Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

All That Glitters - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / All That Glitters (13915 Views)

Not All That Glitters Is Gold / Gracious David West, The Serial Killer: Girls, All That Glitters Is Not Gold / Not All That Glitters Are Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All That Glitters by BigBasher: 8:57pm On May 21, 2020
More.
Re: All That Glitters by FairCritic(m): 7:38am On May 22, 2020
More
Re: All That Glitters by kweensheba: 8:31am On May 22, 2020
Later, to kill boredom, I would watch some movies on my i-pad. Around five p.m, there was a gentle rap on my door.

I went to open it, thinking Ms. Rose was there. It was Sharon I met at the door. "Hello," I greeted.

"Hi," she replied and showed me the game of scrabble she was holding. "I got this from Aunty Rose. Do you want to play?"

Scrabble was a game I loved to play so I did not hesitate to ask her to come in. I offered the only chair while I sat on the bed. I then drew the stool to wedge us.

"How thoughtful of Miss Rose to have this," I said.

"Yes, how thoughtful," my guest echoed.

I noticed that she had changed from the formal dress she was wearing to a casual of t-shirt and jeans trousers.

We started the game. Sharon set the tone of the conversation, asking me sundry questions such as where I came from, what I studied in the univesity and my interests.

I answered her and asked the same questions. I could sense that she was not as reserved as I had thought. She told me she would prefer to relocate
Re: All That Glitters by Zamar: 10:04am On May 22, 2020
Nice update.
Re: All That Glitters by CasNova: 11:27am On May 22, 2020
Interesting
Re: All That Glitters by Awesome05: 5:28pm On May 22, 2020
Nice
Re: All That Glitters by Saturn101: 10:45am On May 23, 2020
Interesting story
Re: All That Glitters by Zamar: 7:10pm On May 23, 2020
More.
Re: All That Glitters by lizabeet(f): 8:27pm On May 23, 2020
Nice
Re: All That Glitters by FairCritic(m): 6:43am On May 24, 2020
Waiting for more.
Re: All That Glitters by SeyiDominion: 2:51pm On May 24, 2020
Nice one.
Re: All That Glitters by FairCritic(m): 8:56am On May 25, 2020
More
Re: All That Glitters by kweensheba: 11:20am On May 25, 2020
to Europe or America but that her dad insisted that she should take up this job. I smiled and told her that the job was not bad and that she could still travel out later after gaining some experience.

"You seem to have answer for everything," she teased. Was that true? I thanked her for the compliment. We played game after game. We felt at home with each other and it was as if we had known each other over the years.

"Won't your girlfriend miss you in the next few days?" Sharon suddenly asked.

I grinned grimly. "No. There was an issue between us and we are presently not on talking terms."

Sharon sighed. "What about you? Surely, your boyfriend will miss you."

She stared at some tiles before answering. "Right now, I don't have a boyfriend."

It was my turn to sigh. We played the game on. By seven in the evening, Miss Rose knocked at the door.

"Dinner is ready!" she called out.

How time flies. Sharon and I suspended our game and went to the dining-room. A hot meal of poundo yam, egusi soup and beef was served.
Re: All That Glitters by BigBasher: 7:51am On May 26, 2020
Nice update
Re: All That Glitters by FairCritic(m): 12:18pm On May 26, 2020
Interesting episode.
Re: All That Glitters by kweensheba: 9:33am On May 27, 2020
I must say I enjoyed the meal. There were fruit juices to take as dessert.

Several minutes later, I was back in my room. I was not surprised when Sharon came to join me some minutes after.

"Hope you're enjoying yourself around here," she said.

I nodded. "Sure, I do. What about you?"

She nodded. "Can't say I don't."

She sat on the chair she was sitting on before we went for dinner while I sat on the edge of the bed.

She did not come with the game, this time around, which meant she only wanted to chat.

So, we chatted. She told me about her university days and some friends she missed.

"With social media, you can still maintain contact," I pointed out.

"Yeah, that's true, but it can still not be as real contact."

We talked on and on until she decided to go. "I woke up very early this morning and I need to go to bed early," she explained.

I nodded. "I can understand."

She yawned again and stood up. "Seyi, it's a pleasure talking with you. Good night."

I smiled at her. "The pleasure is mine. Goodnight, Sharon."
Re: All That Glitters by BigBasher: 2:05pm On May 27, 2020
Nice one
Re: All That Glitters by Saturn101: 8:15pm On May 27, 2020
Interesting
Re: All That Glitters by Awesome05: 8:05am On May 28, 2020
Ride on
Re: All That Glitters by UltimateSpice: 4:17pm On May 28, 2020
Nice.
Re: All That Glitters by ThrillPlus: 8:49pm On May 29, 2020
Interesting piece
Re: All That Glitters by kweensheba: 7:46am On May 30, 2020
She left the room. What a lady. How I wished my dear Precious was a good convesationist.

My mind paused to think about Precious. How could I be certain about referring to her as 'my dear Precious'? What if she had actually made up her mind that she would never relate with me again? I shook my head.

No, that could not be. Precious would definitely come back, I told myself. I lay on the bed but stared at the television. Gospel music was played on it, but my mind was hardly there.

I was thinking more about Sharon. I wondered if she was not giving me the green light. Then, I cautioned myself. I had just known her and she was only trying to be friendly. She looked nice and decent, though.

But then, I was getting to know her. There was a soft rap at the door. Sharon must have come back, I thought in excitement as I quickly made for the door. It was a lady in t-shirt and bum-short that was there.

"Good ... good evening, Miss Rose," I stuttered.

She was the last person I was expecting. And certainly, she was the
Re: All That Glitters by CasNova: 9:28am On May 30, 2020
Nice update
Re: All That Glitters by BigBasher: 2:03pm On May 30, 2020
Cool
Re: All That Glitters by FairCritic(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2020
Interesting episode
Re: All That Glitters by Zamar: 8:15am On May 31, 2020
Nice update
Re: All That Glitters by Saturn101: 11:43am On May 31, 2020
Cool
Re: All That Glitters by Zamar: 4:09pm On May 31, 2020
More
Re: All That Glitters by Awesome05: 8:50am On Jun 01, 2020
Waiting for more
Re: All That Glitters by kweensheba: 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
last person I expected to see wearing braless top and bum-shorts.

"Sorry to disturb," she said softly. "Can I come in for a moment?"

"Sure," I replied and opened the door wide for her to enter.

I motioned her to the only chair in the room.

"Thank you," she muttered and turned the chair to face the bed where I sat down. "I just feel like chatting with you," she said, smiling briefly.

"I could have told Sharon, but I have a feeling it would be better I tell you."

I smiled to encourage her. "It's okay, Ms. Rose. I have listening ears."

She grinned. "Call me Rose. Just Rose will be okay."

I nodded and stared at her. "Okay, Rose." I studied her.

Her pretty face looked calm. She should be in her early thirties. I had known her for many hours and up till now, she had exuded confidence in her conduct and discharge of duty.

What could be the matter with her?

"Are you married?" she asked.

I shook my head.

"Have you been heartbroken before?" she asked again.

I grimaced as I remembered Precious.

"No."

"You are very
Re: All That Glitters by SeyiDominion: 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
Nice update

Re: All That Glitters by BigBasher: 7:49am On Jun 04, 2020
Interesting piece

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are These White Women Beautiful ? / White Women Are Bustier Than Black Women. Change My View (pictures!!) / Why Do Men Like Going After Slim Girls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.