Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,190 members, 7,807,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Federal Tertiary Institutions Staff Now Twitter - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal Tertiary Institutions Staff Now Twitter (897 Views)

FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% / Federal Tertiary Institutions Staff Now Twitter / Coronavirus: FG Orders Federal Tertiary Institutions, Unity Colleges Closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Tertiary Institutions Staff Now Twitter by taibat61(m): 6:20pm On May 04, 2020
Here's the account link: https://twitter.com/FTIStaffNg/status/1257310296894402563?s=19

Plz follow @FTIStaffNg on Twitter and retweet with comments with d below #hashtags:

#FGPayOurAprilSalary and #NewMinimumWageArrears

Don't forget to mention the Director of IPPIS
@FinMinNigeria
@MBuhari
@cenbank
@NLCHeadquarters
@LabourMinistry
@BashirAhmaad

Re: Federal Tertiary Institutions Staff Now Twitter by taibat61(m): 6:31pm On May 04, 2020
We (all Fed. Tertiary Institutions) need to face this issue (of IPPIS) together please.
Since February is the same issue we are discussing but no any tangible solution to the problem that affect all.
IPPIS touches every part and every fed. tertiary Institution's staff is a victim, I think is high time to come together and start coming out with the solutions to this over discussed problem than to keep on complaining on the issue.. that I was paid so so so instead of so... I was paid with shortage of so... We all know that the Deduction affect all and those (ASUU) that are yet to enroll, government is doing everything possible to enroll them and as far this government, they won't rest till they push you into this scammed software if care is not taking.
My view
Re: Federal Tertiary Institutions Staff Now Twitter by taibat61(m): 8:30pm On May 04, 2020
EDUCATION AND POLITICAL PRIORITY IN A REGIME OF HONESTY
University lecturers have today stepped into fourth month, completed 3 months without salary, this is because they have refused to join IPPIS, a platform that's designed to pay federal civil servants which has by it's status crippled the autonomy of Nigerian universities guaranteed by the law of the land and ignored the peculiarities of academia. Those academic staff who defied ASUU and joined the platform are paying for the price. A senior colleague was telling me, at a time he was expecting minimum wage increment, he lost almost N20,000 from his pre-IPPIS salary and OAGF is claiming to have added the minimum wage to it. Even non-academic staff who their union resolved to wholeheartedly join the platform their trust has been betrayed, problems upon problems of salary shortfall, NASU is now weighing option of joining ASUU in this struggle. Last month, President Muhammadu Buhari gave directives to the ministry of finance to immediately release withheld salaries of university lecturers, but SGF and OAGF attached condition to it that BVN of the lecturers must be supplied as a condition of payment, this is to enable them to through backdoor enroll the lecturers into the infamous platform, ASUU rejects the condition. What many people did not know about university lecturing is that, the salary of a Phd holder at a position of lecturer II is not near to salary's of some aids to politicians that do not even have an office or schedule of duty. The money RRR political-musician and MC comedian earned in the 5 years of this administration, a lecturer who spent more than 20 years in the university did not cumulatively earned it as his salary. A professor who normally take not more than 550k as salary has to work for 24.5 months before he can earn a one month salary of a Senator at N13.5 million. At this time of lockdown and Ramadan, university lecturers are only milking their fats to feed their mouth. This is coming at a time government officials are claiming to have distribute billions of Naira in the name of covid-19 palliatives in a very susceptible short time with nothing to show and N37billion budgeted for National Assembly Complex renovation, other billions used for automobile purchase of NASS members. Since 2009, ASUU signed Agreement with FG on the funding of public universities, an agreement that until today government fail to honour and doesn't want hear, a reason lecturers are on strike today not because of IPPIS, reasons many people did not know.
This is interesting time for both education, governance and our common conscience in this country. Those who starve education willingly and selfishly have dreadly starved their society and time will judge the consequences.

A lecturer of FUD
Re: Federal Tertiary Institutions Staff Now Twitter by taibat61(m): 6:27am On May 09, 2020
Follow us on Twitter

https://twitter.com/FTIStaffNg/status/1257310296894402563?s=19

ANNOUNCEMENT!
This is to inform all members of our Telegram group that there will be an interactive session with two of our group members who are well informed on NHF matters.

