Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,795 members, 7,798,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless (5671 Views)

Ethnic Character At A Glance - Yoruba Vs Hausa Vs Ibo / Yoruba Vs Igbo E-war Made It To American Liberal Twitter / What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 10:45am On May 07, 2020
In 1914, Lord Lugard amalgamated 2 regions (not 3). Fast-forward to 1940, the 2 regions have been split to 3 because of shallowness of our southern leaders. By 1964, the south has split further to 3 regions, making the north stronger and more powerful.

All these happened because of Igbo Vs yoruba rivalry. But why the rivalry?

Let me ask Igbos

Do you think Azikiwe would not have accepted Gowon's offer to keep the east in Nigeria and fight the yorubas in exchange for presidency? Really? The same Azikiwe that was carrying one Nigeria on his head? Why blame Awolowo and yorubas for what you know Azikiwe would have done?

Did Obasanjo (the only yoruba man so far to be president) not carry igbos along?

Did many igbos not vote APC in 2015 and 2019? So why make it seem only yoruba voted buhari when many Nigerians were yearning for change.

Did Atiku and Obi not win 47% votes of South West even when our son Osinbajo was on ballot plus massive APC rigging?

Let me ask yorubas

Will you love igbos and sing their praise if it was you that lost 3 million people in their hands? Remember that those 3 million people were not involved in the politics that led to the war.

Did Igbos not give over 40% of their votes to Abiola in 1993? Why blame them for what happened to Abiola? Was Earnest Shonekan not the president after Abiola? What did he do to bring us justice? Was Oladipo Diya not Abacha's VP? What did he do to correct the injustice?

Did igbos not vote en mass for Obasanjo in 2003 when they could have gone with Buhari and their son Okadigbo?

Has yorubas not accommodated igbos in the west? And have igbos not proven to be reasonable neighbors?

Why do we hate each other so much and can't even push a common agenda since 1914? What exactly did we do to each other that was so bad and unthinkable?

I need reasonable comments here. I don't need anybody to come here to analyze my ethnicity

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 10:55am On May 07, 2020
What exactly is our issues with each other? I need comments here
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Sunshineg5(m): 10:57am On May 07, 2020
So Yorubas killed 3 million igbos?

In the second world war Germany actually maimed Jews and used them as target practice in Nazi concentration camps but today Germans and Jews are allies.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by kynbasil01: 10:59am On May 07, 2020
We always fight each other in the south while we neglect the bigger monster.. simple reason why Nigeria is in this backward state

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Yobabad: 10:59am On May 07, 2020
Just wait the Yoruba e_worriors are coming, the will be here fighting the Igbos and will be busy selling all their land to them.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Genoa(m): 11:01am On May 07, 2020
Op use your brain, Ojukwu is responsible for the 3m Biafra death, remember this was how he dressed to ivory coast after putting Alaigbo in problem.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 11:02am On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
So Yorubas killed 3 million igbos?

In the second world war Germany actually maimed Jews and used them as target practice in Nazi concentration camps but today Germans and Jews are allies.
well you have to admit...it was Gowon and Awolowo who were incharge during those dark years.

Gowon is from middle belt
Awolowo is Yoruba...but then again the politics of that era was not done with consent of ordinary people. Just the elites.

And yes... Germany and Israel are allies now...so can we be with the igbos

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 11:03am On May 07, 2020
Yobabad:
Just wait the Yoruba e_worriors are coming, the will be here fighting the Igbos and will be busy selling all their land to them.
please take this nonsense to another thread... contribute meaningfully to this thread or leave

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Yobabad: 11:04am On May 07, 2020
kynbasil01:
We always fight each other in the south while we neglect the bigger monster.. simple reason why Nigeria is in this backward state
my brother, the Igbos have tried so many times to unite the south even on this forum, But the few Yorubas who are Muslims who always serve as a common slave to the north will not allow peace to reign

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Sunshineg5(m): 11:05am On May 07, 2020
@ emboldened

Did igbos not vote en mass for Obasanjo in 2003 when they could have gone with Buhari and their son Okadigbo

My question to your questions

Did Igbos think Buhari stood a chance against Obasanjo?

Didn't Obasanjo reward igbos by giving them major roles in his administration?

Did Yorubas not vote Jonathan ahead of Buhari and a Yoruba man in 2011.

Did Jonathan not pay us back with insults ?

17 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 11:08am On May 07, 2020
Genoa:
Op use your brain, Ojukwu is responsible for the 3m Biafra death, remember this was how he dressed to ivory coast after putting Alaigbo in problem.
smh...stop this nonsense now. This is not the thread for it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Sunshineg5(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
well you have to admit...it was Gowon and Awolowo who were incharge during those dark years.

Gowon is from middle belt
Awolowo is Yoruba...but then again the politics of that era was not done with consent of ordinary people. Just the elites.

