Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts (51712 Views)

Senator Orji Kalu Reacts As Buhari Re-Appoints Mustapha, Kyari / 2019 VP Debate: Uzor Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance, Reveals One Thing Ob / Orji Kalu Reacts After Seeing This At APC Campaign Rally In Ekiti State(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by freeze001(f): 12:56pm On May 08, 2020
Section396(7) of the Administration of Criminal K=Justice Act (ACJA) provides as follows:
'...notwithstanding the provision of any other law to the contrary, a Judge of the High Court who has been elevated to the Court of Appeal shall have dispensation to continue to sit as a High Court Judge only for the purpose of concluding any part-heard criminal matter pending before him at the time of his elevation and shall conclude the same within a reasonable time : Provided that this subsection shall not prevent him from assuming duty as a Justice of the Court of Appeal.”

The purpose of this provision is to cure the requirement of a matter to be tried afresh when a judge is elevated in order to save time. This is the current law today so why is the Supreme court relying on old, time-wasting provisions? The conviction is not quashed on the merits but on this issue already clearly addressed by statute?
hush15:

That will never happen! That move by either justice idris or fg who is the prosecuting counsel was either intentional or mere stupidity out of conflict of interest on the part of the judge. How can you judge a case as both a federal high court judge initially and then as an appeal judge later in during the same proceedings and hearings? When I first read the post on a different thread about the judgement, the first thing that ran through my mind is how come this guy appealed at supreme court straight? Where is the appeal court into his case? Only to realised a stupid judge and a prosecutor tried playing two judges, one man.

But looking at it a holistically, it was either a deliberate technical move to open way for Kalu or the Judge was just being stupid. Also the prosecuting counsel were just foolish and incompetent or compromised. Its just common sense cos even me that didn't study law understands this. At the end of it all, the case will just be reassigned to one that will acquit him or fg will no longer push the case for prosecution till the time of blackmail suffice again under this present regime.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by MRV101(m): 12:56pm On May 08, 2020
I weep for Nigeria.
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by GeneralPula: 12:57pm On May 08, 2020
ignis:
I am usually surprised on the level of boldness and confidence exhibited by criminals who loot public funds without apology in Nigeria.

It’s simply because they believe we Nigerians are dunce. They can do anything and get away with it. What are we gonna do? Nothing. Naso them believe. All of em!!
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by Swingate(m): 1:02pm On May 08, 2020
Hahaha, I laugh in Swahili �
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by kizyalex10(m): 1:06pm On May 08, 2020
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by onadana: 1:06pm On May 08, 2020
dangermouse:
Go and sin no more. We all know u are guilty before, so are all the other saints in this government.

No.The Supreme court ordered a retrial based on technicality. So he is a free man.You know how long this trial will take.
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by pat077: 1:13pm On May 08, 2020
The trial will take another 12 years.
They are indeed fighting corruption.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by samilly(m): 1:22pm On May 08, 2020
Speechless
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by Balaxx: 1:31pm On May 08, 2020
Kendollar696:

spoken in geological terms..
I sight you

Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 08, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:
Abia people and their state are the losers.This man single handedly looted Abia state and set the tone that brought other incompetent failures and looters like TA Orji and now Okezie.

These people are responsible for making Abia state the shithole of Nigeria and worst state in Nigeria. See the face of Aba, which is the main town of Abia state.

With this court ruling Abia state leaders are empowered to continue wreck Abia

Hate no dey tire you ??
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by Dikebuka: 1:33pm On May 08, 2020
He has been released for a reason.

I am sure it has to do with 2023, Biafra and Spoiler role.

Only time will tell..

1. He is d closest igbo politician to the political Maradona
2. His title in Duara
3. His acceptability in the North.
4. His activities from 1999-2007.

Well sha time will tell
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by 3Ceagle(m): 1:40pm On May 08, 2020
pword:
Bad news for all children of anger, Thank God the voice of the people has raising again. No matter what they do they will not pull down whom God has blessed.

Interesting, where do you stand and what do you stand for.
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by uvie66: 1:45pm On May 08, 2020
Kingpele:
Ok shame on u, u weren't aquited of your crimes against your own state, they ordered re trial on the basis that the judge who put u behind bars are not qualified to be on the seat, so you might still end up in jail, but even if u escape man justice there is one judge up there whom no one can bribe on your behalf, he will treat u as you treated public funds
This man is shameless, he was not aquitted based on the merits of the case but rather on technicalities, and we all know he is going to delibrately frustrate the justice system to avert a retrial.
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by Youngminister(m): 1:45pm On May 08, 2020
Free @last. Happy 4 u
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by enemyofprogress: 1:45pm On May 08, 2020
He has broughted back the money and gaved them their own chairs of the money. Na so we dey roll!
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by LaIabobo: 1:47pm On May 08, 2020
SmartProf:
From what I read up there, the supreme Court has not acquitted him, but only ordered that the case be reassigned for trial