Date :Saturday 9th May, 2020
Time: 8pm

During the interactive session, we will take 15 to 20 random questions from members while our guests will take their time to answer them. They will answer questions like:

1. NHF in a nutshell
2. Funding
3. Benefits
4. Eligibility
5. Registration Procedures and lots more.
Re: Federal Tertiary Institutions Staff Now Twitter by taibat61(m): 6:34am On May 15, 2020
Dear Cdes,

With all the irregularities in salaries nd several complaints on IPPIS i have read so far. Its very clear that IPPIS is a big scam. Permit me to term it, Scam of the Century. We must all join hands to defeat this demon or else it will crumble us bit by bit. Although, i am aware that their paid agent wil come online to console you "oh IPPIS is the best,oh! these irregularities were faced by MDAs that enrolled on IPPIS earlier, oh! IPPIS wil be good someday etc". Lies of the Century i will term all these statements. How on earth can a perfect system/software  pay A, omit B, overpay C, underpay D, etc. IPPIS often put smiles on very few and high blood pressure on many others. Infact, IPPIS is enough to kill. It is because we are Nigerians, a happy nation, we find humor in the good and the bad, the reason many are still alive despite this Covid-19 Salary Package. On my Suprise of the Century, the rate at which FG rush to the media to announce that they have been able to save billions through IPPIS, they would have published the names of ghost workers recorded so far I will suggest.
These are my recommendations;
1. FG should revert to GIFMIS, since IPPIS has proven to be ineffective.
2. UTAS as suggested by ASUU should be considered and implemented.

Others include:
3. IPPIS could be decentralized, with IPPIS staff on each of our tertiary institutions. It seems IPPIS could not handle the large number of Federal Tertiary Institution staff members.
4. All deductions should be revisited and re-negotiated, most especially, union due, tax and NHS deductions. About 99% of staff members are not in full support of NHS, why will Government enforce the scheme on all? And can the Nigerian Govt i know build a house for all her workers? NHS should be voluntary .

Meanwhile, Let us all set our differences aside, all unions must come together, be it NASU, SSANU, NAAT, JAC and say #NoToIPPIS.

Dr OS Ayanda
Re: Federal Tertiary Institutions Staff Now Twitter by taibat61(m): 7:44pm On May 16, 2020
10 things about Nigerian university lecturers

1. The last time university system salary scale was reviewed was in 2009. Yes! 11years ago.

2. ASUU had to go on strike for the review to be implemented in 2011.

3.Among the lecturers of higher institutions ( universities, polytechnics, college of educations) university lecturers are paid the least.

4. No university professor is currently getting up to 500k per month!

5. In some gov't agencies,(Nigerian Port Authority NPA, for example) A Driver's salary is more than that of a lecturer one(PhD+3years post-qualification experience) in university.

6. In agencies like PPPRA, a fresh graduate is paid the salary of Associate professor! Beside other millions of Naira as start-up allowances.

7. The above are revenue agencies (and not paid from CRF)? Ok! Yes. But why are holders of Diploma in community Health (CHEW) and medical laboratory technicians (another Diploma) with just five years experience and rural posting are paid higher than Assistant lecturers (M.SC holder) in universities?

8. Even in the university system, technologist (NAAT guys) are paid thirty thousand naira (30,000naira) as allowance, while lecturers are paid three hundred Naira(300naira). So, they earn better than their ASUU colleagues.

9. Other Non-Academic staffs are paid overtime allowance from 5k to 40k monthly. So, they earn better than ASUU Comrades.

10.ASUU Comrades are not paid overtime allowance at all .

If you must accuse ASUU, accuse them of neglecting themselves for the system to survive.

~ Copied

(1) (Reply)

Youth Engagement For Global Action / ASUU Strike: Sowore Charges Students To Organise Mass Protest To End Strike / ASUU Debunk News To Call Off Strike After Meeting With FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.