Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,848 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? (31296 Views)

Can N30 Million Buy 3 Beds Bungalow Penthouse With Boys Quarter ? / Can 30 Million Build 6 Bedroom Duplex. / Will 5 Million Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Nobody: 7:18am On May 07, 2020
Nnaetochukwu:

cheesy lol...it's actually the fact,I can't advice one not to start something,start doing it ,

I'm sure we are from same state grin

I was actually talking about the part where u advised him to hire a QS, not the other part. wink

And we are not from the same state. Afiambu nwa Yoruba... grin

1 Like

Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by festivial: 7:19am On May 07, 2020
Wow nice concept.I saw only architectural advises without a building engineer advise.dnt mind those architect they had stepped beyond there structured work as an architect, it's d work of an architect to draw and later engineer takes up d rest to build.the only thing architect needs to do is come over to just inspect d construction while the engineer is building the structure. Bro,number one thing is,is d land available for building? Is the 30m not part of buying d land? If yea! Is it in developed city or rural area and if no it won't be enough. But....u can contact a reliable building company....intact they can build more than the money u budgeted and asked u to pay certain amount and thereby u might split d money for over several years to pay back d payment they incured on the building. Eg...they can build for u an edifice of standard structure of a shopping complex worth 50million above and u can just pay them 20million after completion and split d rest Om d years to pay the rest of d money.leaving u with extra cash of 10milliom to use in making d payment for few years and during d years later u gather yourself to pay d balance of 30million splited on a stipulated period with ease. In fact I can stand in for u in some areas. Am an engineer and ready to help your dream. contact for help;09019750859 (whatsap). Intact I can be of help.and u will be glad u did. Note: u ll verify the company recommended before you start d bizness. I think outside the box......peace.
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Endymadu: 7:24am On May 07, 2020
Since it's a shopping complex, you don't really need excessive finishing which is enough to save you more cost. The foundation and the superstructure shouldn't cost you much despite the fact that the suspended slab is included and make sure the size of each shop shouldn't be more than 2.5m X 3m. I bet you, that amount is more than enough to give you a standard structure.
All you need is just the right contractor who can give you the value for your money.

But hope it's not a water logged area cus that's also a factor as it could increase the cost of foundation.

Dsonz construction Limited
08067137305, 08025337280.
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by victorbass1234: 7:25am On May 07, 2020
Kingrexyl:
You can type everything here
Haha. No chill at all. Dude won't be scammed.
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:26am On May 07, 2020
sirblend:

Lol
N15M shocked

He hi needs more than 1500/2000 bags of cement for the building.
Iron rod at least 1.5m to 2million
More than 10k 9inches blocks....
Granite....more than than 10 truck loads(¾ stones). A 20 ton truck load is around 80k.
I am not an engineer, but I once on many occasion supervised a building project.

15m will and can never be enough. Please don't mislead him..Before he abandoned his project.

Cement 5 million

Iron rod 1.5 million

Blocks. 2 million

Granite 800k
Sand. 400k

Total approximately N10 million

Additional N20 million will complete the property

1 Like

Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:30am On May 07, 2020
Depends on the location. Meanwhile sub ur Dstv and gotv and contact us for any issues.
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by willybaby(m): 7:30am On May 07, 2020
Kingrexyl:
Lately I've been thinking of starting a business complex, 10 shops upstairs and 10 downstairs probably by January next year, so I want to ask if 30 million can do everything, including the roofing, tiles e.t.c, your advise will be appreciated.
OP please go to property section and seek advice from Spyder888 his one of the best trust worthy and good at heart
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by nathdim: 7:32am On May 07, 2020
Kingrexyl:
Lately I've been thinking of starting a business complex, 10 shops upstairs and 10 downstairs probably by January next year, so I want to ask if 30 million can do everything, including the roofing, tiles e.t.c, your advise will be appreciated.
depends on the location if there is no Omo onile collecting 24/7 extortion fees then secondly proper supervision if you carry money dash contractor na you sabi just look for a good experience bricklayer let him just charge for workmanship then you supply materials with you yourself creating a dedicated time on site 24/7 monitoring materials that comes in an out of the site and also make sure site is secure with fence gate and one entrance and thirdly and finally it comes to taste for me i feel a simple plaza with maybe 4 toilets and not too classy tiles should not go for more than 20 million and finally buy materials yourself don't let any plumbers electrician painter or carpenter take you to any dealer make dealers of your choice bargain with the dealer telling him you are going to return remaining item after usage because they are fond of writing excessive materials then one section of a job at a time for proper monitoring
Would post a picture of my own warehouse in Ogun state which I just did with 4.5million after a contractor gave me a quotation of 12 million

