Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k (4761 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Joetttimua1811(m): 2:51pm On May 06, 2020
Good afternoon Nairalanders, please I just have to bring up this topic to help a friend seek advice and I wish admin can help push it to front page.

A friend want to have a low budget wedding with 500k and needs suggestion or better still advice on how to go about it considering the cost of living now. Thanks
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by OdefaGirl(f): 2:53pm On May 06, 2020
A friend or you?.......most questions will be directed to you.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by SweetCunt97(f): 2:59pm On May 06, 2020
See it

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Lamanii22(f): 3:10pm On May 06, 2020
[quote author=SweetCunt97 post=89252971]See it[/quote

grin grin this is it OP
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Daroldigits: 3:16pm On May 06, 2020
500k is even too much if you know what you're doing.

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Joetttimua1811(m): 3:18pm On May 06, 2020
Daroldigits:
500k is even too much of you know what you're doing.

That's what he want to know

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by fastseo: 4:20pm On May 06, 2020
girls see wedding as a show off and competition stuff. Almost all girls of nowadays hawk marriage to the highest bidder.

First you have to sit the girl down and talk to her that this is what you have. You don't want to run into debt after the wedding.

You might not hire a hall just use an open space with canopies or a primary school hall. But the rain is about being aggressive as we approach June.

Get a photographer that will collect cheap for from you. Let's say 40k. Let go of video coverage.

Get a suit of let's say 20k or less and a shoe of 10k. Rent a gown for your wife and get her a shoe. For her makeup there are still girls that will do a good Job for her on a low key stuff.

For the food am sure that 1 bag of rice, meet and other stuff... 120k. Will be good to go. (I see greater part of the money going for food)

Get a low budget MC and a low budget DJ.
Depending on your location, there are low budget event planner that you can hire chair and table from...

I see 500k doing a good job here.

Opp this link will help you https://www.nairaland.com/5847104/banker-commits-suicide-after-divorce

14 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by yvelchstores(f): 4:24pm On May 06, 2020
500k is not low budget. What is wrong with this country? Even if you have ten million naira in your account, you must not spend it just because you want to impress people that can never be satisfied.

A wise man said you don't even need wedding gown for a wedding, just wear what makes you happy with a priest or pastor that will join you both and a few family members as witnesses. At the end of the day you are still as married as the one who did wedding reception at Eko hotel.

Keep life simple.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by ImaIma1(f): 4:25pm On May 06, 2020
Do the traditional rights. Nothing fancy; probably a parlour thing with only close family.

Go to court with like 3-6 witnesses and go for lunch in a fast food joint or do small chops and drinks.

Go to the pastor's office for marriage blessings.

And if the money is ok, make sure your suit and her dress are good quality (not necessarily a regular wedding dress) and a good photographer to capture the important moments well.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by yvelchstores(f): 4:27pm On May 06, 2020
ImaIma1:
Do the traditional rights. Nothing fancy; probably a parlour thing with only close family.

Go to court with like 3-6 witnesses and go for lunch in a fast food joint or do small chops and drinks.

please, 2 bottles of any drink of your choice jare!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:53pm On May 06, 2020
SweetCunt97:
See it
I don't think this is even up to 500k

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Biancah(f): 5:04pm On May 06, 2020
Go to the registry with your parents, witness, a few close friends and your siblings, sign your prenuptial agreement and your marriage certificate, go for a celebratory dinner .
Later go for Thanksgiving in the church, find something to invest your money on, maybe a land, treasury bills or whatever.
There is absolutely no need of trying to impress people.
My opinion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Saintinoo(m): 5:26pm On May 06, 2020
Joetttimua1811:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, please I just have to bring up this topic to help a friend seek advice and I wish admin can help push it to front page.

A friend want to have a low budget wedding with 500k and needs suggestion or better still advice on how to go about it considering the cost of living now. Thanks
It all depends if paying of dowry and traditional marriage list is included.... For the church wedding, go to any good tailor and get urself nice cheap suit, and an Aba made shoe, rent wedding gown for her, for the reception, use the church hall or the church compound, i don't see why people fancy event halls.

Get a low cost DJ and Mc, a cheap event planner for the decorations.

You shouldn't spend more than 200k on food if you target around 150 people.
Above all, do want you can, do not try to impress anybody, the economy will slide into recession any moment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Mariangeles(f): 5:40pm On May 06, 2020
fastseo:
girls see wedding as a show off and competition stuff. Almost all girls of nowadays hawk marriage to the highest bidder.

