Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! (14051 Views)

How It Feels Like To Be Intersex/hermaphrodite. The Stigma, Pain, Struggle. / Top 5 Deadly Diseases You Don't Know Exist / 4-Year-Old Child Who Was Born A Hermaphrodite In Ibadan, Oyo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 10:20am On May 07, 2020
I must start by saying most people are not familiar with the term ''Intersex''. We were formerly known as hermaphrodites. I will simply define intersex in my own term as someone who was born with a body that doesn't conform to the typical male or female body norm, it could be in their hormones, genitals, gonads, phenotype or chromosomes. Most people do not find out they are intersex until they reach a certain age or some people even live and die without knowing they are intersex. The girls do find out early when they are unable to develop breast or fail to see their periods and most of the men do find out late when they are unable to impregnant a woman. Some of us were assigned a certain sex at birth but as we grow, we tend to identify as another sex later on in life or some of our bodies tend to develop as another sex different from our assigned sex at births. Doctors/parents wouldn't really know at birth until we grow up and reach puberty or some certain age then our bodies start showing those intersex traits. Intersex has lot of variations but some are easily spotted at birth. For example, those born with both female and male organs/complicated genitals, theirs are easily spotted at birth and the parents become confused whether to raise the child up as a male or a female. Some are raised up as males and as they grow, their bodies tend to develop as females or nonbinary and their gender identity may also differ from their assigned sex at birth. Some may identify as a male, female or nonbinary (not a man or a woman in identity). Those who are born with just one genital, theirs are not spotted at birth so they may be raised up according to the genital they were born with and as they grow, some of their bodies tend to develop as another sex or some discover they have mixed chromsomes inside, streak gonads inside, lot of discoveries. For example a woman having a male chromosome XY or mixed chromosome XXY or a man having female chromosome XX or mixed chromosome XXY. Or a woman finding out she has testes inside, no womb, no ovaries, can't give birth or a man finding out he has ovaries inside of him, even undergoes menstruation, can't give birth etc. The struggles are difficult/different and many people don't understand us. Some of us tend to look very androgynous that people will confuse us for crossdressers, transgender, gay etc but those people's cases are different from ours and thats why we try to educate and create awareness on intersex community. We are one hell of a community that many don't believe we exist and many try to erase us and we are really misunderstood. Some even call us abomination and accuse us of witchcraft. Intersex doesn't just deal with having both genitals alone, it has many variations in classifications.
In my own intersex story, i was born differently with a penis and a slightly small vaginal canal opening that has been covered by my scrotum skin and i was assigned male at birth, so as a kid i was a very sick child, no one could really spot the difference from other kids. As i grew up, i never knew my body has started changing to that of a female, that explains the cramps i normally feel between my thighs, also some pains i feel during urinations and why i loved bahaving and feeling like a girl. Even all my body language like walking, sitting, posture all read female. Ya i developed a natural feminine physique, my voice didn't really deepen to a man's voice, my waist became slimmer as my hips also spread out the more, my hairline has always been feminine till now, i developed little beards as a result of the male cells still flowing in my body, i dealt with severe acne and after that my nipples started soring and at this stage my breast started developing. i had to see the doctor that ran test on me and diagnosed me as an intersex female. Life has not been easy being intersex in Nigeria but i still struggle to survive and educate others. I get stared at virtually everywhere i go and lot of people coming to ask me questions if am a man or a woman and i explain to them. You can learn more about intersex by following my page on facebook ''intersex sherry Nigeria'' you can also send me messages. I will try to reply and answer your questions.
UPDATE: for those curious minds, there was one leaked picture of me some bloggers stole online and put in their site. You can can click on this link to view the photo and story.
http://www.wisdomclass.org/2019/09/19/g/

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by antidisestablis: 10:34am On May 07, 2020
Yeah, this information will help a lot. God bless u.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Orubebe01: 10:36am On May 07, 2020
Sherry how is life in Abuja
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Kestolove(m): 10:37am On May 07, 2020
U have a small Toto under ur blockos...nawa o

5 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Kestolove(m): 10:41am On May 07, 2020
My question to u Sherry is dat, pls

Ur prick dey rise and you dey get wet dream?

You dey menstruate?

6 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by June15(m): 10:47am On May 07, 2020
Na lie jare... Show us some proves.. show us the dick and the pussy.. that's all, and we believe you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by BlueBanana: 10:48am On May 07, 2020
No one gives a fúck about your sexuality.

1 Like

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:01am On May 07, 2020
June15:
Na lie jare... Show us some proves.. show us the dick and the pussy.. that's all, and we believe you
i can't post nude pictures of myself on an online forum and again read my post very well when i said the variations varies and it doesn't just deal with both alone. comment wisely

15 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:03am On May 07, 2020
BlueBanana:
No one gives a fúck about your sexuality.
so instead of learning you trying to be like ''i don't care'' mind you, you may enounter an intersex person close to you someday in life and then you will have no knowledge. keep perishing in ignorance

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:05am On May 07, 2020
Kestolove:
My question to u Sherry is dat, pls

Ur prick dey rise and you dey get wet dream?

