Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Are Road-side Mechanics Allowed To Drive Faulty Police Or Military Vehicles? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are Road-side Mechanics Allowed To Drive Faulty Police Or Military Vehicles? (171 Views)

This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns / Fire Hydrant: What Is This Device Found By The Road Side Used For? (PHOTOS) / Dangote Truck Crushes Vehicles On Kaduna-Abuja Road, Many Dead. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Road-side Mechanics Allowed To Drive Faulty Police Or Military Vehicles? by mdokaba1(m): 2:17pm On May 05, 2020
People, I am a layman when it comes to knowing the internal do's and donts guiding the Nigerian Security Arms. However, my most remote insticnt tells me this is a misnormal.

I stay somewhere in the north east hitherto occupied by the Non-State Armed Groups during the heat of the conflict.

It is common place here, to see military and police trucks being driven (alone) by road-side mechanics all in the name of repairs or testing. A couple times i see the mechanics drive them recklessly.

According to one of the mechanics i interviewed, they are not made to sign weavers of any sort nor any protective vest incase of ambush.

I thought security arms have their own in-house mechanics who are trained and employed for same purpose. Why give that much access to such sensitive equipment to none military persons especally in an area with suspected sleeper cells?

I know the default argument would be that, trust may have been built over time with the mechanics. Me thinks for security reasons, and for the personal safety of those mechanics, this is not proper.

Over to the in-house security experts or personnels. Is this allowed?

(1) (Reply)

Is Sergio Aguero Still A Top 10 Player In The World? / How To Make Your Own Hair Cream / Mercy Wave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.