Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,938 members, 7,799,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches (64830 Views)

Daddy Freeze Schools Chris Oyakhilome On Criticizing Pastors (Video) / 'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by phren: 10:17am On May 09, 2020
LearnITsmash:
Useless men of dogs, all these clowns named pastors need to be jailed for adding no value to the country undecided

Don’t allow the devil to destroy you by using you to insult and dehumanize men that God is using to bless millions of people. Nobody force you to believe anything from them, this kind of hatred is EVIL. If you don’t make public apology for what you’ve just said, you’ve automatically set yourself for destruction. Be guided. If you grew up on the street and not with parents in a decent home, then learn from people who live like human beings and not like animals.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by zitoray(m): 10:17am On May 09, 2020
My people perish becos of lack of knowledge. They cant understand cuz' the god of ds world has blinded their mind
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by ajericho(m): 10:17am On May 09, 2020
12345DKO:
This is one thing about we Christians I hate. We oppose ourselves on the pages of newspapers as well as on social media platforms. This explains why we are not being taken seriously as we ought to as a church.
Instead of this back and forth or show of shame, I expected them to have had a meeting amongst themselves and come out with a decision. Yes not all will agree and it is understandable since we are not zombies, but to be countering each other publicly like this is a shame on our pastors.
Our brothers and sisters in Islam will never do this. Yes they have their disagreements but you will never see them nor any of their followers come online to disgrace themselves as the norm is in Christianity.

so where are they suppose to counter themselves
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:17am On May 09, 2020
Olarewaju89:

OK. If they gather together, then they have disobey the rules of social-distance according to the NCDC guidelines

Family of a household can gather together. Theres no social distancing disobeyed there. I my, my wife and kids gather to pray. It's more convincing than giving my goods to a Pasotorpreneur, and still exposing myself and family to Corona virus, which obvious the pastorpreneur is helpless against

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by shugasofttouch: 10:18am On May 09, 2020
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by emkz: 10:18am On May 09, 2020
The isolation centres are the healing homes because the patients are there and not the church. Let these gods of men go and conduct a crusade at the isolation centres and I can bet they'd win more souls; afterall, our Lord Jesus Christ mixed with lepers, the blind, the lame and so-called Gentiles. Even Catholic priests mixed with some Covid19 patients and paid with their lives. How can people who profess heaven be afraid to die and give up their earthly treasures? Let these gods of men in Nigeria tell us exactly why their buildings need to reopen and we can understand. Look at the guy in Dunamis and Tony Rapu as they are helping to provide succour to the less privileged.

In six months time, we'd understand how the clergy failed us as a nation. We are not asking them to heal Covid19 patients (because they are obviously incapable of doing that), we are only asking them to shut the "bleep" up and allow the government of the day deal with this matter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by joganut(m): 10:19am On May 09, 2020
profolaolu:
Depression at the peak, non of them know you exist, so don't waste your time, channel your energy use in criticism to something profitable.

You are sheep and will continue to be a sheep till death..... slowpoke...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by tunize(m): 10:19am On May 09, 2020
visijo:
Apart From Pandemic, Quarantine, Lockdown, palliative, What Other English Word(s) Has Coronavirus Taught You ?? � embarassed

��‍♂️
Social distancing, self isolation atleast new vocabulary don plenty

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by drsibz66(m): 10:19am On May 09, 2020
As Nigerians we should at least be honest with ourselves. We are evil in this country. A country were more than 70 percent go to church but don't know God. Go to church on Sunday on Monday u are lieing and cheating your neighbor to make money. That's the order of the day in Nigeria.

We are money worshipping people. We don't know God we are very far from him. You can't know God and not love your neighbor. Church going in Nigeria is just a weekly ritual nothing else. Go to any church in Nigeria, offer a 20m bribe for something wrong and see if 95percent won't fall.

Nigeria is governed by evil. I mean the devil himself and the whole system is structure for you to continue sinning without remorse.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by henrybomb(m): 10:19am On May 09, 2020
I agree 100% with Pastor oyemade
The thing that gets me pissed off about Christianity is that the oneness and unity is not there. Our religious leaders who suppose to lead us are the ones dragging us back and forth with little or no contribution.
Those people screaming here that they support Chris and Oyedepo are on the same level with those people who don't read and understand the bible.. The same Chris came up with that 5G jargons I still understand where he got that from.
Until we see this pastors as human who can make mistake then we have a long way to go

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by santicruz: 10:19am On May 09, 2020
See finishing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by bottlewater1(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2020
petra1:

This is not about buildings it's about the fact that The church is a gathering. And its ordained to gather

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

1 Corinthians 5:4
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Oga go and sit down and stop spewing rubbish
Bible say where TWO or THREE gathered in my name which means even when you gather with your family in a time like this God is there to answer your prayer. Besides must miracle be conducted in the church?
You and your pastors should visit isolation centers to perform to power of God that you carry.
Peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by sharpwriter(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo! Pastor Chris we know, Bishop Oyedepo we know, hu be this wan? undecided

With this your comment, it shows that the Lord doesn't know you.

