Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) (69552 Views)

Random Facts About Ebonyi state..... / Marriage List In Okposi, Ebonyi State. / Facebook Oba Emerges In Otun-ekiti, Operating From Ooni Of Ife's Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Dpaulie(m): 8:24pm On May 09, 2020
Franciscorer:

STOP LOSING YOUR MONEY TO BET COMPANIES AND SCAMS!!!
If you have an online betting account and can stake high on a sure game for tomorrow and PAY AFTER WIN
Message me on wha-tsapp

070-860-66-768
Fraudster and ebinna spoted
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Skoopy(m): 8:24pm On May 09, 2020
The gods are going digital...... �
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Jakemedg(m): 8:25pm On May 09, 2020
alphaRego01:
Is ebonti state an Eastern state?

grin
no ebonti is the name of an island in Eastern Europe

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by xreal: 8:26pm On May 09, 2020
Selfie things
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by GreatResearcher1: 8:27pm On May 09, 2020
ThinkSmarter:
Aji Ereke Festival

That Involves maiden dance in the village square by young girls and young women decorated with beads on their waists, heads necks and legs and Akwete Ankara tied peteri style.

Unfortunately I don't have the image, as girls and women hardly turn up cuz of Christian religion influences that tabooed most of our culture.
We still rock the masquerades though in smaller numbers compared to what we used to have while I was in my teens.

These particular Masquerades are also part of the the activities.

It takes place between march and April, every year.

Place: Amagu Ikwo
Ikwo LGA Ebonyi, Nigeria
probably chatting with his babe

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by friday23rd(m): 8:27pm On May 09, 2020
Hey guys I noticed one thing about nairalanders, they are the best Nigerians, ever, believe me , Ave been here for so long but as a guest , that's 2016, trying to log in, I see people comment, the way u people handle things here makes me happy, thins that will make Twitter go crazy, will be properly handle and ironed here, lemme stop here. But many things full mind to talk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by judchuks20(m): 8:27pm On May 09, 2020
Techie masquerade! Carry go
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by BrutusOj(m): 8:28pm On May 09, 2020
Egugun is pinginnn grin
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 09, 2020
Franciscorer:

STOP LOSING YOUR MONEY TO BET COMPANIES AND SCAMS!!!
If you have an online betting account and can stake high on a sure game for tomorrow and PAY AFTER WIN
Message me on wha-tsapp

070-860-66-768
You are a thief
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Jakemedg(m): 8:28pm On May 09, 2020
alphaRego01:

If it is,why havent I visited there grin
because you can't travel out of nigeria now to ebonti island in eastern europe

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Goldeno(m): 8:30pm On May 09, 2020
So somebody cannot call thunder in peace again undecided
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by DriggityDre: 8:30pm On May 09, 2020
You ppl are crazy aswear grin grin
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Jakemedg(m): 8:30pm On May 09, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
probably chatting with his babe
correct oil dey your head
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by alphaRego01(m): 8:33pm On May 09, 2020
Jakemedg:
because you can't travel out of nigeria now to ebonti island in eastern europe

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
U hatred for dah state no be hia
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Damson22: 8:33pm On May 09, 2020
Na them, but why
Amaka
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Diego1989(m): 8:34pm On May 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
There is no doubt this egungun is either a bomber or azaman
From the second pics it is obvious he is hugging the other egungun which means client don pay

If you are a niggarrr and you understand what is azaman and bomber then you must be a real niggarrr lol
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by sirblend: 8:34pm On May 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
There is no doubt this egungun is either a bomber or azaman
From the second pics it is obvious he is hugging the other egungun which means client don pay

If you are a niggarrr and you understand what is azaman and bomber then you must be a real niggarrr

What is the meaning of azaman?.
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Emergencyson(m): 8:34pm On May 09, 2020
StrikeBack:
Masquerade wey Dey check latest corona virus update
gringringringrin
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Oyeleye101(m): 8:35pm On May 09, 2020
Checking his btc/USDT trade
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by OsuIgboIpob: 8:38pm On May 09, 2020
ruggedtimi:
The only masquerade I know that is 95% spiritual is the Togo/benin republic "Zangbeto"
Does it move?
Like move physically and not spiritually
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Bahamas95(m): 8:41pm On May 09, 2020
OP show me the pictures of the maidens now!

Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by thundafire: 8:41pm On May 09, 2020
Dat guy dey check scores
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by paschenko(m): 8:43pm On May 09, 2020
He is calling the gods. ����
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Jakemedg(m): 8:44pm On May 09, 2020
alphaRego01:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
U hatred for dah state no be hia
did you say hatred? bia enyi read your comment and correct yourself
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 8:44pm On May 09, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:

Does it move?
Like move physically and not spiritually
spirits control the masquarede.
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 8:46pm On May 09, 2020
DigitB:

That is not true.
I'm not from Ebonyi.

Some of you look down on them and call them derogatory names. They are developing very fast.

Their governor is better than the female APC puppet we has as governor in Enugu.

If those guys stop farming for one season there will be food shortage in the east.
/
I don't know about Ebonyi state as a whole but I was invited to Abakiliki during Sam Egwu's tenure. I was amazed at the serenity and cleanliness of the city. Most people talking down on Abakiliki (Ebonyi) have never gone beyond Enugu. So learn to excuse their ignorance. Abakiliki is one city I will love to live in.

There is a hotel supposedly owned by Sam's wife. The best fish peppersoup I ever had.

\

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by ThatFairGuy: 8:49pm On May 09, 2020
Mumuness undecided
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by lugo99(m): 8:50pm On May 09, 2020
Egungun be careful na express u dey go..
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Ezebinaugwu(m): 8:53pm On May 09, 2020
The moment Egungun heard that German Bundesliga is next weekend. Omo na to book games sharply

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by Lyrics269: 8:56pm On May 09, 2020
This is nigeria where anything can happen
Re: Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) by alphaRego01(m): 8:56pm On May 09, 2020
[quote author=InvertedHammer post=89371319]
/
I don't know about Ebonyi state as a whole but I was invited to Abakiliki during Sam Egwu's tenure. I was amazed at the serenity and cleanliness of the city. Most people talking down on Abakiliki (Ebonyi) have never gone beyond Enugu. So learn to excuse their ignorance. Abakiliki is one city I will love to live in.

There is a hotel supposedly owned by Sam's wife. The best fish peppersoup I ever had.

Ok.it is only in ebonti state u had fish pepper soup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanusi Lamido Welcomes Baby With His 4th Wife (Photos) / Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) / Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.