Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,207 members, 7,780,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:12 PM

Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students (8503 Views)

Get Your Studies On Track With Accounting Assignment Help / Denmark- An International Hub For Higher Studies Abroad / Unilag studies thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 5:14pm On May 07, 2020
Hello Fam

I have created this thread to share my experience and help many who would like to study abroad and get funding for it.

Please note that you must be willing to do the work and all that is required by yourself.

I did it so you CAN do it also. And the efforts paid off and it’s all worth it.

I will share tips and answer questions as much as I can.
Feel free to ask questions.

I have a channel on YouTube where I post videos to help many prospective students looking to study abroad and get funding.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ_B7IeHWv3IWVt1XZUlYpqplehTn6nPS

3 Likes

Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 6:05pm On May 07, 2020
General advice

Start a year early. If you want to study abroad next year, you should start processing now, to have enough time for any thing that might come along.

If you’re still a student in school, work hard to finish with good grades. It helps.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by maingate27: 6:14pm On May 07, 2020
Do you have idea on necessary required document for msc?
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 6:16pm On May 07, 2020
For masters degree, you will usually need your transcript, certificate, CV/Resume, statement of purpose, recommendation letters, test scores, application fees.

maingate27:
Do you have idea on necessary required document for msc?

2 Likes

Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by bottlewater1(m): 6:28pm On May 07, 2020
Please is it possible to find a Bsc degree course for someone who is above 30
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 6:31pm On May 07, 2020
Yes. You can always study at any age. But if you have a BSc already, I will recommend going for a masters.

bottlewater1:
Please is it possible to find a Bsc degree course for someone who is above 30

1 Like

Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 7:39pm On May 07, 2020
To my story

I started the process in 2018. I wanted to pursue my masters in Computer Science and I targeted fall 2019.

I made use of LinkedIn well. Connected with many Nigerians studying in the USA especially in my field. I had conversations with many of them and they were helpful. Then I prepared for GRE and TOEFL, used 3 months to study for both. I drafted statement of purposes for all the schools. This took months. Sent them to senior colleagues and those that had gone before me to read through and give feedback.

I did WES evaluation of my BSc transcript.Then I searched for schools online using https://www.4icu.org/us/, http://www.msinus.com/content/, https://www.usnews.com/education and others. Then I listed schools where I met requirements according to my profile. I applied to 12 schools in all. I got offer from 4 schools and one gave me full funding. Was rejected by 6. Didn't hear back from 2. The rejections were first to come and honestly it can weigh you down, but you have to be strong and focused on your goal and keep pressing. The day I got the email of the full funding, I wept tears of joy because all my effort eventually paid off.

The whole process is stressful honestly. It is not very easy but you have to keep going.
Heaven helps those who help themselves.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 11:59pm On May 07, 2020
An important information!

For any country you decide to go to for studies, you need to consider some things about the location of the exact school.

Here, I have explained some vital points to consider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4f1V0jzHrA&t=58s

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 5:02pm On May 08, 2020
How do you secure graduate admission as a prospective international student?

I have highlighted all that is necessary in this video. Feel free to ask further questions in the comments after watching and can also connect with me on LinkedIn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxkxNz4iwac&t=500s

3 Likes

Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by maingate27: 5:12pm On May 08, 2020
what is the possibility of getting Msc scholarship without TOEFL or GRE?
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Plaouse(m): 6:02pm On May 08, 2020
Is it possible to apply and get an international scholarship this year? I am really, really into this. I'd be using much of your guide.
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 6:11pm On May 08, 2020
It is possible. There are still schools accepting applications if you have all the required materials at hand.

Plaouse:
Is it possible to apply and get an international scholarship this year?
I am really, really into this. I'd be using much of your guide.
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 6:12pm On May 08, 2020
It is possible. Just find the school that doesn't require those tests and still gives scholarship. However having those test scores increases your chances very well.

maingate27:
what is the possibility of getting Msc scholarship without TOEFL or GRE?

2 Likes

Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 08, 2020
I was thinking of applying for some PhD scholarships this year but coronavirus... lipsrsealed cry
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 6:29pm On May 08, 2020
What do you mean coronavirus??

Applications didn’t stop tho

iyke926:
I was thinking of applying for some PhD scholarships this year but coronavirus... lipsrsealed cry
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 08, 2020
Eniolakiite:
What do you mean coronavirus??

Applications didn’t stop tho

The pandemic got lot of stuffs on hold here in Nigeria. I will have to wait till the whole coronavirus crap is contained.
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 6:37pm On May 08, 2020
Ohh I get you now...

In the meantime, do the things you can still do.

iyke926:

The pandemic got lot of stuffs on hold here in Nigeria. I will have to wait till the whole coronavirus crap is contained.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Plaouse(m): 8:56pm On May 08, 2020
Please how may I get an international scholarship for Bcs degree. What procedures do I need to take?
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 9:16pm On May 08, 2020
Check the schools you’re interested in
Find out the requirements for their scholarship
Get all necessary documents at hand
Apply early
And hope for the best

Plaouse:
Please how may I get an international scholarship for Bcs degree. What procedures do I need to take?
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Jerryoung: 11:38pm On May 08, 2020
Does it mean that, once u are given the scholarship admission, it will cover all the expenses until one finish?
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 11:41pm On May 08, 2020
Yes if you get full funding.