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Juell(m): 7:32am On May 07, 2020
festivial:
Wow nice concept.I saw only architectural advises without a building engineer advise.dnt mins those architect they had stepped beyond there structured work as an architect, it's d work of an architect to draw and later engineer takes up d rest to build.the only thing architect needs to do is come over to just inspect d construction while the engineer is building the structure. Bro,number one thing is,is d land available for building? Is the 30m not part of buying d land? If yea! Is it in developed city or rural area and if no it won't be enough. But....u can contact a reliable building company....intact they can build more than the money u budgeted and asked u to pay certain amount and thereby u might split d money for over several years to pay back d payment they incured on the building. Eg...they can build for u an edifice of standard structure of a shopping complex worth 50million above and u can just pay them 20million after completion and split d rest Om d years to pay the rest of d money.leaving u with extra cash of 10milliom to use in making d payment for few years and during d years later u gather yourself to pay d balance of 30million splited on a stipulated period with ease. In fact I can stand in for u in some areas. Am an engineer and ready to help your dream. contact for help;09019750859 (whatsap). Intact I can be of help.and u will be glad u did. Note: u ll verify the company recommended before you start d bizness. I think outside the box......peace.
Nah, who said Architects don't supervise building projects? Architects don't draw we design, with the type of peanuts Nigerians pay for design u expect us to survive on that? Just sell yourself and don't discredit others in the process of selling ur trade.
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Adegunle4(m): 7:35am On May 07, 2020
grin...I see people mentioning things like consult an engineer blah blah blah...
At this conceptual stage... the people required are the architects and the quantity surveyors..
I don’t think an engineer knows better than an architect in design or cost estimation than a QS.
My opinion tho

1 Like

Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Roon9(m): 7:36am On May 07, 2020
Adegunle4:

Lol...Civil Engr?...are you for real?

Yes o.
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Adegunle4(m): 7:41am On May 07, 2020
Lol...fym this thing that looks like a pen house done by baba kamoru is what you term design...
I’m sure the OP knows what he’s looking for and not some pen projects done in ibafo.
Get over yourself man. You can’t do better than those in the field.

nathdim:
depends on the location if there is no Omo onile collecting 24/7 extortion fees then secondly proper supervision if you carry money dash contractor na you sabi just look for a good experience bricklayer let him just charge for workmanship then you supply materials with you yourself creating a dedicated time on site 24/7 monitoring materials that comes in an out of the site and also make sure site is secure with fence gate and one entrance and thirdly and finally it comes to taste for me i feel a simple plaza with maybe 4 toilets and not too classy tiles should not go for more than 20 million and finally buy materials yourself don't let any plumbers electrician painter or carpenter take you to any dealer make dealers of your choice bargain with the dealer telling him you are going to return remaining item after usage because they are fond of writing excessive materials then one section of a job at a time for proper monitoring
Would post a picture of my own warehouse in Ogun state which I just did with 4.5million after a contractor gave me a quotation of 12 million
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by chinoify: 7:43am On May 07, 2020
Most people here have not built in a very long time. Oga 30M won't be enough for that project this period. It will go along way but won't finish the project.
In this project you have some major things to consider..
Cement
Blocks
Labour
Source of water
Sand
Zinc
Interlocks
And for the second time LABOUR!!!
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by frankmoney(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2020
If you have the land already , 30m will build a moderate complex for you

1 Like

Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by siwajus: 7:49am On May 07, 2020
Just say 28milion cuz at least 2million might go your approval plan if it's lagos, also depending on the size and soil texture of your land...so I can say bodily that u should get a standard one with 35 to 40 million nevertheless 30million can also do the magic or to make it easy for you just do the drawing and get a beme or bill done so that u can a full knowledge of the total money u are to spend ...at your service siwajus consultancy
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Ladycewhy(f): 7:49am On May 07, 2020
Iamundisputed:

It's good to be careful but it's wrong to assume the man was a scammer based on the message he sent.

One trend I find funny on Nairaland is that people prefer free consultation instead of hiring and paying an expert, that's why it seems like everyone is trying to scam each other.

The service he needs can only be rendered to him by a Quantity Surveyor but would most Nigerian clients pay for such costing services?
I will prefer he makes the consultation face to face. Even if he wants to pay,it should never be through an online acquaintance or transaction
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Nnaetochukwu(m): 7:49am On May 07, 2020
Iamundisputed:

I was actually talking about the part where u advised him to hire a QS, not the other part. wink

And we are not from the same state. Afiambu nwa Yoruba... grin

grin Omo werey, awon oloriburuku gang grin

No mind me bro ,Omo Yoruba le mi grin
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by nathdim: 7:50am On May 07, 2020
Adegunle4:
Lol...fym this thing that looks like a pen house done by baba kamoru is what you term design...
I’m sure the OP knows what he’s looking for and not some pen projects done in ibafo.
Get over yourself man. You can’t do better than those in the field.

