Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,807 members, 7,806,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? (2918 Views)

My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words / Body Of 2-year-old Boy Trapped In Well For 12 Days Is Found In Spain(Pics) / 2-year-old Boy Shreds N381,600 His Parents Saved For Utah Football tickets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 9:00pm On May 06, 2020
Good evening daddies and mummies .

I just beat my 2-year old son with a belt(beat him on his bum bum) .After beating him,I asked him to go inside the room and lie down while I off the bedroom light and locked the door .I discovered he was breathing so fast on the bed when i checked two minutes later .He was crying and keep banging the bedroom door for us to open.He kept on crying .So,i have to tell his mum to carry him and pet him.

When i went to sitting room to pick something ,he didn't even want to come near me .He kept on dragging his mum cloth thinking I still want to beat him .Infact,he refused to come to bedroom .He cried and keep telling her mum to put her down when she was about entering the room with him.

He is fond of throwing spoon,pencil,cups,plates ,biscuit,cup,plates and tonight ,he threw a water plastic at me and that hit me on my eye and I felt so much pain .So,I had to beat him that much .He is asleep now .

I just want to ask if it is right to beat him at that age or what other measure can we adopt to discipline him?We used to talk to him and sometimes ,he says sorry when he notices he have done something wrong .
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Brighfuture(f): 9:02pm On May 06, 2020
Hmm... Two years old with a belt... Why are putting your frustration on that baby... It's not fair...

25 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by ahnie: 9:04pm On May 06, 2020
This one is strong o....

Wait Fess...lemme ring the elders for proper analysis of this matter

1 Like

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 9:04pm On May 06, 2020
Brighfuture:
Hmm... Two years old with a belt... Why are putting your frustration on that baby... It's not fair

This is the first time I am doing that
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by delugajackson: 9:05pm On May 06, 2020
Children are known to be restless at that age, you as a parent should know that. There are different ways to handle a child .

Inflicting pain on a young child when he's not a criminal. What was his offence again? 2 year old for that matter.

Na only belt you see? You for use plank or baton. undecided

28 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 9:05pm On May 06, 2020
ahnie:
This one is strong o....

Wait Fess...lemme ring the elders for proper analysis of this matter

I am not frustrated ..the thing really hit me so much.
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by ahnie: 9:09pm On May 06, 2020
Before the elders will arrive,lemme state these.
First ....when he started this habit of aiming you should have nip it in the bud when you guys first noticed it.
He has seen it as normal runs.

Secondly some kids can be very stubborn...I know your spanking him was base on accumulated anger.
I won't judge you tho.

Although I love twisting ears instead of spanking.

7 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Cuddlebugie(f): 9:11pm On May 06, 2020
Yes, you can beat a two-year old with a belt. He's your son, after all. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Vyolet(f): 9:11pm On May 06, 2020
He must have seen one of you throwing things at the other person when angry.

The belt you used on him is too much for his age, he may not even understand your reason for beating him.

Once he wakes up tomorrow morning, go to him bed and pet him, be responsible for him for the day that is, bathe him, take care of his room and make his cereals, smile at him and tell him you are sorry, all these is to win back his trust.

Next time, get a really tiny "pankere", threaten him anytime he errs and watch him adjust, he will adjust as he grows.

9 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 9:13pm On May 06, 2020
ahnie:
Before the elders will arrive,lemme state these.
First ....when he started this habit of aiming you should have nip it in the bud when you guys first noticed it.
He has seen it as normal runs.

Secondly some kids can be very stubborn...I know your spanking him was base on accumulated anger.
I won't judge you tho.

Although I love twisting ears instead of spanking.

OK thank you.

Actually I hope he will change .I will not beat him again .I was so angry because the head of that Pepsi bottle he threw hit me seriously .I just checked the eye now and it is red already .

2 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 9:15pm On May 06, 2020
Vyolet:

No I don't know if he have seen that in his cartoon or his mum telemundo or zeeworld series .I can't answer that .I don't even argue with my wife talk more of throwing objects .The worst I do when I am angry with her is to stop talking to her for some days ..
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Tushnigerian(f): 9:16pm On May 06, 2020
When I saw the topic, in my mind there’s no big deal in correcting a Two year Old, by spanking him on his hands or butt especially when he did something wrong.
But beating a two year old with a belt is a big NO! Absolutely wrong, when you correct kids, you hug them and also correct them in love.
I have two amazing boys so I know how stubborn they can be, the belt was just out of line.

