Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) (42559 Views)

Lagos Traffic In The 60s Vs Today (Photos) / See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos / Total Lockdown In Anambra State Today (Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by thegloor: 10:58am On May 07, 2020
Mstick:
Wike is ruling Rivers State like his family and this is so very wrong, countries with much higher cases than Rivers State didn't shut down pharmacies and supermarkets but this half baked lawyer did.

How do you expect people to cope till FURTHER NOTICE? I have familiy in Rivers State and I've not heard anything about palatives being given to the poor and vulnerable instead it's was given to party leaders. Rivers State is a volatile state no matter how any one choose to look at it, they're more guns in the hands of cultists in Rivers State than any other state in Nigeria and you shut the state down.

This is just a big disaster. We really need to start voting in leaders that think critically in this country.

If i talk they will say it's personal attack that he is trying to keep us safe
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by thundafire: 11:00am On May 07, 2020
fa4dmike:
Nothing dey happen, every one still dey waka as them like for oyibo.....
dis mouth dey too like cucumber
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by Nobody: 11:04am On May 07, 2020
Proudlyngwa:
Keenly following.
This lockdown is political and a vendetta.
Not just against the federal government as Wike is completely powerless and useless against them but against Fati, Chairman of Rumukrushi park operators and number one agbero( a title Wike does not want to relinquish) there.
Wike has been looking for how to stop movement and market around the oilmill asix but was finding it difficult, so he had to lockdown the whole ObioAkpor, because it makes no sense locking down ObioAkpor as a whole, when there is movement around eleme, Etche, oyigbo, igwurita and 80 percent of people around there go through eleme junction, and would have contacted whatever to go and spread in the aforementioned places.

The lockdown would have been cancelled if not that Wike will look stupid, I would like to know the purpose of this useless lockdown if it does not reach two weeks, which is the incubation period for the virus and everyone showing symptoms would have been identified, but then that is a pipe dream.

Wike has shown his toutishness once more and I expect his praisesingers to still asslick him.

You’re a very wise man.
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by ThePrima: 11:04am On May 07, 2020
awa:

Most of us in PH are happy with what Wike is doing in PH especially during this pandemic. Wike might not always be right but he is doing wonderfully well. If you think Covid-19 requires kids gloove go and find out what is happening up north before you come here to incite hatred. Wike if you are reading this or your PA, continue doing what you are doing by ensuring safety of people in Rivers. You are a great man

The CONCEPT of lockdown is good, but locking people down without massively testing them is like too much motion without movement, hence, unnecessary.

If residents were being aggressively tested during this lockdowns, it would have just been excellent and worth the pains and hardship the lockdowns cause.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by blowjohn(m): 11:04am On May 07, 2020
Maybe hes part of the new world order
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by ZeusP(m): 11:05am On May 07, 2020
No Condition Is Permanent
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by emmaelectelect(m): 11:07am On May 07, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Akpajo nothing is happening, there is free movement even at Elelenwo. There is free movement at Eneka and Igwuruta.

I foresee violence from tomorrow in Port Harcourt.

Wike will be abandoned by the FG to carry his cross.

Useless governor with no idea on governance

make we see picture of the movements ooo
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by Youngaboy(m): 11:10am On May 07, 2020
fa4dmike:

Thanks for reporting,
Wike take note oyibo is the next target.
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by jesmond3945: 11:12am On May 07, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
Thank God my babe just left pH yesterday. To come stay with me in owerri

I can't imagine staying another 2 weeks without fucking!!
I for vex for wike oo
is owerri on lockdown?
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by Shizzyguy: 11:14am On May 07, 2020
There are also very nice areas as well.

Gideon110:
Port Harcourt is not beautiful and neat as I thought it would be...
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by letilex: 11:20am On May 07, 2020
I made this mask with paper towel try it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZsIPhvQNMY
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by Shizzyguy: 11:23am On May 07, 2020
abobote:
Wike should lead like a democratically elected Governor

That's if he was truly democratically elected. Winke has forgotten that he won't be a governor forever. The thing don enter his head wella no small. I wonder what those hailing him a few weeks ago will be thinking now. On my way back home yesterday, a lot queues, the scary type, at filling stations yesterday as people were trying to refill their gas cylinders and it's been like that for the past 2 days. Same thing at Market Square and Everyday Supermarket. That his gra gra and agbero mentality since he was Chairman of Obalga has not left him.
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by dejavuh0007(m): 11:23am On May 07, 2020
fa4dmike:
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by awa(m): 11:24am On May 07, 2020
ThePrima:

The CONCEPT of lockdown is good, but locking people down without massively testing them is like too much motion without movement, hence, unnecessary.

