Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Black American Shot By White Supremacists While Jogging In Georgia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Black American Shot By White Supremacists While Jogging In Georgia (376 Views)

Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) / White Father & Son Shot Dead Black Man While Jogging In U.S.(Video) / Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black American Shot By White Supremacists While Jogging In Georgia by dk58(m): 10:45am On May 09, 2020
Georgia officials said Friday their investigation into the slaying of Ahmaud Arbery will include the man who videotaped the killing.
“We are going to go wherever the evidence takes us,” the director of the state Bureau of Investigation said, USA Today reports.

Father and son Gregory and Travis McMichael, two white men, have been charged with murder in the death of Arbery, a black man who was jogging through their neighborhood.

The attack was videotaped by William “Roddie” Bryan, who lives a few doors down from Travis McMichael.

A lawyer for Arbery’s family has said Bryan should be arrested. That’s a possibility, investigators said.

“Once again, a black man was lynched in Georgia,” said Derrick Johnson, NAACP president, during a press conference Friday. “That is a sad statement in where we are in this nation.”

President Trump addressed the slaying in an appearance Friday on Fox and Friends. “My heart goes out to the parents and the family and friends,” he said, calling it a “very disturbing situation.”

The president said he’d watched the video, according to the BBC, and found it “troubling”; the footage appears to show Travis McMichael shooting Arbery with a shotgun.

Later Friday, Trump’s press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, left open the possibility of the Justice Department getting involved with the case.

The killing was a “modern-day lynching,” Marcus Arbery, the victim’s father, told CNN.

“He was a very good young man,” Marcus said. “His heart was just bigger than life.” Demonstrations calling for justice were held Friday, which would have been Arbery’s 26th birthday.

Source: https://meziesblog.com/georgia-prosecuting-man-who-recorded-killing-of-ahmaud-arbery/

Re: Black American Shot By White Supremacists While Jogging In Georgia by HarunaWest(m): 10:47am On May 09, 2020
Racism will never truly end..These whites are so mean ehn, upon how technologically advanced the Chinese and Asians have become, the European still sees them as second class race talkless of black man that isn't contributing anything to the world GDP...Nawa..God Airpus
Re: Black American Shot By White Supremacists While Jogging In Georgia by kinglee007(m): 10:56am On May 09, 2020
When i made a comment on an earlier post regarding the involvement (and possible questioning) of the person that covered the heartbreaking footage, someone here said "if i have heard of the word CCTV before", implying that it was a CCTV footage. Oya, let them come and arrest CCTV now.
Mtcheeeeewwww!!!
Re: Black American Shot By White Supremacists While Jogging In Georgia by sweettease(f): 11:31am On May 09, 2020
I cried when I saw that video. They murdered him in cold blood! It was targetted and merciless yet they never would have tried prosecuting the perpetrators if not not for social media and the publicity it got. Person pikin! Life is not fair indeed!

1 Like

Re: Black American Shot By White Supremacists While Jogging In Georgia by AdaNonye: 11:49am On May 09, 2020
sweettease:
I cried when I saw that video. They murdered him in cold blood! It was targetted and merciless yet they never would have tried prosecuting the perpetrators if not not for social media and the publicity it got. Person pikin! Life is not fair indeed!

My exact thoughts. If the video didnt come out, the murderers would still be roaming freely

(1) (Reply)

Protesters Turn Over Vehicle Barehanded Over George Floyd Death / Police Arrests Suspected Kenyans Caught With A Cylinder Filled With Weed. VIDEO / Woman Threatens to kill self As Husband Issues Divorce Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.