Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

All Girls And Husband's Anger. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / All Girls And Husband's Anger. (5483 Views)

Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband / How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? / 60-year-old Woman And Husband Welcome First Baby After 36 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 9:21pm On May 05, 2020
Am happily married with two girls. My husband is very simple and understanding. He is playful and loving father. I have been in peace with my husband all along.

Due to our financial stand, we anchored to stop at the two. Though, I got pregnant again for our third which was not planned.

The scan result revealed a girl child. And since then, my husband's mood has changed, not because is the third child but a girl. This is a man that always assist me in the home on daily bases with joy. But now things are no longer the same, he has changed drastically. He frequently gets angry with me and the children. My husband always says to me "why not a boy".

This has been a burden on me and am due for delivery soon.

Please advice me on how to cope with his new attitude.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by obiekunie2: 9:32pm On May 05, 2020
sysengr:

if we will tell ourselves the truth, we all know its not easy to have three baby girls at home - especially for an African man.

it weakens a man's ego. It makes him feel inferior among his fellow men.

you should av done your best to keep it at two instead of giving him 3 girls.

just hope it doesn't push him to go look for a baby boy outside.

hope for the best sha! pray he gets over it.
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 05, 2020
Igbo man,no doubt

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by bukatyne(f): 9:39pm On May 05, 2020
sysengr:
Am happily married with two girls. My husband is very simple and understanding. He is playful and loving father. I have been in peace with my husband all along.

Due to our financial stand, we anchored to stop at the two. Though, I got pregnant again for our third which was not planned.

The scan result revealed a girl child. And since then, my husband's mood has changed, not because is the third child but a girl. This is a man that always assist me in the home on daily bases with joy. But now things are no longer the same, he has changed drastically. He frequently gets angry with me and the children. My husband always says to me "why not a boy".

This has been a burden on me and am due for delivery soon.

Please advice me on how to cope with his new attitude.

Thanks.

I don't understand this post.

Your husband was fine with two girls.

An additional baby (girl) came and he is sad that he has changed at home.

Wasn't he content with two girls? What difference does the third make?

Or is his pain the fact that your finances would be stretched and he is not getting his male child?

Engage him on a tete a tete and make him see reason that it is God that gives children and all your children will be blessed and great whether male or female.

Point out late Dora Akunyili, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Folorunsho Alakija, Ibunkun Awosika etc etc that have done great things and are still doing great things.

Children are like blank canvas, it is what you write/code you get.

Sorry for the pressure on you, sorry to him for the sacrifice he has to go through while not getting his baby boy.

Goodluck.

12 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:39pm On May 05, 2020
remind your husband that the sex of a child is decided by the man's sperm...so if it is indeed a girl again, then he is the reason for it (nothing to do with you)... furthermore, i do understand why having another girl would upset him, but pls be kind to remind him that A) if you dont want another kid then you guys should use some form of contraception and B) whether boy or girl, so long as children are healthy, they are a blessing!

seems, hubby would gladly accept a third child if it was a boy....

21 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by donbachi(m): 9:41pm On May 05, 2020
Dont blame him much,its normal..just dat,he is a membe of African Club Of Ahamefula(make my name no lost)...make him also believe sey na wetin him put dey come out..and female children do change the histories of their families.e.g,wife of the president,governors wives,senators and ministers wives..no be only male children dey always make am in life.

3 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Cuddlebugie(f): 9:41pm On May 05, 2020
obiekunie2:

Instead of giving him three girls?
Pray, tell, how is that the woman's fault? undecided undecided

35 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:

Or is his pain the fact that your finances would be stretched and he is not getting his male child?

Engage him on a tete a tete and make him see reason that it is God that gives children and all your children will be blessed and great whether male or female.

Point out late Dora Akunyili, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Folorunsho Alakija, Ibunkun Awosika etc etc that have done great things and are still doing great things.

Sorry for the pressure on you, sorry to him for the sacrifice he has to go through while not getting his baby boy.

Goodluck.
You are on point but an Igbo man will not understand and see reasons why a girl child is equally as important as a male child.

3 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by faithfull18(f): 9:53pm On May 05, 2020
He should be able that in few years time, he would be receiving a whole lot of yams, oil etc as bride price grin
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by ahnie: 9:55pm On May 05, 2020
Input and output...

3 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Kamani8: 9:58pm On May 05, 2020
obiekunie2:

if we will tell ourselves the truth, we all know its not easy to have three baby girls at home - especially for an African man.

Op stay away from talks like this. U don't need blames not this time, not ever.

As per your hubby's attitude;
Ignore him and pay him no mind, that's the best way. Please don't try to appease him over your inability to birth a son. Never ever accept it as your fault cos its not.Thats the mistake ladies make.

Find something doing, raise your sweet baby, and move all the way on.

If he likes let him get a baby boy outside, not your business. You'll at least be alive to raise your daughters.

That's how my neighbour killed herself trying to birth a 5th child(boy) because of her husband.
In the end, she and the baby died during labour and while she was still at the morgue, the man was busy at unilag with slayqueens.