First you have to sit the girl down and talk to her that this is what you have. You don't want to run into debt after the wedding.

You might not hire a hall just use an open space with canopies or a primary school hall. But the rain is about being aggressive as we approach June.

Get a photographer that will collect cheap for from you. Let's say 40k. Let go of video coverage.

Get a suit of let's say 20k or less and a shoe of 10k. Rent a gown for your wife and get her a shoe. For her makeup there are still girls that will do a good Job for her on a low key stuff.

For the food am sure that 1 bag of rice, meet and other stuff... 120k. Will be good to go. (I see greater part of the money going for food)

Get a low budget MC and a low budget DJ.
Depending on your location, there are low budget event planner that you can hire chair and table from...

I see 500k doing a good job here.

The wedding planner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by sisisioge: 5:46pm On May 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

And if the money is ok, make sure your suit and her dress are good quality (not necessarily a regular wedding dress) and a good photographer to capture the important moments well.

I agree with Imalma

Dear OP, spend a lot on your appearance and photography. No tacky looking makeup or awkward looking suit biko. Look good, beg your people to look good too, go to a nice restaurant and ask for special tables after the whole thing g
You would get good background for your photos, and food will be cheaper than paying for catering service.

My friend got married 5 years ago on a budget like yours. Her siblings cooked, we committee of friends did her makeup, decoration of her small church hall, her hair and the beaded jewelries. To further erase appearance of mediocrity, she got a lovely coloured Ankara, shared 3 yards each to us for free and begged us to get them well tailored grin. We all looked good...they looked good...they have 3 kids now and enjoying their lives together.

Good luck.

14 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:52pm On May 06, 2020
Personally, I don’t want a fanfare marriage ceremony either... just what’s most important... and a few friends.

But my clothes, hair, makeup and shoes will exhaust that 500k. cry. I don’t want to trade those. Those pictures gotta look peng forever! cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by ImaIma1(f): 6:04pm On May 06, 2020
sisisioge:

I agree..spend a lot on your appearance and photography. No tacky looking makeup or awkward looking suit biko. Look good, beg your people to look good too, go to a nice restaurant and ask for special tables after the whole thing g
You would get good background for your photos, and food will be cheaper than paying for catering service.

My friend got married 5 years ago on a budget like yours. Her siblings cooked, we committee of friends did her makeup, decoration of her small church hall, her hair and the beaded jewelries. To further erase appearance of mediocrity, she got a lovely coloured Ankara, shared 3 yards each to us for free and begged us to get them well tailored grin. We all looked good...they looked good...they have 3 kids now and enjoying their lives together.

Good luck.

Lol...it wasn't how my wedding was though. I was suggesting according to the OP's budget. I have seen people get married that way especially if the traditional marriage list is not excessive.
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by sisisioge: 6:16pm On May 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

Lol...it wasn't how my wedding was though. I was suggesting according to the OP's budget. I have seen people get married that way especially if the traditional marriage list is not excessive.

No nau...I was agreeing with your input. I prefer a really small affair where small budget looks like huge expenses. Imagine how well that budget will take care of 20 people. Chai!

By "your", I meant the OP.
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by ImaIma1(f): 6:19pm On May 06, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
Personally, I don’t want a fanfare marriage ceremony either... just what’s most important... and a few friends.

But my clothes, hair, makeup and shoes will exhaust that 500k. cry. I don’t want to trade those. Those pictures gotta look peng forever! cheesy

Funny enough, you could spend that much on appearance and look odd. My wedding dress was less than 100k but was gorgeous...made by a Nigerian wedding designer.

The traditional marriage shoes I bought were more expensive than the shoes for the white. Trad was like close to 25k while the white was less than 10k. Guess what! The trad shoes went bad from the second time I wore it but the other one was used well.

A good friend that got married just before I did advised me. She told me not to get deceived buying those glittery things tagged as "wedding wears, etc". She showed me where to go.

When it comes to weddings, vendors prey on your anxiety.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by ImaIma1(f): 6:21pm On May 06, 2020
sisisioge:

No nau...I was agreeing with your input. I prefer a really small affair where small budget looks like huge expenses. Imagine how well that budget will take care of 20 people. Chai!

By "your", I meant the OP.

