Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:43 PM

Smart Startups Series - The Advantage - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Smart Startups Series - The Advantage (660 Views)

What I Wish Someone Had Told Me About Startups 7 Years Ago / Top 100 Africa's Most Innovative Startups To Follow In 2014 / Why Tech Startups In Lagos Should Not Move To Yaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Smart Startups Series - The Advantage by xcelmind(m): 2:13am On Jan 12, 2011
My left eye had completely turned red from looking at the computer screen for straight 18 hours now. Something inside my left eye is saying i should stop, but my heart says go on.

I'm will go on because this Web Development industry is forever twisting and turning, never-ending learning curve. The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.

Many of the developers who are rapidly pushing the web forward are under 30; how simultaneously amazing and depressing at the same time! In the movie “A Beautiful Mind”, they said that if you haven’t had your great idea by the age of 30, you’ll never have it.

The advantage to youth is all around us: it’s in the music you listen to, the JavaScript frameworks you love, the tools you use, the beautiful girl i will marry etc.

Ever notice how your favorite music artists rarely achieve the same level of “magic” in a new album a decade after they entered the music industry? Why is that?

Now that you’re young, be open to new ideas, and question the status quo. Because, fifteen-twenty years later, you may not have the same drive as you do now.

The world is waiting and now we have started.
Re: Smart Startups Series - The Advantage by kodewrita(m): 11:33am On Jan 12, 2011
Saunders got his big idea at the veyr young age of 63. Dont make excuses for laziness.

(1) (Reply)

Programmers In D Houze. / Have Separate Metadata For Jquery Tabs / Uploading A File With Progressbar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.