Compensate him with lots of Candy � and Chocolates!

4 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 9:21pm On May 06, 2020
Tushnigerian:
When I saw the topic, in my mind there’s no big deal in correcting a Two year Old, by spanking him on his hands or butt especially when he did something wrong.
But beating a two year old with a belt is a big NO! Absolutely wrong, when you correct kids, you hug them and also correct them in love.
I have two amazing boys so I know how stubborn they can be, the belt was just out of line.

Compensate him with lots of Candy � and Chocolates!

OK

When he wakes up,I will hug him and compensate with enough candy .

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 9:23pm On May 06, 2020
delugajackson:
Children are known to be restless at that age, you as a parent should know that. There are different ways to handle a child .

Inflicting pain on a young child when he's not a criminal. What was his offence again? 2 year old for that matter.

Na only belt you see? You for use plank or baton. undecided

Thank you
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 9:23pm On May 06, 2020
Why beat a 2 year old with beat?
Please stop it just stop it!
Don't sow seeds of hatred into that boy's heart. I repeat don't sow seed of hatred into that boy's heart. Kids don't forget...go ask my father.
Someone once said on NL that I don't talk about my father or whatever, it's because of reasons like this...

Yes I understand that we shouldn't over pamper our children but using belt on a 2 year old? That's extreme sir! He is 2 years you are already using belt, when he is 3 years you will graduate to cable be that. Please don't ruin things for yourself ooo, don't make mistakes that you will live to regret.

There are better ways to correct children of that age. If your boy misbehave which is of course for his age, just scold him repeatedly not to do it again. Tell him what is wrong or right. If he repeats it, bring out his palm, and slap him on his palm or his butt. It's a good corrective measure for toddlers. The bible is another corrective measure sir. Start telling the boy about what God likes and don't like. Start telling him about good deeds and bad deeds. Tell him about Jesus and Satan, hell fire and heaven. He is not too young for Sunday school. Start now Start now. As he grows, when he remembers that Gods children do this, Satan children do that, he will go for the former because he is a child of God. Those where the tricks I used on my niece and nephews. It works like magic. You should see them today. They are just between 3 and 7 but fear God and knows the bible so well... Instil the fear of God in him not belt...

Don't ever try correcting or beat kids while provoked or angry because you will subconsciously go extreme and that single offense will be counted...

Be careful with the mistakes you make with kids because they do not forget!!!

Go and make up for today's lashing please. Buy him biscuit or any of his favorite, pet him and tell him not to do it again. While doing that, tell him you Love him. Say it "I love you". That word is magical in the lives of kids...Sadly none of my parents ever said that to me... I say it to my niece and nephews and I can tell from the look in their eyes how happy they are to know that someone deeply cares and love them. I can't explain it...they feel secured...

God will help you Sir.

@ Omotowo2

11 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 9:24pm On May 06, 2020
Vyolet:

The belt you used on him is too much for his age, he may not even understand your reason for beating him.

Once he wakes up tomorrow morning, go to him bed and pet him, be responsible for him for the day that is, bathe him, take care of his room and make his cereals, smile at him and tell him you are sorry, all these is to win back his trust.

Next time, get a really tiny "pankere", threaten him anytime he errs and watch him adjust, he will adjust as he grows.

Thanks ..u edited

1 Like

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Brighfuture(f): 9:25pm On May 06, 2020
omotowo2:

This is the first time I am doing that

It's okay... Please he's just a baby, please take it easy ..thats how baby boys behave ...talking from experience.
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 9:26pm On May 06, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
Don't sow seeds of hatred into that boy's heart. I repeat don't sow seed of hatred into that boy's heart. Kids don't forget...go ask my father.
Someone once said on NL that I don't talk about my father or whatever, it's because of reasons like this...

Yes I understand that we shouldn't over pamper our children but using belt on a 2 year old? That's extreme sir! He is 2 years you are already using belt, when he is 3 years you will graduate to cable be that. Please don't ruin things for yourself ooo, don't make mistakes that you will live to regret.