Ladies it's time some of u borrow sense. I hate nonsense

27 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Ningen(m): 10:04pm On May 05, 2020
obiekunie2:

If we will tell ourselves the truth, we all know its not easy to have three baby girls at home - especially for an African man.

It weakens a man's ego. It makes him feel inferior among his fellow men.

What do you mean by it's not easy?
Boy or girl, it is not the same parental sacrifice?

Talking about ego, I understand that. But I strongly disagree about the inferiority complex.

She should have done her best by changing the genetic make-up of her husband's sperm?? undecided

As if he's doing her a favour by staying faithful.

Pathetic.

This should have been your only comment!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 11:55pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:

Goodluck.
Thanks
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 12:02am On May 06, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
remind your husband that the sex of a child is decided by the man's sperm...so if it is indeed a girl again, then he is the reason for it (nothing to do with you)... furthermore, i do understand why having another girl would upset him, but pls be kind to remind him that A) if you dont want another kid then you guys should use some form of contraception and B) whether boy or girl, so long as children are healthy, they are a blessing!

seems, hubby would gladly accept a third child if it was a boy....
Thanks.

Yes, he thought this child would be a boy. When I found out I was pregnant for the third, we were both angry and confused but he got over it hoping it will be a boy and last child.
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 12:04am On May 06, 2020
donbachi:
Dont blame him much,its normal..just dat,he is a membe of African Club Of Ahamefula(make my name no lost)...make him also believe sey na wetin him put dey come out..and female children do change the histories of their families.e.g,wife of the president,governors wives,senators and ministers wives..no be only male children dey always make am in life.
Abi oo. Thanks
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 12:06am On May 06, 2020
Rozz:
Igbo man,no doubt
smiley Hmmm

1 Like

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:10am On May 06, 2020
sysengr:

Thanks.

Yes, he thought this child would be a boy. When I found out I was pregnant for the third, we were both angry and confused but he got over it hoping it will be a boy and last child.

you guys need to sit down and think this thing through MATURELY, because if you continue in such manner, you may end up with 10 daughters (while still hoping for a son)....

contraception is your only way forward.
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 12:11am On May 06, 2020
Kamani8:

Op stay away from talks like this. U don't need blames not this time, not ever.

As per your hubby's attitude;
Ignore him.That's the best way. Please don't try to appease him over your inability to birth a boy. Never ever accept it as your fault. Thats the mistake ladies make.

Find something doing, raise your sweet baby, and move all the way on.

If he likes let him get a baby boy outside, not your business. You'll at least be alive to raise your daughters.

That's how my neighbour killed herself trying to birth a 5th child(boy) because of her husband.
In the end, she and the baby died during labour and while she was still at the morgue, the man was busy at unilag with slayqueens.

Ladies it's time some of u borrow sense. I hate nonsense
Hmmm. Thanks so much for this encouragement.

RIP to the woman and son, what a painful loss. I pray God provides help for the children she left behind.
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by johnkey: 4:25am On May 06, 2020
With the way our girls are shameless now, one would understand the poor man's plight. What a shame
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Dande55: 4:32am On May 06, 2020
johnkey:
With the way our girls are shameless now, one would understand the poor man's plight. What a shame
And the men constantly killing, raping and stealing from the society are What? You lots will leave the greater problem entangling your gender to come say rubbish about females.
Rubbish.

25 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Kamani8: 4:38am On May 06, 2020
sysengr:

Hmmm. Thanks so much for this encouragement.

RIP to the woman and son, what a painful loss. I pray God provides help for the children she left behind.
Na de children condition pain me pass. I shed tears the day i saw them. I barely recognized them. The once tampered ajes were playing barefooted on the street with other kids and looking so malnourished. They were even the ones that recognized and ran to me. U can't imagine my pain. The man kuku no care about baby girls. Long story my dear.

Please be wise

4 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by ecolime(m): 5:49am On May 06, 2020
johnkey:
Probably the girls around you. What's the shame in having female children? We Africans ehn.

5 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Yustash001(m): 6:35am On May 06, 2020
He's desperate on having a male child..
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Pavore9: 6:41am On May 06, 2020
johnkey:

Are those girls not sisters to the boys, if your family raised shameless girls, don't think it is so for every family. How children turn out to become is hugely dependent on parenting and family dynamics. Boys who turn out to become armed robbers, thugs, kidnappers, assassins, ritualists, fraudsters etc , I guess in your little mind are better off than those "shameless girls".

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by xrayj(m): 6:53am On May 06, 2020
bukatyne:

Yes!
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by xrayj(m): 7:03am On May 06, 2020
bukatyne:

U women don't get it!
Dora Akunyili status in the society doesn't make her a man. A male child is different from female. A man wanting a male child isn't necessarily after that male child becoming rich or big in the society tomorrow, but he just want a male child to fill that empty part of his life. U think men who are after male children don't know the likes of dora & ngozi? Forget what u people hear, every man feels that emptiness without a male child, every man wish for it! As a woman, u will never understand this. @op give him time, he will come over it.

5 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by xrayj(m): 7:09am On May 06, 2020
Rozz:
You are on point but an Igbo man will not understand and see reasons why a girl child is equally as important as a male child.
It got nothing to do with Igbo!
A female child is as important as a male child, but they are different! There are certain things a father can do with a son, but not with a female child. Every man wish for a son, but u will never understand as a woman.

