Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Abacha Loot: Your Opinion On My Few Line Of Thought !! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Loot: Your Opinion On My Few Line Of Thought !! (190 Views)

$322m Abacha Loot: List Of States To Receive Cash In July / $322m Abacha Loot: FG Begins Cash Transfer To Poor Homes.. / FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abacha Loot: Your Opinion On My Few Line Of Thought !! by ChilamNk(m): 5:54pm On May 07, 2020
For some years now we've heard and seen the return of money amounting to billions termed "Abacha loot".

Just recently to point out, FG recovered $311 million from US. Another news of $319million in UK and France has emerged.

Some have strongly criticised him (Gen. Sani Abacha) for it while others may have sarcastically praised him.

Which ever ways, the dead is not alive thus can't speak for themselves!!

But before you conclude it at that, I will like you help analyse these few line of thought.

Do you think if General Sani Abacha had left office alive all these money would've been noticed, tracked and returned back to Nigeria?

If Abacha was able to loot such amount of money within his 5 years in office, are there no chances that other head of state that served before him did walk on that same foot path?

Re: Abacha Loot: Your Opinion On My Few Line Of Thought !! by SocialJustice: 6:00pm On May 07, 2020
Your current president has stolen more than $5b, Deziani under Jonathan took more than $5b, Obasanjo definitely took more than $5b.

The reason Abacha is being treated this way is because he was a dictator and he's dead. Even IBB vanished $12b oil windfall. This is the reason old men are struggling to be president in this country.

With a modest stealing of $1b annually, a 2 term president will go home with at least $8b.

The thing is they don't steal modestly, they steal from CBN, DPR, NNPC, PPMC, MIN. of Works and lose count of how much they've stolen. They just keep stealing until their tenures end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abacha Loot: Your Opinion On My Few Line Of Thought !! by Oluwasaeon(m): 6:16pm On May 07, 2020
Scary scary figures
Re: Abacha Loot: Your Opinion On My Few Line Of Thought !! by ChilamNk(m): 11:07pm On May 07, 2020
SocialJustice:
Your current president has stolen more than $5b, Deziani under Jonathan took more than $5b, Obasanjo definitely took more than $5b.

The reason Abacha is being treated this way is because he was a dictator and he's dead. Even IBB vanished $12b oil windfall. This is the reason old men are struggling to be president in this country.

With a modest stealing of $1b annually, a 2 term president will go home with at least $8b.

The thing is they don't steal modestly, they steal from CBN, DPR, NNPC, PPMC, MIN. of Works and lose count of how much they've stolen. They just keep stealing until their tenures end.

With such act of wickedness its worrisome what this Country will be like in the 60 years to come.

I was just discussing with my boss the other day and he said "its so unfortunate", told me how easy it was getting a job in their own days. How he had 4 employment opportunities during his nysc days 1974.

Bought 2 brand new cars one for him the other for the wife all@ k8,900 in 1982.
But here we are today!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Attacks Wike Over Demolition Of Hotels / Members Of PDP In Anambra State Raised 125m To Fight Against Covid19. / Wike Bows, Withdraws Charges Against Caverton Helicopter Pilots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.