Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:57 PM

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches (64677 Views)

Daddy Freeze Schools Chris Oyakhilome On Criticizing Pastors (Video) / 'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On 5G: Lagos And Abuja Shut By FG For Installation Of 5G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Jadsy01(f): 11:41pm On May 08, 2020
The Senior Pastor of The Covenant Christian Centre Lagos, Pastor Poju Oyemade, has disagreed with prominent preachers against the continuous closure of churches over the COVID-19 pandemic.

Though the lockdown has been eased in Lagos, Ogun and FCT, President Muhammadu Buhari ordered worship centres will remain shut till further notice.

But founder of Christ Embassy, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, slammed the authorities for closing churches, saying they should be healing centres.

Founder of Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo, backed Oyakhilome, stating the continuous closure of churches was suspicious.

According to him, it was part of the moves to stop the church of God from expanding.

But Oyemade, whose birthday on his Instagram page, said the closure of churches does not in any way stop the Holy Spirit from working.

Making reference to the Bible, he said: “The sick healed in the book of Acts were healed on the streets, in people’s homes, in public places and not within the four walls of a Church.”

He added: “Closing the doors of a physical building does not in any way mean the closure of the anointing of the Spirit from working.

“Church buildings may be shut down but true faith and the anointing of the Spirit has not stopped working.

“There is a difference between expression of emotions and the manifestation of the anointing to heal the sick.

“There is nowhere in Jesus’s ministry where the healing of the sick was preceded by a congregational service.

“In the Book of Acts, the sick were healed predominantly on the streets with no fanciful service going on.

“Closure of a church building does not stop the rivers of living water from flowing out of your belly. It resides in our inner man.

“There was collective prayer to receive a supply of the Spirit which led to outdoor manifestations.

He referred to Apostle Paul insisting Christians don’t have to be together in a physical space to receive that supply.

“Did he not say to the Church at Phillipi, I know this shall turn to my salvation through your prayers and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus? The Church was miles away from where Paul was.

“Charles Finney began a massive revival by people praying in their homes all keeping watches at the same time. They all chose the exact time to pray and they did in their homes until the Spirit broke out on the streets.

“They did not criticise any other Church or ministry of weakness. Criticizing others doesn’t attest to the fact that you have strength. They only stayed with God until something broke out on the streets.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/oyemade-disagrees-with-oyedepo-oyakhilome-on-closure-of-churches/amp/

292 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by usibengate(m): 11:48pm On May 08, 2020
Good talk

295 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by PureGoldh(m): 11:49pm On May 08, 2020
He is on point...May God bless him for me

Kindly ponder on 1 Corinthians 6 Vs 19 and you will get to know that you as a being that is in good terms with God represents the "Church of God"

The church (building/premises) is just a physical structure

235 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Charmingrascal(m): 11:50pm On May 08, 2020
I just love this simple man of God

252 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by LearnITsmash(m): 11:52pm On May 08, 2020
Useless men of dogs, all these clowns named pastors need to be jailed for adding no value to the country undecided

74 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by aljharem(m): 11:53pm On May 08, 2020
Finally a true man of God

149 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Eazie351(m): 11:58pm On May 08, 2020
extra speaker please.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 12:02am On May 09, 2020
LearnITsmash:
Useless men of dogs, all these clowns named pastors need to be jailed for adding no value to the country undecided
Depression at the peak, non of them know you exist, so don't waste your time, channel your energy use in criticism to something profitable.

323 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:06am On May 09, 2020
You've spoken well.

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 1:06am On May 09, 2020
PLEASE where can one locate this Man in NIGERIA...?
This PASTOR is not just a Christian but a Bible-studying and believing CHRISTIAN..

They will never appreciate his INPUT.
In Fact, they will say he is POSSESSED

295 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by pyyxxaro: 1:13am On May 09, 2020
All these Pastors have turned Christianity in to a subject of Ridicule

Sad

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Openbusiness: 2:14am On May 09, 2020
I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo! Pastor Chris we know, Bishop Oyedepo we know, hu be this wan? undecided

43 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by princemillla(m): 2:30am On May 09, 2020
This is a big knock on the head for those show off miracle working pastors.

By the way why the desperation about church opening. Most of this pastors befor they have large crowd, u see them on TV radio stations preaching the gospel. I think same should happen now.

Religion is a scam

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 2:35am On May 09, 2020
The white man and Arab man’s religion has ruined my country and set our continent back by at least 500 years.

