Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:55 PM

Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless (5604 Views)

Ethnic Character At A Glance - Yoruba Vs Hausa Vs Ibo / Yoruba Vs Igbo E-war Made It To American Liberal Twitter / What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by lukui: 11:56am On May 07, 2020
Oya githem, under the belt, upper cut, jabbing, legbegbe!!! Waashere!!!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by lukui: 12:00pm On May 07, 2020
Mynd.44 I don't care if you ban me but I will post this.

They will leave their regions to Lagos, Lagos is their Paradise. Most of them don't even speak their mother tongue, all their children speak is English. When last did you celebrated Christmas and new year in your hometown. Do you even remember the road to your hometown. Some of them will claim that it is their great grand fathers money that was used to build Lagos, ehn go back to your states and leave Lagos alone for us now.
Some will say that Nigeria is zoo and that they ate going to "whatever". Mr man leave our zoo for us go back to your state.

Didn't your governors, senators, house of reps, local government chairmen, councillors, collect allocation and revenue? All the money that they collected, what did they used them for? You cry about marginalisation restructuring, when your people were in power what were they doing there? Guys like ike ekweremadu? Guys like peter obi? And so on and so on.

There are poor and rich people everywhere, no doubt about that. But you too go and develop your region and stop claiming that Lagos belongs to you.

Many pictures of Aba shows dirty streets littered with filth and stench. Buy brooms for your oeole and sweep them clean.
Even that reminds me, you usually post picture of Ibadan with brown rooftops, telling them to do something about it. Success in life is not the house that you built, it is the positive impact that you have in the lives of people around you. Your children, how you bring them up. That what success is, not big building and your children are cocaine pushers, prostitut.es and whatever.

Good people are every where, but its the bad eggs that spoiled the good ones.

Good morning nairaland
Don't bother to quote me, I won't reply.

I don't need your likes and shares, discuss the topic, not me.
Tekno sang: take project ooo forget I dey mad ooo.!!!

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Haramslayer: 12:02pm On May 07, 2020
@OP,

What I think was the problem at least from 1999 to date, was that the return of democracy and the flow of uncensored information have opened the eyes of the people. As a result, the East want to secede from Nigeria, but they are being resisted by the West. Notice that the most visible anti-secessionists on Nairaland are the Yorubas. The NC has even aligned with the East through PANSIEC. The only problem now is the Yorubas. Unfortunately, like a people who are bent on self-destruction, the Yorubas refused to see the true agenda of the North. You saw how LASG hurriedly banned both Marwa and Okada citing accidents and nuisance as reasons. But the real reason was a credible intelligence on the security threat posed by the influx of Fulanis from all over Africa enabled by the President.

I once voiced my support for the East to exit Nigeria at my place of work, guess what, the Yorubas almost lynched me. From then on, they started calling me Ipob even when I am not a member of Ipob. The Yorubas have been the ones shouting the most on issues pertaining to division of Nigeria. But this ought not to be, the Yorubas can survive and have a great country without the East. They are great administrators and forward thinking people. You need to see how they are transforming Lagos with private investments. You saw the way they handled the issue of Amotekun.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Light1259: 12:07pm On May 07, 2020
The fight between Igbos and Yorubas is the only advantage Hausa/Funia have been using to rule over us.

The better we keep aside our differences, hatred come together and save the black race the good for us and our generation to come..

The impoverish in Africa, the backwardness in Africa is too appalling, some group of people, or leaders don't mean good to us, our environment, our welfare; the development of this nation, in all sectors apparently. They don't care, they only after themselves, their families and to acquire good position.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 07, 2020
Booked
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 07, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
well you have to admit...it was Gowon and Awolowo who were incharge during those dark years.

Gowon is from middle belt
Awolowo is Yoruba...but then again the politics of that era was not done with consent of ordinary people. Just the elites.

And yes... Germany and Israel are allies now...so can we be with the igbos

This is war. No mercy. The same way igbos killed and raped hundreds of minorities during the civil war

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 07, 2020
Yobabad:
my brother, the Igbos have tried so many times to unite the south even on this forum, But the few Yorubas who are Muslims who always serve as a common slave to the north will not allow peace to reign

Igbos? Uniting? They can't even unite themselves

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 07, 2020
kettykings:
i think Nigeria needs another civil war

We need another one
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 07, 2020
Genoa:
why is no one interested in buying your land in Alaigbo.

Poverty capital of southern Nigeria.

