Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,841 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire (62561 Views)

Remdesivir: Trump Wants FDA To Quicken Its Approval For COVID -19 Treatment / Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug / COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Nairalandmonika: 8:52pm On May 05, 2020
fujirice:
I thought the US said this drug is not in the market as it has never been used to treat any sickness/disease before now or am I missing something?
Nah, this drugs was produce during Ebola outbreak, but the research shows the drug failed for Ebola.

At the beginning of the outbreak, the drug was tested again in China and the Chinese doctors said it failed as well.

But some news broke out some weeks back that a Chinese pharmaceutical is producing it in mass without the awareness of Gilead.

The question is why is Chinese producing a medicine they claim failed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Bluffly: 8:52pm On May 05, 2020
Killing the virus is one thing treating the damage is another
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by efe2luv: 8:54pm On May 05, 2020
The devil is in the details...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by 1x2kills: 8:56pm On May 05, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

You could be right, but I know this drugs was earlier tested in china at the beginning of the outbreak, china claimed the drug failed as well but when around and started producing it.

Yes bro, lots of drugs was tested then, immediate data from USA found the drug to reduce the recovery days of the virus, trust trump he immediate start manipulating the pharma industry, now they have donated all their stock to USA, since Nigeria wasn't using the drug as trial drugs before, they can't get it now since it isn't available,
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Nairalandmonika: 9:00pm On May 05, 2020
1x2kills:

Yes bro, lots of drugs was tested then, immediate data from USA found the drug to reduce the recovery days of the virus, trust trump he immediate start manipulating the pharma industry, now they have donated all their stock to USA, since Nigeria wasn't using the drug as trial drugs before, they can't get it now since it isn't available,
Alright, am even surprise how they got it, because I know it's expensive
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by 1x2kills: 9:00pm On May 05, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Nah, this drugs was produce during Ebola outbreak, but the research shows the drug failed for Ebola.

At the beginning of the outbreak, the drug was tested again in China and the Chinese doctors said it failed as well.

But some news broke out some weeks back that a Chinese pharmaceutical is producing it in mass without the awareness of Gilead.

What us classified as success is even debatable, their data isn't that comprehensive, their scientist were just desperate to give out good news
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Nairalandmonika: 9:00pm On May 05, 2020
efe2luv:
Watin Democrats do again?
Is it not thesame Trump that's promoting this remdesivir.
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Cyberterror: 9:01pm On May 05, 2020
Our minister of health no know book. Always watching CNN to give him expo

gringrin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by fujirice: 9:02pm On May 05, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

So, is it the Chinese version that we are using to treat our people?
I followed the news on CNN and truly it was during Ebola period that it was tested first.
But the news also said that the drug is not in the market as it wasn’t used to treat any sickness or diseases pre-COVID-19. So, which one are they using to treat patients now? Because I don’t believe that the US will ship a drug that they have not fully utilized for their people to Nigeria that quick.
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by afecgivers: 9:03pm On May 05, 2020
Chosen1984:
Look within.. Nigeria has the Cure..
Ezekil 47:12, Revelation 22:2

we need to Prayerfully look Within!

Have u heard Of Siamweed? I think it's also called Mint leaf ! And it's all over Nigeria

If you know it, get them wash and quizz the water out them and drink daily... don't add water

You could also get the fresh leaf and boil very very well. Drink it hot daily!

It's a Divine cure!

I prefer scientifically look within
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Originalsly: 9:03pm On May 05, 2020
Wickedfact:

You think everyone would be able to afford it?
Hydroxychloroquine is about 25k now. Used to be around 1k before.

When used IN THE APPROPRIATE DOSAGE with zinc, it cures Coronavirus with more than 90% results.

So why is it not used? Why Remdesivir?.... and is Remdesivir really a cure? The man calling the shots in Washington is Dr Fauci. Dr Fauci said enough is not known about Hydroxychloroquine and its effects for it to be used to treat COVID-19.... a drug that has been around and in use for over 40 years. But he has given Emergency approval for Remdesivir.... a drug that has not reached the required testing standards to be unleashed to the public. Why? Conflict of interest..... he has stakes in Gilead Sciences.... the maker of Remdesivir. Who does he choose to test the drug on?...do I have to say? And if successful... best case scenario..... what will the drug do?..... cut 4 days off the 15 day infection duration. Be aware of who and what you're dealing with. We are in the making of One World Order and don't even know. May our eyes be opened

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 05, 2020
Those of you who are against the use of Africa as testing ground for covid19 are now commending it.
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by noisy45(m): 9:05pm On May 05, 2020
fujirice:

I followed the news on CNN and truly it was during Ebola period that it was tested first.
But the news also said that the drug is not in the market as it wasn’t used to treat any sickness or diseases pre-COVID-19. So, which one are they using to treat patients now? Because I don’t believe that the US will ship a drug that they have not fully utilized for their people to Nigeria that quick.

the drug was shipped to us when we had the ebola crisis. it's the remaining stock they are using on Coronavirus patients

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Cantonese: 9:06pm On May 05, 2020
Chosen1984:

Have u heard Of Siamweed? I think it's also called Mint leaf ! And it's all over Nigeria

If you know it, get them wash and quizz the water out them and drink daily... don't add water

It's a Divine cure!

