Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

COVID-19: FG To Disinfect Schools Nationwide - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / COVID-19: FG To Disinfect Schools Nationwide (434 Views)

NSCDC CG Orders Deployment Of Undercover Agents To Schools Nationwide. / FG To Feed 9 Million Pupils Across 53,000 Public Schools Nationwide / COVID-19: FG About To Disinfect Schools Across The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: FG To Disinfect Schools Nationwide by LORDofODDS(m): 8:16pm On May 04, 2020
The Federal Government on Monday announced that it would soon commence the disinfection and decontamination of schools across the country.

Minister of Environment, Muhammad Mahmood, disclosed this at the Presidential Task Force briefing on COVID-19 in Abuja.

He said the Federal Ministry of Environment would get the data of schools nationwide from the Federal Ministry of Education.

Mahmood said, “We are initiating a programme of decontaminating and disinfecting our schools before they open.

“Because subsequently in the phases (of reopening the lockdown), I believe we will get to that point when we start opening the schools.

“So, we will be liaising with the Federal Ministry of Education to make sure we have the needed data to carry out the exercise.”

Although the minister did not state when the exercise would start, he said his ministry had been making efforts to commence the programme.

Mahmood said, “Today we will like to brief you on our first video conference with our Environmental Health Sanitation desks across the country, the 36 states plus the FCT.

“Also in attendance was a representative of the World Health Organisation, the purpose of which is to build additional capacity and to reiterate adherence to the guidelines in this response to COVID-19.”

https://punchng.com/covid-19-fg-to-disinfect-schools-nationwide/

Re: COVID-19: FG To Disinfect Schools Nationwide by ehbellsho(m): 8:38pm On May 04, 2020
Schools?
Primary, Secondary, College of Educations, Polytechnics or Universities? Public or Privates?
In 36 states including the FCT?

Hmmmmm
let me just put my hands together to pray for the success of this unrealistic project.

Nigeria my beloved country
Re: COVID-19: FG To Disinfect Schools Nationwide by sammychimex(m): 8:39pm On May 04, 2020
Good move. But reopening of schools is still very far away probably end of 2020.

Meanwhile is it true that batch b stream one corpers are passing out on the 28 of may.
Asking for my gf
Re: COVID-19: FG To Disinfect Schools Nationwide by BlackSpanner: 8:45pm On May 04, 2020
Schools!!! Does this include unity schools, tertiary institutions.

If so, then we are in for a long ride. Because the amount that they would claim was used could even surpass the Abatcha loot that was returned recently.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Disinfect Schools Nationwide by operotimi: 9:05pm On May 04, 2020
let me sit here
Re: COVID-19: FG To Disinfect Schools Nationwide by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 04, 2020
Lol. Dem want to syphon money again with unrealistic projects..
Re: COVID-19: FG To Disinfect Schools Nationwide by dunsin125: 11:27pm On May 04, 2020
sammychimex:
Good move. But reopening of schools is still very far away probably end of 2020.

Meanwhile is it true that batch b stream one corpers are passing out on the 28 of may.
Asking for my gf
Yes bro...it is
Re: COVID-19: FG To Disinfect Schools Nationwide by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:28pm On May 04, 2020
What about private schools? them go disinfect dem go tire oo

(1) (Reply)

UNIBEN 2020/2021 Departmental Cutoff Mark: Latest Update / FG Can’t Decide For Private, State Schools To Take WASSCE / Despite COVID-19, School Operations Are On Schedule — Caleb University VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.