Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months (68783 Views)

Do You Know Buhari Jailed Professor Banji Akintoye? / Buhari Jailed Isa Funtua In 1983 – Sowore Replies Presidency, Makes Revelation / 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Go5DY(m): 11:53am On May 06, 2020
Life changing opportunity await you, its for only those who can take risk and smile tomorrow when others are crying.
If your interested in sport betting contact me on whatsApp 08052486309..
Try new things and you won't regret trying..
I don't beg anybody to join if you like join if you like don't join good luck
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by ATAKAM: 11:58am On May 06, 2020
government of bitterness GOD FORBID...

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by FuerzA: 11:58am On May 06, 2020
Absan86:
[s][/s]Nepotism, tribalism and sentiment rule this forum, if not how can a sane person call this judgement abuse of constitutional freedom, ordinary me can follow up when you intentionally insult and defame me talk more of a sitting president, sentiment wins some people sense of reasoning. This judgement is better than jungle justice at least.... God have mercy on the Nigeria YOUTH, we are doom!!!

Who are the pioneers of these things?

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by melbergalex25: 12:06pm On May 06, 2020
Dead buhari
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Abuskid: 12:10pm On May 06, 2020
Being a Nigerian from north side, does not mean i should support all sort of tyrannical judgment from Buhari's administration. Even though we chanted (said Baba!)then ,we totally disagreed with this undemocratic judgement .

Habaa! Buhari tsoho mai shekara saba'in ,kabarshi da talaucin da me damunsa mansa.

Meaning:
Oh! Buhuri ,an elderly person in his 70s, just leave him with his poverty is enough.

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Bestbeelieve: 12:17pm On May 06, 2020
i have not a fk to give to those who supported him! Buhari is still a dunce!

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Myself2(m): 12:17pm On May 06, 2020
jakD:
On top wetin?

If Buhari was Trump that received the middle finger from that lady that time, that lady might have been killed on that spot or eventually sentenced to death by cutting her hands and body parts.
Jonathan received much more, nothing happened to anyone!

All the idiots, the he goats and she goats that shouted sai baba and voted for this apology, where are they now
I know some of them are here on nairaland but they have completely buried their faces in shame

2 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by kaludestiny10(m): 12:17pm On May 06, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:

My brother you will be surprised. Just give out 5000naira on the day if the election and have a buffet table filled with free for all all you can eat and drink,that is how Nigerians sell their votes on election Day.
You are right sha, because I can remember vividly what I encountered in 2015 general election in my polling unit in Edo state. I almost lost my life that day because I insisted on the right thing been done. The electorates sold their mandates for as little as 1,000. Even the security offices abandoned me to my faith.
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by ProudBiafran: 12:20pm On May 06, 2020
Northern Almajiri enjoying what he voted for.
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by mozona(m): 12:25pm On May 06, 2020
how many people did goodluck jail for insulting him

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Onucs(m): 12:40pm On May 06, 2020
Na wa oo... is that how they use to do?
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Futurejoy(f): 12:58pm On May 06, 2020
jakD:
On top wetin?

If Buhari was Trump that received the middle finger from that lady that time, that lady might have been killed on that spot or eventually sentenced to death by cutting her hands and body parts.
This is the same thing I said few days ago

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Futurejoy(f): 12:59pm On May 06, 2020
nero2face:
nice judgement from the court, imprison them all...u can only reap from what u sow... no pity for u all

modified... for those quoting me, u can't sow yam and reap cocoyam, he voted Buhari and today he's imprisoned for insulting Buhari, u all quoting me will share same faith with the old man...
grin.
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by stieyven(m): 1:00pm On May 06, 2020
NextD18:
A gullible Northerner is being punished by a Northern Dullard he voted and supported.

I don't care. They must all suffer it.
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Hahjascho(m): 1:00pm On May 06, 2020
Who civil rights without integrity help?.. undecided
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Ibechris2: 1:01pm On May 06, 2020
Let him serve his sentence...na all of them keep this country like this. Am very sure he voted Buhari so let him share in the suffering.

Jonathan no good yes we accept,but how far with Buhari wey nice?
Somebody gave us freedom in this country and yet we never appreciate it,but we were abusing him and cursing only to vote in a fanatic,a devil and a gross incompetent man and today, both freedom and human rights have been emasculated by his govt.

Now,if u talk na arrest straight.

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by otipoju(m): 1:07pm On May 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Nice one

No matter what you don't say shit about your president

Will you keep kwayet?

2 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 06, 2020
kaludestiny10:

You are right sha, because I can remember vividly what I encountered in 2015 general election in my polling unit in Edo state. I almost lost my life that day because I insisted on the right thing been done. The electorates sold their mandates for as little as 1,000. Even the security offices abandoned me to my faith.