There are better ways to correct children of that age. If your boy misbehave which is of course for his age, just scold him repeatedly not to do it again. Tell him what is wrong or right. If he repeats it, bring out his palm, and slap him on his palm or his butt. It's a good corrective measure for toddlers. The bible is another corrective measure sir. Start telling the boy about what God likes and don't like. Start telling him about good deeds and bad deeds. Tell him about Jesus and Satan, hell fire and heaven. He is not too young for Sunday school. Start now Start now. As he grows, when he remembers that Gods children do this, Satan children do that, he will go for the former because he is a child of God. Those where the tricks I used on my niece and nephews. It works like magic. You should see them today. They are just between 3 and 7 but fear God and knows the bible so well... Instil the fear of God in him not belt...

Don't ever try correcting or beat kids while provoked or angry because you will subconsciously go extreme and that single offense will be counted...

God will help you Sir.

Thank you
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 9:26pm On May 06, 2020
Brighfuture:

It's okay... Please he's just a baby, please take it easy ..thats how baby boys behave ...talking from experience.

Thanks
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by April2525: 9:29pm On May 06, 2020
Beat a two year old baby with Belt and lock him in a dark room alone?
That is abuse sir, lucky he is young enough not to remember and be traumatized .
Please don't do it again.
Toodlers can be a handful especially boys.he was probably just seeking attention from you!
I know you feel bad which is why you posted this.
Look him in the eye and tell him you are sorry and explain why you Did what you did and give him a warm hug he will understand.
Apologise to your wife too.
Parenting is INTENTIONAL work and we have to learn not to to discipline in the heat of anger.
Going forward talk to him in a stern voice looking him in the eye and let him seat in naughty corner for two minutes.
Talking works.

7 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 9:33pm On May 06, 2020
April2525:
Beat a two year old baby with Belt and lock him in a dark room alone?
That is abuse sir, lucky he is young enough not to remember and be traumatized .
Please don't do it again.
Toodlers can be a handful especially boys.he was probably just seeking attention from you!
I know you feel bad which is why you posted this.
Look him in the eye and tell him you are sorry and explain why you Did what you did and give him a warm hug he will understand.
Apologise to your wife too.
Parenting is INTENTIONAL work and we have to learn not to to discipline in the heat of anger.
Going forward talk to him in a stern voice looking him in the eye and let him seat in naughty corner for two minutes.
Talking works.

Thank you .

I will do as you advised..

1 Like

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by michlins(m): 9:35pm On May 06, 2020
Bro you owe that kid an apology. A big one at that and please ensure you do that if you want him to forget that action of yours. My dad never beat me with a belt and I turned out alright.

There are ways to discipline a child and right now you just traumatized him

4 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Bojack(m): 9:35pm On May 06, 2020
Na Wa

1 Like

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by michlins(m): 9:46pm On May 06, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:

There are better ways to correct children of that age. If your boy misbehave which is of course for his age, just scold him repeatedly not to do it again. Tell him what is wrong or right. If he repeats it, bring out his palm, and slap him on his palm or his butt. It's a good corrective measure for toddlers. The bible is another corrective measure sir. [b][/b]Start telling the boy about what God likes and don't like. Start telling him about good deeds and bad deeds. Tell him about Jesus and Satan, hell fire and heaven. He is not too young for Sunday school. [b][/b]Start now Start now. As he grows, when he remembers that Gods children do this, Satan children do that, he will go for the former because he is a child of God. Those where the tricks I used on my niece and nephews. It works like magic. You should see them today. They are just between 3 and 7 but fear God and knows the bible so well... Instil the fear of God in him not belt...

Go and make up for today's lashing please. Buy him biscuit or any of his favorite, pet him and tell him not to do it again. While doing that, tell him you Love him. Say it "I love you". That word is magical in the lives of kids...Sadly none of my parents ever said that to me... I say it to my niece and nephews and I can tell from the look in their eyes how happy they are to know that someone deeply cares and love them. I can't explain it...they feel secured...

God will help you Sir.

@ Omotowo2
about the God and Satan part, I don't think that can work with kids of today. Don't lie to a child to make him do the right thing cause once they realize that the foundation of their beliefs stem from lies, they will fall from it. That's why children of the clergies turn out to be the most morally bankrupt folks.

They see beyond the God and he'll concept. Rather teach a child that humanity needs him to live right and to be emphatic to the needs of the other person

1 Like

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 9:50pm On May 06, 2020
michlins:
Bro you owe that kid an apology. A big one at that and please ensure you do that if you want him to forget that action of yours. My dad never beat me with a belt and I turned out alright.

There are ways to discipline a child and right now you just traumatized him

He is awake and Infact ,while I was saying I am sorry ,he was busy waving his hand to say sorry ..