You dey menstruate?
I do experience erections at times but lol not morning erections, never. i'm unable to menstruate as i do not have an uterus

10 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:06am On May 07, 2020
antidisestablis:
Yeah, this information will help a lot. God bless u.
finally some sensible people. thank you

7 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by finalboss(m): 11:07am On May 07, 2020
IntersexSherry:

so instead of learning you trying to be like ''i don't care'' mind you, you may enounter an intersex person close to you someday in life and then you will no knowledge. keep perishing in ignorance
Wooh

6 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Orubebe01: 11:07am On May 07, 2020
Sherry, my questions are;
1. In your own case, do you have Ovary and womb?
2. Do you wish to go for corrective surgery?

3 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by June15(m): 11:07am On May 07, 2020
IntersexSherry:

i can't post nude pictures of myself on an online forum and again read my post very well when i said the variations varies and it doesn't just deal with both alone. comment wisely

Ni kinni.. send it to my email.
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:09am On May 07, 2020
June15:

Ni kinni.. send it to my email.
Really? does that sound nice? who does that to strangers?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Kestolove(m): 11:12am On May 07, 2020
IntersexSherry:
I do experience erections at times but lol not morning erections, never. i'm unable to menstruate as i do not have an uterus
pls do u have sexual urge? ND which gender rise ur urge? D male or d female? Have u Eva had sex? If yes with which gender?

4 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:12am On May 07, 2020
Orubebe01:
Sherry, my questions are;
1. In your own case, do you have Ovary and womb?
2. Do you wish to go for corrective surgery?
i still need to run some certain test for the ovaries but it will cost a lot and i'm proud being different. i wouldn't want to loose my gift of being different but due to the pressure am facing by Society for being different makes me consider surgery many times. I just pray i don't do it. I'm proud of myself �

10 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Hamzaay(m): 11:12am On May 07, 2020
Educative
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by June15(m): 11:14am On May 07, 2020
IntersexSherry:

Serious, I just want to confirm.. don't selfie your face.

1 Like

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:15am On May 07, 2020
Kestolove:
pls do u have sexual urge? ND which gender rise ur urge? D male or d female? Have u Eva had sex? If yes with which gender?
Yes i do have sexual urge and get erections but i do experience the female organsm, my body voibrates when cumming, but my sex drive is low. Hmm, well despite my dual nature, i still feel very much like a girl and idenfify as a girl because i am a girl so i feel for males..

22 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by CAPSLOCKED: 11:15am On May 07, 2020
WE SUPPORT YOU. LIVE. BE PROUD.

24 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Orubebe01: 11:15am On May 07, 2020
IntersexSherry:

i still need to run some certain test for the ovaries but it will cost a lot and i'm proud being different. i wouldn't want to loose my gift of being different but due to the pressure am facing by Society for being difference makes me consider surgery many times. I just pray i don't do it. I'm proud of myself �
Ok I understand.
According to you, u normally have erection, I want to know if you normally experience wet dreams (seminal discharge) as men do .
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:15am On May 07, 2020
Hamzaay:
Educative
Thank you
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:16am On May 07, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
WE SUPPORT YOU. LIVE. BE PROUD.
Thank you �

3 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:17am On May 07, 2020
Orubebe01:

Ok I understand.
According to you, u normally have erection, I want to know if you normally experience wet dreams as in seminal discharge as men do .
i explained that above in one of my above replies

4 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Orubebe01: 11:20am On May 07, 2020
IntersexSherry:
i explained that above in one of my above replies
Seen, very educative.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Kestolove(m): 11:24am On May 07, 2020
IntersexSherry:
Yes i do have sexual urge and get erections but i do experience the female organsm, my body voibrates when cumming, but my sex drive is low. Hmm, well despite my dual nature, i still feel very much like a girl and idenfify as a girl because i am a girl so i feel for males..
I would hv love to as u many questions but it might sound personal..but if u don't hv problem with it, I can ask nd i think you should go for correctional surgery,
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:26am On May 07, 2020
Is this the latest form of scamming in town now
And to think some people are developing interest already.
Next thing is email and the rest follows.
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by boss1310(m): 11:32am On May 07, 2020
IntersexSherry:
by now you must have had much experience and identify perverts immediately you see them, you better ignore him
dont bow to public pressure and keep being you afterall its all we can be on this earth

14 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by boss1310(m): 11:33am On May 07, 2020
sassysure:
Is this the latest form of scamming in town now
And to think some people are developing interest already.
Next thing is email and the rest follows.

as in you dont believe its possible or seen an intersex before

11 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:34am On May 07, 2020
Kestolove:
I would hv love to as u many questions but it might sound personal..but if u don't hv problem with it, I can ask nd i think you should go for correctional surgery,
message me on my facebook page ''intersex sherry Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:37am On May 07, 2020
boss1310:
by now you must have had much experience and identify perverts immediately you see them, you better ignore him
dont bow to public pressure and keep being you afterall its all we can be on this earth
its so annoying some people will try to strip me off my panties or tell me to send them pictures of my private part so they can believe. why humans are always shallow in judgement?? would you be comfortable showing your private parts just to prove a condition? i do have a family and have people who love and respect my private body..

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

LASUTH Performs First Kidney Transplant / 5 Ways Nigerians Relax Their Nerves / Astrazeneca Vaccine: 8,439 Mild, Adverse Effects Occur - NPHCDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.