Truely shocking. It is wide spread. How long does 1000naire or 5000naira last for? Not even 1 day yet these Nigerians are willing to sell their votes for 4 years of a tyrannical government that despises it's citizens. What a shame. Will Nigerians open their eyes? I doubt it, it will be the same in 2023.
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by TruthinAction: 1:29pm On May 06, 2020
Which of the Buhari? And what was the insult. He will be impeached before the end of this year. Even the northerners are tired.
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by COMPAQ(m): 1:44pm On May 06, 2020
jakD:
On top wetin?

Not sure you are aware, but that lady was fired from her job and struggled to get another one. Not sure how she ended up though
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by MoIbrahim: 1:54pm On May 06, 2020
Why do you people think and act like some cold-blooded stereotyping bigots? Do you know who he voted between Atiku and Buhari? Dis Atiku get 0% votes in Katsina and 100% in your village or hamlet?

Juliusmalema:
That's good though released but he has received his dividends of democracy.

What were they thinking when they were all shouting sai baba...Sai buhari?

They thought it will be rosy?

In 1984 it wasn't rosy under buhari, how can it be rosy under him in 2020?

Buhari is a modern day disaster to have happened to the history of mankind........same way Nigeria is a crime against humanity.
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by kaludestiny10(m): 2:00pm On May 06, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:

Truely shocking. It is wide spread. How long does 1000naire or 5000naira last for? Not even 1 day yet these Nigerians are willing to sell their votes for 4 years of a tyrannical government that despises it's citizens. What a shame. Will Nigerians open their eyes? I doubt it, it will be the same in 2023.
Poverty of the mind, is the main reason why most Nigerians, sell their votes on election days.

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by jayaim: 2:04pm On May 06, 2020
This is what voting by sentiment leads to. The north will never learn their lesson. When headsman were killing in the middle belt most of them kept quite. There is a proverb which states that if ur neighbor is carrying thier kindred cops to bury it will look like log of wood to u, until u experience it

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by sweetjohn(m): 2:06pm On May 06, 2020
This is what happens when the whole northern population voted a total illiterate as a president due to religion and ethnicity and the whole of south west voted just to please a single man, Tinubu, who always decieve them and never have their interest at heart

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by rhames(m): 2:20pm On May 06, 2020
Juliusmalema:
That's good though released but he has received his dividends of democracy.

What were they thinking when they were all shouting sai baba...Sai buhari?

They thought it will be rosy?

In 1984 it wasn't rosy under buhari, how can it be rosy under him in 2020?

Buhari is a modern day disaster to have happened to the history of mankind........same way Nigeria is a crime against humanity.

Bros so you be my mate? Was it throwing Fella Anikulapo Kuti in jail for currency trafficking while 53 suitcases belonging to his relatives passed through Murtala Mohammed Airport in 1984 unchecked. VP Atiku Abubakar was Comptroller of Customs who insisted they must be checked but he was immediately transferred to Kano for that affront.

Most Governors of North western states were under house arrest while Governors from other regions, including the vice president Dr. Alex Ekwueme, were thrown in prisons across the country for country and some even died of terminal illness in prisons.

The economy became battered that some parents had to withdraw their wards from school to learn work or trade while the government embarked on trade by barter.

So many businessmen selling essential commodities became penniless as a result of uncontrolled auctions by his government in the name of control price.

If the thought we forgot who he is, let's remind the current and Future generations that we have suffered under bad leadership by GMB in the past.

It's not new.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Yankee101: 2:21pm On May 06, 2020
Is this even legal?
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Bekool(m): 2:43pm On May 06, 2020

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Ishaquine(m): 3:01pm On May 06, 2020
seedorfg:
So someone can not express what is in his mind in peace.

I thought there's freedom of expression and speech.
It's like we're practicing Pharaoh law in Nigeria.
yh, and all freedom has it limits
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by IMAliyu(m): 3:03pm On May 06, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:

That is why I don't agree when people say the leaders are the problem.
Problem comes from the people themselves.
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by galaxy2020(m): 3:05pm On May 06, 2020
Ningen:

He lost his family members and his cows.
Now his freedom has been taken away...

This is nothing short of tyranny.
This confirms Buhari as a tyrant!

Edit: Him being freed via bail doesn't change the fact that the govt deemed to take his freedom as the price for 18 months.
...Those irredeemable ZOMBIES will not agree with you.

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by ofordegreat(m): 3:27pm On May 06, 2020
Faithful4real:

Source : http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/05/70-year-old-man-arrested-insulting-president-buhari-katsina-sentenced-18-months

In a society where someone swore an oath to protect lives and properties?

Where are the CSOs and CLOs?

I think it's time we pushed for constitution Amendment to drop immunity for the Governors. Because, it amounts to waiting for eternity to prosecute one who serves as Governor of a state and failed to perform the obligations S/he swore an oath to do.

I mean, you beat a child and force him not to cry?

It's time for people raise to the occasion.
Re: 70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months by Jamesbiodun(m): 3:29pm On May 06, 2020
You have freedom of speech but freedom after speech is not guaranteed, Nigeria is not a country, Satan punish the head and his cohort

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

King Charles And Ike Ekweremadu (Throwback Photo) / Abia State First Flyover In Limbo After 5 Years (Pictures) / Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.