We are together eating cocoa pods and biscuit .

I will not beat him again.When he woke up,he was surprised to see me beside him on bed .He is a very sensitive boy .

Thank you sir

14 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by jenifer007: 9:54pm On May 06, 2020
That was so harsh of you....children especially male children are too energetic....what if you have my type of son.....He is over energetic self...pls don't beat that boy again with belt.....he won't be stubborn forever....You better don't allow gtc mothers on TTC thread catch you....
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 9:56pm On May 06, 2020
jenifer007:
That was so harsh of you....children especially male children are too energetic....what if you have my type of son.....He is over energetic self...pls don't beat that boy again with belt.....he won't be stubborn forever....You better don't allow gtc mothers on TTC thread catch you....

I know TTC .what is GTC

1 Like

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by zedegit: 9:56pm On May 06, 2020
omotowo2:
Good evening daddies and mummies .

I just beat my 2-year old son with a belt(beat him on his bum bum) .After beating him,I asked him to go inside the room and lie down while I off the bedroom light and locked the door .I discovered he was breathing so fast on the bed when i checked two minutes later .He was crying and keep banging the bedroom door for us to open.He kept on crying .So,i have to tell his mum to carry him and pet him.

When i went to sitting room to pick something ,he didn't even want to come near me .He kept on dragging his mum cloth thinking I still want to beat him .Infact,he refused to come to bedroom .He cried and keep telling her mum to put her down when she was about entering the room with him.

He is fond of throwing spoon,pencil,cups,plates ,biscuit,cup,plates and tonight ,he threw a water plastic at me and that hit me on my eye and I felt so much pain .So,I had to beat him that much .He is asleep now .

I just want to ask if it is right to beat him at that age or what other measure can we adopt to discipline him?We used to talk to him and sometimes ,he says sorry when he notices he have done something wrong .

This is quite incoherent.

Initially it was a boy, later she...
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Hathor5(f): 9:58pm On May 06, 2020
I told myself not to respond to your question immediately after reading it because I felt like telling you off in a very rude manner. After a breathing exercise I still find it hard to say it nicely but I will try. What you did is unbelievable. How anyone can beat a child so small with a belt is something I can never understand. A man who is so much taller and heavier needs a belt to teach a toddler a lesson? I will stop here because rage is filling my heart. I just hope and pray you will NEVER EVER do it again, not now and not later. There is no justification for the violence you unleashed onto the poor boy. He does not know better. You should!

2 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 06, 2020
Wait allow me to finish laughing before typing.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

You said he did what? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My son is two plus and does worse. Right now as am typing he is busy jumping on me and hitting me with his toy. He does a lot of other things that make me tired of life.
Do I beat him, yes but once in a while and very mild just for him to know what he did is unacceptable.

Hes still a baby!
He prolly doesn't understand anything yet but you should still correct him.
However beating him or anybody else with a belt and locking him up in a dark room is really abusive. Kilode!

Am sure [b][/b]his mother can never do that to him.

My husband will not even try that, it will turn to fight.
Everyone knows baby boys are always hyper active.

Please try to be patient with him and stop the abuse.

6 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by michlins(m): 9:59pm On May 06, 2020
omotowo2:

He is awake and Infact ,while I was saying I am sorry ,he was busy waving his hand to say sorry ..

We are together eating cocoa pods and biscuit .

I will not beat him again.When he woke up,he was surprised to see me beside him on bed .He is a very sensitive boy .

Thank you sir
let me tell you something. That's your son. Whatever thing you he does, just remember he got the traits from you. I remember growing up and I was so stubborn and my mom was on the verge of casting me out of the family. My dad insisted that even though I seem to be bad, he sees his younger self in me.

If you must know, you must apologize to the child. Don't think he has forgiven you. He might be afraid right now and harbor a little hate which is bound to grow if you don't nip it from the bud. Tell him you love him, tell him you acted out of anger and show him your reddened eyes and remind him that he gave you that wound.

Don't take his play as your getaway gift card. Apologize

6 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 06, 2020
U are extremely lucky u are in Nigeria.
This is the surest way to lose your child and end in prison too.
Children do worst than that.
Learn other ways to admonish without cane.

He will learn and also outgrow it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Importance Of Having Children? / What Will You Do If Your Pet Suddenly Turns Against You / Told We Re Not Compartible After 7years Togeda, Really Confused Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.