Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,644 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Against Fela: How Our Parent Ruined Nigeria And Our Future - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Against Fela: How Our Parent Ruined Nigeria And Our Future (185 Views)

Bolaji Abdullahi: APC Has Ruined Nigeria / I Regret Being Part Of The Evil Party That Ruined Nigeria- Osibanjo In Tears / How PDP Ruined Nigeria – Buhari Campaign DG, Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Against Fela: How Our Parent Ruined Nigeria And Our Future by gimmehear(f): 9:00pm On May 09, 2020
Against Fela: How our Parent ruined Nigeria and our future

Against Fela: How our Parent ruined Nigeria and our future – – Those adult from the 80s are the calamity of Nigeria!

I am not a supporter of violence but I do know due to my intellectual level that every political leader must be mad!!. A mad man doesn’t make calculated decision, neither are his steps predictable, but whatever he does, it’s always towards achieving something he thirst after.

I feel history may repeat itself, I’m not sure we understand what freedom is. I am not sure if those who fought for the so called independence in the 60s wanted it; what they wanted was to be able to steal from their own people, render their own people slaves, and in most cases join hands with the westerner to cheat their own people.

I was bitter when I read in history that Fela Kuti took the Stand to go for Presidency twice in the eighties but our parent never gave him a chance.

Kuti was outspoken; his songs spoke his inner thoughts. His rose in popularity throughout the 1970s signaled a change in the relation between music as an art form and Nigerian socio-political discourse.

Fela Kuti was one out of Few Nigerians who supported “Black Power” without Ethnic bias, never believed the Igbo is better, neither is the Yoruba or the Hausa better, but believe “Black Power ” was better.

Some of your parents never gave Fela a chance because they say “He is a monogamist ” meanwhile, your parents, and mine supported the Obas who are monogamist in nature to rule them, think about it? How is that different from Fela’s case?

In a more complex example, he mocks the aspiration of African women to European standards of ladyhood while extolling the values of the market woman in his song “Lady”.

Fela Kuti was also an outspoken critic even in the United States. At a meeting during his 1981 Amsterdam tour, he “complained about the psychological warfare that American organizations like ITT and the CIA waged against developing nations in terms of language.” Because terms such as Third World, undeveloped, or—even worse—non-aligned countries imply inferiority, Kuti felt they should not be used.

But “No! “. Your parents want to go to Harvard, learnt their culture, forget our own culture and then still want a good future? Is that actually possible?

In 1984, he harshly criticized and insulted the then authoritarian president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari. One of his popular songs, “Beast Of No Nation”, refers to Buhari as an animal in a madman’s body; in Nigerian Pidgin: “No be outside Buhari dey ee, na krase man be dat, animal in krase man skin ii”.

In 2015, your parents and mine brought the same Buhari to liberate the country, most of them agreed he messed up the first time, but sold him to us that he will do better this second time.

For a man who failed for about four times of contesting for the same Presidential election? Don’t you think our parent are the problem, not the government?

Corruption was one of the worst political problems facing Africa in the 70s, if not the worst; and Nigeria was among the most corrupt countries of the time. Its government was responsible for election rigging and coups that ultimately worsened poverty, economic inequality, unemployment, and political instability, which further promoted corruption and thuggery. Fela’s protest songs covered themes inspired by the realities of corruption and socio-economic inequality in Africa. Fela Kuti’s political statements could be heard throughout Africa.

Your parent and mine made this same history, the same evil they made in eighties again in twenties… How gullible?

Fela spoke more on so many educational and knowledgeable things which would have made the country better, trust me, your parents and mine didn’t buy it, they always claim they are Professors of something, where as they have nothing that will benefits the country upstairs; all they know is how to collect Cheap cash, eat small rice and those who are government workers collect cheap money, send their children outside the country because they know the country was never going to be better, nevertheless they had someone who could make things better but “They never for once chose him!”.

Your parents and mine instead of focusing on the main thing that will make Nigeria grow, they focused more on the songs of Fela that spoke on monogamy, and then use this to spite women against Fela; Your parents and mine did nothing.

I can imagine, just like most of you operate your Gadgets “Move to type comment without using your sixth sense, our parent were uttering words that would never have helped Nigeria” … And here we are, 60 years later… We are still in bondage.

History had that Fela wanted to be the President twice! But your parents didn’t even help him reach primaries. Maybe because they were chickens, or probably I will say like someone said “Fela was never serious”, your parent preferred the people who were serious and had plan on how they would put the country to a wreck, and here we are… In a wreck.

Just so you know, for every wrong decision you make; you dampen the future of every young Nigerian who grew up with hope… Just like our parent from the eighties did to ours – social media influencers, you are part of this mission too.

For every adult from the eighties who could have spoken but kept quiet, they are the real calamity that befall our dear Country “Nigeria “.

https://www.gbetutv.com/against-fella-how-our-parent-ruined-nigeria-and-our-future/

Lalasticlala

Temi Badmus

(1) (Reply)

Osun PDP Vows To Dislogdge APC In 2022, Uges Them To Start Packing Loads / Take Responsibility Or Risk Lockdown / Massob Leader Ralph Uwazurike Show His Disappointment Toward Yesom Wikes Actions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.