And yes... Germany and Israel are allies now...so can we be with the igbos
Gowon was in charge sir, Gowon had all the power to act differently.

It was a military regime and Awolowo was not a military officer

If Awolowo said anything contrary to what the military wanted to hear, he would have ended up in prison himself.

Awolowo was merely part of Gowon Cabinet.

13 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 11:08am On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Did igbos not vote en mass for Obasanjo in 2003 when they could have gone with Buhari and their son Okadigbo?

Did Igbos think Buhari stood a chance against Obasanjo?

Didn't Obasanjo reward igbos by giving them major roles in his administration?

Did Yorubas not vote Jonathan ahead of Buhari and a Yoruba man in 2011.

Did Jonathan not pay us back with insults ?
exactly my point...so what is the cause of our quarrel

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by kettykings: 11:09am On May 07, 2020
i think Nigeria needs another civil war

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Sunshineg5(m): 11:10am On May 07, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
exactly my point...so what is the cause of our quarrel
Read again! that was a counter to your point!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 11:11am On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Gowon was in charge sir, Gowon had all the power to act differently.

It was a military regime and Awolowo was not a military officer

If Awolowo said anything contrary to what the military wanted to hear, he would have ended up in prison himself.

Awolowo was merely part of Gowon Cabinet.

it's ma'am not sir...and yes you have also buttressed my point. My question is what exactly did igbos do to us and what exactly did we do to them
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 11:12am On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Read again! that was a counter to your point!
then you don't even understand the thread if you thought you countered my point

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 11:13am On May 07, 2020
kettykings:
what a shameful thing to say

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by madmohamed(m): 11:13am On May 07, 2020
Genoa:
how old are you. Kid

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Oksman(m): 11:18am On May 07, 2020
Yobabad:

Please kindly leave this thread your comments are not needed here.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nexus25(f): 11:20am On May 07, 2020
The OP is wittingly and cleverly propagating a dead narrative. You're reinforcing what has been debunked countless number of times.

We can see through you.

Miss Impostor
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Genoa(m): 11:24am On May 07, 2020
Yobabad:
why is no one interested in buying your land in Alaigbo.

Poverty capital of southern Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Sunshineg5(m): 11:24am On May 07, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
it's ma'am not sir...and yes you have also buttressed my point. My question is what exactly did igbos do to us and what exactly did we do to them
What do you ever need to do to the igbos? All you need to do is to be better at anything than igbos.

Wole Soyinka won a global award, they would say it's a fluke and Achebe should have won it

Yoruba musicians are doing their thing and thriving, yet they would say they are successful because Yorubas are suppressing igbo musicians

Yorubas win AmAA award, yet they would claim Yorubas have rigged the award for themselves

Nbs release statistics, but they claim it must been a fake because Yoruba states seem to be doing better than Igbo states on an average, this is coming after one igbo governor of Delta state already claimed victory due to the fact that His Delta state placed second on the data.

What did the Yoruba pastors do to Kanu? Why was he after their lives?

Ask them those questions

19 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 11:25am On May 07, 2020
kettykings:

If you are Igbo, do not wish this please.

I’m tired of hearing that Yoruba people killed 3 million Igbos. Start another war and they would be accused of being the 2nd coming of hitler

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Sammy07: 11:26am On May 07, 2020
Grabs Chair.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Sammy07: 11:29am On May 07, 2020
The OP should ask Igbos.

Between Yorubas and Igbos, who sided with the North most? Esp in Elections.

END OF THE THREAD

13 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Blackfire(m): 11:36am On May 07, 2020
Seriously I am sick and tired of this bullsh***t of yorubas and igbos..

This two powerful but gullible tribes is the reason the black race is backward.

Awon were meji / ndi Ara nabo..

@op may the gods bless you, any day this two morons of a tribe comes together ,I give Nigeria 10 years you will see massive development which will radiates .

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Tranquillity360: 11:37am On May 07, 2020
The question should be"why must Igbos and yorubas share the same country.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Tranquillity360: 11:38am On May 07, 2020
Blackfire:

@op may the gods bless you, any day this two morons of a tribe comes together ,I give Nigeria 10 years you will see massive development which will radiates .
That day will never come.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 11:46am On May 07, 2020
Blackfire:

Add the midwest to that group only if the whole south could be one.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Bede2u(m): 11:49am On May 07, 2020
Blackfire:

it just shameful. Unless we unite like the days of obasanjo, the much awaited 2023 yoruba president will end up being a northern puppet and will spend 4 or 8 years without any enduring legacy for the south
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by lukui: 11:55am On May 07, 2020
Sweet film, let me carry chair

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of West Africa Largest Market Onitsha Main Market / 2023: More Than Five Governors, Other Top Leaders Working For Peter Obi – LP / Pastors Who Prophesied Tinubu Would Not Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.