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by kettykings: 1:01pm On May 07, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
what a shameful thing to say

Nigerians did not learn anything from the first civil war

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Bede2u(m): 1:28pm On May 07, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Igbos? Uniting? They can't even unite themselves

lol you yorubas that vote 50/50 is telling igbos how to unite? Wow
The most divided tribe in nigeria today is yoruba. 50% moslems 50% christians
50% Apc 50% pdp
50% oduduwa republic 50% one nigeria

grin you are a big muuuuu for going there. Igbos are 10000% more united than yoruba

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 07, 2020
Bede2u:
lol you yorubas that vote 50/50 is telling igbos how to unite? Wow
The most divided tribe in nigeria today is yoruba. 50% moslems 50% christians
50% Apc 50% pdp
50% oduduwa republic 50% one nigeria

grin you are a big muuuuu for going there. Igbos are 10000% more united than yoruba

That is yoruba and their problem.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by ProT: 1:46pm On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
So Yorubas killed 3 million igbos?

In the second world war Germany actually maimed Jews and used them as target practice in Nazi concentration camps but today Germans and Jews are allies.

Every single German who played a part in maiming the Jews was brought to justice.

The justice effect!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by ProT: 1:52pm On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Gowon was in charge sir, Gowon had all the power to act differently.

It was a military regime and Awolowo was not a military officer

If Awolowo said anything contrary to what the military wanted to hear, he would have ended up in prison himself.

Awolowo was merely part of Gowon Cabinet.

grin grin
If Awolowo was MeReLy PaRt Of the Nazi cAbInEt (u talked about, with respect to the Jews-German ally), are u aware of what would have happened to him after the Holocaust?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by mrvitalis(m): 1:56pm On May 07, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
well you have to admit...it was Gowon and Awolowo who were incharge during those dark years.

Gowon is from middle belt
Awolowo is Yoruba...but then again the politics of that era was not done with consent of ordinary people. Just the elites.

And yes... Germany and Israel are allies now...so can we be with the igbos
Bros the issue with Yorubas and igbos is simple let yorubas obey the zoning agreement ...simple

If u can't do that don't expect peace

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Sunshineg5(m): 1:59pm On May 07, 2020
ProT:

grin grin
If Awolowo was MeReLy PaRt Of the Nazi cAbInEt (u talked about, with respect to the Jews-German ally), are u aware of what would have happened to him after the Holocaust?
Anyone that was not a General or part of military was not prosecuted in Germany after Nazi fell.

Igbos voted Fulani that were the main brain behind your misfortune few years after the war. So why blame Yorubas again?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Sunshineg5(m): 2:00pm On May 07, 2020
ProT:

Every single German who played a part in maiming the Jews was brought to justice.

The justice effect!
@ emboldened

Not true sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by tamdun: 2:01pm On May 07, 2020
Haramslayer:
@OP,

What I think was the problem at least from 1999 to date, was that the return of democracy and the flow of uncensored information have opened the eyes of the people. As a result, the East want to secede from Nigeria, but they are being resisted by the West. Notice that the most visible anti-secessionists on Nairaland are the Yorubas. The NC has even aligned with the East through PANSIEC. The only problem now is the Yorubas. Unfortunately, like a people who are bent on self-destruction, the Yorubas refused to see the true agenda of the North. You saw how LASG how to hurriedly ban both Marwa and Okada citing accidents and nuisance as reasons. But the real reason was a credible intelligence of influx of Fulanis from all over Africa enabled by the President.

I once voiced my support for the East to exit Nigeria at my place of work, guess what, the Yorubas almost lynched me. From then on, they started calling me Ipob even when I am not a member of Ipob. The Yorubas have been the ones shouting the most on issues pertaining to division of Nigeria. But this ought not to be, the Yorubas can survive and have a great country without the East. They are great administrators and forward thinking people. You need to see how they are transforming Lagos with private investments. You saw the way they handled the issue of Amotekun.

How is the west stopping you from leaving Nigeria? U keep voting ur rep/senate to house of Assembly every 4 years, why don't you tell them to raise the issue at national assembly.
Now tell us how yoruba stop u from leaving Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by tamdun: 2:04pm On May 07, 2020
mrvitalis:

Bros the issue with Yorubas and igbos is simple let yorubas obey the zoning agreement ...simple

If u can't do that don't expect peace
Same mistake as biafra war, u claimed we had an agreement before biafra war and we asked u, with whom did you make an agreement?
Am also asking you now, what zoning agreement did Igbo and yoruba have?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by ProT: 2:11pm On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
@ emboldened

Not true sir.

Who wasn't, sir?
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by ProT: 2:15pm On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Anyone that was not a General or part of military was not prosecuted in Germany after Nazi fell.

Igbos voted Fulani that were the main brain behind your misfortune few years after the war. So why blame Yorubas again?