Yeah I get. I wanted something small too for my white. Did a Sunday evening dinner with100 people after much fight. It was exactly how I imagined it
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by zicoraads: 6:22pm On May 06, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Let's get married already... embarassed
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by MrFourSHIRTS: 6:32pm On May 06, 2020
zicoraads:

wow bro. Long time. Haven't been seeing your post in a while.
Hope you are doing just great
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by sisisioge: 6:39pm On May 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

Yeah I get. I wanted something small too for my white. Did a Sunday evening dinner with100 people after much fight. It was exactly how I imagined it

Imagine! I used to work at events and I know first hand how better intimate small events are.
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by SweetCunt97(f): 6:45pm On May 06, 2020
DanDeeBoss:
I don't think this is even up to 500k
It isn't. And they are married and living their lives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:58pm On May 06, 2020
zicoraads:

I’m coming... cheesy
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:59pm On May 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

Funny enough, you could spend that much on appearance and look odd. My wedding dress was less than 100k but was gorgeous...made by a Nigerian wedding designer.

The traditional marriage shoes I bought were more expensive than the shoes for the white. Trad was like close to 25k while the white was less than 10k. Guess what! The trad shoes went bad from the second time I wore it but the other one was used well.

A good friend that got married just before I did advised me. She told me not to get deceived buying those glittery things tagged as "wedding wears, etc". She showed me where to go.

When it comes to weddings, vendors prey on your anxiety.

Awwwn. That won’t be my story, though. Everything will be just perfect by the grace of God.

But really, 500k on appearance for a marriage ceremony is not a lot o. How much is hair alone? Quality professional makeup... all the traditional attire... the wedding gown... shoes. Nahh. Not a lot.
Other than that, the only money we’ll spend will be for photography, actual bride price, and a dinner outing with friends. Those are the ideas I have in my head.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by duality(m): 7:09pm On May 06, 2020
yvelchstores:
500k is not low budget. What is wrong with this country? Even if you have ten million naira in your account, you must not spend it just because you want to impress people that can never be satisfied.

A wise man said you don't even need wedding gown for a wedding, just wear what makes you happy with a priest or pastor that will join you both and a few family members as witnesses. At the end of the day you are still as married as the one who did wedding reception at Eko hotel.

Keep life simple.

You spoke well, it seem difficult these days. The ladies have fantasized so much about the wedding cere-party. A young man who manages to have a car will be forced into heavyweight marriage ceremony. They want to show that their daughter married a well to do man. Some families will accuse the young man of being stingy.

My friend just did his own and they task this young man till breaking point.. thy guy was just doing his best to avoid hand falling. The girl contributed, but you know how women contribute. It's not going to be 100%. the promise to contribute, is just for them to have their way.

Even church fine them, because they didn't do some things.

It's not easy jare.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Richy4(m): 7:22pm On May 06, 2020
This is the best time for marriage.. organise a corona virus wedding... 23 or 27 people maximum...
10 10 meters distancing.. Rice will be enough... drinks would be enough.. if u wanna give out gift like thank you for coming, plenty go dey..

Those that couldn't make it, u tell them that the government refused you from inviting much crowd because of the pandemic after obtaining permission or licence to wed..Full stop

Before they could get angry with you, u are already in labourward.. bringing an amazing kid into the world..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:26pm On May 06, 2020
SweetCunt97:
It isn't. And they are married and living their lives.
That's what matters
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by crackkhaus: 7:55pm On May 06, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Awwwn. That won’t be my story, though. Everything will be just perfect by the grace of God.

But really, 500k on appearance for a marriage ceremony is not a lot o. How much is hair alone? Quality professional makeup... all the traditional attire... the wedding gown... shoes. Nahh. Not a lot.
Other than that, the only money we’ll spend will be for photography, actual bride price, and a dinner outing with friends. Those are the ideas I have in my head.
We? As in both of you? grin
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by PresidentAde(m): 7:59pm On May 06, 2020
Very simple, Make judicious use if this season...
Do an online weeding, let anyone interested catch you on skype, WhatsApp Video etc...
your sorvenier could be data for your online invitees
limited people, minimal expenses, you go get change sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:35pm On May 06, 2020
crackkhaus:

We? As in both of you? grin

Lol. Please, go away first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Are Ngos That Fight For Women's Rights In Lagos, Nigeria? / Managing Children And Getting The Chores Done / Who Is Suppose To Ask My Father How Much My Bride Price:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.