If residents were being aggressively tested during this lockdowns, it would have just been excellent and worth the pains and hardship the lockdowns cause.

I appreciate your viewpoint. I think that one thing the government should also achieve within this window in additional to slowing the transmission.
Folks should come online with suggestions on how best to help the State come out of the woods than irrelevant show of hatred

3 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by freshvine(f): 11:29am On May 07, 2020
Mstick:
Wike is ruling Rivers State like his family and this is so very wrong, countries with much higher cases than Rivers State didn't shut down pharmacies and supermarkets but this half baked lawyer did.

How do you expect people to cope till FURTHER NOTICE? I have familiy in Rivers State and I've not heard anything about palatives being given to the poor and vulnerable instead it's was given to party leaders. Rivers State is a volatile state no matter how any one choose to look at it, they're more guns in the hands of cultists in Rivers State than any other state in Nigeria and you shut the state down.

This is just a big disaster. We really need to start voting in leaders that think critically in this country.

When Buhari lockdown Lagos, Abuja and Ogun it was justified abi but Wike locking down Rivers is a No for you.

Guns in the hands of cultists in Rivers State, what does the one million boys operate with in lagos?

The cultists group popular around lagos and Ogun state, do they operate with planks and catapults?

The omonile miscreants that's scattered all over lagos, are they better to the cultists?

Hate all you want, Wike will never be subservient to the whims and caprice of the born to rule caliphate.

9 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by Owiii(m): 11:30am On May 07, 2020
Shizzyguy:

That's if he was truly democratically elected. Winke has forgotten that he won't be a governor forever. The thing don enter his head wella no small. I wonder what those hailing him a few weeks ago will be thinking now. On my way back home yesterday, a lot queues, the scary type, at filling stations yesterday as people were trying to refill their gas cylinders and it's been like that for the past 2 days. Same thing at Market Square and Everyday Supermarket. That his gra gra and agbero mentality since he was Chairman of Obalga has not left him.
My neighbour came back from filling his cooking has yesterday past 11:00pm yesterday night.
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by Elipsis: 11:31am On May 07, 2020
Sleyanya1:

Phamarcy stores are open in my street and other parts of GRA. Wike didn't shut them down.
Wike's boys will soon get there and shut them down.

Stark illiterates harassing honest people.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by Shizzyguy: 11:32am On May 07, 2020
awa:

I appreciate your viewpoint. I think that one thing the government should also achieve within this window in additional to slowing the transmission.
Folks should come online with suggestions on how best to help the State come out of the woods than irrelevant show of hatred

To begin with, consultations should have been made with key stakeholders. Winke approach is that of a person just doling out commands and orders, threatening everyone including companies, establishments and traditional rulers. He has not tried to engage anyone and because people don't trust him, I doubt anyone will offer such suggestions because it is not likely he will at least listen to them.

2 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by Owiii(m): 11:33am On May 07, 2020
willyo:

Wow. I dey Alcon by flyover. Na inside small waka dey except mostly security vehicular movement on the major road
That's close to my house. I live at Alcon Road close to Welcome U supermarket
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by Leo3333: 11:39am On May 07, 2020
Gideon110:
Port Harcourt is not beautiful and neat as I thought it would be...

How did you arrive at that position?
Ever been to PH?
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:44am On May 07, 2020
chrisxxx:

After ranting come and call it off.
If Wike was targeting those areas like Oilmill he would implement the lockdown before Wednesday.
There are various ways to create awareness of the virus. There is no better one than this lockdown. Even if it is lifted just today, the aim has been achieved. Awarenesses has been created. Consequences of subsequent violations have been made known. Any subsequent prevention measures spelt out will be easily adopted and adapted.

One asslicker spotted,

So you lock up the center of a state because of creating awareness, this is a place with 80 percent enlightened people, what happened to the rural areas, how do you create awareness there.

Moreover your moronic Wike said he is locking down because people are not obeying him, not because he expects to achieve any health related issue.

