Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches (64871 Views)

Daddy Freeze Schools Chris Oyakhilome On Criticizing Pastors (Video) / 'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 10:01am On May 09, 2020
EmperorGodswill:

[s]We church keeps leading from the front
Some people that have never done anything worthy of note even in their compound will still find one thing to say against the church. But it keeps marching on
Some will say Pastors and other religious leaders are waiting for cure from science before they can resume their business
Virus that started from science laboratory. Who else will provide cure if not science.
Did we hear it started from any religious place.
Others will say Religion is looking up to Science in this time. Science is leading
And I ask. Are these Scientist aliens
Or don't you know their many 'religious' scientist around the world.
Even most of the men of old that fronted for science were religious men
Isaac Newton
Michael Faraday
Gregor Mendel
Galileo Galilee
Al Quarismo (famous Arab scholar)
According to the great physicist and genius of the 20th century Albert Einstein, "Science without religion is Lame."
Atheism doesn't make you are smart.
It's not by too much grammar.
Most men that change the world of science na religious men.
Atheist na talk dem sabi
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by kabanayol9(m): 10:01am On May 09, 2020
GOD bless you jare Pastor Oyemade, you have spoken well
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by enemyofprogress: 10:02am On May 09, 2020
profolaolu:
[s]Depression at the peak, non of them know you exist, so don't waste your time, channel your energy use in criticism to something profitable.[/s]
absolute super trash
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by dungburu: 10:02am On May 09, 2020
Lockdown is fighting back. No cash flow of tithe and offering, you know how many billions they've loosed so far. They have to fight back. Meanwhile, they are only fighting for their pocket. No for any good reason. Papa is pained.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by stephenponti(m): 10:02am On May 09, 2020
petra1:
Firstly lockdown is not necessary. Sweden did not do lockdown and they are experiencing decline in covid cases

We did not lock down during Ebola crisis yet we prevail over .

Secondly Churches are ordained to meet physically. And real christ loving Christian's who knows the bible should not speak the language of the enemy.

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching

"As the manner of some" that means even in the days of Paul not every christian was assembling together.
Any one can get exhortation from any chosen angle in this era of printed bible, digital bible, audio bible, all thanks to Williams Tindale who translated the first Bible to English. So anybody can choose the best way that suits him, to grow in the knowledge of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Naijaarchive(m): 10:02am On May 09, 2020
Good point... Same men of God who once told us our body is the temple of God and church exist wherever 2 or more pple gather.... A family of 2,3,4 or more can hold a church anywhere and their prayers will be answered.... So why clamoring for the physical building to be opened

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Toks2008(m): 10:03am On May 09, 2020
As a believer, I strongly believe in the healing power of Christ Jesus but then we need to ask ourselves some deep questions at this crucial time.

We have seen many healing programs organized by some churches,... Miracle hour, Atmosphere for miracles, The healing hour, Anointing oil for miracles service just to mention a few. So I begin to wonder why these Pastors have not dimmed it fit to storm hospitals to pray for coronavirus patients.

I believe in the miraculous power of JESUS but any Pastor who can not go to hospitals at this point in time to pray for coronavirus patients with healing results should not bother about organizing any healing service or program once this Pandemic is over.

If your faith is not strong enough to visit hospitals to pray for coronavirus patients then you have no business gathering people for Healing programs. This baseless Chalaniganicious act by some "Men of GOD" must Stop.

GOD CAN NOT BE MOCKED .

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Akolawole(m): 10:03am On May 09, 2020
aljharem:
Finally a true man of God

There are many true men of God in our country.

Pastor Kumuyi remains evergreen so is Pastor Gbile Akanni.

Many more too...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by fredoooooo: 10:03am On May 09, 2020
Ori Oledepo ti gba concrete grin
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by mechanics(m): 10:03am On May 09, 2020
Sure, he's right, we can also gather in our homes and worship God and the same power that flows in the church will also flow in the homes, maybe because the tithes and offerings won't be much as before again o.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:04am On May 09, 2020
petra1:
Firstly lockdown is not necessary. Sweden did not do lockdown and they are experiencing decline in covid cases

We did not lock down during Ebola crisis yet we prevail over .

Secondly Churches are ordained to meet physically. And real christ loving Christian's who knows the bible should not speak the language of the enemy.

