Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal (8839 Views)

Now The Whole World Should Ask Yorubas What Happened? / 2023: Igbos Are Doing To Yorubas What The Fulani Did To Hausas / Adewale Giwa To Gani Adams: Resign If You Can’t Sacrifice Your Life For Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by 7lives: 7:30pm On May 08, 2020
Dedetwo:

Ndigbo fought all the military dictators in Nigeria from the grandfather of them all, Yakubu Gowon to unmentioned. While Ndigbo fought every one of the dictators, your forbearers were in lockstep with them. You simply cannot eat your cake and have it.

In this same Nigeria abi another one?, nothing wey man no go see for nairaland.
You need to find out why Igbo leaders were labelled AGIP.
Rada Rada.

2 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by 7lives: 7:31pm On May 08, 2020
yommen:

I googled it and realised that notwithstanding the noise of Ibos both in Nigeria and all over the world about Biafra, Ibos registered to be 46th member of UNPO after Yoruba with 45th membership. I have always said it that Igbos enjoy making empty noise than actually channeling their strength to a more meaningful way of achieving their set goals.

grin
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Osaze007: 7:33pm On May 08, 2020
yommen:

I googled it and realised that notwithstanding the noise of Ibos both in Nigeria and all over the world about Biafra, Ibos registered to be 46th member of UNPO after Yoruba with 45th membership. I have always said it that Igbos enjoy making empty noise than actually channeling their strength to a more meaningful way of achieving their set goals.

Loooooooooool
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by 7lives: 7:34pm On May 08, 2020
yommen:

What did ndigbo achieve even after all the fights?

The only time they fought was because of seniority tussle between Gowon and Ojukwu.
This is what led to the Biafra war.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Osaze007: 7:37pm On May 08, 2020
7lives:

The only time they fought was because of seniority tussle between Gowon and Ojukwu.
This is what led to the Biafra war.

See the rants of a loser
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Osaze007: 7:38pm On May 08, 2020
yommen:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/un-has-admitted-biafra-as-46th-member-of-unpo-uwazurike/amp/

Here’s a link
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 08, 2020
leokid866:

If I shot your leg constantly for three years and gave you some money during that period what would you spend your money on, we were denied the money because of a vindictive old man who threatened everyother state who dared him both Lagos stood her ground and we came out stronger, the state allocation where do you think the money would have been going when you already shot the LGS.....you obviously don't know how things run so sit your dumb illiterate ass down when others are talking. You might just learn something.

Lol. That IPOB brat is so dumb. The OBJ he idolized was the same man who undemocratically sought a third term in office as President. Of all the things a Nigerian President can try that is worst because it relegates Nigeria to a banana Republic where some Mugabe-type think they must rule forever.

We won't even go into OBJ's many, many examples of abuse of power that was not really different to Abacha-type disregard for human rights and even basic decency.

Just read the article below that chronicles the 1 to 49 wrongdoings of the monster called OBJ. You will know he back-stabbed, deliberately undermined and tried to sabotage every prominent Yoruba leader he felt would/could outshine him from Awolowo to Abiola, Tinubu, Fawehinmi and even the likes of Soyinka. OBJ specialized in trying to eliminate and treacherously destroy every great Yoruba so he appears the last worthy Yoruba standing unchallenged.

We all know only IPOBians worship worthless Yorubas (OBJ, FFK, Fayose, Saraki etal) while having a problem with Omoluabis like Awolowo, Tinubu, Osinbajo, Abiola, Soyinka, Fawehinmi etal.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/amp/movie/195128/why-wole-soyinka-is-quarrelling-with-olusegun-obasanjo.html

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by 7lives: 8:11pm On May 08, 2020
Oladeji245:

keep fooling yourself being bold and saying you know all yoruba will forget their difference to vote Tinubu...
someone whoose integrity is damaged beyond reputation..
when you finish fooling yourself let me know..
the easiest way for your party to loose is to present Tinubu..
your disgrace will start right from SW no matter the rigging.
even you yourself knows Tinubu is a damaged goods in SW..
orisirisii

Eni ti won ngbe iyawo bo wa ba to nga orun, 2023 is almost here.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Oladeji245(m): 8:43pm On May 08, 2020
7lives:

Eni ti won ngbe iyawo bo wa ba to nga orun, 2023 is almost here.
olorun o ni pa ikoo kaan ninuu waa
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Oladeji245(m): 8:49pm On May 08, 2020
Grayoso:

Lol. That IPOB brat is so dumb. The OBJ he idolized was the same man who undemocratically sought a third term in office as President. Of all the things a Nigerian President can try that is worst because it relegates Nigeria to a banana Republic where some Mugabe-type think they must rule forever.