If what the man said can be proven from the scriptures, then you need to be taught the first rudiments of salvation.

You don't know the Lord and you're false.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Yxxx: 10:21am On May 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo! Pastor Chris we know, Bishop Oyedepo we know, hu be this wan? undecided
Christianity is deeper than who knows who.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by lexy2014: 10:21am On May 09, 2020
Kristaz:
Churches should be opened. I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo. Corporate worship is very powerful form of worship. I don't really know the spirit that is working in Pastor Poju.

D man made several references to d Bible in buttressing his point. U would do well by negating what he said with references from d scriptures. Can u do that?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by ajericho(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2020
Italy that owns Christianity,hasn't open religious gathering places,despite easing lockdown,

na ignorance go kill us for this country

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by edoairways: 10:21am On May 09, 2020
LearnITsmash:
Useless men of dogs, all these clowns named pastors need to be jailed for adding no value to the country undecided
What value are you contributing?
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by WukedP(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2020
Toks2008:
As a believer, I strongly believe in the healing power of Christ Jesus but then we need to ask ourselves some deep questions at this crucial time.

We have seen many healing programs organized by some churches,... Miracle hour, Atmosphere for miracles, The healing hour, Anointing oil for miracles service just to mention a few. So I begin to wonder why these Pastors have not dimmed it fit to storm hospitals to pray for coronavirus patients.

I believe in the miraculous power of JESUS but any Pastor who can not go to hospitals at this point in time to pray for coronavirus patients with healing results should not bother about organizing any healing service or program once this Pandemic is over.

If your faith is not strong enough to visit hospitals to pray for coronavirus patients then you have no business gathering people for Healing programs. This baseless Chalaniganicious act by some "Men of GOD" must Stop.

GOD CAN NOT BE MOCKED .

You’ve spoken like your father the devil, always coming out as if he meant well but at the end he will surely show himself, so they should just wake up one morning and start going to isolation centers without Government approval shey? even Jesus Christ didn’t go to where he’s not invited and that’s the more reason he couldn’t perform any miracle in his home town, I haven’t seen any country blasting Pastors like Nigerian especially their own, so your comment here is trash, People have been mistaken Sam Adeyemi and this man as Pastors and I don’t blame them, they are doing the works of their father the devil just like you without even knowing, your type was the thief on the cross with Jesus, I mean the one that asked him to save himself
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by chaloskyx: 10:22am On May 09, 2020
THEY ARE ALL THIEVES...INCLUDING YOU OYEMADE

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by KZuby: 10:23am On May 09, 2020
You are well informed. Respect
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Dilluted(m): 10:23am On May 09, 2020
Kai chai is it about who you know or who knows God more, Nigerian you are your own problem
Openbusiness:
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by ecnuel: 10:24am On May 09, 2020
Wolgrace:
Unnecessary debates and fault findings under this thread.

All the ministers of God were correct. Pastor Poju shouldn't have spoke ill of their demands, but to add and spice it up for balancing. There are different callings- Royal, Higher, and Holy.

Evangelical ministers moves about the streets, markets, places, etc... Pastoral ministers are like holy priests whose call is to feed the flocks when they gathered, hence the Church building according to modern wisdom and advancement.

The Church should cease to condemn each other.

Maybe, you didn't listen to Pastor Chris. He went as far as saying that those pastors supporting the lock down are not only not prayerful but also do not know God. Imagine!
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by sparta191(m): 10:25am On May 09, 2020
Openbusiness:

sorry, who did u say u were again?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by persius555(m): 10:26am On May 09, 2020
honeyB2018:
Pastor Poju, is 100% wrong. I'm not surprised he can spew this nonsense.
Lots of people, don't see and understand what Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Oyakhilome Chris is seeing and talking about. Lots of you, toeing the line of thought of Pastor Oyemade, don't know, the power of the cooperate church. If you know, you will not be in his support.
You don't know, what damage, spiritually the closure of the place of worship has done to lots of believers, lots of Christians will never be the same after this lockdown and closure Wait till the closure is lifted, then you will understand.
I stand with Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Chris. Oyakhilome.