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching

How many really went back to check Corona virus cases in Sweden? Many are spewing Sweden because a prominent Pastor, especially one from PH who has never done proper work but feed off his member is posting Sweden all over his facebook acounts. This is a Pastor who is clearly crossed that revenues are fast depleting.

Firstly we can never compare ourselves to Sweden, which had a population of just about 20million. Also, while Swedish actively follow social distancing rules, same cannot be said about Nigeria, where poverty drove people out in their number, with crowds flooding the street sardined all over each other.

While they claim no lock down, bars are closed, use of public transport dropped significantly, and over a third of people are now working from home in Sweden. Doesn't that sound like a lock down.

That said Sweden still has over 25 thousand documented cases of Corona virus and counting, so it not yet uhuru for them..

A link below if you want to read for your self

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-52395866

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by nikdam: 10:04am On May 09, 2020
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Jadsy01(f): 10:04am On May 09, 2020
Recall that Pastor Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy and Bishop Oyedepo of Winners Chapel criticized the federal government for sidelining churches when it eased the lockdown in Lagos, Ogun, and Abuja. In his response to this criticism, Pastor Oyemade said the closure of churches does not in any way stop the Holy Spirit from working. Making reference to the Bible, he said: “The sick healed in the book of Acts were healed on the streets, in people’s homes, in public places and not within the four walls of a Church.” - www.ekomiami.com.ng-

He said true faith and the anointing of the Spirit has not stopped working even though churches have been shut down. Pastor Oyemade said: “Closing the doors of a physical building does not in any way mean the closure of the anointing of the Spirit from working. “Church buildings may be shut down but true faith and the anointing of the Spirit has not stopped working.” According to the man of God, there is nowhere in Jesus’s ministry where the healing of the sick was preceded by a congregational service.

See the post here - https://www.ekomiami.com.ng/2020/05/08/pastor-oyemade-disagrees-with-oyedepo-oyakhilome-on-the-closure-of-churches/

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by ChiefAfonja: 10:05am On May 09, 2020
petra1:

This is not about buildings it's about the fact that The church is a gathering. And its ordained to gather

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

1 Corinthians 5:4
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

When two or 3 members of a household or family gather so God's presence won't be there abi

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Kristaz(m): 10:05am On May 09, 2020
Churches should be opened. I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo. Corporate worship is very powerful form of worship. I don't really know the spirit that is working in Pastor Poju.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Jadsy01(f): 10:06am On May 09, 2020
Recall that Pastor Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy and Bishop Oyedepo of Winners Chapel criticized the federal government for sidelining churches when it eased the lockdown in Lagos, Ogun, and Abuja. In his response to this criticism, Pastor Oyemade said the closure of churches does not in any way stop the Holy Spirit from working. Making reference to the Bible, he said: “The sick healed in the book of Acts were healed on the streets, in people’s homes, in public places and not within the four walls of a Church.”

He said true faith and the anointing of the Spirit has not stopped working even though churches have been shut down. Pastor Oyemade said: “Closing the doors of a physical building does not in any way mean the closure of the anointing of the Spirit from working. “Church buildings may be shut down but true faith and the anointing of the Spirit has not stopped working.” According to the man of God, there is nowhere in Jesus’s ministry where the healing of the sick was preceded by a congregational service.

See the post here - https://www.ekomiami.com.ng/2020/05/08/pastor-oyemade-disagrees-with-oyedepo-oyakhilome-on-the-closure-of-churches/
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by EmperorGodswill: 10:06am On May 09, 2020
tfelicityk:
With all this places of worship in this Nation - why is the Nation suffering from good leaders? Why are the leaders Highly religious but UnGodly?

The church keeps leading from the front
Some people that have never done anything worthy of note even in their compound will still find one thing to say against the church. But it keeps marching on
Some will say Pastors and other religious leaders are waiting for cure from science before they can resume their business
Virus that started from science laboratory. Who else will provide cure if not science.
Did we hear it started from any religious place.
Others will say Religion is looking up to Science in this time. Science is leading
And I ask. Are these Scientist aliens
Or don't you know their many 'religious' scientist around the world.
Even most of the men of old that fronted for science were religious men
Isaac Newton
Michael Faraday
Gregor Mendel
Galileo Galilee
Al Quarismo (famous Arab scholar)
According to the great physicist and genius of the 20th century Albert Einstein, "Science without religion is Lame."
Atheism doesn't make you are smart.
It's not by too much grammar.
Most men that change the world of science na religious men.
Atheist na talk dem sabi
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 10:07am On May 09, 2020
honeyB2018:
Pastor Poju, is 100% wrong. I'm not surprised he can spew this nonsense.
Lots of people, don't see and understand what Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Oyakhilome Chris is seeing and talking about. Lots of you, toeing the line of thought of Pastor Oyemade, don't know, the power of the cooperate church. If you know, you will not be in his support.
You don't know, what damage, spiritually the closure of the place of worship has done to lots of believers, lots of Christians will never be the same after this lockdown and closure Wait till the closure is lifted, then you will understand.
I stand with Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Chris. Oyakhilome.