What's it used for?
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Nairalandmonika: 9:06pm On May 05, 2020
fujirice:

Of course, you are right, Nigeria new govt and agencies are always doing and saying things that are questionable. And this medicine is very expensive.
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by knowhowk: 9:06pm On May 05, 2020
sidieladaniel:
lies. those that recover is due to the strength of their immune system, chloroquine did nothing & it's side effects can be deadly. Their is a study from newyork & other that places that shows chloroquine deos absolutely nothing
. Strength of Immune system without any drugs ?
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by fujirice: 9:07pm On May 05, 2020
noisy45:

the drug was shipped to us when we had the ebola crisis. it's the remaining stock they are using on Coronavirus patients

Oh! It makes sense now.
Thank you
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by hhmmcj: 9:08pm On May 05, 2020
Equatorial Guinea's Coronavirus recovery rate has increased by 44% from 9 recoveries to 13 in 5 days, after purchasing Madagascar's Coronavirus medicine.
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Wickedfact: 9:10pm On May 05, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

This guy, you are just full of misinformation, u were the idiot arguing about Delta state earlier on.
Remdesivir is not a new antiviral medicine, it has been around since Ebola time. It was originally develop for Ebola. U can check it out am expecting ur stupid reply.

I don't reply fools. Go and collect your reply from your Idiotic elders at home. Stupid nonentity.
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Nairalandmonika: 9:10pm On May 05, 2020
Bluffly:
Killing the virus is one thing treating the damage is another
If u injure, ur body normally repairs itself back, as long as there's an effective medicine stopping the virus from reproducing u body should heal back unless the damage has been done beyond repair.

But I don't think this remdesivir is that effective anyway

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Nairalandmonika: 9:10pm On May 05, 2020
Wickedfact:

I don't reply fools. Go and collect your reply from your Idiotic elders at home. Stupid nonentity.
As expected.
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:12pm On May 05, 2020
So long as it is America we can trust them not the Chinese. Those guys that gives test kits that test positive on pawpaw
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Nairalandmonika: 9:13pm On May 05, 2020
hhmmcj:
Equatorial Guinea's Coronavirus recovery rate has increased by 44% from 9 recoveries to 13 in 5 days, after purchasing Madagascar's Coronavirus medicine.
Any proof.

Am just wondering why AU cannot carry out a proper rest of the herbs. It needs to be tested on thousands of people and proven to be effective b4 we can boldly say it's a cure.
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by fujirice: 9:13pm On May 05, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Of course, you are right, Nigeria new govt and agencies are always doing and saying things that are questionable. And this medicine is very expensive.

I have been clarified that we had some shipments of the drug from Ebola days.
That is what they are using now.
Thank you
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by ofemigeorge(m): 9:15pm On May 05, 2020
Itisallright:
Why can't he tell us the effective of the drug? They always do copy copy with abroad... can't we look around us for solution instead of copy copy

Just tired of this coro stuff abeg.
No mind dem
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 05, 2020
u11ae1013:
Always waiting for USA to approve chalk for us to use, can't we learn from Senegal and Madagascar?.
Nigeria has the most brilliant and effective herbalist with proven records from aphrodisiac concorsion, give them money and let them enter the bush

It's painful bro... Very painful.
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:18pm On May 05, 2020
efe2luv:

Some people will hammer with this issue...1000 dollar....and even those who recovered without drugs will have 1000 dollars recorded against their names... Little wonder the rate keeps going up and one governor says people are scouting for patients within his state to pay to declare positive for the vitus
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by ignis: 9:18pm On May 05, 2020
Offpoint:

Buy from where? This is a trial drugs not accessible to any hospital and pharmacy... Only government have access to it.

Better
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by knowhowk: 9:20pm On May 05, 2020
GamalNasser:

Sharap there !!!! Chloroquine and Artemisinin are 100 percent proven against COVID
. Right ...
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by hhmmcj: 9:24pm On May 05, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Any proof.

Am just wondering why AU cannot carry out a proper rest of the herbs. It needs to be tested on thousands of people and proven to be effective b4 we can boldly say it's a cure.
So the patients recovering from the herbal drink aren't humans abi? Why does God have to come himself to convince a Black man to accept himself as God to his kind but you have never questioned or dare to ask the type of chemicals are injected into you and your children in the name of vaccine as long as it has a WHITE label/logo besides it. What is there to loose to try a herbal medicine even if you dont believe? You can't be overdosed by it and no side effect but compared to any other orthodox medication.

SELF-HATE is our problem as a race. Liberate and emancipate your mind my black African Brother!!!

Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by fapcrook(m): 9:31pm On May 05, 2020
Chosen1984:

It's a Divine cure!
Show us the picture of the leaf
Re: Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire by olamirey(f): 9:34pm On May 05, 2020
They don't want to, they are after making money from the pandemic. God will save us in this country author=Itisallright post=89226196]Why can't he tell us the effective of the drug? They always do copy copy with abroad... can't we look around us for solution instead of copy copy

Just tired of this coro stuff abeg.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Harmattan In February: Nigerians React / Some Effective Ways To Treat Pimples Naturally / 10-Year-Old Zimbabwean Eats Sex Sweets, Suffers ‘Everlasting’ Erection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.