Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview (19252 Views)

Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? / A Job Interview@ LASACO / Job Interview Invitation - Has Anyone Received Invitation SMS Like This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:26am On May 08, 2020
You've finally landed that interview. Good luck! Only this time, there are tons of questions running through your mind. With interviews, you mostly have one chance to showcase why your potential employer should hire you. However, you're the least bit prepared because you can feel the following five signs staring right at you. To wit...

1. You Know Nothing About The Organization

A classic norm that won't go away any time soon is learning about the organization you want to work for. Sure, your friends, that trusted family member, or even a gardener, told you how they operate. But you still have to go one better to know things yourself.

Not reviewing a company's website shows you're lazy. If you're asked questions about the organization, you won't provide adequate answers. This shows you're unprepared, and not fit to work for them.

2. Not Being Able To Explain This: “Tell Me About Yourself”

On a normal day, this question would rattle a few people. But if this happens during an interview, it's one sure sign that you're not ready for the job. There's no getting past this question with most recruiters so you'd best prepare to answer it.

It's a basic question that needs an explanation from you. They want to get to know you, and have you speak about what you've stated in your CV. It's okay if you feel a bit taken aback but if you struggle to put together words about yourself, you're simply not ready for the interview and the job.

3. You Have A Vague Idea Of The Role You Applied For

You've been job-hunting for a while now. So any opening seems ideal to you. You eventually get called for an interview but unlike other applicants present, you're unclear about the role. That's a big red flag for employers because it shows you're totally out of your depth.

You should be ready to talk about the role you applied for. This is normally contained in the job description, and should form part of your personality before and during any interview. As such, even if you're desperate for a job, take time out to get the job description locked and loaded.

4. You Can't Answer This Question, "Why Should We Hire You?"

Taking a very brief pause to answer this question is normal. At least, you'd want to take in some air before doing justice to the question with all the information you have prepared. However, if you're stuck after the brief pause, mumble some words even you can't understand, and avoid eye contact with the interviewer, it's a good sign you're not ready for the job interview.

5. You're Extra Nervous

Most people who were successful at interviews took real time to get ready. What this does for you is calm your nerves so that you don't become a nervous wreck in front of interviewers. Shaking, talking too fast, and on a high-pitched voice shows you're uncomfortable. Chances are that you're not getting called back anytime soon.

In conclusion, all these points point to one theme - preparation. Take time out to work on yourself, learn about the organization, and practice so that interviews don't catch you unawares.
https://patrickokunima.com/5-signs-youre-not-prepared-for-a-job-interview/

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:27am On May 08, 2020
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!

Order for a professional CV @ Patrick Okunima CV Writing Services (www.patrickokunima.com) and Get a FREE Cover Letter!

Promo Ends 11:59pm 08 May, 2020.

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by Rayfield: 6:29am On May 08, 2020
Very true.
Mr. PatrickOkunima, in your expertise and experience overtime, can you give me a brief example of "tell me about yourself?"

3 Likes

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:41am On May 08, 2020
Rayfield:
Very true.
Mr. PatrickOkunima, in your expertise and experience overtime, can you give me a brief example of "tell me about yourself?"

This article answers your question.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by Rayfield: 7:47am On May 08, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

This article answers your question.
Thank you.
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by AustineCJ: 8:14am On May 08, 2020
h
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by freshkpomo(m): 8:14am On May 08, 2020
If you get employed, Good for you and if you don't it's also good for you (cos it gives you time to be innovative)

God bless Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by overseer1(m): 8:14am On May 08, 2020
Stories 4 d gods.

In dis ogbodo 9ja, it takes more than just talent to get a job. Who knows who, the highest bidder, emotions etc

3 Likes

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by LOSKYXANDER: 8:15am On May 08, 2020
Number 3 is due to the sorry state of unemployment in Nigeria. When people graduate and a job is nowhere in sight, they begin to apply for any available position. It's sad cry

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by ekundaxton: 8:15am On May 08, 2020
POSITION FOR CLIENTS RELATIONS EXECUTIVES IN A REAL ESTATE FIRM IN LAGOS ( 4 SLOTS)

We are positioning to be one of the renowned real estate marketing and management firm in Nigeria. We are a Limited Liability company registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission with core competence in Real Estate marketing and management as well as ICT Solutions and will be expanding into Project Management, Facility Management, Property Management, Commercial Retail Hubs and Real Estate Leasing activities in near future. Our Website will be launching soon!

JOB BRIEF

We are looking for competitive and trustworthy Clients Relations Executives that would work with us to build up our business activities. You will provide prospective clients with details of properties that fit their requirements in terms of price, size and location for sale, lease or rent and arrange visits to view the properties. Your goal will be - to meet and surpass the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth and is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in real estate.

