Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,285 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims (42808 Views)

COVID-19: FG Considering ‘Isolated Lockdowns’ As Cases Hit 5,621 / COVID-19: FG Lists Lagos, FCT, Kano, Ogun, Kaduna, Sokoto For WHO Drug Trials / COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:42am On May 10, 2020
ogaemma:
COVID 19 is real. But the way and manner the Nigerian government did handled COVID 19 gave room for many Nigerians to doubt the existence of COVID 19 in Nigeria.
Imagine the Cross River commissioner of health claiming someone called him from Abuja warning him that what are they waiting for, that Cross River should admit an index case of Coronavirus that other states in the country have done that.
Is unexplainable how Nigeria became a deadly scam under the very nose of Mr. Integrity.
Who called the commissioner to Abuja? Abi the person no get name? Those two states are just trying to evade spending money on palliative etc. Are they even testing anybody? Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by EjaikreTheViper(f): 1:48am On May 10, 2020
faceURfront:
Why did the report fail to capture that there have been complains coming from Kogi of people dying with Covid-19 symptoms and the state authorities is refusing to test which prompted the decision to probe the claims that there is no Covid-19 cases in Kogi?

The way and manner reports are written is important please.

sharaaaaap!!!
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by ps3o(m): 1:55am On May 10, 2020
I see the reasons why the almajiri are being sent to witness on COVID-19 to Crossriver.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by niro001: 5:19am On May 10, 2020
Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve truly loved browsing your blog posts.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by MillerJnr(m): 5:25am On May 10, 2020
Macphenson:
Heheheheeee, see gobe, so it's a must these states must provide covid 19 patients. Leave themsince they said they don't have the virus.

No be them e go kill?

Please Kano and Bauchi needs serious attention from Federal government , Channel the resources on those states.

We are in " operation provide covid 19 patients".

This "Sinzu" stuff is looking so real.

then Lagos needs what?
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by Obas101(m): 5:57am On May 10, 2020
swtdrms:
How would a governor not carry out test at all and claim it doesn't exist in his state. By so doing, he's endangering the health of the populace. So far, every other states have been taking precautions but Kogi is doing nothing, thereby being careless. There's no border lockdown, the main reason there have been successful travelling from North to the South.

No isolation centre created, no any preparedness whatsoever. I pity kogi indigenes
There is border lockdown
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by Nobody: 6:03am On May 10, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:

sharaaaaap!!!

Lol...
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by Btruth: 7:15am On May 10, 2020
iamvictorbassey:
I honestly low-key want this COVID19 shìt to Fück Nigeria and Africa up (Me inclusive). Yes. I really do.

So that when we tell northerners that God doesn't take care of Children, they'll believe.

So that when I tell my friends that your prayers and tithes doesn't do shìt, they'll believe.

So that when you tell Nigerians something exists from the angle of a learned person, they'll believe and stop arguing.

So that when next we emphasize the need for health care budget being reasonable, legislators will agree.

In my mind, the thing is not even doing well enough. Too slow for my liking.

I want the remaining Africans who'll survive, understanding the concept of cause and effect. Understanding that we pay too much attention to non priorities like religion, ethnicity, hairstyle, greetings, dressing, tattoo, choice of food, choice of dress sense, etc. While neglecting essentials.

Covid here is too slow.

Disclaimer: Don't bother quoting me, I don't reply. I post my opinion, you post yours.
it can Bleep you up alone if that's what you wished for. Leave God out from the way we reason or leave in Africa. God knows about it already.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by Kokistokey: 7:40am On May 10, 2020
The FEDs is bleeped on THIS ONE . Bunch Of thieves
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by Nnamdinaija(m): 8:22am On May 10, 2020
iamvictorbassey:
I honestly low-key want this COVID19 shìt to Fück Nigeria and Africa up (Me inclusive). Yes. I really do.

So that when we tell northerners that God doesn't take care of Children, they'll believe.

The killing may start from you and your family � nah grin
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by OyinO: 8:29am On May 10, 2020
Dhavido:
The Federal Government is low key making it obvious that they are trying to play politics with this pandemic. Imagine saying they'll be sending a technical team to 'validate' their claims of being a covid 19 negative state as if its expected that all state of the Federation should be positive.

