Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,507 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? (49411 Views)

If Any Man I'm Dating Gets Broke, I'll Leave The Relationship- Lady (Video) / Lady Share Her Before Photo As A Muslim And Now Photo As A Christian / Girlfriend Drives Lover's $100k Benz Into Pool For Ending The Relationship (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 09, 2020
I was dating a muslim guy last year, during one of our discussions he told me he must make sure he gets married to a muslim lady. I didn't question him. I ended it few weeks later without telling him why.

I don't like complications.

2 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Dirpetaner: 5:55pm On May 09, 2020
Leave while you can
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by pek(m): 5:55pm On May 09, 2020
Op, what makes you think you are a Christian?

3 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by ZooOga: 5:56pm On May 09, 2020
Nollywood wins again! Respect dem o. wink

One God One Nation

Kadiri (Clem Ohameze) and Ossy (Ini Edo) love each other so much that they start making plans on getting married but their tribal and religious difference seem to be the bone of contention for both of their parents. Clem Ohameze, Ini Edo, Olu Jacobs

Produced by Chinedu Ezenwa
Director: Reginald Ebere
Writer: Reginald Ebere
Stars: Ini Edo, Justus Esiri, Chika Ike https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1041806/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdLRuw-gPqQ

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by awetaiye2015: 5:56pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:
There is this lady I have been dating now for almost eleven years (11) she was my first love, we started dating while I was still in my final stage of secondary school, things were moving smoothly, as we are both new in the game of love.

I could remembered, then, mtn with their free night calls, we would talk from 12am to 5:00am then, she is the daughter to the king of the town, a well known king in Lagos state, but along the line, as we progress in line, owing to my fine boy of a thing,.

You know we guys when we sense that, it seems all lady want us, due to our cute look, or academic reasons, we take the advantage to flirt, of which she so much detest a cheating guy, she caught me times without number, but still hard for both of us to let go our anyone, after my higher institution,

I relocated to Lagos to start life and keep the hustle real, but this lady was in Lagos with mom, she keep coming to my place even in Lagos, but unfortunately, we lost contact, for seven years, we couldn't reach ourselves, then i decided to relocated to another location in Lagos

But just last month, her call came, that she saw my contact on Facebook, And we try to renew the relationship, that's how we started and doing fine, she's now in her final year At Fountain University, Oshogbo,

Now the problem facing us now is, She is a Muslim, while am a Christian, her parent will never allow her to convert, while my own parent will never allow me to convert, and now we are madly in love, she try to convinced her dad, but all effort was prove abortive.

We love ourselves so much, but religion is the barrier facing us now, we are both planning to run away from the country, she promised to foot all bills for our travelling, but I told her we should try just be friend as our religion is the barrier here now.

If not for the religion issue, we plan to have our introduction this year, and get wedded next year, but religion want to truncate the whole plans,

Pls fellow nairalanders, your advice is urgently needed now, we are both confused, with no option, we can't let go of anyone, and yet we don't want our parent to turn back to us,

She keeps crying everyday, even I myself, and in the state of confused now,.

SHOULD WE QUIT THE RELATIONSHIP OR WHAT SHOULD WE DO NOW..?

As a Christian, u know wat 2 Cor 6:14 says. Love doesn't sustain marriage. In fact, love may die in marriage if the necessary things are not there. diverse religion in marriage is a virus that kills marriage. That love u think u have for each other will die and never resurrect if u have different beliefs. My brother, leave that lady ASAP and look for the one with same believe with u. U can't afford to deny Christ for the sake of a Lady. If truly u are a Christian, u won't need much advice from here. U know wat ur teaching says and wat u should do.
Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by sholay2011(m): 5:56pm On May 09, 2020
Yes, you should forfeit the relationship. 2 Cor. 6:14-18 is your friend.

2 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by yetunsbay(m): 5:57pm On May 09, 2020
gunners160:
why can't the both of you stick to your various religion without the other person trying to covert the other?
must their be convertion self? Una just dey make a mountain out of a hill
do u think of their children religion
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by redsun(m): 5:59pm On May 09, 2020
Faysuze:
I was dating a Muslim guy last year, during one of our discussions he told me he must make sure he gets married to a muslim lady. I didn't question him. I ended it few weeks later without telling him why.

Obviously, he was the wrong guy for you.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by jaykay68(m): 6:01pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:
There is this lady I have been dating now for almost eleven years (11) she was my first love, we started dating while I was still in my final stage of secondary school, things were moving smoothly, as we are both new in the game of love.

I could remembered, then, mtn with their free night calls, we would talk from 12am to 5:00am then, she is the daughter to the king of the town, a well known king in Lagos state, but along the line, as we progress in line, owing to my fine boy of a thing,.

