Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts (41732 Views)

Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request / Endless Borrowing: Experts Worry, Okonjo-Iweala, Ahmed Differ On Nigeria’s Debts / Nigeria’s Debts: How Each Nigerian Owes ₦155,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by SenecaTheYonger: 8:01pm On May 04, 2020
They will cancel it ohh. You guys don't know white people. They'll cancel that debt soon grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by jaxxy(m): 8:02pm On May 04, 2020
He shud do like obasanjo and call Ngozi okonjo Iweala. Lol

After wasting money to enrich themselves, inflated projects, invincible poor or the poorest and all manner of reckless lifestyle and spending. I don't think this government deserves it.
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by wolfenstein(m): 8:04pm On May 04, 2020
After eating the money they have u guys, u now begging dem not to collect their money back grin grin grin grin grin

I was thinking President Trump was supposed to be in Comedy Central, I now know the President that's meant to be there
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by SocialJustice: 8:05pm On May 04, 2020
Paperwhite:
The president is not serious.After accumulating staggering debts for Nigeria while downplaying the economic implications this will have on the nation, he is now begging IMF to forgive our debts.

For you information, the $3.4bn the IMF recently gave Nigeria that the govt & supporters were alleging was not a loan have been been clarified to be a loan.IMF is not a charity organisation.
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by wole212(m): 8:05pm On May 04, 2020
They might cancel,but it'll come with a price.
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by SocialJustice: 8:05pm On May 04, 2020
I am waiting for IMF and World Bank response.
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by kayjay69(m): 8:07pm On May 04, 2020
So here is how I interpret this.

1) Stupid Nigerian Leaders borrow money from foreign imperial institutions to fund recurrent expenditure, most of which is stolen anyway which then ends up in foreign accounts,

2) Stupid Nigerian Leaders accumulate so much debt on the Nation's behalf and since they are more interested in politics, less interested in doing the real work which ofcourse will involve telling people the truth, fighting corruption, drastically reducing recurrent expenditure and balancing the budget,

3) So because Stupid Nigerian Leaders cannot do all listed in #2 despite promising during campaigns to do same, Stupid Nigerian Leaders then have no choice but to go beg for things such as face mask, ventilators and debt forgiveness in a pandemic such as this. Please keep in mind, we are still in the earliest timeline of the pandemic and they are already begging like the cowards that they are. Misrepresenting us both inside and outside the country and you wonder why we are being treated as degenerate slaves in countries such as india and china.

I weep for this country but most of all I weep for the black race.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by UKBobo(m): 8:07pm On May 04, 2020
What a complete FOOL!

Like his brodas go write off a debt of 20 cows
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by safetyboot: 8:07pm On May 04, 2020
WHY SHOULD THEY CANCEL WHEN YOU ARE CREDIT WORTHY?
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by martha18(f): 8:08pm On May 04, 2020
dre11:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-buhari-begs-imf-world-bank-to-cancel-nigerias-debts.html
Nice strategy.... No wonder the figures from NCDC keeps increasing. Kudos Mr President..... Cancellation of debt ko, Addition ni
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by castrol180(m): 8:08pm On May 04, 2020
This guy is funny sha...do you think all the international organisations are there just for fun
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by drLammy(m): 8:08pm On May 04, 2020
We too like giveaway for Naija grin

IMF abeg na... Forgive and forget, .. BUBU won't do it again
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by KGREAT(m): 8:08pm On May 04, 2020
Tissaia:
Very fake news from Dailylies
How do you know?
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by Aarenaija: 8:08pm On May 04, 2020
These people think IMF and co are not watching how they loot the country dry? They will now dash you the money you borrowed again. I laugh in Wuhan cheesy
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by kingthreat(m): 8:09pm On May 04, 2020
Like he went to beg for ventilators and Trump made a fool out of him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by oluwasegun007(m): 8:09pm On May 04, 2020
No be last week you collect one... You dey bag for forgiveness of previous loan.

Na wah
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by blackboy(m): 8:09pm On May 04, 2020
Buhari always trying to be better than OBJ but goes about it the wrong way.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by Angelfrost(m): 8:10pm On May 04, 2020
You want debt forgiveness and cancellation so you can have a fresh slate to prodigiously accumulate far more debts before leaving office...

