Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Is This True Of The Igbos ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is This True Of The Igbos ? (443 Views)

How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino / Kola Breaking Ceremony (Iwa Ọjị) Of The Igbos / History Told Us That Isiala Ngwa People Eat Humans, Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True Of The Igbos ? by Staro: 4:38pm On May 07, 2020
I found this on a friend's Facebook timeline.
I am not Igbo but I somewhat agree with many of the points raised here

WHO IS Igbo MAN?

1. The Igbo man is that man that will leave his Father's land.... Come to your Father's land and turn you into his tenant.... Peacefully ooooo

2. The Igbo man doesn't like so much noise, if you're not talking money.... You're making noise... He believes in "Ego n'ebi okwu"...

3. The Igbo man goes to Obodo oyibo. He doesn't know anybody there. Give him 6 months, he will start sending cars back home.

4. The Igbo man can wear slippers, use Nokia torch phones and may even be riding ladies machine but the figures that is in his bank account will be enough to write a full maths textbook.

5. The Igbo man gets rich. Go to the village, pick village boys, train them in business, settle them, the boys become rich, goes to the village do the same thing..... It's not magic..

6. The Igbo man, where you see nothing, he sees market. You're looking at an evil forest, he's looking is an estate, you're looking at a village girl, he's seeing a sales girl. You're looking at shit, he's seeing manure.

7. The Igbo man is not a ritualist. He's the man that kept going when others turned back. He's the man that enters a country where they say nobody survives. He's not risk taker, he's Risk itself!!

8. The Igbo man loves 'Njakili' (healthy jests) no matter how rich you're, if your mouth is not sharp, you will always be a subject of Laughter among your peers especially in "ime affia" or Umunna meeting"

9. The Igbo man believes in Training his children properly with good morals no matter how wealthy he is.... He will still nurture you to stand up for yourself because he understands he won't be here forever.

10. The Igbo man is not lazy.... He toils day and night in order for his children not to go through what he went through...

11. The Igbo man wakes up with money in his mind.... That's why they don't greet "Good morning".... They greet "Money nwannem"

12. The Igbo man Prefers a Customer to a girlfriend..... He can walk away from any girlfriend because a particular customer came to the shop...

13. The Igbo man knows how to do "Uto Nwannu" They love and appreciate themselves in diaspora.... That's why an Igbo can stand and spray a friend 2million naira.... Because they believe that "ihe imere nwanne gi but nga jidere m"

14. The Igbo man speaks Oral igbo..... If igbo man sings praises to you as his wife in dialect, you will melt and melt again

15. The Igbo man believes in "Iru uno" (going back home) .... No matter how busy an Igbo man is, he must take his family back home at times.

16. The Igbo man believes in "bili kam bili"... Live and let live... He obeys the rules of your land. Just allow him do his business, make his money and go... He can even marry your daughter just to have his way..

17. The Igbo man, when he enters an occasion, he doesn't need your food or drinks to be happy... He only needs the MC to recognize him and hail him by his titles, ife emebe!

18. Finally Any country you enter and you don't see The Igbo man..... Just know that you're no longer on earth, you are at underworld...

19. The Igbo apprenticeship system have produced more millionaires than the entire university system in Nigeria
God bless igbo indigenes

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This True Of The Igbos ? by Davash222(m): 4:41pm On May 07, 2020
God bless Ndigbo!
Re: Is This True Of The Igbos ? by chozzy: 4:43pm On May 07, 2020
Igbo Amaka !

I'm not one of you ... but I admire you guys so much.
#
Re: Is This True Of The Igbos ? by phelonrays: 4:45pm On May 07, 2020
Let me borrow..........

•••Igbo Amaka•••••
Re: Is This True Of The Igbos ? by Staro: 5:05pm On May 07, 2020
chozzy:
Igbo Amaka !

I'm not one of you ... but I admire you guys so much.
#

I'm not one of them too but almost all the points
are true.
Re: Is This True Of The Igbos ? by Akunwafor(m): 5:12pm On May 07, 2020
Staro:

you're looking at a village girl, he's seeing a sales girl.

Loooooool this though.

1 Like

Re: Is This True Of The Igbos ? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 07, 2020
TRUE but we have our issues too

(1) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Offers Scholarship To Corn Seller’s Son Who Made A Portrait Of Him / Video Of Suspended Anambra Igwes Counting Money Given To Them By Arthur Eze / Alaafin Of Oyo..oba Adeyemi@82..maye Of Yorubakingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.