Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,837 members, 7,802,680 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

How Has Your Church Helped Situations (fellow Christians) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Has Your Church Helped Situations (fellow Christians) (225 Views)

Fellow Christians! Stop Judging People Based On Their Appearance / When To Be Silent In 20 Situations / Antichristian Is Mentally Unbalanced Fellow, Christians Don't Argue With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Has Your Church Helped Situations (fellow Christians) by Chuknovski(m): 10:30am On May 06, 2020
good morning brothers & sisters in the lord

I am here with an issue today, with the wake of corona virus many Nigerians have been in locked down, in some states for about a month now, deprived of their wherewithal and means of livelihood.. the church which is the body of Christ as we all know is supposed to cater for needs of its members according to Scriptures Acts 4:34-35 as presumed we don't expect anyone to sell properties to feed others,
James 2:14-18(ESV)
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
1john3:17-18
But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
Mathew 25:37-40
Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Scriptures after Scriptures states facts on how we as Christians, pastors especially admonishing them to feed the flock Malachi 3:10 categorically stated this;
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house,
And try Me now in this,”
Says the Lord of hosts,
“If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing
That there will not be room enough to receive it.
so my question is where is the tithe and offerings
why are there poor and hungry Christians with rich Churches, (note that I worship in a big church of international capacity, but brethren even mudu of garri has not reached members from my investigations)
I may be wrong though but brethren feel free to state here if your church has supplied any of your need this period God bless you..

also note that the lord has been my helper, I have lacked nothing..God bless you.. Jesus is lord..

(1) (Reply)

When People Leave Your Life For No Reason It Is Because You Have Outgrown Them. / Who Is Afraid Of God? / Our Forefathers Were Neither CHRISTIANS Nor MUSLIM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.