The church is just a building for Christians to gather and worship. Ever since the lockdown, I've been more steadfast and prayerful.

My faith can't be put to test because igone far beyond doubt.

Let me settle down and listen to Hillsong full album. Let the lord be praised even more in times like this.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by ajericho(m): 10:26am On May 09, 2020
we are making seem like,we make a better person going to church.
most of church goers are not righteous,it deals with the earth

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by KZuby: 10:27am On May 09, 2020
blackgold2018:
FOOL

A big one he is

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by ecnuel: 10:27am On May 09, 2020
WukedP:

You’ve spoken like your father the devil, always coming out as if he meant well but at the end he will surely show himself, so they should just wake up one morning and start going to isolation centers without Government approval shey? even Jesus Christ didn’t go to where he’s not invited and that’s the more reason he couldn’t perform any miracle in his home town, I haven’t seen any country blasting Pastors like Nigerian especially their own, so your comment here is trash, People have been mistaken Sam Adeyemi and this man as Pastors and I don’t blame them, they are doing the works of their father the devil just like you without even knowing, your type was the thief on the cross with Jesus, I mean the one that asked him to save himself

You say Nigeria speaks bad of her pastors. But at the same time, you say pastors Poju and Sam belong to the devil? Are you serious?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Dilluted(m): 10:27am On May 09, 2020
Why don't you people see the bigger picture shallow minds of the devil
sparta191:

sorry, who did u say u were again?
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by chukel(m): 10:27am On May 09, 2020
Olarewaju89:

I pity the woman who gave birth to you undecided. Woe on to her because she had increased the
population of hell fire. Children of destruction
you claim to be a Christian, probably a born again. But look at what you typed. Funny enough you may not be far from hell fire. You are a hypocrite

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Flyingngel(m): 10:27am On May 09, 2020
litigator post:

How many church buildings did Apostles Peter and Paul build?

Atleast, they wrote over 75% of the new testament. The church in Ephisus, was it a physical building during the days of the great persecution?

Also, juxtapose your assertion with the Biblical elucidations that " the kingdom of God is within thee". Luke 17:20-21, particularly at verse 21.

Also, the old church shared everything in common and non lacked. Even those who had benefited from the good will of others but wanted to be greedy with theirs, met fatal punishment. How well has our modern church copied such precedent? Acts 4: 30-End; Acts 5.

During this period of Covid-19, how well is the church resources being shared amongst members of the church and by extension, members of the public as a tool of evangelism?

Jesus fed the congregation because He knew the importance of food to the body(biological feeding), and salvation to the soul( spiritual feeding).

How well has our church emulated this biblical precedent during COVID-19. Is this not the best time to win souls to the kingdom via the apt deployment of both mechanism?

Jesus and Apostle Peter were both leaders of the Church, both yet they knew they were trustees of the church, thus, gave good account of stewardship and didn't owe much personal property. Acts 4:32-End

Even Jesus lead by example by borrowing the a colt He used for triumphant entry. He could afford to buy one of the very best, and his actions will be justified because it is for the propagation of the gospel , but instead borrowed one. Mark 11:3.

***Take notice that this is a lame excuse being used by our religious leaders in an attempt to justify the luxurious lifestyle and the acquisition of aircrafts and phantom automobiles. But that is a discourse for another day.

From Apostle Peter's encounter with the man at the beautiful gate, it is apt to conclude that He didn't control the church resources even as a leader and pastor of the first church. He thus gave freely that which he had which was his anointing and heal the man of his infirmity. Can same be said for modern-day pastors and spiritual leaders? What changed?

Finally, lockdown has been lifted in some parts of the western world such as Italy where the church began, but the physical place of congregation is still under lockdown. Most of these pastors have church branches within such domicile, why are they not condemning the govt of such state as they do Nigeria?

Kindly educate my ignorance.

I await your timely response, God bless.

I am an Omnist and Bible student. I know there are 4200+ religion in our modern-day world, and that God is not a Christian, but He is" I am that I am".

Reference: God is not a Christian by Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

I offer my highest regards.

I have questions for my Muslim brothers too, but we will address that another day. Shalom.

Oh my Oh my! I like your submission.
I will like to know you better. let me follow you first.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Ilomuanya: 10:28am On May 09, 2020
I support the pastor.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Melv4(m): 10:28am On May 09, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]did u read what he wrote.
Openbusiness:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Does Water Break The Fast? / Bisola Johnson: T.B. Joshua Addresses Rape Accusation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.