Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity (3703 Views)

The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. / Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa / The Greatest Lie Of Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by ajadrage: 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2007
Why do pastors and so called "men and women of God" refuse to tell their followers that a time is coming when there would be nothing like churches nor any form of organised religion
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by Horus(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2007
Why do pastors and so called "men and women of God"  refuse to tell their followers that a time is coming when there would be nothing like churches nor any form of organised religion
Religion will soon be something from the past.
Religion have no future.
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by mrpataki(m): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2007
Horus:

Religion have no future.

Did your black jesus call you to tell you that on the phone? undecided
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by TellyB(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2007
Horus:

Religion have no future.

Ojibijibijibi!  grin Anglais is really not some of our first lingo.

So, religion will soon be something FROM the past = it will come FROM the past to the presentcool

But a contradiction comes in the second line: Religion have no future!

In which case, even though it has no future, it will still come FROM the past!

Did I hear someone giggle out of phobia?  grin
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by Horus(m): 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2007
@ mrpataki
Did your black jesus call you to tell you that on the phone
You are confusing Jesus (Myth) and Yashua (Real).
Go to study and do some research before posting the same thing again and and again.  grin
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by TellyB(m): 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2007
Horus:

You are confusing Jesus (Myth) and Yashua (Real).

So, what has Yashua done for YOU?? cool

Horus:

Go to study and do some research before posting the same thing again and and again. grin

We know how many times you have recycled your weathered fallacies. cool
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by mrpataki(m): 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2007
Horus:

@ mrpataki You are confusing Jesus (Myth) and Yashua (Real).
Go to study and do some research before posting the same thing again and and again. grin

Should I open your various bunkum posts here on nairaland for all to see where your inanity lies.

Where is Yashua now? Guess Yashua just finished visiting the toilet. Your post about him are polluting this land.
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by Horus(m): 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2007
@mrpataki 
OUT OF TOPIC,there is a thread for every different subject. Go to post your crap somewhere else.
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by TellyB(m): 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2007
Horus:

OUT OF TOPIC,there is a thread for every different subject. Go to post your crap somewhere else.

I knew that was coming. grin But it has lost its gimmick now after repeated use. cool

When you don't have anything to cover your fallacies and headaches, cry something else. Now you can cry some more, if you want to. cheesy

"Out of TOPIC," did you say? What about the "religion will soon be something FROM the past"? Was that your crap talk as well? grin grin
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by Horus(m): 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2007
My previous post was for mrpataki only  grin
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by ajadrage: 8:18pm On Jun 09, 2007
Y'all are all talkin bunkum, tomorrow you will all flock to church to allow urselves be entertained by a pastor and I won't be surprised if some of you would want to make up for a clubless weekend by turning the church floor to a disco hall
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by muyistik(m): 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2007
YASHUA IS HEBREW JESUS IS GREEK shocked
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by TellyB(m): 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2007
muyistik:

YASHUA IS HEBREW JESUS IS GREEK shocked

Lol. . . welcome.

According to Horus' factology, Greek is not his first language. And as for Hebrew, he mixes it up with Aramaic! So, if he tells you that Greek is "myth", you can begin to understand his factological malady! grin
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by Horus(m): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2007
@muyistik
Exact muyistik !!  smiley
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by TellyB(m): 10:08pm On Jun 09, 2007
Horus:

@muyistik
Exact muyistik !! smiley

Finally - here's a breakthrough to celebrate! grin
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by muyistik(m): 10:56pm On Jun 09, 2007
yashua =saviour in hebrew ,jesus saviour=greek same ni myth or real he is still lord,
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by ajadrage: 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2007
A very inconsequential arguement of lingua franca. What about some people who refer to jesus Christ as "Jesu Christi", or even say the Chinese who refer to the name as
"Ye1 su1 ji1 du1 ".

Howzat for some information

Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by TellyB(m): 8:25pm On Jun 10, 2007
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by jagunlabi(m): 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2007
LMAO! cheesy
ajadrage:

Y'all are all talkin bunkum, tomorrow you will all flock to church to allow urselves be entertained by a pastor and I won't be surprised if some of you would want to make up for a clubless weekend by turning the church floor to a disco hall
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by ajadrage: 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2007
For all of u, do u know that Joshua when translated means the same thing as Jesus. In fact, the name is actually Yehoshua and it means "salvation of Jehovah". So in other words, Joshua and Jesus are namesakes.

The Hebrew language spoken in the time of Jesus is what is known as Aramaic. This can be further understood in the Tetragrammaton which are the characters "YHWH". Most would want to pronounce this word as Yahweh and it is this same idea that brought about the calling of the Christ by the name Yeshua or Yehoshua. But if this characters are pronounced in the modern English language, it is transliterated to be the name Jehovah.

Thus, when Moses was communing with the Lord on mount Sinai, he must have heard the name Jehovah spoken as pronounced, but while putting it into writing, he wrote the characters "YHWH" and it is translated to mean "Causes to become", same thing that Jehovah means when translated, comprende?

