Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,089 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:43 AM

The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. (4822 Views)

Crumbly Shop In Red Roof Republic Or Lizard Infested Mansion In The Yeast / Pictures of Ibadan without brown roof / Pictures of Onitcha dirty with brown roof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Abagworo(m): 9:59pm On May 06, 2020
I don't know what it is with all these posts. It is better to create a thread aboit development in Oyo State where indigenes and other Nigerians interested contribute positively or negatively and we watch such thread progress over the years than trying to prove we have arrived which we know is self deceit. Nigeria as a whole is developing daily albeit slowly but we shall appreciate it more if we concentrate on the specific State or region and its peculiarity. The Southeast has better architecture in the cities than other parts of Nigeria but lacks in other basic infrastructure like road, water and even housing than some other places.

Below is photo of Owerri Nigeria taken earlier this evening grin grin grin

Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by delpee(f): 10:00pm On May 06, 2020
Reading the comments ....hmmm! I can only conclude that it's so very sad that young people who should reason well for a better future are so petty, ignorant and insecure. Great pity.

Sometimes it's hard to believe that this is the same country I grew up in. Too much shallow thinking, meaningless arguments, pull him down syndrome and inferiority complex everywhere. The Nigerian youth of the past (even shortly after the war) were more focused and less bitter on tribal grounds. The focus was on how to have good governance to move the nation forward. It was in that era that many student unionists ended up in jail for inspiring and leading students protesting against bad government policies. Now it's tribal war everyday. So much unnecessary hatred brewing in minds. I really wonder what went wrong.

@Topic
There's no point arguing with the visionless on what they can not see. It's always a futile exercise. Those who know Ibadan city need no one to convince them about the beauty of the new city and the historical importance of the old areas. It's of great significance that what is read in history can still be seen physically in some areas. Family houses and even burial sites of some of the war commanders of old are still intact. I remember being taken to an old market close to Molete as a young child on excursion. We learnt how the artisans of old worked...the blacksmith, cloth dyers etc in those same "brown roofed" houses. Same way I loved my visit to the Old City of Kano. Cherished memories!

Demolishing totally the old area wipes out a whole chunk of history and may destabilise the traditional political settings. The agbo iles have a strong meaning in Yoruba tradition and culture. Maybe dilapidated ones can be rebuilt in a way to preserve history.

Yorubas cherish their history and are not in competition with any group. It's a matter of live and let live. God help us all.
Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by delpee(f): 10:01pm On May 06, 2020
Abagworo:

Below is photo of Owerri Nigeria taken earlier this evening grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 06, 2020
We don't listen to liars and deceivers.
Lying yoruba media and other useful idiots aka zombies, have nothing on us!

Unik3030:
use Google n input Gabon camp in Enugu....u know d rest....stop changing goal post
Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Hotspotbro(m): 10:24pm On May 06, 2020
Audio Ibadan whether or not, ibadan people still live like villagers.
Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Yaribanzaonic: 11:09pm On May 06, 2020
Did Gabon IDP get Federal Pallative like those in the North and SW.....NO!!! We take care of our Problems!!

But Guy.... why are you abandoning the IDP camps in the SW

Don't let me unleash for you... as you keep deluded thoughts alight in your zombified thinking capacity. The IDP camps in the SW zone is second to the North.

Just face your ewedurian living standards of poverty induced owambe razzmatazz. Poverty in the SW is endemic.

Unik3030:
use Google n input Gabon camp in Enugu....u know d rest....stop changing goal post
Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by 24SEVEN: 11:26pm On May 06, 2020
cjrane:
mmmmm grin

stop na... I don't like when people insult Yorubas. Their girls are very good to me. If your Fuqing a Yoruba girl and she's screaming in ecstasy in Yoruba language, you go come faster than expected.. pls pardon, tamper Justice with mercy.

A large expanse if Ibadan is old, rusty, dirty.. but fine areas dey. let's showcase the good part of Nigerian cities while we do our best to make the less beautiful areas finer.

If you keep posting those pics, you're unwittingly insulting all Nigerians.

biko mele ndiYoruba ebele... daalu.
Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 06, 2020
a yoruba woman want sleep with any man for 500 naira and got help from dpn jazy
Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by DriggityDre: 12:32am On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
More
Nice pictures, OP.

What area is this?

Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:17am On May 07, 2020
Unik3030:
can u mention a place in the whole of south west where we have idp camp?but u world billionaires have Gabon camp in Enugu with erosion damaged road where pregnant women are carried to hospital on wheel barrow

All the noise about ibo land,the whole imo just got an overhead bridge since all these years thanks to d ever hated Okorocha n d Osun State u talk I'll about have over 10 overhead bridges,over 7 higher institution of learning amidst other infrastructures.

U people are known all over Nigeria as economic scavengers cos ur region is barren,u boast about nothing.just imagine the poverty in your south east n am very sure u aren't even staying in d south east cos u don japa in order to escape poverty...sharp boy

A Yoruba man can live n die in Yoruba land n still b successful unlike an Igbo man that Lagos is his paradise,shame no dey catch u.u claim richest but your Mama dey suffer for village
We know we are poor but our people were not stealing foods from trucks and nothing like one million boys.

This coronavirus really exposed things.
Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Sunshineg5(m): 8:00am On May 07, 2020
DriggityDre:
Nice pictures, OP.
What area is this?
This is inside IITA in Ojoo.

1 Like

Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Sunshineg5(m): 8:07am On May 07, 2020
Yaribanzaonic:
GUY,

So South Africa...Durban (Snake City) is your highest movement?...Guy pack well for 1 corner and realize that SHOE GET SIZE

Carry your Thought Process and feed it to the boys at koronu .......mtcheeew

If you are not slow, as usual you would realize that in my first comment you jumped to uninvited I clearly stated i have been to seven African countries and 20 Nigerian state.

If you have an atom of sense you will realize that that you follow up response is probably senseless.

You think I don't know you have up to 7 monikers

Mr Herdsmen ! a local champion that doesn't know ordinary Justin Timberlake. cheesy
Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Sunshineg5(m): 8:09am On May 07, 2020
slerry:

lol the Afonjas skull miners and brown roof republic giving themselves false hope with fake images.
see the true HEEBADON
Cry cry baby I want to see your mummy, shame! cheesy

More ibadan pictures

Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Nobody: 8:11am On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
If you are not slow, as usual you would realize that in my first comment you jumped to uninvited I clearly stated i have been to seven African countries and 20 Nigerian state.

If you have an atom of sense you will realize that that you follow up response is probably senseless.

You think I don't know you have up to 7 monikers

Mr Herdsmen ! a local champion that doesn't know ordinary Justin Timberlake. cheesy

Alright , post the Ibadan pictures let us see.

Seated.
Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Sunshineg5(m): 8:17am On May 07, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Alright , post the Ibadan pictures let us see.

Seated.
Already doing that sir

Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Nobody: 8:21am On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Already doing that sir
Alright.
No editing again.
Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Sunshineg5(m): 8:26am On May 07, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Alright.

No editing again.
I am not editing, this places really exist in ibadan like this.

Most of you really think ibadan is 100% brown roof but forget ibadan has more factories than Owerri.

Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Nobody: 8:29am On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
I am not editing, this places really exist in ibadan like this.

Most of you really think ibadan is 100% brown roof but forget ibadan has more factories than Owerri.

I know Ibadan well but I am always against posting edited pictures.

it destroys the reason for the thread.
Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Sunshineg5(m): 8:32am On May 07, 2020
Juliusmalema:

I know Ibadan well but I am always against posting edited pictures.

it destroys the reason for the thread.
This are not really edited pictures

All those buildings exist in ibadan like this

And point of correction, you can know ibadan too well. Even me that was born in ibadan don't know the whole of ibadan.

Ibadan has 11 local government area, each the size of a small town. You may live in ibadan all your life and never cross more than 5 local government areas in that period.
Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by Sunshineg5(m): 8:33am On May 07, 2020
More ibadan

Re: The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. by SaiRuiMall: 7:48pm On May 07, 2020
Our Current Brand Representative.

Full name: Deborah Elom
Nickname: Ayelet
State of origin: Ebonyi state
LGA: Ikwo
Department: Mass communication
Level: Graduate.
My hobbies: cooking, reading, writing, picnics, photography, music, movies, Games

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Muslim Man Caught in Italy Destroying A Statue Because Is Showing A Body Part. / Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion / A Mad Man Rocks Tinubu Cap In Lagos - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.