JOB KEY FACTOR

You dont need to be a graduate to apply! HAVING PASSION FOR OR WITH GOOD KNOWLEDGE AND REAL TIME EXPERIENCE IN REAL ESTATE IS THE MAJOR CRITERIA TO BE SHORTLISTED!

NOTE THIS, We have massive numbers of clients already (and with more clients incoming and inbound on a daily basis) which therefore makes your the work operations already easy for you! And so you dont HAVE NEED to do any hard sales or cold calling to source for clients. You mission while working other Operation Executives would be with a major goal - SATISFY OUR CLIENTELE BASE!

WORK BENEFITS

Attractive monthly remuneration along with with daily/weekly commission

AREAS IN LAGOS TO COVER

To apply, you MUST reside in following areas of Lagos state which means you would better understand your locality better than non-residents. Please dont bother applying if you are not a resident of these mentioned areas. However, we will cover other areas of Lagos and cities soon

Area 1) - OGBA or FAGBA
Area 2) - Alapere, Ogudu, Ketu, Gbagada, Ifako
Area 3) - Egbeda, Akowonjo, Iyana Ipaja, Shagari/Gowon Estates
Area 4) - Yaba, Sabo, Alagomeji, Ebute Metta, Jibowu, Onipanu

HOW TO APPLY

Send your detailed briefed to thefinixnig@gmail.com. Include your whatsapp number. You will be contacted immediately. 09068786533

ONLY THOSE WITH REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING WOULD BE SHORTLIST AND SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WOULD COMMENCE WORK IMMEDIATELY!

REMUNERATION
Attractive pay benefits along with daily/weekly commissions

Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and successful candidates commence work immediately!
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by iCauseTrouble: 8:15am On May 08, 2020
I wonder how much this guy pays nairaland, seun and the mods to post this job thrash here daily angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by Dpharisee: 8:15am On May 08, 2020
[b][/b], please don't come and write nonsense here, this thread is to increase our knowledge about preparing for interviews. Stay clear, wait for Lala to post snake story cool

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by Calabar1stSon: 8:15am On May 08, 2020
Na person wey chop belleful dey read book![img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by Harnny(m): 8:16am On May 08, 2020
You are never ready for an interview

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by xcabczyxabczzzz: 8:16am On May 08, 2020
All the best to folks looking for jobs during this trying time, while you are at it you can't go wrong by learning a skills.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by mosho2good: 8:17am On May 08, 2020
God Almighty will surely see us through this pandemic period

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by WiszyFraud: 8:17am On May 08, 2020
Dear Op, there is no work talk more of calling for interview...... We're still struggling to overcome 2020.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by money121(m): 8:18am On May 08, 2020
Ok
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by betterman22(m): 8:18am On May 08, 2020
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by IntegralC(m): 8:19am On May 08, 2020
Make designs for your business

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by Amastermovic(m): 8:19am On May 08, 2020
zz
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by GideonG(m): 8:20am On May 08, 2020
Wow great
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by Samirana360(m): 8:20am On May 08, 2020
not true.....if u know somebody forget it, the work is urs
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by Nazgul: 8:20am On May 08, 2020
ok
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by Fisher007: 8:20am On May 08, 2020
Hmm this doesn't apply in most cases in Naija.

Should we tell them?
You think knowing all the above will get you a job or make you successful in an interview. Hmm I laugh in Spanish. Well I was once like you.

You better start working and building your network of friends.
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by Offpoint: 8:21am On May 08, 2020
They had my CV, cover letter and email, yet they still asked me to tell them about myself... Are these people OK? Do they want to know my spirit and soul ni? Oluon oba mi...

Na dem place vacancies ad and dem still dey ask me "why should we hire you" Alaye hire me because I need the fccking job

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by iLegendd(m): 8:22am On May 08, 2020
Never been prepared for one and never will. Nigerians like job too much.

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by ignis: 8:22am On May 08, 2020
Nice one
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by Truthbites: 8:23am On May 08, 2020
@no 2...'tell us about yourself'.......many people can't answer this cos,they don't know much about themselves grin
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by AmazingELixir: 8:23am On May 08, 2020
Ok

As for me I'm tired of paid employment....my target is to self employ asap.
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview by amanzejude(m): 8:24am On May 08, 2020
Physical interview is a no go area for now.
Online interview is cool, but the truth is who will call you to start physical work in this pandemic!
Anyway, for those preparing for interviews, I wish you good luck.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As per the pandemic, everyone will be fine. Let's remain optimistic and hopeful. At the end of the day, we will come out strong.

The first 400 people to like my Facebook post will be rewarded with airtime.
Once you have hit the "Like" button, inbox me the network that you use.
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214406165502535&id=1670269925&ref=bookmarks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Shortlisted For An Interview. Is It Scam? / First And Second Job Through Nairaland, Resume Today / Who Know Anything About Cflead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.