Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health (46389 Views)

"20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank / Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum / Jim Ovia: "My Lagos Success Story" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by LegendHero(m): 6:30am On May 09, 2020
Meet Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Raised $10M To Transform Africa's Healthcare - Forbes

For decades African hospitals had been operating entirely manually, from taking notes on paper on how many patients entered the hospital on any given day, to what type of care those patients needed, or where they were supposed to be directed to. The result was a major lack in efficiency, accuracy, or often even data about the patients they were treating.

In 2016, the situation prompted Nigerian entrepreneurs Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, and Dimeji Sofowora to launch Helium Health, a healthcare technology provider working in several African countries. Today, the company cofounded by the three 2019 Forbes 30 Under 30 honorees, announced it had raised $10 million in Series A round, led by Global Ventures and Asia Africa Investment & Consulting (AAIC). The other participants are: Tencent, Ohara Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd, HOF Capital, Y Combinator, VentureSouq, Chrysalis Capital, Kairos Angels and Flying Doctors Healthcare Investment Company.

“This new round means that we have more firepower to be able to expand the reach of our product way beyond Nigeria, Ghana and Liberia where we are now,” Olubusi, who serves as the company’s CEO, says. “When we think about the extent of the challenges and problems that we can solve in the healthcare sector in Africa, there could be a million ways in which this can help us grow.”

Olubusi says that his company tries to solve the three core ways in which the healthcare system in Africa is dysfunctional: inefficiency due to manual processes, fragmentation, and lack of data.

“Imagine if a hospital sees a 1000 people a day,” Olubusi says. “How do you count a 1000 people every day with specific issues they need taken care of when you’re doing everything on paper?”

Helium Health’s flagship product is the Electronic Medical Records/Hospital Management Information System, an end-to-end software which helps hospitals manage and digitally store the data. The company’s product is currently used by over 300 hospitals and serves 165,000 patients per month.

In the last three to six weeks, Helium Health rolled out several new products, which they hope these products will help them expand in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia, Senegal, and Ivory Coast.

Olubusi, a Johns Hopkins graduate and an eBay and Goldman Sachs alum, started Helium Health in 2016 with his high school friend Dimeji Sofowora (CFO), and Bolatito Ovia (Head of Growth), whom he’s known since college. The three of them had studied abroad, had returned to Nigeria and were looking for a problem to solve. They decided to focus on healthcare because it was a sector that desperately needed modernization, and also because it is a sector that applies to everyone.

“It doesn't matter if you’re rich or poor, if you get in an accident and there isn’t a strong emergency department, you will die,” Olubusi says. “Because of the COVID-19 situation, now these countries are having to face the harsh reality of not investing in their healthcare sector.”

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/igorbosilkovski/2020/05/07/meet-the-nigerian-entrepreneurs-who-just-raised-10-million-to-transform-africas-healthcare/#166ca9a353bd

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Flyingngel(m): 6:50am On May 09, 2020
Good development.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Obamaofusa: 9:40am On May 09, 2020
Great

3 Likes

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Sammy07: 1:27pm On May 09, 2020
I'll Always be Ọmọlúàbí
They are silent Achievers, no media, no noise.

175 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by FeliciaOja(f): 1:56pm On May 09, 2020
I'm calling my Lawyer Right Now
I'm Suing Forbes Africa For Not Including My Name On That List..
I'm a Billionaire For Godsake..
Put Some Respeckt On My Name!!

Sammy07:
I'll Always be Ọmọlúàbí
Is that Yoruba guy in Red Wearing Nylon Agbada?

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Kiddinpoh(m): 1:56pm On May 09, 2020
O seun omo oduduwa rare! Job well done! God bless all Nigerians here and abroad!

26 Likes

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by sodiqapril(m): 1:56pm On May 09, 2020
And you people listed DJ cuppy , swank Jerry as 30 under 30s.

9 Likes

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by festacman(m): 1:56pm On May 09, 2020
These entrepreneurs are doing well for themselves. We are happy for them just as we are for clothes designers, farmers, poultry owners, furniture makers, music producers, authors, etc. There is nothing special about them to differentiate them from other hard-working entrepreneurs in different fields.

They simply designed healthcare data management app, which they are seriously marketing to make money for themselves.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Kenny9857(m): 1:56pm On May 09, 2020
Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by DelTel(m): 1:57pm On May 09, 2020
Commendable.

1 Like

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by aduweh: 1:57pm On May 09, 2020
proudly 9ja
Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by PUSSYHOE(m): 1:57pm On May 09, 2020
IGBO AMAKA

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Femuel(m): 1:57pm On May 09, 2020
Nice one
Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Bilabong(m): 1:58pm On May 09, 2020
U they are doing well...
Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by jeeqaa7(m): 1:58pm On May 09, 2020
D
Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by betterman22(m): 1:58pm On May 09, 2020
Flyingngel:
Good development.

1 Like

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by adelaja70(m): 1:58pm On May 09, 2020
WE NO DEY MAKE NOISE... NICE ONE GUYS.

25 Likes

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by wellmax(m): 1:59pm On May 09, 2020
Awon omo Kaaro ojire

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Ubykcee(m): 1:59pm On May 09, 2020
Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Galactico4ever(m): 1:59pm On May 09, 2020
They tried shaa but ehm... have they found the cure for covid19?

2 Likes

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by wellmax(m): 1:59pm On May 09, 2020
Omo oluwabi

9 Likes

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Fosterica(m): 1:59pm On May 09, 2020
Only came to read comments cool
Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Shezkid01(m): 2:00pm On May 09, 2020
I think this lady was once a titan in heritage bank competition or they look alike
Kudos to them.. that’s the real definition of slay queen �

5 Likes

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by TheTourist: 2:00pm On May 09, 2020
Good move
Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 09, 2020
Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by ekensi01: 2:00pm On May 09, 2020
Space kept.

Let me go and read the news and come.
Cause I don't understand if Nigeria is in Africa

I didn't see anything in That reading,
Thrash

3 Likes

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Baloranking(m): 2:01pm On May 09, 2020
FeliciaOja:
I'm calling my Lawyer Right Now
I'm Suing Forbes Africa For Not Including My Name On That List..
I'm a Billionaire For Godsake..
Put Some Respeckt On My Name!!

Igbo Billionaires Should Not Be Left Out

grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Stewart883(m): 2:01pm On May 09, 2020
No be Jim Ovia cousin be that shocked

This life!! The rich will always remain rich. Capital to start Business can never be a problem

13 Likes

Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by Nanavati(m): 2:01pm On May 09, 2020
[quote author=Flyingngel post=89344586]Good

what is good about this aboki kiss[quote author=Flyingngel post=89344586]Good

what is good about this aboki
Re: Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health by seborrhic: 2:02pm On May 09, 2020
I don't understand.
How will they recoup their investment and pay back the loan?
I just want to understand how the hospital e health application will generate money.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria's Four Refineries To Begin Operation Next Month - NNPC / Photos: Billionaire Femi Otedola Kisses His Mother On The Lips During Visit / Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.