Mr contractor are you the op how do you know what he wants did he mention that he is building a duplex what matters most is the location of the property
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Conze: 7:52am On May 07, 2020
Just spend little from that money and consult an architect, he will guide u, u will be confused here
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Nobody: 7:59am On May 07, 2020
Nnaetochukwu:

grin Omo werey, awon oloriburuku gang grin

No mind me bro ,Omo Yoruba le mi grin

God forbid o. shocked Na early morning abeg... U better learn better words instead of cursing. undecided

Nsogbu adiro... Bye.
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Nickxander11(m): 8:06am On May 07, 2020
First, a lot of factors can affect the cost of a building project. I always advice people not to follow what people tell them about price of a project except the two project are the same in size and finishes.(some will say their friend/brother built 4 bedroom duplex with 20million so their own 4:bedroom in the same location should be the same amount but they always forget that floor areas of their friend/brother may not be the same with theirs
One of the powerful items that affect cost of a project is floor area so that brings the question of what could be the floor area of each store.(this can be used to give you an approximate estimate).

The best way you can resolve this is by consulting QUANTITY SURVEYOR who will use the structural and architectural designs to make a BILL OF QUANTITIES(
One of the advantages it has is that you get to know the probable cost of your project before you begin and this can tell if you are ready to execute the project financially thereby saving you from unexpected cash-strapping which can make you abandon the project). should incase you have not made the drawings yet there is what we call designing to a cost in cost planning and control which the QUANTITY SURVEYOR guides the Architect and Structual engineer to create a design to fit in to the clients budget(the clients budget should be reasonable)

Apart from making a BILL OF QUANTITIES, a QUANTITY SURVEYOR has other important roles to play in your project such as feasibility and viability study, cost analysis and control, project management etc.

Please avoid any advice that is not from a QUANTITY SURVEYOR as it may lead you to going bankrupt before you roof your project.

3 Likes

Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by timesup234: 8:12am On May 07, 2020
Kingrexyl:
Yes 30 million naira will build it excluding land as long as it is 20 shops in total.
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by JMEN: 8:12am On May 07, 2020
Am a Quantity surveyor chat me 08033574397 for what you ask 30m can do if land is already there and again depending on the location of the work and how big the shop would be...I have done similar estimate. I also design structures in other words am also an architect.
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Offpoint: 8:13am On May 07, 2020
divineuk:
not 90% 99% are scammers please beware
If 99% na scammers, then the op, the guy you quoted and yourself inclusive go be scammers be that naw.
Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by SweetCunt97(f): 8:14am On May 07, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin grin angry

Where is d location?? Why not students lodge?
How? Someone said business complex and you saying student lodge? What's wrong with you people and trying to tell someone how to spend his money?

1 Like

Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by sirblend: 8:17am On May 07, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Cement 5 million

Iron rod 1.5 million

Blocks. 2 million

Granite 800k
Sand. 400k

Total approximately N10 million

Additional N20 million will complete the property

Brother the remaining 20m won't complete the budget.
There are a lot of miscellaneous expenses he is going to encounter. For example: when decking the building he needs to get planks and bamboo sticks to hold the building before it gets dried..
The sand of 400k(around 10 trips) is not even enough.....depending on location.. Forming the basket, German floor decking would consume a lot of sand and granite..
Laterite....
Roofing....except he wants to use Cameron zinc or abestos... Aluminum roofing sheets is about N1,350k per meter depending on the thickness.
*Swiss roofing sheets= N2500 per meter
*fiber britment sheet =N3500 per meter depending on the thickness.
Wood for roofing
PVC or pop.
Plaster sand for plastering the building.
Labour would gulp more than 2m.
He digs a bore hole or he buys water.....buying water will cost more than 200k for the project.
Tiles, windows, doors, window protector, piping, painting
PHCN meters for each shops.

What about landscaping the building?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by chuksonu(m): 8:23am On May 07, 2020
Kingrexyl:

Why don’t you invest in hotel industry?.
One of my good friends whom I assisted to settle down when she arrived abroad connected me to buy her dad’s property in a good location in Benin city.Her dad is old and a retired civil servant.They relocated him to Lagos where they have built houses and all of his children are abroad.

They want to sell the property so as not to have any issue in the future when the man joins his ancestors.

The property will be perfect to renovate and use for hotel.

It’s a two flats of four bedrooms with toilets,parking stores and parlours.The up can be reconstructed into rooms and can give you between 14 to 16 rooms.
Then downstairs can be reconstructed to habor a bar,kitchen,reception and few chalets for short time.

Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by Paypaylme(m): 8:26am On May 07, 2020
30 million cannot build a befitting shopping complex in mega cities like Lagos. The location of the business is a factor worthy of consideration.

Anyway check my signature if you have an exchange to do right now.

Re: Can N30 Million Build A Business Complex? by AJORE(m): 8:26am On May 07, 2020
It can and it might not. A lot of factors need to put in place. 1. Location of d business. 2. Type of finishes u want for the business. 3. Size of each stall/shop. 4. Professional know-how.
Kingrexyl:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles / Best Residential Estates In Abuja / When You Think Of The Value Of A Beach Front Home,think Of GOSHEN +2349030188831

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.