The case is as good as dead. He is a free man.
A case that has been on since 2007. Now asking EFCC to start afresh in 2020. Some prosecutors have retired, witnesses dead sef.
It'll take another 10 years to get a judgement. It is over.
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by dangermouse(m): 1:52pm On May 08, 2020
onadana:

No.The Supreme court ordered a retrial based on technicality. So he is a free man.You know how long this trial will take.
Welcome to Nigeria. This is Nigeria...
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by smileyoo: 1:54pm On May 08, 2020
lol. the hand writing is on the wall that he 'll be set free, this govt gets nothing right. OUK, if the sons of the presidency set you free, you are free indeed, after all if goats that ate big tubbers of illegal yams were not disturbed, why must the cock that pecked some little illegal corns be disturbed ?
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by RTSC: 1:54pm On May 08, 2020
Apc is fighting corruption.

Sai baba.
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 08, 2020
PericomaNwankwo:
Nawaooooooo, this man deserves more than 12 years but when you consider politicians that have done worse but got away with it, justice seems useless

Meanwhile the Presidency have been trying to stop Mazi Nnamdi Kanu from speaking the truth, they have even reached out for a compromise but MNK insists on referendum .

They should know that releasing the corrupt Orji Kalu won't stop MNK from crushing the zoo(toilet trash can) called Nigeria.
Can you defend this in a court of law?
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by PericomaNwankwo: 2:09pm On May 08, 2020
bamidelee:

Can you defend this in a court of law?

You must be the god of rhetorics... Lol!! It doesn't need to be defended , the truth will surely unveil with time.
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by Adgideon(m): 2:10pm On May 08, 2020
PericomaNwankwo:
Nawaooooooo, this man deserves more than 12 years but when you consider politicians that have done worse but got away with it, justice seems useless

Meanwhile the Presidency have been trying to stop Mazi Nnamdi Kanu from speaking the truth, they have even reached out for a compromise but MNK insists on referendum .

They should know that releasing the corrupt Orji Kalu won't stop MNK from crushing the zoo(toilet trash can) called Nigeria.
he is one of ur own
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 08, 2020
PericomaNwankwo:

You must be the god of rhetorics... Lol!! It doesn't need to be defended , the truth will surely unveil with time.
Ipobians are not known as intellectuals. Simple question, you're spewing thrash.
If the man takes you to court based on this your comment, can you defend it?
Your level of foolishness and stupidity no get Chinese version.
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by dangermouse(m): 2:19pm On May 08, 2020
SpaceX:
Hmm, meaning all I have to do is join politics, loot the government pocket and spend some months in jail and get free for stealing. Bravo! I love this country.
U dont even need to go to jail. All u need is be politically correct and being in the the good books of the ruleing party.
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by junketer(m): 2:20pm On May 08, 2020
This was well planned. They arranged everything from the beginning that kalu would not spend more than a year in jail and the guilty verdict would be wiped. Anyone that thinks that these people did not know that the high court judge was also a member of the court of appeal is a dunce.
Buhari has killed everything good about democracy in nigeria.
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by PericomaNwankwo: 2:27pm On May 08, 2020
bamidelee:

Ipobians are not known as intellectuals. Simple question, you're spewing thrash.
If the man takes you to court based on this your comment, can you defend it?
Your level of foolishness and stupidity no get Chinese version.

Na Nairaland cause am, grin grin

Usu enweghi onü
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 08, 2020
PericomaNwankwo:

Na Nairaland cause am, grin grin

Usu enweghi onü
Osu, NL caused your stupidity or?
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by PericomaNwankwo: 2:36pm On May 08, 2020
bamidelee:

Osu, NL caused your stupidity or?

You have no idea how stupid you look right now, I'm entertained just watching you play the chief clown and being in control of your nerves. grin grin

grin grin

Like I said before, usu enweghi onu!!!
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 08, 2020
PericomaNwankwo:

You have no idea how stupid you look right now, I'm entertained just watching you play the chief clown and being in control of your nerves. grin grin

grin grin

Like I said before, usu enweghi onu!!!
Osu, is that the way you'll defend yourself in court?
Ewon loma kusi
Re: Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts by PericomaNwankwo: 2:45pm On May 08, 2020
bamidelee:

Osu, is that the way you'll defend yourself in court?
Ewon loma kusi

Lol, imagine person wey dey ready to fight Nairaland girls. (As in you're too dumb you don't even know that most of the girls here are actually boys) Na em want come dey mention me.

grin grin grin

You're just a tool of entertainment grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC's Reaction To The Signing Of The 2016 Budget / Fayose Stops His Convoy To Interact With An Old Woman In Ekiti / Kidnapped Students: Aisha Yesufu Reminds El-Rufai Of Chibok Girls Tweet At GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.