This lockdown brought me closer to God than ever since i was born. Your body is the temple of God. And God will NOT hesitate to come in as soon as you are ready.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by K4daniel: 10:08am On May 09, 2020
Act 3v1-3 Peter and John were on their way to the temple to pray daily. They met a lame man.

Now is it that they couldn't pray in their own house?

Brethren wake up, the disadvantages are more than the benefit, fellowship in the physical building of churches is a total different experience from the one you do in your home. Wake up.

The devils and witches are just happy these churches are locked down due to covid 19.

In Tanzania the president is very smart allows churches to open. He relies on God help them not our physical power.Non of them could get vaccine yet they are closing place of worship where people could get mercy

My own is, it is the new converts among these churches that will suffer..some will go back to their vommit.The spirituality of new converts and souls will shrink, Many will backslide, many will go back to the devil.

See what happen when you visit a genuine church.you go to church and you have spiritual rejuvenation , you are serviced for the day like your car. The presence of God cleanse and fill your spirit man. Makes you high and charged, keep you protected from the witches and demons in your environment. If you dont go to church for years you will only experience his awesome presence within you and not the corporate Annointing that keeps the body of Christ. N.B Only spiriritual men will understand.

I love pastor poju but i still stand with Bishop Oyedepo and pastor Chris on this.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Olarewaju89: 10:10am On May 09, 2020
Some churches have no place in the kingdom of God. So, the pastor and the members are just there as sign-post. They don't have anywhere to go.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by petra1(m): 10:11am On May 09, 2020
ChiefAfonja:

When two or 3 members of a household or family gather so God's presence won't be there abi

His presence is there but that doesn’t suffice for the church . The church has structure of leadership which no man can Take upon themselves
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by MansoryMX(m): 10:11am On May 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo! Pastor Chris we know, Bishop Oyedepo we know, hu be this wan? undecided

Just look at this f00l

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by OKTolu: 10:13am On May 09, 2020
pastor oyemade you nail it, I know we still have true men of God though they're few and not the likes of gods of men who only interest is in their pocket and how to fly private jet up and down while their members are suffering. Hmmmm when we get to heaven there are some popular men of God that we know here that will not make heaven while you'll see street preachers who nobody give a damn to sitting with the king of glory because our God is no respecter of anybody.
Let's wise up in our dealings with religion matter,the Bible is there to guide us.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:14am On May 09, 2020
Kristaz:
Churches should be opened. I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo. Corporate worship is very powerful form of worship. I don't really know the spirit that is working in Pastor Poju.

How has the co-operate worship played out for Nigerians and the impoverished Africa. Despite over 90% of Chinese being Atheist, they are building the worlds largest Economy. However, the towns overwhelmed with these Pentecostal Pastors are currently overwhelmed with gross stagnation

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by ChiefAfonja: 10:14am On May 09, 2020
petra1:

His presence is there but that doesn’t suffice for the church . The church has structure of leadership which no man can Take upon themselves

Stop deceiving your self.

These men are really missing the tithes and offerings

And the worship multitudes worship them

Even God hate foolishness thats why we would not see fire and put our hands just because we have God

God wants you to be wise

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 10:14am On May 09, 2020
I stand with my G.O (past chris oyakhilome)
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Realcash224(m): 10:15am On May 09, 2020
Let him use his church auditorium in lagos for isolation then, since holy spirit does't need four wall of his church. don't be misguided
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by lexy2014: 10:17am On May 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo! Pastor Chris we know, Bishop Oyedepo we know, hu be this wan? undecided

Can u negate d points pastor poju made with scriptures?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / Bisola Johnson: T.B. Joshua Addresses Rape Accusation (Video) / Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.