Whatever it is they're doing, they should be caring so we don't have a full blown health crisis to battle with because I wouldn't want the scenes on the US, Spain and Italy that I watched on CNN to happen in Nigeria. It won't be funny

Covid19 cannot survive in Nigeria. It's mere geography.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by Nnamdinaija(m): 8:30am On May 10, 2020
grin
Our Nigerian leaders will prefer the confirmed cases to be on the increase since it is now their major source of income. grin

Oil is no longer selling. grin So until western countries economy reopens, and they start patronizing our oil again, Nigerian leaders will not be ready to accept the end of covid-19 in our nation so that they can keep on dipping their hands into our foreign exchange reserve voraciously in order to keep up to their extravagant lifestyle. grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by OyinO: 8:31am On May 10, 2020
Clear evidence that there's no Covid19 in Nigeria!
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by SOJOSEPH(m): 8:46am On May 10, 2020
Davash222:
So, FG legit want every State to test positive for Covid-19

That is not the point.

What the FG is doing to ensure their position of no COVID 19 case is true and sustain their capacity to sustain that.

It is just be an medical assurance exercise.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by OhBiafra: 8:49am On May 10, 2020
emmy9500:

You can't have cases of a disease when there is no testing
What is the neednof testing for a disease isn't disturbing anyone? To create unnecessary panic?
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by Enisam(m): 8:54am On May 10, 2020
Omo e b like say this covid 19 of a thing for 9ja na scam oooooo... haba.... must all the states test positive ni..... make Dem no send any team come kogi again o . we go rubbish dem#shior
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by Salako01(m): 9:19am On May 10, 2020
To those saying "They want every state to have it so they do more business with it".....what if they want to ascertain whether these guys are truly free from the virus and not a ticking time bomb like Kano. Or that they wish to know then learn what they are doing differently....just wondering.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by peterinah: 9:38am On May 10, 2020
I trust my gov. Ayade will receive money for quarantining all of them, and still declare no case. let them come and see how sweet it is to be sleeping with your nose mask on in cross river
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by lookingfly: 9:51am On May 10, 2020
maasoap:

People die in every town everyday, not to talk of a whole state. You can only ask, why the rate of death in that state is not high like Kano or other states in the north.
Lagos and Abuja have high numbers of cases and yet, the death rate haven't caused panic there too.
Sick and dead patients in Kogi and Cross River states are not being tested for the virus even when they showed symptoms of it.
Nigerian corona cases are just being hyped for monetry gains. Why did ncdc refused to compulsory testing and 14 days isolation in kogi state? That tells us something is fishy with the FG and ncdc. Remember, that they were rumors prior to the first Italian man case in Lagos that the minister of health deliberately wanted to instigate fears of Corona so some billions could be awarded for corona.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 10, 2020
dre11:

https://punchng.com/covid-19-fg-to-probe-kogi-cross-river-zero-case-claims/

Everyone coming to Kogi state where I live from FG must be quarantined for 14 days before doing anything.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 10, 2020
dre11:

https://punchng.com/covid-19-fg-to-probe-kogi-cross-river-zero-case-claims/

I beg to differ.
I live in Kogi state. You see, covid 19 is not what you can hide from the media. There are no unusual deaths in Kogi as in the case of kano that hid the truth before conceding. If people are dying of covid 19 in Kogi state, no one can conceal it from social media. Take for instance, how can Kogi has covid 19 since February and no unusual deaths at home or in the hospital? At times let's not try to explain what we don't understand, almost every month I travel across Kogi State from Egbe to Kabba to Obajana to Lokoja to Ajaokuta to Ofu to Idah, yet no unusual deaths. Are we saying corona virus does not kill people any longer?
Re: COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims by maasoap(m): 8:00pm On May 10, 2020
lookingfly:
Nigerian corona cases are just being hyped for monetry gains.

In actual sense, covid-19 cases are greatly under reported just like in most other African countries with the exception of South Africa. You know why? Our testing capacity is limited and inadequate.

Why did ncdc refused to compulsory testing and 14 days isolation in kogi state? That tells us something is fishy with the FG and ncdc.

Nothing is fishy or meaty here. They didn't reject being tested. Who would test them? Yahaya himself? How many patients or suspected cases have they tested in Kogi state? Zero! Why? Because no one to carry out the test. Why putting people who are on top of their game in isolation for 14 days just because they wanted to help you? 14 days! What would infection rate be in the state by the end of the 14th day when you were busy locking up your helpers?

Remember, that they were rumors prior to the first Italian man case in Lagos that the minister of health deliberately wanted to instigate fears of Corona so some billions could be awarded for corona.

That's buulshit we like to hear all the time. Confirmed active cases is just heading to 5,000 nationwide. By the time it clocks 200,000, I wonder what you will be saying by then.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) / Incredible Moment Paralysed Man Walks For The First Time In 12 Years (Pictures) / Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.