Until our people do away with religion Africa will never catch up with the rest of the world, simple and plain.

71 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by gasparpisciotta: 3:22am On May 09, 2020
Some pastors are emperors and lords of the manor in their mind, they have taken the church as an empire that must continue to thrive at all cost even sometimes to the detriment of their followers.
A healthy worshipper is an healthy church.
Even if rapture takes place on a Sunday, majority will still not make heaven....

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by honeyB2018: 3:47am On May 09, 2020
Pastor Poju, is 100% wrong. I'm not surprised he can spew this nonsense.
Lots of people, don't see and understand what Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Oyakhilome Chris is seeing and talking about. Lots of you, toeing the line of thought of Pastor Oyemade, don't know, the power of the cooperate church. If you know, you will not be in his support.
You don't know, what damage, spiritually the closure of the place of worship has done to lots of believers, lots of Christians will never be the same after this lockdown and closure Wait till the closure is lifted, then you will understand.
I stand with Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Chris. Oyakhilome.

111 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 4:34am On May 09, 2020
honeyB2018:
Lots of people, don't see and understand what Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Oyakhilome Chris is seeing and talking about. Lots of you, toeing the line of thought of Pastor Oyemade, don't know, the power of the cooperate church. If you know, you will not be in his support.
You don't know, what damage, spiritually the closure of the place of worship has done to lots of believers, lots of Christians will never be the same after this lockdown and closure Wait till the closure is lifted, then you will understand.
I stand with Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Chris. Oyakhilome.

How many church buildings did Apostles Peter and Paul build?

Atleast, they wrote over 75% of the new testament. The church in Ephisus, was it a physical building during the days of the great persecution?

Also, juxtapose your assertion with the Biblical elucidations that " the kingdom of God is within thee". Luke 17:20-21, particularly at verse 21.

Also, the old church shared everything in common and non lacked. Even those who had benefited from the good will of others but wanted to be greedy with theirs, met fatal punishment. How well has our modern church copied such precedent? Acts 4: 30-End; Acts 5.

During this period of Covid-19, how well is the church resources being shared amongst members of the church and by extension, members of the public as a tool of evangelism?

Jesus fed the congregation because He knew the importance of food to the body(biological feeding), and salvation to the soul( spiritual feeding).

How well has our church emulated this biblical precedent during COVID-19. Is this not the best time to win souls to the kingdom via the apt deployment of both mechanism?

Jesus and Apostle Peter were both leaders of the Church, both yet they knew they were trustees of the church, thus, gave good account of stewardship and didn't owe much personal property. Acts 4:32-End

Even Jesus lead by example by borrowing the a colt He used for triumphant entry. He could afford to buy one of the very best, and his actions will be justified because it is for the propagation of the gospel , but instead borrowed one. Mark 11:3.

***Take notice that this is a lame excuse being used by our religious leaders in an attempt to justify the luxurious lifestyle and the acquisition of aircrafts and phantom automobiles. But that is a discourse for another day.

From Apostle Peter's encounter with the man at the beautiful gate, it is apt to conclude that He didn't control the church resources even as a leader and pastor of the first church. He thus gave freely that which he had which was his anointing and heal the man of his infirmity. Can same be said for modern-day pastors and spiritual leaders? What changed?

Finally, lockdown has been lifted in some parts of the western world such as Italy where the church began, but the physical place of congregation is still under lockdown. Most of these pastors have church branches within such domicile, why are they not condemning the govt of such state as they do Nigeria?

Kindly educate my ignorance.

I await your timely response, God bless.

I am an Omnist and Bible student. I know there are 4200+ religion in our modern-day world, and that God is not a Christian, but He is" I am that I am".

Reference: God is not a Christian by Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

I offer my highest regards.

I have questions for my Muslim brothers too, but we will address that another day. Shalom.

519 Likes 66 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by petra1(m): 6:33am On May 09, 2020
Firstly lockdown is not necessary. Sweden did not do lockdown and they are experiencing decline in covid cases

We did not lock down during Ebola crisis yet we prevail over .

Secondly Churches are ordained to meet physically. And real christ loving Christian's who knows the bible should not speak the language of the enemy.

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by petra1(m): 6:42am On May 09, 2020
litigator:

How many church buildings did Apostles Peter and Paul build?

This is not about buildings it's about the fact that The church is a gathering. And its ordained to gather

Kindly educate my ignorance.
I await your timely response, God bless.

