Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

How To Select The Best Broiler Breed For Top Performance - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Select The Best Broiler Breed For Top Performance (3241 Views)

How To Choose The Best Broiler Breed For Optimal Performance / How To Select The Best Broiler Breed For Better Performance / Arbor Acre Plus (best Broiler Breed Suitable For Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Select The Best Broiler Breed For Top Performance by guidefreak(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2020
Selecting the best broiler breed is one of the steps you must take to be successful as a broiler farmer. But before I say anything, I want you to know that I am excited to be writing this post finally. It has always been on my mind to answer the many question that people as when it comes to choosing the best breed of broilers to raise. All of us want to get the highest weight of broilers in the shortest time, but the problem is how.

A lot of people get things wrong from the start. What if I told you that many people get it wrong even from the question they ask? I tell you, I have seen a lot, and that is why I am happy that finally I am answering that big question that is long overdue.

Let’s take a deep breath together. Hmmmm!
You see, we have a couple of hatcheries in Nigeria, and all of them have the breed(s) that they produce. It does not necessarily mean that they were the ones who created the breed. What this means is that they have a breeding stock (or parent stock) for the unique breed(s) that they sell. This is why I feel somehow when the novice farmer joins the expert to say I want Agrited, thinking Agrited is a breed. No! Those who just say Agrited, Amo, Chi, etc. already know the breeds that these hatcheries have, but you have to find out to, instead of just saying AMO. But this is not where I am going. Let’s proceed.

Popular Broiler Breeds in Nigeria
The common broiler breeds in Nigeria include:
Cobb 500
Ross 308
Marshal
Arbor Acre
Hubbard
Anak
These are the commonly found breeds of broiler chicken in Nigeria. Although, there are some genetically modified/improved strains, especially for Cobb and Ross.

Selecting the Best Broiler Breed
If you go online to search for information about any of the breeds mentioned above, you will most likely be impressed by the descriptions you get. You might see something like "ABC breed was created to produce excellent meat within the shortest period of time. It has been bred to achieve high resistance to diseases, and it's the farmers' choice." Yes, you will usually see something around that line when searching for best broiler breed. But don't just fall for that.

If you are looking for the breed that will attain the highest value of weight indeed, then it has to be relational. That is, in comparison with other good breeds. Each of these breeds of broiler chickens were breed with the purpose of giving the said result, but which one does it best? That is the big puzzle I am here to solve for you now. So, I will simply start from the top.

Cobb 500: #1 Best Broiler Breed (Recommended)
Recently, I was chatting with a client of mine in Cameroon, who shared her 10-year broiler farming experience as a banker. Cobb 500 is her choice for indisputable reasons. She gets around 3 KG in 6 weeks, with almost no mortality. Well, you can say that she is just a banker and how can she get that, but I want to tell you something about the poultry business of this age. We have moved. Things have changed, and people are getting some eyes-popping results. By the way, she uses an imported concentrate and I must tell you that her feed is solid. We talked about her feed, and you will agree with me that Nutrition is key.
But let's leave this banker women and look at the metrics based scientific evidence. Like I told you before, I am here for you. We are going to get to the root of this thing together. NOW.

READ MORE: https://guidefreak.com/how-to-select-the-best-broiler-breed-for-top-performance/

Re: How To Select The Best Broiler Breed For Top Performance by tardhegh: 1:10pm On May 07, 2020
I have broiler birds for sale.
Average weight of 2 kg.
Reach me on 07065949712

(1) (Reply)

Big Snails In Large Quantity For Sale. / I Want To Invest In An Agricultural Business (serious Inquiry No Games) / Well Seasoned Beef Jerky Called KILISHI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.