Make una do una research well
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by TellyB(m): 10:05pm On Jun 10, 2007
ajadrage:

The Hebrew language spoken in the time of Jesus is what is known as Aramaic.
- - -
Make una do una research well

Aramaic and Hebrew are TWO distinct languages. A good research cannot mix them up.  wink
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by ajadrage: 1:01am On Jun 11, 2007
Don't get me wrong, the language spoken by the Hebrews in Jesus's day was basically Aramaic and this was the language that Jesus used in his daily communication during his time on earth.

The Hebrew language was more or less extinct in Jesus's day and has only enjoyed a rennaiscance during the 20th century.

I never said that they are one and the same language
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by TellyB(m): 7:36am On Jun 11, 2007
ajadrage:

I never said that they are one and the same language

You actually made the inference that Aramaic was the Hebrew language spoken in the time of Jesus.

It would be one and the same thing as if one should say:

The Isoko language spoken in the time of Shagari is what is known as Itsekiri

although not many people would bother as they may not know the huge difference between them.

Aramaic and Hebrew are two distinct Semitic languages.
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by lafile(m): 9:56am On Jun 11, 2007
so we are discussing languages now. interesting. can we go to yiddish now?
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by PoDeep(m): 10:18am On Jun 11, 2007
@thread starter.
What exactly are u sayin' is d big lie?
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by ajadrage: 10:25am On Jun 11, 2007
The belief in church and any form of religion is a big lie in these times of the end
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by TellyB(m): 10:28am On Jun 11, 2007
ajadrage:

The belief in church and any form of religion is a big lie in these times of the end

That's one more big lie in our times! cool
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by PoDeep(m): 10:57am On Jun 11, 2007
In what way do u suggest religion is a big lie?
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by raydar: 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2007
Hello,

I am a mechanical engineer by training.  I have been on a mission to learn more about the bible than my engineering and graduate degrees.  I told myself, I should know more because I am a Christian 24 hrs a day, and an mechanical engineer 8 hrs per day !!!

After I read the bible (all) at first nothing stuck.  I kept reading.  It finally after many years
started to make since.  We stumble because we don't read the word of God.

I was really interested in the rapture concept.  I studied, I asked questions then I formed  an opinion.  I was not sure I was right so I continued to search the scriptures for something that would give me further understanding.

As I did this, I found out that Jesus told us in Matthew 24 that the rapture would occur immeadiaimmediatelyhe tribulation of those days.  After Christians are tried just like
any other person we would be raptured.  We are being raptured from Armagedon not
from tribulation.

References :

Matthew 24
Rev 14 :6-7
1 Thes 4:16

third temple built
sacrifices begin in 3rd temple
daily sacrifices end
abomination of desolation (false god image in temple)
tribulation start
War in heaven, satan castSatan to earth
warning not to take Mark of the beast (Rev 14:6-7)
Mark of the beast
Babalon thBabylon has fallen (NYC ?/USA)
* Rapture *
Ezekiel war (Armageddon)
beast, false prophet thrown into lake of fire
satan bounSatan0 years
1000 yr reign of Christ
satan loose Satan for a season
God wins and satan thrown into lake of fire
white throne judgement
heaven and earth passes away
new heaven and new earth
With God forever
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by vigasimple(m): 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2007
If I am a scientist or any other profession or as any other intelligent person, i will be more inclined to tell you that Christinaity or some other religion will be here for a very very long time if not forver.

There was no christianity until birth of christ and 2007 years after his death and ascencion to heaven, christianity is still here.

Strangely enough some people want to prophesis and believe it will come to pass when that did not come from GOd. OVER a thousand years ago people have said that repeatedly and they are wrong, and you will be proven wrong in the fullness of time

Whether you like it or not christianity we be here many hundred if not thousands of years after ther peron with this thread will have departed from this world.

Please give your life to Christ, there you will find a good friend, you will have salvation and know everlasting peace.

Blasphemy will get you on the wrong path. May the peace of the Almighty God, our supreme father be with you in the name of our lord Jesus Christ. Remain bless and connected .
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by raydar: 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2007
I wish I had all of the answers, I don't. I have just posted what I read from my
understanding of the bible. I want the truth. I know that we are in the end time.
Only man is stupid enough to think that he controls things, or that he made all
this that we see with our eyes.

I don't need crticsim, I need a person to correct my understanding (with scripture)
so that I can learn and teach others. I know I'm not far from the truth.

No one can no the hour (of Jesus Christ's return) but we can know the seasons.

Knowledge is to be shared. Not like we do currently on earth for money.
What are your schemes going to bring us when there is no more, time, no more money,
and no more NBA, NFL, MLB, soccer, and no more sin.
Re: The Big Lie Of Contemporary Christianity by Horus(m): 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2007
Nice quote grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Purgatry Real / 419 Oyedepo / Pastor Sunday Adelaja Is To Be Unjustly Jailed - Pass This On Till Jona Hears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.