Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,281 members, 7,780,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:24 PM

Do You Believe That Death Is By Fate Or Incidental? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe That Death Is By Fate Or Incidental? (250 Views)

Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / What Is That Experience That Made You Feel/believe That Juju Is Real? / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe That Death Is By Fate Or Incidental? by derealj(m): 4:56pm On May 07, 2020
I'll go straight to the point. People die everyday in this world. However, people believe that some deaths are incidental and are not supposed to happen. Well if we look at how some people survive some dangerous situations while some die from situations that are not threatening enough, should we conclude that the day a man dies is appointed to him and nothing can kill him before then?

In the movie APOCALYPTO, Jaguar paw was actually saved by a solar eclipse(imagine how rare that is). I know it's a movie but people have been saved by stranger things in real life.
Your opinions please.

Re: Do You Believe That Death Is By Fate Or Incidental? by Humanoid01(m): 5:00pm On May 07, 2020
Lol wow! Is this some sort of coincidence? I just watched that movie for the first time yesterday.
Re: Do You Believe That Death Is By Fate Or Incidental? by derealj(m): 5:09pm On May 07, 2020
Humanoid01:
Lol wow! Is this some sort of coincidence? I just watched that movie for the first time yesterday.

Interesting, I watched it 8 years ago but Mnet has been reshowing it of recent. The guy was so convinced that it was not his time yet before the eclipse occurred.
Re: Do You Believe That Death Is By Fate Or Incidental? by Humanoid01(m): 5:18pm On May 07, 2020
derealj:

Interesting, I watched it 8 years ago but Mnet has been reshowing it of recent. The guy was so convinced that it was not his time yet before the eclipse occurred.
Regarding the topic, I believe that some deaths are avoidable, while some happen at the appointed time. Some deaths occur as a result of the bad choices made by people, things just find a way to connect and yield a greater effect.

Considering Jaguar Paw's case, it wasn't his appointed time to die. He was saved by an eclipse, which "deceived" his
potential killers into believing it was a sign from their god that they he was satisfied with their sacrifices. Some may call it luck, but I call it grace, indicating that he had a purpose to fulfil.

All in all, I believe that death is a mystery! It cannot be
understood entirely.
Re: Do You Believe That Death Is By Fate Or Incidental? by derealj(m): 6:43pm On May 07, 2020
Humanoid01:

Regarding the topic, I believe that some deaths are avoidable, while some happen at the appointed time. Some deaths occur as a result of the bad choices made by people, things just find a way to connect and yield a greater effect.

Considering Jaguar Paw's case, it wasn't his appointed time to die. He was saved by an eclipse, which "deceived" his
potential killers into believing it was a sign from their god that they he was satisfied with their sacrifices. Some may call it luck, but I call it grace, indicating that he had a purpose to fulfil.

All in all, I believe that death is a mystery! It cannot be
understood entirely.

I agree with you, our actions and decisions on earth tends to contribute to the appointed time. Similarly if you have fulfilled your mission on earth then it's a go.
Re: Do You Believe That Death Is By Fate Or Incidental? by Gaggii: 7:23pm On May 07, 2020
derealj:
I'll go straight to the point. People die everyday in this world. However, people believe that some deaths are incidental and are not supposed to happen. Well if we look at how some people survive some dangerous situations while some die from situations that are not threatening enough, should we conclude that the day a man dies is appointed to him and nothing can kill him before then?

In the movie APOCALYPTO, Jaguar paw was actually saved by a solar eclipse(imagine how rare that is). I know it's a movie but people have been saved by stranger things in real life.
Your opinions please.

Only God can answer.

Ppu only fit use there understanding

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Defining Love / Jesus At The Center Of It All / Dealing With Irreversible Mistakes - Bishop Chris E Kwakpovwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.