Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,306 members, 7,780,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:43 PM

DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) (2364 Views)

SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) / DEAD END By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Short Christian Story.) / The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 4:26pm On May 13, 2020
Episode 7 Continued.

Thank you Jesus because no weapon that is formed against them shall prosper and because every tongue that rise against them in judgement shall be condemned. Thank you Jesus because there is Dominion; Thank you Jesus because the yoke has been broken.

Thank you Jesus because indeed what God has joined together, no man; no curse; no power; no principality can put asunder.

Thank you Jesus because there is Victory. For in Jesus name we have prayed.”

“Amen...” Chorused I and Dami together.

It was Saturday and the last day of the fasting and Prayer. We were in her room. Indeed, without any shadow of doubt there was Victory as the word of The Lord even confirmed it.
“Dabira, I want to go back home tomorrow after Service at Mum’s Church. So prepare, so we’ll be going together.” Dami said to me as we had dinner that night. I smiled.

“It's alright. After the Service we'll be leaving. I will inform your husband.”

“No, don't tell him. It's a Surprise.” She said her eyes glowing with excitement.

“OK.” I smiled. Though little did she know that a surprise was in store for her.

Which was?

Watch out for the next Episode..

Source :
https://peculiarinspiro./2019/05/01/dabira-episode-7/

-------------------
Remember to drop your comments. I will love to know your thoughts as regards the story.

Cc: Lalasticlala

Story Source: www.peculiarinspiro.

3 Likes

Re: DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 12:08pm On May 15, 2020
Episode 8

The early sun was just coming up.

The trees swayed softly to the cool breeze.

I walked on in the garden. I was happy but I was looking for something or someone. I didn't stop.

I moved towards a small cottage.

And there he was, sitting. He looked like he was waiting for someone too.

He saw me and smiled.

He stood up and stretched out his hands. They beckoned me to come.

I ran ! Into his arms.

The hands of my Beloved.

“My sweetheart!” He said softly as I smiled.

A hand pulled me closer and my eyes stared open.

“So, it was a dream” I thought within me as I readjusted myself.

Someone was bending down in front of me. The person's hands held me close.

My eyes were not clear yet as I was not fully awake yet.

“But it can’t be Dabira. These hands are muscular.” I thought.

“Sweetheart!” I heard again. But I knew I wasn't dreaming this time.

My heart responded to that voice. I recognised it.

“Dami!” That baritone voice that had always caused my knee to be weak called softly in my ear.

My eyes flew open.

There he was in front of me. He pulled me so close that he could feel his breath against me.

“Michael.” I called softly.

“Yes; Beautiful, it's me.” he replied gently.

“Oh my!” As said as I looked at him very well.

I had missed him. I had missed his voice. I had missed his arms.

I had missed everything about him.

“Why did I leave this man? What was I looking for?” I asked within me.

“Oh, Michael!” I called again as I sat up. He stood up a bit and before I knew it I jumped into his arms.

“I'm sorry, Sweetheart. I'm sorry for leaving like that.” I said as I wept softly against his neck.

“Baby, it's alright. I'm sorry too.” I shook my head in agreement as my eyes caught my Mum and Dabira at the slightly opened door.

Dabira winked at me.

“Thank you.” I mouthed as she nodded and closed the door gently to excuse us.

“Sweetheart”. Oh I had missed him calling me that.

“Yes.” I replied as he released me gently and made me sat down.

“Hmm; I had to surprise you this way this morning. I wanted us to attend Service here together with your Mum. So here I am.” I looked at his face, into his eyes. He was speaking with so much Love.

“I have really missed you, Dami. It was just like a part of me was tore away from me when you left. Please don't ever do that again.” He said.

“No. No, I won't. I have missed you too.” I replied.

“So how are my two favorite people doing?” he asked causing me to be confused.

“Two?”

“Yeah. You and the Little prince or princess in your womb.”

“Oh!!” I said blushing. “We're doing well. Though it might take sometime for he or she to get used to you.”

“And whose fault was that?” he asked tapping my nose playfully.

“Hmm. Never will we let the Devil drive a wedge between us again.” He said with a serious tune.

“Yeah; Never. I love you Michael. I love you so much.”

“I love you too. It's like I just realized that.” He said moving close to plant a peck on my head.

“Oh yes I am never going to let the enemy take this man from me again.” I thought within myself.

The precious one in my womb gave a kick as if in agreement.

Source: https://peculiarinspiro./2019/05/01/dabira-episode-8/

-----------

Watch out for the Final Episode.