Some people get partial funding.

Jerryoung:
Does it mean that, once u are given the scholarship admission, it will cover all the expenses until one finish?
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by quolahpoh: 3:20am On May 09, 2020
Good day.. thank you for the information.. I'm in my finals in a state University (Olabisi Onabanjo University) will graduate with upper credit studying business administration.. I've always wanted to do my masters via scholarship because of things down here and family isn't financially bouyant. What should i do? I want to start making plans and preparation now.
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 3:24am On May 09, 2020
Determine the program you want to get masters in.
Determine the country
Find schools that offer the program
Look through their requirements
Prepare all you need
I will advise you start doing your research now

And watch my videos on YouTube. I have explained the process and you can ask questions in the comments if you need more clarification
I will be dropping more videos to help everyone about the process...

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQr5Ig2n8F80iKtZfNCJVwQ

quolahpoh:
Good day.. thank you for the information.. I'm in my finals in a state University (Olabisi Onabanjo University) will graduate with upper credit studying business administration.. I've always wanted to do my masters via scholarship because of things down here and family isn't financially bouyant. What should i do? I want to start making plans and preparation now.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Plaouse(m): 2:08pm On May 09, 2020
Hi Kiite
In getting a scholarship, do I apply for it before getting admission or after getting an admission?

How did you do yours
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by kingel(m): 2:20pm On May 09, 2020
Is it possible to get full funding to study medicine and which country will this be possible
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Romeozigs: 2:44pm On May 09, 2020
Eniolakiite:
Hello Fam

I have created this thread to share my experience and help many who would like to study abroad and get funding for it.

Please note that you must be willing to do the work and all that is required by yourself.

I did it so you CAN do it also. And the efforts paid off and it’s all worth it.

I will share tips and answer questions as much as I can.
Feel free to ask questions.

I have a channel on YouTube where I post videos to help many prospective students looking to study abroad and get funding.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ_B7IeHWv3IWVt1XZUlYpqplehTn6nPS

Thanks for creating this thread. This is what I have been looking for. I need tips especially on what to do to secure overseas scholarship. Am Engineering inclined and am looking nat Schools in USA and Canada for full funding M.Sc.
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 3:59pm On May 09, 2020
First, have you tried to google “full funding to study medicine abroad” ?
You should find some..

If you have further questions, then ask.

Although I always advise those interested in studying medicine to do so in Nigeria. Medicine is the same everywhere and its very expensive to study it in most countries. If you can secure admission for it in Nigeria, study it here then you can go for post graduate after abroad.

kingel:
Is it possible to get full funding to study medicine and which country will this be possible
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 4:01pm On May 09, 2020
Great.

Read the beginning of this thread, I shared some points already from my experience on how to secure scholarships and some links. Like I said anyone interested must be willing to do everything themselves. Read all I wrote first.

Watch the videos I uploaded on my channel. If you have specific and further questions after, then ask in the comments section of the videos or you can come back to ask here.

Romeozigs:

Thanks for creating this thread. This is what I have been looking for. I need tips especially on what to do to secure overseas scholarship. Am Engineering inclined and am looking nat Schools in USA and Canada for full funding M.Sc.

1 Like

Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Romeozigs: 5:40pm On May 09, 2020
I wrote GRE last year but the score wasn't too good for the schools I intend to study in. Am looking at giving it a second trial after this pandemic. Please I want to ask At what point do u start looking for scholarship/ full funding. Is it after you have been given admission or when?
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 5:43pm On May 09, 2020
Start looking before you apply. Some schools want you to apply for the funding as you apply for admission. And some want you to apply for funding after getting admission. It’s always on each school’s website.

Romeozigs:
I wrote GRE last year but the score wasn't too good for the schools I intend to study in. Am looking at giving it a second trial after this pandemic. Please I want to ask At what point do u start looking for scholarship/ full funding. Is it after you have been given admission or when?
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Romeozigs: 5:46pm On May 09, 2020
Eniolakiite:
Start looking before you apply. Some schools want you to apply for the funding as you apply for admission. And some want you to apply for funding after getting admission. It’s always on each school’s website.

Thanks so much
Re: Getting Full Funding For Your Studies Abroad. Prospective International Students by Eniolakiite(f): 7:49am On May 10, 2020
You can apply for funding and scholarship as you apply for admission and you can apply after.

Different schools have different ways. Some want you to apply after you get admission and some you apply for funding along with applying for admission. And some automatically consider all admitted applicants for funding and select the best ones for funding. They always indicate on their website.

Plaouse:
Hi Kiite
In getting a scholarship, do I apply for it before getting admission or after getting an admission?

How did you do yours

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe University,awka 2012/2013 Admission Thread / Sbrs Shortlisted Candidate For Screening Is Out / EKSU Aspirant 2019/2020 Session Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.