2 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by cococandy(f): 7:22am On May 06, 2020
Bet he wouldn’t be crying if it was a third son.

People pretend like malignant misogyny isn’t a bane of everyday life in this society but it is. Whatever encourages the belittling of the feminine gender is part of the culprit and needs to be moved back into the past so we can progress like a civilized society that we are supposed to be.

Including but not limited to pressuring people to favor male children.

Personal Preference is not the same thing.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 7:54am On May 06, 2020
obiekunie2:

On top of everything she has to worry about his ego too? And how he looks with his friends?

As a mother of all girls I find this post very very offensive.

People tell me that I'm 'lucky' that my husband is not 'disturbing' me . . And talk like that truly leave me speechless. As in, I don't even know how to put my indignation into words.

@ Poster, I can't tell you how to feel about your child. I wish I understood what the fuss is all about, I really do. But all I can say is to NEVER let any one bring you down, husband or not. You only bring out what he put in you so if anyone should be angry it should be you.

I was also dissapointed whenever I found out I was having a girl again, but when I met my baby it all dissapered. The truth is that the love you have for your child is unconstitutional and not dependent on their gender. Most times, the negative feelings come from what we think people will say, and how the 'family name' may be lost without a boy child. So are you going yo let others dictate to you how to feel about your own child? Are you going to pressure yourseld over unreasonable expectations?

I suggest you call your husband to order and let him know how utterly foolish his actions are. Also, those children he is turning his back now may end up being his saviors tomorrow. Karmar can be funny like that.

12 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by bukatyne(f): 8:07am On May 06, 2020
xrayj:

U women don't get it!
Dora Akunyili status in the society doesn't make her a man. A male child is different from female. A man wanting a male child isn't necessarily after that male child becoming rich or big in the society tomorrow, but he just want a male child to fill that empty part of his life. U think men who are after male children don't know the likes of dora & ngozi? Forget what u people hear, every man feels that emptiness without a male child, every man wish for it! As a woman, u will never understand this. @op give him time, he will come over it.

I haven't said a male child isn't different from a female child even though they are equally important.

Yes, there are some things he wants to do with a male child that he can't or won't be same with a female child. Just how as a lady, I can't imagine having only male kids.

However, he has no male child and if they decide not to have kids again would not.

So why doesn't he focus on what he has?

In future, his SIL can provide that company for him.

3 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 8:09am On May 06, 2020
xrayj:

U women don't get it!

Do you think women with girls don't also want boys? I mean if we all could choose I bet we will all go for both gender. But that's the thing, it's not usually up to us to decide. So why make someone feel guilty about something that is out of their control?

Of course men want sons more so they can parade them as their heirs and somehow satisfy some kind of patriarchal need. Women probably don't really care that much, because all they need is a child to nurture, not some heir.

The fact that women will always be seen as second class citizens next to men doesn't always make it easy. No matter how accomplished a woman is, it somehow doesn't matter so much because she is not a man. That's why, despite their deep racism, US will prefer a male President than a female one, even of he is black or crazy. But we have seen that women who make it to leadership positions often do better than their male counterparts, but that doesn't even matter too. The idea that a woman is in charge is often emasculating for you men, so you never want to see that happen.

So bottom line is that men want sons to feed their ego, nothing more. And honestly, if a man needs a son to make himself feel good, then he wasn't really much of a man to begin with.

I mean you say you are a man and therefore 'superior', yet all it takes for you to have an identity crisis is the gender of your infant child. So your entire superiority is reliant on your newborn Isn't that a litte sad?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by xrayj(m): 8:23am On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Do you think women with girls don't also want boys? I mean if we all could choose I bet we will all go for both gender. But that's the thing, it's not usually up to us to decide. So why make someone feel guilty about something that is out of their control?

Of course men want sons more so they can parade them as their heirs and somehow satisfy some kind of patriarchal need. Women probably don't really care that much, because all they need is a child to nurture, not some heir.

The fact that women will always be seen as second class citizens next to men doesn't always make it easy. No matter how accomplished a woman is, it somehow doesn't matter so much because she is not a man. That's why, despite their deep racism, US will prefer a male President than a female one, even of he is black or crazy. But we have seen that women who make it to leadership positions often do better than their male counterparts, but that doesn't even matter too. The idea that a woman is in charge is often emasculating for you men, so you never want to see that happen.

So bottom line is that men want sons to feed their ego, nothing more. And honestly, if a man needs a son to make himself feel good, then he wasn't really much of a man to begin with.
@ first bold We all understand it is in no one's power to decide the gender of a child, I can't remember faulting anyone.

@ second bold it is not true & u know it.
We have constantly seen how women are holding vital positions in the world today & are respected.
Just tell me one thing a man can do today & a woman is not allowed to do all over the world?

@ third bold it is also not true.
Are u indirectly saying people who don't have children want children to feed their ego? Firstly, a child is a child regardless of gender, Seeking a balance got nothing to do with ego.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

... / Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. / Finally Stopped Breastfeeding Him. Yayy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.