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

1 Corinthians 5:4
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 7:03am On May 09, 2020
petra1:

This is not about buildings it's about the fact that The church is a gathering. And its ordained to gather

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

1 Corinthians 5:4
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Has this gathering not be taking place in a family setting and online via the deployment of the online church? Has gathering stopped? Assuming there was military warfare with bombs raining down from the sky and bullets in all directions, will you advocate any form of physical assembly?

Is it in any way different from this biological warfare the world is fighting at this time?

In Acts 4:30-32, the old congregation gathered, was it in a church?

Pastors have often time posited that they saw a vision wherein the good Lord revealed to them that they will address millions and billions of congregants from a single location. Don't you think that prophecy is presently been fulfiled via the deployment of the online church as such pastors now address millions of online worshippers from one spot? Is this not a church or a gathering in satisfaction of your rejoinder?

Did the Isrealites congregate in the temple in times of war?

By the way, you did not address the second and third arm of my question. Are being dodgy and cherry picking?

215 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by petra1(m): 7:20am On May 09, 2020
[quote author=litigator post=89344790]
Has this gathering not be taking place in a family setting [\quote]

So what is the need of social distancing then . They can't meet in church but they can meet sat home.? Is not contradiction?

and online via the deployment of the online church

Online is only for partial use . A medium to reach others . It can't take the place of gathering . Can you lay hands online ?

Has gathering stopped? Assuming there was military warfare with bombs raining down from the sky and bullets in all directions, will you advocate any form of physical assembly?

Let the bomb come first . Even during persecution the church still met. The church must meet at all cost as much as possible. We gather to break communion and fellowship

1 John 1:7
we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by petra1(m): 7:28am On May 09, 2020
honeyB2018:

I agree with you

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by petra1(m): 7:33am On May 09, 2020
litigator:

By the way, you did not address the second and third arm of my question. Are being dodgy and cherry picking?

Well I felt they were no issues . The church has responsibilities to its members and I'm aware many churches send money and food to brethren and even took some to outsiders .

Somw Churches are reaching out for souls at this time both online and onsite . Because of the signs of the end times . Not all churches though . Everyone according to their revelation of God

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 7:35am On May 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo! Pastor Chris we know, Bishop Oyedepo we know, hu be this wan? undecided

You don't know him? Then speak for yourself.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 7:52am On May 09, 2020
Unnecessary debates and fault findings under this thread.

All the ministers of God were correct. Pastor Poju shouldn't have spoke ill of their demands, but to add and spice it up for balancing. There are different callings- Royal, Higher, and Holy.

Evangelical ministers moves about the streets, markets, places, etc... Pastoral ministers are like holy priests whose call is to feed the flocks when they gathered, hence the Church building according to modern wisdom and advancement.

The Church should cease to condemn each other.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by desiredhome: 9:26am On May 09, 2020
It's only the Pastorpreours using the church to enriching themselves that are complaining...
God cannot be limited to a building

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Digitalstarlite: 9:27am On May 09, 2020
Sebi is Pastors like Eneche in Abuja dat has given foods 4 d 4th time in Nigeria... D ones wit high following, d worth of dere donation has not even #10m

Na to dey collect offering every Sunday wit no impact on d vulnerable in dere church...

A country where dere is no law, dere is no sin

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by visijo(m): 9:27am On May 09, 2020
Apart From Pandemic, Quarantine, Lockdown, palliative, What Other English Word(s) Has Coronavirus Taught You ?? � embarassed

��‍♂️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by 12345DKO(m): 9:28am On May 09, 2020
This is one thing about we Christians I hate. We oppose ourselves on the pages of newspapers as well as on social media platforms. This explains why we are not being taken seriously as we ought to as a church.
Instead of this back and forth or show of shame, I expected them to have had a meeting amongst themselves and come out with a decision. Yes not all will agree and it is understandable since we are not zombies, but to be countering each other publicly like this is a shame on our pastors.
Our brothers and sisters in Islam will never do this. Yes they have their disagreements but you will never see them nor any of their followers come online to disgrace themselves as the norm is in Christianity.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by HigherEd: 9:28am On May 09, 2020
Todd's

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Wickedfact: 9:28am On May 09, 2020
Openbusiness:

You can't know him cos it takes an higher intelligence level to understand him.

62 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Men Of God Whose Prophecies Failed In The Year 2016 / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies / Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.