Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Ondo Govt Arrest, Deports 20 Almajiris Who Sneaked Into State By Hiding In Truck - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Govt Arrest, Deports 20 Almajiris Who Sneaked Into State By Hiding In Truck (418 Views)

Debts: Borrowing Will Land Nigeria Into State Of Bankruptcy – Pastor Adeboye / How Social Media Was Used To Expose Boko Haram Suspects Who Sneaked Into Kano / Ondo Govt. Partners With MAX OKADA, Launches 'Sunshine Safe Bike' (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Govt Arrest, Deports 20 Almajiris Who Sneaked Into State By Hiding In Truck by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:29pm On May 05, 2020
COVID-19: Ondo State Government Arrests, Deports 20 Almajiris Who Sneaked Into State By Hiding In Cement Truck
SaharaReporters learnt that the almajiris got into Ondo by hiding inside a trailer carrying cement into the state.
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK MAY 05, 2020

At least 20 almajiris from the Northern part of the country, who sneaked into Ondo State, were arrested on Tuesday.

SaharaReporters learnt that the almajiris got into Ondo by hiding inside a trailer carrying cement into the state.

A man suspected to have been leading the almajiris, Mr Umar Garuba, said the sum of N15,000 was paid to the driver, who brought them to Akure, the state capital.

He said about 25 of the almajiri were being transported to Ondo town before they were caught.

"I was going to keep them (the almajiris) in Ondo town to settle down there while I travelled back to Sokoto when they caught us here," he said.

Mr Jimoh Dojumo, Special Assistant to Governor Rotimi Akeredolu on Security Matters, while speaking with journalists on the development, decried the influx of the almajiris into the state from the North.

He said, "We don’t even know if this is their final destination anyway but the fact remains that we have been able to check them here and we are returning them back.

"Mr governor directed that they should be returned to where they were coming from.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/05/covid-19-ondo-government-arrests-deports-20-almajiris-who-sneaked-state-hiding-cement

1 Share

Re: Ondo Govt Arrest, Deports 20 Almajiris Who Sneaked Into State By Hiding In Truck by Makavelli25: 9:34pm On May 05, 2020
Send them back
During elections they are important But during coro they are emphatically USELESS
ps check my signature
Re: Ondo Govt Arrest, Deports 20 Almajiris Who Sneaked Into State By Hiding In Truck by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:57pm On May 07, 2020
Makavelli25:
Send them back

During elections they are important
But during coro they are emphatically USELESS

ps check my signature

I wonder what they use them for during the elections? undecided
Re: Ondo Govt Arrest, Deports 20 Almajiris Who Sneaked Into State By Hiding In Truck by Makavelli25: 10:00pm On May 07, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

I wonder what they use them for during the elections? undecided
the vote ni
Re: Ondo Govt Arrest, Deports 20 Almajiris Who Sneaked Into State By Hiding In Truck by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 07, 2020
Al majiri is a shame to the north not a pride.
Re: Ondo Govt Arrest, Deports 20 Almajiris Who Sneaked Into State By Hiding In Truck by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2020
Makavelli25:

the vote ni

That is child abuse. lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Nigeria’s Total COVID-19 Infections Now 4,151 - Ekomiami.com.ng / Biafra: Latest World Biafra News Online Update Today Tuesday May 12 2020 / Presidential Air Fleet Commander Under Jonathan Forfeits N510 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.