If IMF has the power and wherewithal to grant this huge favour, I would personally counsel them to hold off on doing so, till Nigeria shows some seriousness and commitment towards industrialization, reduced dependence on importations, increased exports, and enhanced income generating drive...

If and when this is in place within 2 or 3 years, then we can talk about partial debt lifting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by bimbodotun(m): 8:11pm On May 04, 2020
Just print Naira Notes and pay the debt.......���Too much sense wii not kii mii ���

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by joyfullyjoyous(f): 8:11pm On May 04, 2020
If it wont have any negative effect on us then IMF please do.
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by kemii4782: 8:15pm On May 04, 2020
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by Trutherme: 8:15pm On May 04, 2020
IMF will cancel your debt when you are buying new SUV's and looting our treasury ba?
Ok undecided
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:17pm On May 04, 2020
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by Alberta123: 8:18pm On May 04, 2020
This op na comedian grin grin grin

Can't find anywhere the president specially begged for our loan to be cancelled .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by FuerzA: 8:18pm On May 04, 2020
These dingbats in power keep paralysing this country angry
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:18pm On May 04, 2020
grin
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by Baloranking(m): 8:19pm On May 04, 2020
Stevecreativex:
To cancel the debt his great great great grand father work for abi...

World bank and IMF should just take over the whole Nigeria as collateral undecided

If they should take over grin China should do what
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by Baloranking(m): 8:20pm On May 04, 2020
bimbodotun:
Just print Naira Notes and pay the debt.......���Too much sense wii not kii mii ���

It does not work like that, printing of currency has its own disadvantages

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by Farki: 8:20pm On May 04, 2020
After begging you will still turn around to borrow, rather than save money from oil revenues to generate alternative sources of income.
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by Baloranking(m): 8:21pm On May 04, 2020
grin grin grin grin
drLammy:
We too like giveaway for Naija grin

IMF abeg na... Forgive and forget, .. BUBU won't do it again
Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by rationalhuman(m): 8:25pm On May 04, 2020
I am telling you honestly that Image of Nigeria is so much tarnished by Scammers and Drug Dealers that you will just cry.
One of my classmate was from Nigeria and If we were out for chilling to malls, Clubs etc and whenever Police stops us for random checks, that poor guy had to answer a lot of things and even then Agents/Police never let us go without online verification of his visa status.
In any Local Indian newspaper, Local TV , just Every another day you will find news about some Nigerian scam, drugs and Girl prostitution. Now the situation has come to this worse if they catch someone from Mali, people see and brand them as Nigerian.
These criminals are not the worst enemy of Foreign Countries but to their own Hardworking people, students .Whenever i hear any prosecution news from India, China, Malyesia, Thailand etc I never shed tears for such criminals.

kayjay69:
So here is how I interpret this.

1) Stupid Nigerian Leaders borrow money from foreign imperial institutions to fund recurrent expenditure, most of which is stolen anyway which then ends up in foreign accounts,

2) Stupid Nigerian Leaders accumulate so much debt on the Nation's behalf and since they are more interested in politics, less interested in doing the real work which ofcourse will involve telling people the truth, fighting corruption, drastically reducing recurrent expenditure and balancing the budget,

3) So because Stupid Nigerian Leaders cannot do all listed in #2 despite promising during campaigns to do same, Stupid Nigerian Leaders then have no choice but to go beg for things such as face mask, ventilators and debt forgiveness in a pandemic such as this. Please keep in mind, we are still in the earliest timeline of the pandemic and they are already begging like the cowards that they are. Misrepresenting us both inside and outside the country and you wonder why we are being treated as degenerate slaves in countries such as india and china.

I weep for this country but most of all I weep for the black race.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts by Adrian98(m): 8:25pm On May 04, 2020
Which kind government be this. Just use the abacha loot and pay off some

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Will Pelt Jonathan With Stones If…- Oshiomhole / Okorocha Outshines Ihedioha At PDP Campaign Rally In Imo / Emeka Offor Signs $10 Million To Carter Center For SE/SS Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.