Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot (20466 Views)

IBB @80: Governor Abubakar Sani Bello Describes Him As A Patriot And Nationalist / I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) / Boko Haram: Why I Haven’t Criticised Buhari Despite Borno’s Worsening Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:42pm On May 05, 2020
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd.) , has praised the late President Umaru Yar’ Adua’ s patriotism.
Buhari , who admitted on Tuesday that he had political differences with the deceased , still acknowledged his patriotism, saying that Yar’ Adua had a passion for the masses .
Buhari also noted that his late Katsina political rival reversed policies he believed hurt the interest of Nigerians when he became the President in 2007 .
Buhari spoke his mind in a tribute in honour of Yar’Adua during the 10th anniversary of his death .
The President stated , “ Despite our political differences , President Yar’ Adua was unarguably a patriot because of his passion for the masses and his reversal of policies he believed were hurting ordinary Nigerians.

“ Every leader should be given the credit that he deserves, whether you agree with President Yar’ Adua politically or not , I must say that history will always record his honest and sincere service to the country.
“ As we remember President Yar’ Adua today , let us emulate his patience and gentle nature so that we don ’t introduce toxicity into our politics where opponents perceive each other as enemies.
“ Let me also use this occasion to extend my prayers and goodwill to his family, and Katsina State Government on the 10th anniversary of his demise . May Allah continue to bless and comfort his gentle soul. ’’
Yar’ Adua was governor of Katsina state from 1999 to 2007.
He succeeded former President Olusegun Obasanjo as President in 2007.
Buhari had contested that year’ s presidential poll against Yar ’Adua and lost .
Yar’ Adua died in office in 2010, paving the way for his then second- in -command , Goodluck Jonathan, to assume the saddle.
Buhari later defeated Jonathan during the 2015 presidential poll to succeed the Otuoke Zoologist.

source: https://punchng.com/despite-our-differences-yaradua-was-a-patriot-says-buhari/

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:44pm On May 05, 2020
Ok, we hear

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Ekakamba: 11:46pm On May 05, 2020
What he said:
The President stated , “ Despite our political differences , President Yar’ Adua was unarguably a patriot because of his passion for the masses and his reversal of policies he believed were hurting ordinary Nigerians.

What he was supposed to say:
The President stated , “ Despite our political differences , President Yar’ Adua was unarguably a patriot like me because of our passion for the masses and our reversal of policies we believed were hurting ordinary Nigerians.

If you know, you sabi. grin tongue

45 Likes

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by BeerParlour: 11:52pm On May 05, 2020
Some Fulani people like El-Rufai mocked and celebrated Yar'Adua's death because Yar'Adua was not a Fulani supremacist

94 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by IME1: 12:09am On May 06, 2020
May he rest in peace

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Mysticwebb: 12:17am On May 06, 2020
I know Bubu doesn't even know that all these have been said in his name.
He is sleeping and bed wetting, oblivious to what is happening around him due to lost of coordination both in speech and renal functions.
A live press conference will show he can't even pronounce his guy name "Bubu" let alone saying all these things stated here. Na for dream?

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by SouthNigerian: 12:19am On May 06, 2020
Buhari tribute get as hin be. Was he suggesting he's an opposite of who the late Yar'adua was?

17 Likes

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Metobime(m): 12:48am On May 06, 2020
Better tin no dey last
Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by AerialMapper: 5:25am On May 06, 2020
Unfortunately, nobody will say same of you when you are gone.

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by TheBusinessHub: 5:25am On May 06, 2020
Yar Adua. Just like yesterday. A very calm man

Meanwhile, if you're interested in a work from home opportunity, check the threads on this handle

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Juanmike(m): 5:25am On May 06, 2020
Our Darling Dady has uttered.
Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Hoephase: 5:25am On May 06, 2020
This is the only truth that has come out of this administration since Buhari took over office in 2015.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by jericco1(m): 5:25am On May 06, 2020
Buhari that is brain-dead wouldn't remember a thing about Yar Adua. I bet it will be that junkie he calls media aide that will concoct such.. the late president Yar Adua was the best thing to have ever happened to Nigeria; only God knows if truly he died of pericarditis. RIP sir!

