Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal (35737 Views)

Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff / Agboola Ajayi: More Troubles For Ondo Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by seunmsg(m): 10:32pm On May 09, 2020
The son of the Oyo State head of service has been caught in a job scandal.

Ayobami Agboola, whose mother, Amidat Agboola, was appointed in 2019, was criticised on social media on Saturday after a user said he promised to use his mum’s influence to secure him a slot.

Sulaimon Adesola said Mr Agboola promised to include his name in a list of “ghost workers” in Oyo State.

It is a fairly common practice in some states and the federal service for corrupt officials to use names of non-workers, widely known as ghost workers, to receive illegal pay.

The allegations against Mr Agboola came up after he and his accuser disagreed online over the response of the Oyo government to the coronavirus pandemic.

Mr Agboola said his friend’s criticism against the Seyi Makinde administration was because he could not secure a “ghost job” under the government.

Mr Adesola, however, said it was Mr Agboola who promised to use his mother’s influence to secure him a slot. He posted screenshots of their chats, compelling Mr Agboola to admit.

Although Mr Agboola confessed having the conversation, he said he never assured his then friend of any slot. He said he was only ‘joking’ and that Mr Adesola’s aim was to blackmail his mother.

“I want to state categorically that I know nothing about any racketeering scheme, I only egged someone I assumed was a friend on because he was doing pro bono work and I admit I should have been clearer to him as he started pestering,” he wrote on Twitter.

Many Nigerians online criticised Mr Agboola for his conduct.

Mr Agboola’s father, Hosea Agboola, is a former Senate deputy chief whip, and was recently appointed chairman of Governor Seyi Makinde’s advisory committee.

Why I promised to offer ‘ghost work’ — Agboola

Mr Agboola later told PREMIUM TIMES in a telephone interview that he truly promised Mr Adesola a “ghost worker” slot to keep him in his “team”.

“He approached me and I held him on because he was working for me. He was doing a pro-bono job for me and I wanted to keep his hope alive which he was never going to get,” he said.

READ ALSO: Coronavirus: Oyo rejects 1,800 bags of rice donated by FG

When asked about the nature of the pro-bono job, Mr Agboola said: “He worked on social media campaigns for me and I felt the best way to keep him happy is to promise him a job.”

Mr Agboola accused Mr Adesola of being a “political jobber” who helped to campaign in the last Oyo State governorship election. He said he made him a promise because he did not want to lose the man to another political party.

Mr Adesola did not respond to this newspaper’s phone calls and a text message seeking comments.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/392087-oyo-head-of-services-son-caught-in-ghost-job-scandal.html

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by Yobabad: 10:40pm On May 09, 2020
Unfortunately those that are supposed to take up the job are pamanetly here in this forum just to insult mazi Nnamdi Kalu , cause comfusion between SE and SS, rant and try to protect Bola Tinubu damaged image

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by yanabasee1(m): 10:40pm On May 09, 2020
That serves him right ...... Why do people misuse their little opportunities??

6 Likes

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by seunmsg(m): 10:42pm On May 09, 2020
If this shit had happened in Lagos or Kaduna state, all social media platforms would be on fire right now. But then, it’s Seyi Makinde’s Oyo State so he gets an easy pass as usual.

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by kereman1: 10:52pm On May 09, 2020
Yet we have qualified graduates loitering around wasting away without a job, people are indeed wicked,

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by traihit: 10:52pm On May 09, 2020
Nigeria is really on a long thing. But think of it, if staff management is a problem for MDAs, how can the government manage the citizens. Why won't we keep having ghost-citizens?

5 Likes

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by Yobabad: 11:00pm On May 09, 2020
kereman1:
Yet we have qualified graduates loitering around wasting away without a job, people are indeed wicked,
no good graduate in that state , what they have Igbo haters and those that can bet their fathers scrutum that Biafra will not come to pass, and the Buhari is the best creaw

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by SeverusSnape(m): 11:16pm On May 09, 2020
seunmsg:
If this shit had happened in Lagos or Kaduna state, all social media platforms would be on fire right now. But then, it’s Seyi Makinde’s Oyo State so he gets an easy pass as usual.
What is this one saying??
Worst ones have been happening in Bubu's the mumu Nigeria.
What have you said?... Hypocrisy is always the bane of Zombies.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by Fentanyl: 3:41am On May 10, 2020
Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by Huncho19: 3:42am On May 10, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by ignis: 3:43am On May 10, 2020
This is not abnormal in Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by Niccoloimhotep: 3:44am On May 10, 2020
Sinzu money, agba yahoo grin

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by Nobody: 3:44am On May 10, 2020
Y

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by Bola146(f): 3:44am On May 10, 2020
Wicked people sad

2 Likes

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by geedot: 3:45am On May 10, 2020
This is not a news at all, just a relationship gone south. The idiot complaining wouldn't have if he had gotten the said "ghost job" too.

Diary of two corrupt individuals.

18 Likes

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by Virus99: 3:46am On May 10, 2020
sad

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by Wickedfact: 3:47am On May 10, 2020
LincolnLynn:
Pls God gave you sense for a reason,why have u left it idle? Install it before commenting now if you have not been using it in your daily life.How is this related to seyi Makinde.

Must they explain everything to you?
The mother of the person involved is the Head of service appointed by Makinde.
Stop talking like a fool.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by nurex01(m): 3:48am On May 10, 2020
Oyo. On Your own
Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by Wickedfact: 3:49am On May 10, 2020
geedot:
This is not a news at all, just a relationship gone south. The idiot complaining wouldn't have if he had gotten the said "ghost job" too.

Diary of two corrupt individuals.

News, nothing like 'a news'.

If you were properly educated, you won't be asking this foolish question.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by handsomeyinka(m): 3:49am On May 10, 2020
Oyo state governor right now looking for ghost workers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by rhodman: 3:55am On May 10, 2020
God help job seekers oo
Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by Thinkfree(m): 3:55am On May 10, 2020
Mrs Agboola is a very good woman when she was the principal GSS karu abuja in 98, 99 and 2000.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by lpowel: 3:55am On May 10, 2020
seunsmg:
The son of the Oyo State head of service has been caught in a job scandal. Ayobami Agboola, whose mother, Amidat Agboola, was appointed in 2019, was criticised on social media on Saturday after a user said he promised to use his mum’s influence to secure him a slot.
Sulaimon Adesola said Mr Agboola promised to include his name in a list of “ghost workers” in Oyo State......

nothing new

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by YorubaNinja: 3:55am On May 10, 2020
tongue

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by overseer1(m): 3:57am On May 10, 2020
The True Son of his Father.

He ìs already leaning fast. The father is preparing him for the national bazaar where he can wantonly showcase his nuclear capabilities with abandon.

May God save us from generational embezzlers who the traits of looting run through the genealogical tree.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by AreaFada2: 3:57am On May 10, 2020
Normal in 9ja.
Re: Ayobami Agboola Caught In Oyo ‘Ghost Job’ Scandal by YorubaNinja: 3:58am On May 10, 2020
seunmsg:

What easy pass? You sure got a problem, a mental one for that matter. angry

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo / The New NSA, Boko Haram And The Release Of Boko Haram Co-founder "Tishau" / Emir Of Bungudu Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.