Could you please give me the name of any high-ranking civilian (if any) member of the Nazi cabinet that was spared?

PS
Don't distract this argument by bringing up what choices people make in DEMOCRATIC ELECTIONS; that is a different story entirely?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by lexyking(m): 2:18pm On May 07, 2020
OP may God bless you for opening this thread. first let me start with the Quote of George santayana which says that ' history is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there'

the rivalry between the Yorubas and the Igbos stems from the various half backed truths that both sides have been fed about the various events that led to the civil war.

The igbos believes that Awolowo betrayed them by not joining forces with them to fight against the northern forces during the war, let's not forget about the infamous advice that he gave Gowon about cutting off the food supplies to the eastern part, these actions when told by the older igbos to their youths, evokes some form of hatred towards the Yorubas.

The Yorubas on the other hand think that Azikiwe betrayed the trust of the Yorubas by using his position and popularity in the west to advance Igbo cause, he did this first by joining the north to kick against the introduction of the much needed secession clause that Awolowo was fighting for. then he later supported and participated in the creation of midwestern region from the west in order to weaken Awolowo and the Yorubas.

These historical events have led to the perpetual hatred between these two progressive tribes. the painful part of this is that the younger generations just accepts the biased narrations of these events without even trying to engage in revisionism so as to try to explain the rational behind why certain steps where taken by the two tribes.

my calls to the youth of both sides is to understand that similar to the game of thrones series, there rarely ever good or bad guys, or right or wrong sides. there's just people finding ways to further there own ends.

If only the youth will ask ourselves why we are engaging in dirty fight and arguments over what some leaders did some 70 years ago, why would I judge my fellow generational mates based on the actions of the previous generation? why after playing with ourselves, eat together, go swimming together, have so many fun together as kids would we grow and start looking at ourselves through the eyes of our grandparents?

Let us learn to judge ourselves based on individual actions rather than on a tribal action. let us allow our hearts and brains rather than some nonsensical prejudice decide for us what is right or wrong, let us learn to trust in each others goodness and most importantly let us choose to have faith in one another.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Sunshineg5(m): 2:22pm On May 07, 2020
ProT:

Could you please give me the name of any high-ranking civilian (if any) member of the Nazi cabinet that was spared?

PS
Don't distract this argument by bringing up what choices people make in DEMOCRATIC ELECTIONS; that is a different story entirely?
Could you give list of civilians that were prosecuted after Nazi Germany collapsed?

Or have you forgotten that Germany was divided into two immediately after the war?

So how did prosecution take place?

And please involve election results as it is a true indicator of public sentiment.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by orisa37: 2:22pm On May 07, 2020
IGBO'S JUDGEMENT IS AWRY.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Osaze007: 2:24pm On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
@ emboldened

Did igbos not vote en mass for Obasanjo in 2003 when they could have gone with Buhari and their son Okadigbo

My question to your questions

Did Igbos think Buhari stood a chance against Obasanjo?

Didn't Obasanjo reward igbos by giving them major roles in his administration?

Did Yorubas not vote Jonathan ahead of Buhari and a Yoruba man in 2011.

Did Jonathan not pay us back with insults ?

Yup Jonathan was a certified yoruba hater
I’m happy the same Yorubas dealt with him
Back to otueke

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Osaze007: 2:26pm On May 07, 2020
lexyking:
OP may God bless you for opening this thread. first let me start with the Quote of George santayana which says that ' history is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there'

the rivalry between the Yorubas and the Igbos stems from the various half backed truths that both sides have been fed about the various events that led to the civil war.

The igbos believes that Awolowo betrayed them by not joining forces with them to fight against the northern forces during the war, let's not forget about the infamous advice that he gave Gowon about cutting off the food supplies to the eastern part, these actions when told by the older igbos to their youths, evokes some form of hatred towards the Yorubas.

The Yorubas on the other hand think that Azikiwe betrayed the trust of the Yorubas by using his position and popularity in the west to advance Igbo cause, he did this first by joining the north to kick against the introduction of the much needed secession clause that Awolowo was fighting for. then he later supported and participated in the creation of midwestern region from the west in order to weaken Awolowo and the Yorubas.

These historical events have led to the perpetual hatred between these two progressive tribes. the painful part of this is that the younger generations just accepts the biased narrations of these events without even trying to engage in revisionism so as to try to explain the rational behind why certain steps where taken by the two tribes.

my calls to the youth of both sides is to understand that similar to the game of thrones series, there rarely ever good or bad guys, or right or wrong sides. there's just people finding ways to further there own ends.