You know we guys when we sense that, it seems all lady want us, due to our cute look, or academic reasons, we take the advantage to flirt, of which she so much detest a cheating guy, she caught me times without number, but still hard for both of us to let go our anyone, after my higher institution,

I relocated to Lagos to start life and keep the hustle real, but this lady was in Lagos with mom, she keep coming to my place even in Lagos, but unfortunately, we lost contact, for seven years, we couldn't reach ourselves, then i decided to relocated to another location in Lagos

But just last month, her call came, that she saw my contact on Facebook, And we try to renew the relationship, that's how we started and doing fine, she's now in her final year At Fountain University, Oshogbo,

Now the problem facing us now is, She is a Muslim, while am a Christian, her parent will never allow her to convert, while my own parent will never allow me to convert, and now we are madly in love, she try to convinced her dad, but all effort was prove abortive.

We love ourselves so much, but religion is the barrier facing us now, we are both planning to run away from the country, she promised to foot all bills for our travelling, but I told her we should try just be friend as our religion is the barrier here now.

If not for the religion issue, we plan to have our introduction this year, and get wedded next year, but religion want to truncate the whole plans,

Pls fellow nairalanders, your advice is urgently needed now, we are both confused, with no option, we can't let go of anyone, and yet we don't want our parent to turn back to us,

is it now that both of you knew that you belong to different religious beliefs, abeg abeg, after you don bleep the girl finish, you want to take off, not good Oo my brother.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Lovelyn451(f): 6:01pm On May 09, 2020
Don't just forfeit it, denounce it, condemn it, scatter it by fire...Muslim ke ? An Unbeliever? Never!!!

3 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Manymercies: 6:01pm On May 09, 2020
Get both parents consent before moving on
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Pat081: 6:02pm On May 09, 2020
Dnt think of running away this year, because u can nt enter any country or some state here in 9ja coro dey world d only thing u can do is to keep on ur prayer to God
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Delightedonyi: 6:05pm On May 09, 2020
Hmmmm na serious thing u dey like this but there’s a way out.....the day we start seeing ourselves as one that day Africa will be better we are talking about feelings here not regional thing yes it matters both if u as a man as control inter religious activities fine ....ask ursf will I be ok if she decide to face her faith while u face urs can u play that game.....is she ready to join ur own faith leaving hers if yes carry go if no go back to ur village and look for another girl....I know I love her today what about tomorrow don’t start what u can’t finish....is ur own parents in support if yes ask her what she think about ur faith know her stand and u know ur own stand
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Triplerg: 6:05pm On May 09, 2020
Eulalia:
It is very golden to obey and respect our parents. If you go ahead and marry her against both parents wish and something happens to her, the problems you'll be facing might be more than what you bargained for.

Would you rather settle with a girl who flouts her parents orders and plans to elope with a man? Be wise.

Listen to your parents and don't let a disrespectful girl trap you in a mess you might live to regret for the rest of your life. No body gave her to you. So you could be accused of kidnap by her parents and they are justified.
Now it seems like they are about to forget the way that leads them home. When problems set in, their union might crash due to faulty foundation. Parental approval is no joke in anything you want to do
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Majesty08: 6:05pm On May 09, 2020
It is prohibited for a muslim girl to marry a christian, just quit the relationship before you ruin her life!
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by raymonddanjuma: 6:06pm On May 09, 2020
Let's be reasonable here. If u think u can work tins out is a lie it won't love. Wen u guys marry proper taste of love changes it won't b like now. By den she won't b d lady while u won't b d same guy so if dis factor above is constant den religion will be an open wound to capitalise on for marriage issues
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by liquidfaya: 6:06pm On May 09, 2020
adanny01:

I started dating my wife in 1997 when I was in SS3 and she in SS2.

We got married in 2011. She never had another boyfriend.

What did you say you cannot allow yourself do again?
I can't allow my sister to wait on a man that long. I would ruin that relationship. Lol.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by RamessesIV(m): 6:07pm On May 09, 2020
See there was a time I america where inter-racial marriage was considered a taboo,all these things are just laws meant to divide people what's the difference between the anatomy of a christian or muslim? Go to other countries they marry between religions no problem,see if someone truly loves forget religion would be the last problem
DAramis:

Honestly, that quoted part is the biggest challenge I have regarding to relationship. It is extremely difficult to meet such people. The harder I try, the worst it turns out to be.

The Muslim lady was the only one that understood me and always reassure me about it.