2 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by leo047: 11:48am On May 07, 2020
Pruwa:
wike ehnnnm
that man nor dey joke at all
in my state they are quarantining amaljiri instead of sending them back asap
three don test positive sef
chai...corobaby has opened our eyes to many things
nice pix, can i dm you?
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:49am On May 07, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
Thank God my babe just left pH yesterday. To come stay with me in owerri

I can't imagine staying another 2 weeks without fucking!!
I for vex for wike oo
gud for u
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by Leo3333: 11:50am On May 07, 2020
Shizzyguy:

To begin with, consultations should have been made with key stakeholders. Winke approach is that of a person just doling out commands and orders, threatening everyone including companies, establishments and traditional rulers. He has not tried to engage anyone and because people don't trust him, I doubt anyone will offer such suggestions because it is not likely he will at least listen to them.

Who told you there were no consultations?
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by ThePrima: 11:54am On May 07, 2020
awa:

I ignore those who use the opportunity to show their unwarranted hatred for the governor; I may not like his policy, I don't even need to like him, but that not withstanding, I know he believes (rightly or not) he is doing what is best for the state, I commend him for that.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by InstagramQueen: 11:57am On May 07, 2020
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by alphaRego01(m): 11:58am On May 07, 2020
fa4dmike:

Is oyigbo very significant in Rivers? No grin grin grin
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by willyo(m): 12:00pm On May 07, 2020
Owiii:

That's close to my house. I live at Alcon Road close to Welcome U supermarket

U know Williams that sells fish pepper soup besides Welcome U?
Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by Thisis2raw(m): 12:06pm On May 07, 2020
Proudlyngwa:
Keenly following.
This lockdown is political and a vendetta.
Not just against the federal government as Wike is completely powerless and useless against them but against Fati, Chairman of Rumukrushi park operators and number one agbero( a title Wike does not want to relinquish) there.
Wike has been looking for how to stop movement and market around the oilmill asix but was finding it difficult, so he had to lockdown the whole ObioAkpor, because it makes no sense locking down ObioAkpor as a whole, when there is movement around eleme, Etche, oyigbo, igwurita and 80 percent of people around there go through eleme junction, and would have contacted whatever to go and spread in the aforementioned places.

The lockdown would have been cancelled if not that Wike will look stupid, I would like to know the purpose of this useless lockdown if it does not reach two weeks, which is the incubation period for the virus and everyone showing symptoms would have been identified, but then that is a pipe dream.

Wike has shown his toutishness once more and I expect his praisesingers to still asslick him.

what does ngwa person has to do with the affairs of rivers people? You say wike is finding it hard to shut oilmix and it axis down. It shows you don't know anything about power. Shey trans-amadi slaughter thought they are above the laws of Rivers state? Have you heard or Seen how Wike locked that place up off recent?
Whatever Wike is doing we Rivers indigens are totally behind.
No state govt in Nigeria can come out and compare the palliatives they share your the masses to that of wike own.
Note:I didn't go to any palliatives when it was been share, God has blessed me and my family the way we can survive. Let the one who can not afford go and get them

2 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by otokx(m): 12:09pm On May 07, 2020
Many people are still recovering from the trauma of yesterday, it was like the world came to an end. The rains too did not help matters.

My area of Port Harcourt is cool and calm.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) by inice(m): 12:10pm On May 07, 2020
awa:

Most of us in PH are happy with what Wike is doing in PH especially during this pandemic. Wike might not always be right but he is doing wonderfully well. If you think Covid-19 requires kids gloove go and find out what is happening up north before you come here to incite hatred. Wike if you are reading this or your PA, continue doing what you are doing by ensuring safety of people in Rivers. You are a great man
Wow! I just love you and your post. You chop belle full. I live in Obiakpor. Tell me the measures wike has put in place b4 locking ppl to die of hunger. Now that he locked down, is he carrying out testing? Selfish people like you and your governor. Will lockdown alone stop the virus from spreading? Yesterday's market jam is enough for people to contract the virus and take them to their home, lockdown with it, spread it along the neighbourhood and resume work with it after the lock down. CLUELESS PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND YOUR GOVERNOR. He would have
1. Made arrangement to distribute palliative door to door the same way they know all houses to share NEPA bills.
2. Carry out house to house testing with result after few hours and go for the infected people
3. Stop his task force and the Nigerian police from collecting bribes and smuggle people into the state.
You and your wiked wike are clueless.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Latest Update On Anambra International Airport / Pictures Of The New International Terminal At MMIA / Businessman Rams His SUV Into A Keke NAPEP Used By Escaping Armed Robbers(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.