Drop your comments, I will love to hear from you.

3 Likes

Re: DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) by Calenikan(m): 8:53pm On May 15, 2020
Nice Story

1 Like

Re: DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 10:33am On May 20, 2020
Episode 9 (Final episode.)

“Dabira.” My Mum called me excitedly one evening causing me to wonder what was happening.

“Yes Ma.”

“It's Dami; Michael called to say her water broke. She has been rushed to Dr Adeyemo's Hospital.”

I changed my clothes quickly and joined Mum and Dad as we all rushed into the vehicle and drove to the hospital.

This was about six months after their reconciliation. We had all returned to our State together and they had since been doing well.

We arrived the hospital to see Michael pacing round the waiting room.

“Michael.” I called causing him to look up at us.

“Dabira, they won't let me in. Her Mom is with her though.” he said making me pity him.

“His actions are even more than the person who is in labour.” A nurse passing by told us causing everyone to laugh.

“How do they expect me to calm down? Dami is in there screaming her lungs out. My wife has become a prayer warrior inside that labour room.” He said as my Dad patted him and pulled him to a seat.

I was praying where I stood.

Mum took a seat beside my Dad as we waited. Michael clasped his head between his legs, stamping his right leg to form a rhythm.

A cry came out of the Labour room announcing the baby’s arrival.

I moved from where I was. Michael stood up hurriedly.

The Doctor came out of the closed room smiling as Michael rushed at him.

“You have a daughter.”

“Thank you Jesus. How is my wife?”

“She is alright. Your wife is a strong woman. I brought up the idea of a caesarean section at a point but she screamed at me that there was not such agreement between her and God.” The doctor said looking back into the room.

“Oh, thank you Lord. Can we see her?” I asked.

“Oh yes. Come in.”

We entered the room, Michael taking the lead. He couldn't stop gazing at his daughter as she had her first meal in her mother's arms.

We sat down gently as Michael took a seat beside the bed and said “Thank you Sweetheart.”

Dami smiled at him in reply.

“Can I hold her?” he asked stretching his hand forward.

“Of course. Though I pray she doesn't protest.” Dami said as we laughed. She gently handed him over to him. The baby protested with a cry.

“Shh!! Dabira's don't whine.” He said causing I and my parents to look up at him.

“Dabira?” I asked.

“Yes. We agreed on that.” Dami replied smiling.

“Dabira! You are a blessing to the people around you.” She said looking at me.

“This Child will be a blessing.” She prayed as we replied “Amen.”

“She will raise up the foundations of many generations. She will live to be a Repairer of Breaches. She will be a Restorer of paths to dwell in. This child is a messenger with a message for her generation.” Dami said holding her husband hand’s and looking at her daughter's face.

“Amen!!!” We all Chorused...

THE END.

1 Like

Re: DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 10:34am On May 20, 2020

MY NOTE TO YOU.

If someone around you was in Dami and Michael's shoe, Can God trust you to reveal secrets to you?

If he reveals it to you, what would be your disposition to the information?

Will you go on your knees and fight on behalf of that person or face your business and say it is the person's problem ?

The fact remains that Dabira played a very Important role in Michael and Dami's marriage.

Do you know that another person could have been used for them if Dabira just acted unconcerned.

That person God is trusting you to help, if you don't arise to the task he'll replace you. For every Elijah already giving up, there are 7000 more prophets that can be used.

May I not be replaced.

Singles should also not forget to learn from the Couple.

They were insensitive and let sleeping dogs lie.

They didn't even know there was any sleeping Dog around. It reminds us of the fact that in preparation for Marriage, it is necessary to deal with some root problems lest they rise up unexpectedly.

It reminds us to Pray that our Spiritual Senses always be at alert.

For the prayers "Dabira" has inspired you to pray, I thank the Lord.

For the messages you have gotten from "Dabira" I bless his name.

Please feel free to send the testimonies of how this story has blessed your life.

Please feel free to keep Sharing this Story so that others might be blessed as testimonies has been coming in To The Glory of God but PLEASE DON’T EDIT out any part of Story.

May the Good Lord bless you and abide with you always.

Shalom!!

Source: https://peculiarinspiro./2019/05/03/dabira-final-episode/

----------------

Thanks for journeying with me through the lines of this story.

Oya! Share your thoughts oo.

I love you all. Merci Beaucoup.

1 Like

Re: DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) by Ayanfe29(f): 4:40am On Jul 26, 2020
Thanks for sharing this with us. I think it is time for me to take my marital prayers seriously.

