Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

*** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** (26054 Views)

Glo Launches Another Whooping Data Plan, Will You Rock It? / Tecno Camon C5: Tecno's First 4G Enabled Smartphone. / Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by iseg007(m): 11:49am On Jan 13, 2011
Na wa at least i acn be proud to argue whether 3G and 4G exist in our telecom industry, it is sweeting my belle, BUT FOR JESUS AND NIGERIANS SAKE, when will i argue on NL that Nepa kept light for 6 hours in a day for 1 week ehhhhh WHENNNN!

People without power you will will never enjoy 3g or 4g or 27G
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by laidelight: 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2011
I think with their just concluded fibre optic project, it is possible. Nigeria has been backward in this technology. Even Ghana here in a normal cafe, you can get a download speed of about 3mbps. But lets keep our fingers crossed.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Mobinga: 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2011
What a horrible WASTE!!
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by andyprez(m): 1:48pm On Jan 13, 2011
I just think Glo wants to be the first in producing new technologies, nothing more cos their services are the same
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by amurx(m): 2:13pm On Jan 13, 2011
another set of lie 4rm d most worst network in naija
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Mobinga: 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2011
laidelight:

I think with their just concluded fibre optic project, it is possible. Nigeria has been backward in this technology. Even Ghana here in a normal cafe, you can get a download speed of about 3mbps. But lets keep our fingers crossed.
Are you serious?
3mbps = 375kb/s . That speed is almost impossible here in Nigeria. Not to talk of in a cafe. The highest one can get in a cafe here is 50kb/s
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by earthrealm(m): 3:43pm On Jan 13, 2011
the GLO bunch are just retards,
1. u cant make intl calls 4rm a postpaid glo line, u gotta call n email the customer care b4 they can activate u, n all the yada yada

2. even the internet on the mobile phone, mtn& other networks is simply plug n play, glo u hv 2 go to the office n the customer service will take btw 30mins to 1hrs to activate it!!, jeeeeez. i made the mistake of trying to use glo wap 4 my nokia maps naviagtion, the shit didnt work, but as soon as i swapped n put my mtn,,,i was able 2 start accessing the service
i tire 4 glo

3. glo 3g modem is just b,u,ll cr,ap!
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by eherbal(m): 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2011
this clowns are yet to perfect their 3g tech.the nonsense keeps timing out.in the actual sense,there're dishing out edge to us in the guise of 3g.4g indeed,tseew
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Dabss(m): 4:55pm On Jan 13, 2011
Mobinga:

Are you serious?
3mbps = 375kb/s . That speed is almost impossible here in Nigeria. Not to talk of in a cafe. The highest one can get in a cafe here is 50kb/s
u must be staying i a bush village. 375kb/s impossible? haba! u can get data speed way faster than that wif mtn's f@stlink. And who will go to a cybercafe running @ 50kb/s?
secondly
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by aieromon(m): 5:18pm On Jan 13, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

u must be staying i a bush village. 375kb/s impossible? haba! u can get data speed way faster than that wif mtn's f@stlink. And who will go to a cybercafe running @ 50kb/s?
secondly

Re-read his post.He was talking about getting such a speed in a cafe.Besides,have you ever gotten a constant speed of 300kb/s?

Mobinga:

Are you serious?
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Dabss(m): 5:37pm On Jan 13, 2011
dude you should re-read his post
how can the guy say that 375k/s is impossible in nigeria? And cybercafes 50kb/s on the internet?
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by dROC1: 10:06pm On Jan 13, 2011
Guys,

I was opportuned to be part of the deployment of the GLO LTE project as and believe me, nothing else in Nigeria is faster than this, nothing.
Imagine downloading 1Gbit in less than 30 seconds at 40Mbps for a single user.
This stuff is gonna redefine internet usage in Nigeria. MTN, Multilinks, Etisalat and Direct-On PC to follow suit very soon.

My mail.
meoler@gmail.com
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Dabss(m): 12:34am On Jan 14, 2011
okay thats a lie 1gb in 30sec?
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 14, 2011
hope this is true
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Mobinga: 8:12am On Jan 14, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

secondly
Da_b¤§§.:

okay thats a lie 1gb in 30sec?
Since you cannot distinguish between gigabit and gigabyte, I see no need to argue with you.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by tunnex190: 9:36am On Jan 14, 2011
Mobinga:

Since you cannot distinguish between gigabit and gigabyte, I see no need to argue with you.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Mafia4life(m): 9:41am On Jan 14, 2011
Its not about speed for now,
With their STUPID brandwith limit, who is gonna enjoy the 4G?
Oh! They want someone to exthaust a 1 month data plan in less than 2 days? Them dey crase, The money invested should have been used to connect more areas with 3G, Fuuuuuuk them!!!!
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Hodaya(m): 10:29am On Jan 14, 2011
I recently used GLO on an iPad and was very surprised at the speed i got *was very fast*, unfortunately no ISP in Nigeria is yet to provide us with a steady 1 megabyte per second of speed.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by bayo1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 14, 2011
Guys,

I was opportuned to be part of the deployment of the GLO LTE project as and believe me, nothing else in Nigeria is faster than this, nothing.
This stuff is gonna redefine internet usage in Nigeria. MTN, Multilinks, Etisalat and Direct-On PC to follow suit very soon.

