Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:59 AM

How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. (9981 Views)

Challenges Of Muslims In Nigeria; Solutions Needed Please / Questions On The “innocence Of Muslims”. / In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. by alimat2(f): 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2011
Its just too unfortunate and UnIslamic that that some group of Muslims poll themselves together and name themselves the special/best group/kind/type of Muslims whereas the Quran does not mention any group/type of Muslims.

The Quran generalized all the muslims as Muslims, their is noting like sunni,shia,wahabian,liberal,bla bla bla Muslims. Its either u are a Muslim or not a Muslim.

All mention in the Holy Quran about Muslims is to fellow the footstep of the Prophet(saw) as our role model and anybody that feels he is not among the footstep followers is definitely not a Muslim or a disobedient Muslim.

I think we as Muslims have more task before us than this Sunni,shite bla bla bla issues we are disturbing ourselves over.

We should work together to fight the unbelievers instead of the sect issue.
Muslims should think forward towards the growth is Islam in our prospective community rather than d sectoral issue

Any u any body thinks that the Quran made mention of types of muslims u can quote the chapters and verses

2 Likes

Re: How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. by azharuddin: 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2011
Those who believe 'La ilaaha illAllah muhammad-ur-rasoolullah' are muslims. As for which sects are in the right path and which are in the wrong path its for Allah (swt) to decide. We need to concentrate more on ourselves than on others.
Re: How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. by hannydarl(f): 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2011
alimat 2:

Its just too unfortunate and UnIslamic that that some group of Muslims  poll themselves together and name themselves the special/best   group/kind/type of Muslims whereas the Quran does not mention any group/type of Muslims.

The Quran generalized all the muslims as Muslims, their is noting like sunni,shia,wahabian,liberal,bla bla bla Muslims Its either u are a Muslim or not a Muslim.

All mention in the Holy Quran about Muslims is to fellow the footstep of the Prophet(saw) as our role model and anybody that feels he is not among the footstep followers is definitely not a Muslim or a disobedient Muslim.   

I think we as Muslims have more task before us than this Sunni,shite  bla bla bla issues we are disturbing ourselves over.

[b]We should work together to fight the unbelievers
instead of the sect issue.
Muslims should think forward towards the growth is Islam in our prospective community rather than d sectoral issue

Any u any body thinks that the Quran made mention of types of muslims u can quote the chapters and verses

Why do you want to fight unbelievers? wetin dem do you? its not in your place to force someone to believe in a religion just as nobody has a right to fight with you to force you into accepting any other religion than your chosen faith. Tomorrow when they say islam is violent na una go carry dirty mouth come say na lie. shiooooor and you are a woman o. Violent woman at that. You can kill sef if them put knife for your hand may God punish you everyday and take health from you so you wont have time to preach this violence poo anymore. Amin.
Re: How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2011
Alima2, salam alaikum. otoojo meta
Re: How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. by LagosShia: 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2011
it is really unfortunate that Muslims ended up being divided into numerous sects and particularly under the two branches of Shia and Sunni.

however this is a reality on ground that even the Prophet Muhammad (sa) himself saw and told his followers about.

in numerous occassions,it was clear that the Prophet Muhammad (sa) designated his successor to be Imam Ali (as).after the demise of the Prophet (sa) things changed as if people the Prophet (sa) had not said anything.in some occasions also during the life time of the Prophet (sa) those particular people also disobeyed the Prophet (sa).elements of the arabian jahiliyyah also intruded in Islamic way of life and started with what would only end up in the worse tragedy Islam witnessed,the tragedy of Karbala.

as for me,i believe the word "shia" and "muslim" are one and the same.there is no difference.the intent of the word is to be fully part of what islam should be.anything else beside muslim aka shia or shia aka muslim is what should be refered to as sects.

let no one misunderstand me however that i am promoting sectarian strife or division of muslims.i am not.i am fully with islamic unity;nontheless i dont think it is a bad idea for muslims to know early islamic history and the events that happened which shaped the islamic world.as for today,i do believe muslims have lots of challenges and we should all embrace to stand up to those challenges.a best example of unity is shia iran's support for the sunni palestinian resistance movements like hamas.i do also voice my opposition to wahhabi aka salafists means of violenece and intolerance which have both given muslims a bad image the world over aka "terrorism" and contributed to bloodshed of muslims through sectarian killings in places such as Iraq and Pakistan.to be clear,i have nothing against mainstream sunnis under the banner of islamic brotherhood.

for further details on the Shia-Sunni divide you can simply research on the following topics which are part and parcel of islamic history:

Hadith of Pen and Paper

Saqīfah banī Sāˤidat

The Events at Saqifah

Hadith of Position

Hadith of the Pond of Khumm

Hadith of the Two Weighty Things

Hadith of Twelve Successors

Hadith of Mubahela

Hadith of the Cloak

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imamah_%28Shi%27a_Twelver_doctrine%29]Imamate[/url]

Battle of Karbala

Battle of the Camel

Battle of Siffin

Battle of Nahrawan

(note:all the sources of the above are neither shia nor sunni;they are from a "neutral" source.you can find out more on the above listed items by searching online).
Re: How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. by vanennatalia: 8:01am On Jun 22, 2012
One Sunni Muslims. Shi'a have their own book and other types i'm not really sure what they believe in.

(1) (Reply)

Succubus And Incubus(spiritual Husband And Spiritual Wife) / Observing Salat In A Building That Was Built Over A Graveyard / Is Buying Expensive Items Regarded As Extravagance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.