We won't even go into OBJ's many, many examples of abuse of power that was not really different to Abacha-type disregard for human rights and even basic decency.

Just read the article below that chronicles the 1 to 49 wrongdoings of the monster called OBJ. You will know he back-stabbed, deliberately undermined and tried to sabotage every prominent Yoruba leader he felt would/could outshine him from Awolowo to Abiola, Tinubu, Fawehinmi and even the likes of Soyinka. OBJ specialized in trying to eliminate and treacherously destroy every great Yoruba so he appears the last worthy Yoruba standing unchallenged.

We all know only IPOBians worship worthless Yorubas (OBJ, FFK, Fayose, Saraki etal) while having a problem with Omoluabis like Awolowo, Tinubu, Osinbajo, Abiola, Soyinka, Fawehinmi etal.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/amp/movie/195128/why-wole-soyinka-is-quarrelling-with-olusegun-obasanjo.html
hahahaaa.....delusional oponu who now decide who is now now a worthy or worthless yoruba..
I thought omoluabis don't abuse other yoruba leaders..
didinrin.
they will not attack issues,na to dey bark like dog.
o'n jooo wereyy laraaa jeee
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Osaze007: 8:50pm On May 08, 2020
Oladeji245:

hahahaaa.....delusional oponu who now decide who is now now a worthy or worthless yoruba..
I thought omoluabis don't abuse other yoruba leaders..
didinrin.
they will not attack issues,na to dey bark like dog.
o'n jooo wereyy laraaa jeee

iPod member ptsd

2 Likes

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Oladeji245(m): 8:55pm On May 08, 2020
Osaze007:

iPod member ptsd
don't run away coward, adress my previous quote to u. ajaa ikejii ewuree
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Osaze007: 8:58pm On May 08, 2020
Oladeji245:

don't run away coward, adress my previous quote to u.
ajaa ikejii ewuree

Loooool yeeboo coward who papa Dey runway
Azikwe
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Oladeji245(m): 8:59pm On May 08, 2020
Osaze007:

Loooool yeeboo coward who papa Dey runway Azikwe
better ignored!
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Osaze007: 9:00pm On May 08, 2020
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by sweettinz20(m): 10:06pm On May 08, 2020
Osaze007:

Everytribe in Africa is like the Kurdish people except Botswana so your point is valid but not valid at the same time

Yorubas won’t secede on the advise of the Ibo man who’s only praying for your downfall
not on his advice the truth is he is going about these things wrongly trying to secede without making a plan and also burning bridges with neighbors thinking all would be okay. he is right about Nigeria dividing but he himself has no plans on how to make it happen he needs brilliant people, that's a mistake the yorubas won't make i wish there are yorubas ready to leave nigeria i would come out with a plan within a month
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Topsic70: 10:09pm On May 08, 2020
Oladeji245:

better ignored!
Lolz.....Chukunonso my yorrobar bloda, d joke's on u!
cheesy

1 Like

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Osaze007: 10:32pm On May 08, 2020
sweettinz20:
not on his advice the truth is he is going about these things wrongly trying to secede without making a plan and also burning bridges with neighbors thinking all would be okay. he is right about Nigeria dividing but he himself has no plans on how to make it happen he needs brilliant people, that's a mistake the yorubas won't make i wish there are yorubas ready to leave nigeria i would come out with a plan within a month

All tribes are divide across multiple countries it’s even worse for Hausas
So stop with the nonsense like the Kurds
Even ethnic Somalians are in Kenya
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by sweettinz20(m): 7:33pm On May 09, 2020
Osaze007:

All tribes are divide across multiple countries it’s even worse for Hausas
So stop with the nonsense like the Kurds
Even ethnic Somalians are in Kenya
tell me any of this countries is what you're trying ro compare to us bro this unity can't work here, we need to work our way out and it can only be achieved through restructuring and division
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by AfonjaConehead: 9:00am On May 10, 2020
Osaze007:

You can be part of the 5% that won’t support him the remaining 95% will

The 95% who are d ad without the 5%,shame

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Optional09: 9:17am On May 10, 2020
spinna:
Omoluabi as a concept is the long term goal of the Yoruba. To be a people of progress and dignity that can stand shoulder to shoulder and even above with other races and nations. Imagine Wakanda being real

Yoruba have tried to achieve this and have not really suceeded. However we can see that a little progress has been made.

Amotekun was the loudest sound Yoruba have made to show Nigeria that being excessively dragged back by Nigeria will be resisted.

In summary Yoruba want progress ..within Nigeria if possible..if not then without..and Yoruba will try to withdraw as painlessly as possible if it comes to that.

The above is the lofty goal of both the intellctual and averagely educated Yoruba. And even the dignified members of the peasant level..but many Yoruba have been brought to a very low level of mindset (backbiting, thuggery,ritualism,filthiness etc) which must be considered.

This concise summary addressed the perceived goal of the Yoruba people and this ”Yoruba have been brought to a very low level of mindset (backbiting, thuggery,ritualism,filthiness etc) which must be considered“ is a statement of fact.

The question now is do we have a set time frame for determining if we are to continue to try to pursue progress within Nigerian or withdraw?

What are the conditions set with time?
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Optional09: 9:25am On May 10, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
Long term goal is not secession or holding on to a failed union, long time goal is human and infrastructural development of our region, tell me any states that do everything in unison like Yoruba states, where’s there’s freedom to practice the religion you like, support any candidate you like, that’s our long term goal.

Our long term goal is to retain the industrial hub of the nation and the economic capital too, our long term goal is to connect all yoruba major cities together with a road like East - West line (USA), our long term goal is making Yorubaland peaceful so others can come to live and prosper and in turn increase our IGR, our long term goal is security of lives and property in our region, (creation of amotekun and very soon state policing) our long term goal is maintaining the best crop of lawyers in Nigeria Incase there’s a reason to secede, there won’t be bloodshed... If you study Yoruba history, you’ll know our thirst for liberty and progressiveness knows no bound, why our forefathers left ife to conquer territories

Maybe if IPOB study more bout the ANC and Mandela, they’ll know what’s call a struggle, how to liberate your people, sacrifice you’re to make, the type of government you want to run, your economic policy, Kanu hasn’t talked about that, just insulting... I wish they succeed with their secession quest, but Kanu is a distraction for their course, they won’t agree lol cheesy

I believe ndigbo have more prospects than kanu, go through history, secessionist leader doesn’t do act like him

I haven’t find that in biafra related post, just making mouth and beating chest

But if the Yoruba nation decides to secede this union one day, nothing on earth can stop it... you can check history

These are unrealistic goals when the Fulani has already taken hold of all your resources your children are not getting any education and the Fulani’s are now encroaching on your land to dictate how your region progress.
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 10:27am On May 10, 2020
Optional09:

These are unrealistic goals when the Fulani has already taken hold of all your resources your children are not getting any education and the Fulani’s are now encroaching on your land to dictate how your region progress.

Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn—and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.

Wishing you a great week
Re: For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal by Uchek(m): 7:42am On May 15, 2020
One of the best post.

jacksonkennedy:
What exactly is our national goal?

We know that Hausa/Fulanis want to keep Nigeria one and dominate it.
We know that Ibos want to divide Nigeria and go with the SS

What is our own unique goal?

We just registered our ethnic group in UNPO, which may suggest to other Nigerians that we want out of this union. Yet we are positioning for presidency in 2023.

It's good but I want to know what our people think should be our end game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Robbery Suspect Killed In Abuja, Stolen Vehicle Recovered / A.P.C Governor M.A Abubarkar Loses Primary Election. / Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.