My mail.
meoler@gmail.com/quote]

The report says the LTE deployment by glo is only for back-hauling for now and last mile deployment to come in the nearest future. The current service is only useful for corporate organization implementing site-to-site VPN and not for last mile.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by bayo1(m): 12:47pm On Jan 14, 2011
Guys,

My mail.
meoler@gmail.com

The report says the LTE deployment by glo is only for back-hauling for now and last mile deployment to come in the nearest future. The current service is only useful for corporate organization implementing site-to-site VPN and not for last mile.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by styles2009: 2:02pm On Jan 14, 2011
Another way to chop una money!
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:12pm On Jan 14, 2011
GLO in my honest opinion is a company with huge potential and little mettle to handle Telecoms the way it should be handled - services are appalling
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by enyiekan: 4:21pm On Jan 14, 2011
For now 4G internet is still fiction.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by OBAMICH: 4:48pm On Jan 14, 2011
GLO IS .HIT, MADE A MISTAKE 2 WASTE 15K ON THEIR USD MODEM AND 7500 CREDIT; WORKED FOR 2 DAYS; AND IT PACKED UP; UNFORTUNATELY I TRAVELLED 2 LAGOS 4 2WEEKS, WITH AN ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION DAT I COULDN'T USE, WENT TO THEIR OFFIVE IN VI AND I WAS TOLD I HAD TO RETURN IT TO WHERE I BOUGHT IT IN ABJ, AND THEY COULDN'T ALSO SUSPEND MY SERVICE, SO IT MEANT MY SUBSCRIPTION WAS WASTED FOR ANODA 2WEEKS, I HAD NO OPTION 2 GET MTN WHICH I HAD USED FOR OVER 6MONTHS WITH NO STRESS.

GOT BACK 2 ABJ AND THEY SAID I CAN ONLY RETURN IT TO D LADY I BOUGHT IT FROM, I WAS LIKE IS DIS NOT GLO, THEY SAID THEY COULDN'T DO NOTTING FOR ME AND I HAD TO LOCATE A LADY I ONLY MET WITH FOR 8MINUTES.

GLO IS AN EXTREMELY USELESS NETWORK WITH ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE, PERIOD
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by WackyJ1(m): 5:22pm On Jan 14, 2011
Lol. Glo was seriously playing with you
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by lastpage: 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2011
LTE koo, GTE niiii! shocked
Like most things in Nigeria, it is "laced with fraud"!
We pay for something, they dont deliver on their promise and "Nothing go shele" grin grin

If you believe this 4,000G+ garbage, the you must have believed that we have "broadband" in Nigeria?

Anyone that has experienced REAL BROADBAND abroad will laugh when they come home to Nigeria and get connected to "Nigeria's version of broadband" grin Infact, like OBJ will say, "I just dey laugh" grin grin

"Fool me once, you're smart, Fool me twice, l am stupid" ! Now, how many people are smart in Nigeria right now?

It is not the name or title that matters, IT IS THE BANDWIDTH that you deliver to the customer!

If we go by the above definition, most people in Naija are just using "Dial-Up Modem" masquerading as 3G

Anyway sha, in the country of the blind************************* lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wink wink

Glo-my-foot!
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Mafia4life(m): 6:11pm On Jan 14, 2011
Una nor even reason with me, How them go introduce 4G when them neva get 20% coverage on 3G in the country?

Na 4G with High download we go use for the small 5GB a month ? That means na a way to finish 5GB before the month end,

For the second time, Fuuuuuuuuuuukk THEM!!!!!
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Dabss(m): 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2011
Bleep them!!!
L.o.l
u tink dats gonna stop mr adenuga from pocketing his millions?
I need faster internet speed so if d 4g watever is faster then its bye-bye mtn
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by earthrealm(m): 7:21am On Jan 15, 2011
yeah naija broadbans sucks, too many clowns in this country,

i travelled out of naija, n i was downloadinging from IE @1.3MBps!, NOTE I WASNT USING A DOWNLOAD MANAGER!
n the fee is less than 7k/mnth.unlimited.

this 6gb limit is laughable, i bought the new evdo visafone modem in naija, bonanza package with 30days unlimited 24/7 browsing,
in 24hrs i don download 2GB already!, so tell me how i wud hv coped withe the miserable 6gb mtn n glo give ??

clowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by segunjowo(m): 9:38am On Jan 15, 2011
I no jus like that glo for anything. An indegenous telecom company that suppose to call @ N1/min. Their call rate is the most expensive. Hate them wit passion,
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by aieromon(m): 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2011
segunjowo:

I no jus like that glo for anything. An indegenous telecom company that suppose to call @ N1/min. Their call rate is the most expensive. Hate them wit passion,

They charge N10/min for international calls.What network offers a cheaper rate?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whatsapp Officially Comes To Laptops And Desktops / User Review Of The Newly Released Infinix Hots X521 / 16 Important Android Utility Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.