If only the youth will ask ourselves why we are engaging in dirty fight and arguments over what some leaders did some 70 years ago, why would I judge my fellow generational mates based on the actions of the previous generation? why after playing with ourselves, eat together, go swimming together, have so many fun together as kids would we grow and start looking at ourselves through the eyes of our grandparents?

Let us learn to judge ourselves based on individual actions rather than on a tribal action. let us allow our hearts and brains rather than some nonsensical prejudice decide for us what is right or wrong, let us learn to trust in each others goodness and most importantly let us choose to have faith in one another.

Don’t forget Azikiwe wanted to ensure Lagos was never part of western region
And he opposed the unification of Ilorin and kabba yorubas

A real anti yoruba

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by mrvitalis(m): 2:28pm On May 07, 2020
tamdun:

Same mistake as biafra war, u claimed we had an agreement before biafra war and we asked u, with whom did you make an agreement?
Am also asking you now, what zoning agreement did Igbo and yoruba have?
If there is no zoning fine ...let's end the discussion there is no need for the unity let's all fight for our region

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by Haramslayer: 2:32pm On May 07, 2020
tamdun:

How is the west stopping you from leaving Nigeria? U keep voting ur rep/senate to house of Assembly every 4 years, why don't you tell them to raise the issue at national assembly.
Now tell us how yoruba stop u from leaving Nigeria

The West has used the enormous power of her media to demonize the fight for independence. Even, a casual mention of secession generates so much passion from them. BTW, the issue of Nigeria's division is not something that will happen in parliament. It will be like the CAR, they will keep committing genocide on small communities till it gets to a boiling point when the people, even though not armed like the aggressors, will rise up and resist. Other tribes who are fed up with the genocide of these people will join hands with the minority and resist them. You can see Southerners speaking out for the oppressed people of Southern Kaduna, Benue and Jos.

The unfortunate thing is that the once proud race that built massive empire that span into Dahomey has now been hijacked by area boys from Bourdillon who put personal interest above the interest of their people. They now think its OK to look away from genocide because its not our people.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by tamdun: 2:44pm On May 07, 2020
mrvitalis:

If there is no zoning fine ...let's end the discussion there is no need for the unity let's all fight for our region
Exactly, let everyone fight for their people, now stop blaming yoruba for everything u failed to achieve

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by gidgiddy: 2:45pm On May 07, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
What exactly is our issues with each other? I need comments here

The issue is very simple, we are incompatible people. We are just people that Lugard 'forced' into a union in 1914. How the Igbo man sees things is not how Yorubas see things. Most Igbos see Yorubas as two faced, loud mouthed cowards who cannot be trusted while most Yorubas see Igbos as untrustworthy, conniving, money minded bigots.

Both tribes will never be politically united. It was a big mistake bringing Yorubas and Igbos together in one country, it was a union of pure disaster
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by tamdun: 2:46pm On May 07, 2020
Haramslayer:

The West has used the enormous power of her media to demonize the fight for independence. Even, a casual mention of secession generates so much passion from them. BTW, the issue of Nigeria's division is not something that will happen in parliament. It will be like the CAR, they will keep committing genocide on small communities till it gets to a boiling point when the people, even though not armed like the aggressors, will rise up and resist. Other tribes who are fed up with the genocide of these people will join hands with the minority and resist them. You can see Southerners speaking out for the oppressed people of Southern Kaduna, Benue and Jos.

The unfortunate thing is that the once proud race that built massive empire that span into Dahomey has now been hijacked by area boys from Bourdillon who put personal interest above the interest of their people. They now think its OK to look away from genocide because its not our people.
The west did not stop u, ask yourself, what major step did your people take to get their biafra (pls don't bring Ipob into this), u have rep, senators, governors, pressure them to speak out instead of blaming yoruba people

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless by ProT: 2:51pm On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Could you give list of civilians that were prosecuted after Nazi Germany collapsed?

Or have you forgotten that Germany was divided into two immediately after the war?

So how did prosecution take place?

And please involve election results as it is a true indicator of public sentiment.

In law, he who asserts, proves.
It is a known fact that EVERY MEMBER of the Nazi regime was prosecuted for their crimes against the Jews.

You believe otherwise:
You: Not all (assertion 1)

You: Civilians were spared (assertion 2)

Me: Please give me names of those civilians spared.

You again: Give me list of Civilians in the Nazi regime.

Are u serious?
U asserted there were civilians, I never made that claim; how can I now give u a list?
I thought u had something up ur sleeves.

As for elections, u have not thrashed this yet, u still want to compound the discourse with elections; that would be unnecessary distraction, sir.

Let's take them one after the other.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. / Why Bola Tinubu & Muhammadu Buhari Marriage Is Falling Apart / The Black Jihad Flag Of The Kano Emirate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.