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by pahoehoe: 5:25am On May 06, 2020
I cannot believe that Buhari said this. Meanwhile, I am certain that you would like to be making millions of naira from the Ibeju Lekki plots of land. Click on the links on my signature for details.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:25am On May 06, 2020
What differences
You like blood, Yaradua hates it. What sort of stupid difference is that

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Movicq(m): 5:26am On May 06, 2020
Weytin i go type now ehhh

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Successmind(m): 5:26am On May 06, 2020
We know...
Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Banmeallday: 5:26am On May 06, 2020
When and where did Buhari state this........fools

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Ernerstdavid55(m): 5:26am On May 06, 2020
grin
Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by mosho2good: 5:26am On May 06, 2020
*If your neighbour's chickens* �� *are not observing Social Distance, and are straying from their yard into your yard, Sanitize them using Hot* � water�, *Quarantine them in your fridge, Isolate them in your pot and make sure that they are Locked Down in your stomach.*

STAY SAFE!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by karzyharsky(m): 5:26am On May 06, 2020
Hmmm good leader
Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Nobody: 5:27am On May 06, 2020
i was a huge buhari supporter but what we have in that rock is not the same buhari of "I'm for nobody but for everybody". something went wrong along the line

6 Likes

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Nobody: 5:28am On May 06, 2020
Abeg shift
Fck you and your differences
If naija was not a useless country, the closest you would have gone to aso rock would have been gateman, a joke of a president that sees addressing Nigerians as a favor and not a necessity a clown whose cabinet now feels bigger than Nigerians and yap mouth anyhow. Your own legacy will be known for hardship and selling Nigeria to IMF and mind boggling debts and corruption

You will never get the respect and love he got in this country even if you rule it for 1 million years, he was a real leader that made people friendly policies and lived a real corruption free life and not the scam one you parade claiming anti corruption while top govt officials and your family mop up billions and live a celeb lifestyle

Meat deh talk , periwinkle dey follow put mouth.
Shift joor,
how many of your campaign promises have you fulfilled?
NIGERIA was better in 2015 than it is today l.

You will never be one tenth of who Yar Adua was,

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by irepnaija4eva(m): 5:28am On May 06, 2020
He was on track to be the best president ever..
Everybody loved him, An honest man, A man with genuine love for the unity of this country irrespective of tribe and religious backgrounds. cry

Unlike that nepolistic tribal bigot up there.. angry angry

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by estyvino(m): 5:29am On May 06, 2020
If i must interject, i stand to confabulate that Yar-adua meant well for Nigerians

Unlike this military government we have now, it's synonymous with that of Abacha

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:30am On May 06, 2020
Yar Adua was a good man
May Allah have mercy on him wherever he is

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by EdiskyHarry: 5:30am On May 06, 2020
Yaradua was not like most politicians, who are always thinking about money and the next election, but he was a visionary leader, who was thinking about the people and the next generation. May his soul rest in peace, I'll continue to love him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Obidon1(m): 5:30am On May 06, 2020
Yar-adua a man of peace

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Effico5real(m): 5:30am On May 06, 2020
You calling our own dear president Goodluck Jonathan otouke zoologist..

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by MISTAICEY02288(m): 5:31am On May 06, 2020
Yes he was a true patriot and everyone knows that. He still remains the best democratic President Nigeria has ever had unlike you Bubu the Mumu. The number one enemy of State and Nation as a whole.. At least, Yar'Adua get sense pass you and was more compassionate too.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Yankee101: 5:31am On May 06, 2020
Why talk of differences?
Re: Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot by Temitope223(m): 5:31am On May 06, 2020
Old Facebook account available in bulk check my signature to contact me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Sack Of Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers In Order — Lawyers / David Greene Visits Kashim Shettima (Photos) / UPDATE: 3 Arrested Over Gombe Motor Park Bomb Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.