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by RamessesIV(m): 6:09pm On May 09, 2020
Bro i really enjoyed this movie las las they got married
ZooOga:
Nollywood wins again! Respect dem o. wink

One God One Nation

Kadiri (Clem Ohameze) and Ossy (Ini Edo) love each other so much that they make start making plans on getting married but their tribal and religious difference seem to be the bone of contention for both of their parents. Clem Ohameze, Ini Edo, Olu Jacobs

Produced by Chinedu Ezenwa
Director: Reginald Ebere
Writer: Reginald Ebere
Stars: Ini Edo, Justus Esiri, Chika Ike https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1041806/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdLRuw-gPqQ

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Teebaba30(m): 6:10pm On May 09, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
Na so oo that is the best. I wonder how people see life especially this marriage of a thing. Some people will b comparing politicians or celebrity who are Moslems but married Christians or Moslem. The bible is our perfect guide and Jesus is our model. Coz u might b surprise that u will have a moral marriage here n wen u get to d other side of life,u will shock that ur name is not in the book of life. And don't have this mentality that I will change her as if they are the Holy spirit. Humans r the most difficult creature to change without God.
As for love,you don't understand what love is about. If u know the number of demons that want to set u up with this kind of marriage,u will back out. Read about the love Abnom had for Tamar,it was later when he had done everything he knew it was lust n obsession. He died untimely n lost the throne. This will help. Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Am even the youth pastor in my Church, our G.O love me so much, am afraid of render those people love on me useless, Very confused...
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by jericco1(m): 6:11pm On May 09, 2020
ModestGal:
Anyway, only a weak person will talk the way you did. If after university your parents still take decisions for you, then I'm very sorry because you are a weakling.
The last time my parent took decision for me was when I entered university, since then, I decide for myself.

Another reason why you are a weakling is that, at this age, you do not have a good reason to be in a faith, you are just practising because you were born into the religion, if not, you won't be thinking whether to change or not. I trust Nairaland religious and atheist bigots, they are convinced on what they are doing and firm on it. That is what a real human being should be, not dwindling between two opposite things. Its just like saying a white is a black without having your firm believe of what a colour is.
Anyway, good luck with your mummys breast sucking at age 42, I wonder how weak your so called gf must be as well. Your parents would decide what you will have for breakfast even if they allow you marry, so, the marriage no go work.
Abeg, please don't bring any children to this world as you are both too dull to combine together in marriage.

What are you even saying? You as a Muslim, can you get married to Christian and change your faith? undecided

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Daddy46: 6:11pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

bro the only solution is travel out of the country with her then she might practice the both religion if she likes but the only solution is japa,he father na king oooo it's can affect his position please japa, impregnating her is dangerous too but travelling out is best
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by redsun(m): 6:13pm On May 09, 2020
Triplerg:
Now it seems like they are about to forget the way that leads them home. When problems set in, their union might crash due to faulty foundation. Parental approval is no joke in anything you want to do

It is not every parent that knows it all. Sometimes it is good to make them see the other side and the sides of reasoning at all times.

We are on a higher platform than our parents. A more rational and feasible one and it is our responsibility to carry them along, not the other way round.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by JVector: 6:13pm On May 09, 2020
It will be difficult to convince her parent because of the dad's social status.
Her dad will definitely face hard criticism and religious persecution if he allows the marriage.

So, please let go of the relationship or be ready to fight or give up your religion.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Savie(m): 6:13pm On May 09, 2020
The greatest enemy of success is 'fear'. You have to listen to your self, and do what your heart tells ypu. To me, i suggest that you impregnant her. Her dad won't put you to jail as long as you accept the responsiblility and doesn't deny it. He will only be ranting but won't do a jack shit.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by doubleportion: 6:14pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

But her dad might imprisoned me, or disowned her ....

and am afraid to be identify as an ex convict
Then become a Muslim since you're in love!

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by lawrenzooo: 6:15pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

But her dad might imprisoned me, or disowned her ....

and am afraid to be identify as an ex convict
Imprison you for what exactly? For two adults having s*x ?
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 09, 2020

I have a pdf material on such a kind situation where your parents don't approve of your relationship, what do you do? If you're interested in it, avail me your whatsap digits so I can forward it to you?
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by donbaba20(m): 6:16pm On May 09, 2020
My brother it's only God that can join two of you
I lost a relationship due to something like this...
I loved the girl God knows
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Triplerg: 6:16pm On May 09, 2020
redsun:

It is not every parent that knows it all. Sometimes it is good to make them see the other side and the sides of reasoning at all times.

We are on a higher platform than our parents. A more rational and feasible one and it is our responsibility to carry them along, not the other way round.
More rational? I doubt that statement bro. However, on this issue, parental approval is necessary
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Kazeemakeem(m): 6:17pm On May 09, 2020
Faysuze:
I was dating a muslim guy last year, during one of our discussions he told me he must make sure he gets married to a muslim lady. I didn't question him. I ended it few weeks later without telling him why.

Am Muslim,its not easy to marry Christian but it dosnt matter,but no easy,except if the wife will co nvert

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Infinix Rewards Man Who Kissed His Wife On Social Media With N300k For Valentine / Why Do Only Broke Men Approach Me For Marriage? / Asian Bride In Traditional Edo Attire As She Weds Nigerian Man (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.