Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah (52359 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG / Photos Of Burning Lagos Transport Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Swagavillage(m): 10:32am On May 06, 2020
So I set off to computer village from Lakowe today to do some work on my Pc, on getting to the bus stop today, after a long time home, it was business as usual, but 1 thing was unusual and unexpected.

The bus I boarded to Ajah was taking only 2 passengers per sit, I was impressed that our rickety busses were at least complying, the price was bumped up a bit (N150-N250), but for the 2 per sit, it was a little token no one should complain about for the sake of their safety.

Well, to think i saw it all already, I received a greater shock when I boarded the bus from Ajah-Ikeja, at the park, they were taking 2 per sit too, and 1 at the front, it may not mean anything to people from other parts of the country, but those in Lagos can understand, well, the park officials insisted you must have a nose mask to board the bus, and to top it all, they all asked us to come and wash our hands before boarding, they provided water and soap by the side and everyone must wash before boarding, as expected, the price was bumped from N500 to N800, but if you calculate, the drivers are actually making less than what they used to when they were taking full passengers.

Update - on our way, there was a baba who somehow tricked his way into the bus without a nose mask, while moving, the driver noticed and immediately stopped the car and asked the baba to either buy a nose mask, or alight, the baba had no choice than to buy.

I feel this is a commendable effort that should be appericiated, so I felt led to share.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Ezennwa(m): 10:33am On May 06, 2020
hmm!

That's a good development and commendable.

I hope others can learn and emulate them.

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Nobody: 11:11am On May 06, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by cremedelacreme: 11:12am On May 06, 2020
Lagos na wah!

1 Like

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by moscobabs(m): 11:12am On May 06, 2020
Commendable,NURTW in Lagos State are really trying, this is unbelievable. I entered from Ileepo to Oshodi today for #250, it used to be #200 before,3 passengers on a seat and only one in front.

When I calculated all the fare, I was even pitying the driver cos the total amount he got is lesser than what he gets on normal day. He gave all of us sanitizer bfre we board the bus.

Even the Agbero are help in curbing this virus ...this is the first time I respect Lagos NURTW .

This is the type of Lagos we prayed for.

164 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by brightology3: 11:12am On May 06, 2020
Ol

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Blessed1990: 11:12am On May 06, 2020
This is good.. Health is wealth

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Crownedjon: 11:12am On May 06, 2020
Nice

1 Like

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by eleojo23: 11:12am On May 06, 2020
It's for their own good.

If they don't comply and the number of cases increases exponentially, everyone will be locked indoors again.

The fear of lockdown should be the begining of wisdom since we no dey fear the virus again.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by ForeThinker: 11:12am On May 06, 2020

If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives.

Maybe there’s only a dark road up ahead.But you still have to believe and keep going. Believe that the stars will light your path, even a little bit.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Honeeydrooop(f): 11:12am On May 06, 2020
Am really happy with this news
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Sacchi1162(m): 11:12am On May 06, 2020
E shock me o
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by psychologist(m): 11:13am On May 06, 2020
Nevertheless na the commuters go feel the brunt
Because those drivers don't care, even if they are told to carry one person at a time, they will charge the one person the fee of the whole seats....

I think government needs to also look at that too

1 Like

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Nobody: 11:13am On May 06, 2020
Finally got the CORONAVIRUS SEEDS grin grin grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by wilemer: 11:13am On May 06, 2020
Swaagvillage:
Update - on our way, there was a baba who somehow tricked his way into the bus without a nose mask, while moving, the driver noticed and immediately stopped the car and asked the baba to either buy a nose mask, or alight, the baba had no choice than to buy.
I feel this is a commendable effort that should be appericiated, so I felt led to share......

this is the new normal
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Nicklaus619(m): 11:13am On May 06, 2020
Yesterday I entered a taxi, which was supposed to carry two at the back and one at the front, the driver was carrying 4 at the back and 1 at the front against directives, we warned him to reduce his passenger, but the guy wouldn't bulge, that was how he was making mouth that no body can stop him , he told us how he dealt with a soldier last week Friday shocked
Before he could finish making mouth, that was how we ran into checkpoint grin and the police asked everyone to alight, he was arrested and his vehicle impounded, that was how our commando driver began to cry and roll on the floor grin, I jejely completed my journey trecking, after all my destination was a stone throw. cheesy

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by princejury(m): 11:13am On May 06, 2020
That's commendable from the Lagos drivers. Kudos to them

3 Likes

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by lmm4real: 11:13am On May 06, 2020
undecided
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by edoairways: 11:13am On May 06, 2020
Waiting to see Agege and Oshodi's own

1 Like

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Joystark(f): 11:14am On May 06, 2020
This is quite impressive.

Now I'm tempted to go outside.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Msmhillie(f): 11:14am On May 06, 2020
X
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by baillers123: 11:14am On May 06, 2020
Yes, for safety, its impressive. But dont ever believe that this drivers n conductors did this out of curiosity, hell no.. Lasma is the brain behind this reform.. Who born u to carry more than stipulated. U will be arrested n ur car impounded.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by money121(m): 11:15am On May 06, 2020
Ok
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by sanemind2(m): 11:15am On May 06, 2020
Now thats good news
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by Davidzy23(m): 11:16am On May 06, 2020
Good and commendable...
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by aoshea18: 11:16am On May 06, 2020
Commendable indeed.
Re: Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah by seborrhic: 11:16am On May 06, 2020
500 to 800 is a small token?
That is a 62% jump in fares.
If a low grade worker resumes work,thats 35k-40kfor transport alone!
Indeed Nigerians enjoy suffering and smiling.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Refuses To Enter "Driverless" Bus In Netherland (pics/video) / Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna / List Of States Where Okada And Keke Are Banned Or Restricted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.