1 Like

Re: DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2020
You are welcome Sis.

Ayanfe29:
Thanks for sharing this with us. I think it is time for me to take my marital prayers seriously.
Re: DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 2:46pm On Apr 06, 2021
CHOICES

Written by: Ife Grace Dada

The interview was for 8am. But by 5:30 a.m, I was dressed and out of the house. This would be the third interview I’d be attending in a week and I was hoping that one of them would at least click.  At 33, what I wanted so badly was to move into my own rented apartment and settle down with my sweetheart, Ruth.

Two years ago, I started a business with a friend who disappeared to Togo with our profit. Trusting him with the funds of the business was a terrible mistake. He was the Sunday school supervisor for my branch and I’d been blessed by his teachings. I never expected he would do something like that. That experience shook me and Dad suggested I go for my masters. He believed with the Masters degree, I’d find a good job.

When the keke napep stopped in front of the venue for the interview, my heart fainted when I saw people hanging around the building, holding either a brown envelope or a clear bag. I found a spot by the wall and leaned on it, fighting despair and unbelief.

A woman beside me was narrating how she had travelled to the UK for Masters and after the course, she had tried to stay back but had been chased back home. Since she arrived a year ago, she had been scouting for a job. If she had used the school fees to start a business, maybe by now, she would have become a millionaire.

A man with bushy beards jumped down from a bike and stared at us. He was also holding a brown envelope. The only difference was that his was old and tattered and you could see stained sheets of white paper sticking out of the envelope.

He hissed. ‘God punish Nigeria. How many positions are they offering us that they called us out here?  Nigerians are mad.’

‘The thing tire me o.’ a short pot-bellied man with bulgy eyes responded. ‘I just feel like tearing this certificate and jumping off the bridge.’

‘I have a friend who works there. She said the pay is between 40 and 50 thousand naira.’ The lady with a masters from the UK added.

‘Can you imagine. How can a Nigerian graduate living in Lagos be earning that stupid amount. And some senators are sitting somewhere eating our money.’

The discussion rolled on until the security guard opened the gate and asked us to come in. A man in dark suit came out of the office to address us. He introduced himself as the head of the HR department and divided us into batches. The reception was small to accommodate all of us. Some of us had to wait outside until we got called in.

It wasn’t until 2p.m that my turn came and by the time I was done, I was satisfied I had answered all the questions correctly.

The following week, I received mails from two of the companies. I had been rejected.

Days ran into weeks and still I didn’t hear from the others. Despair weighed me down and I just couldn’t fight it off. Mum tried to force me to eat but my taste buds had lost its usefulness. Depression was right at the door.

One Saturday morning, Ruth came to see me. My parents were out of town for a wedding ceremony and I was alone in the living room reading some scriptures in preparation for Sunday school the following day. When the words weren’t making any sense to me, I closed it and pushed my bible aside wondering what benefit serving God was. Most of my Sunday school students were gainfully employed. Young boys with nice rides. Beautiful single ladies pursuing different careers. Why was my case different?

‘Guess what? I got a job for you.’ Ruth announced as she entered the living room.

I sat up quickly and stared at my fiancée. She was grinning and rolling her eyes playfully at me.

‘Ruth, that joke is expensive. I don’t need that right now.’

‘I’m very serious. My boss connected me with his friend who is the MD of a consulting firm.  They are looking for a sales executive. I went to see him at his office and he said you don’t need an interview. You can start next week.’

I jumped to my feet and pulled her into a tight hug.  ‘Thank you so much.”

She laughed. ‘You won’t even ask how much the pay is.’

‘I don’t care right now. I just need a job. When do I start?’

‘Easy man. Relax.. You’ll be earning 70,000 naira monthly.’

I jogged round the sitting room and began to sing at the top of my voice.

Halleluyah eh, halleluyah  o

Halleluyah eh, It’s the sound of victory

Halleluyah eh, Halleluyah o

Let the sound of rejoicing fill this house.’

‘Wait! You are getting that job on one condition.’

I stopped, waiting impatiently for more explanation. Nothing was going to stop me from getting this job.

(Excerpt from the story "Choices".)

-------

Beloved, Will you make your fig leaves yourselves or settle for God’s coat of skin?�

Click link below to continue reading "Choices."��

https://peculiarinspiro.com/2021/04/06/choices-a-short-story/

Good Afternoon Beloved.�

(1) (2) (Reply)

Story, The Hiddens / Mr Irresistable 18+ / The Scandal Of Fate (my Life)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.