Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,323 members, 7,780,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:40 PM

FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week (48988 Views)

Only Four States Attracted $1.08bn Capital Inflows, Despite Govts’ Trips Abroad / Senate Passes Bills To Establish Medical Centres In Four States / Blackout Looms In Four States As PHED Workers Threaten Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by ijustdey: 7:46am On May 10, 2020
Faith Yahaya, Abuja
THE Federal Government has disclosed that the school feeding programme for pupils in primary schools will commence next week in four states.

As part of measures to cushion the impact of COVID-19 and lockdown on vulnerable households, President Muhammadu Buhari had, during his first broadcast in March, directed the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development to work with relevant state governments in developing a strategy on how to sustain the school feeding programme despite closure of schools.

In carrying out the directive, the ministry said it would liaise with state governors to work out modalities on how the feeding programme would continue while pupils are at home.

The minister in previous fora had also hinted that a door-to-door voucher distribution system would be used for the feeding exercise.

Giving an update on the programme, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development, Sadiya Farouq, said the exercise would commence in Lagos, Ogun, Kano states, and the FCT next week.

Speaking at the Karimajiji Disabled Colony in the FCT yesterday during the distribution of palliatives to Persons with Disabilities (PwDs), the minister said: “By next week, we are going to start off the school feeding programme with FCT, Lagos, Ogun, and Kano states.
https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-to-commence-school-feeding-programme-in-four-states-next-week/

6 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by BranddesignerH: 7:49am On May 10, 2020
Are they not supposed to talk about resumption first before feeding Program? Or is there something they are not telling us?

Abeg joor I will Design a Professional Logo for your Product or Services for 2500 Only. Please see my signature.

157 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by ignitewatch(m): 7:50am On May 10, 2020
Lies

158 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by SeverusSnape(m): 7:51am On May 10, 2020
rubbish lies. I thought the schools are closed.

185 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by LibertyRep: 7:53am On May 10, 2020
Since the schools are closed and the pupils are at home, I will advise that the ministry in charge change the name of this WONDERFUL intervention to home- feeding programme.

However I wish the NASS is paying attention to this and they stop the wasteful spending about to get down, if they're not complicit.

There has to be a limit to how much the scarce resources can be frittered away, not even now that recession is staring us in the face.

215 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by jarawa: 7:55am On May 10, 2020
Fake

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:58am On May 10, 2020
The money should be used for other meaningful things instead of food that is not worth eating for the pupils. Some of them throw the food away, most of this pupils even live far away from the school, will they be locating them one by one. Another avenue to loot for some barawo's.

186 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by AfonjaConehead: 8:01am On May 10, 2020
Thunda Faya Lugard seriously,faya all of you.
The Delta provide the money and are always neglected.

As long as you neglect the goose laying the golden eggs, you will never amount to anything good..na you swear for yourself

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by BlackSpanner: 8:14am On May 10, 2020
This Bubu's side chick, A.K.A Madam disaster is indeed the Diezani of this administration.

You say it is impossible to credit the account of Nigerians via BVN as a palliative, yet you have come out with this conduit pipe project to re - loot the Abacha's loot.

Most of this children at this point are somewhere at this point assisting their parents to hawk or some other businesses to feed, yet you sit in your AC house to ride on their vulnerability. Karma is chilling in the fridge for you.

Imagine the states chosen Lagos, Kano, Ogun, FCT. They just want to use the population of this states to inflate the amount looted.

Credit the accounts of their parents and stop fooling yourself. Just convert $312 million to naira. This can take care of all Nigerians with a total lockdown for one month.

I just hope she is not planning to feed children with her expired and poisonous rice.

Barawo!!!

230 Likes 23 Shares

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by Karlifate: 8:57am On May 10, 2020
Time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by Peterobi90: 9:54am On May 10, 2020
The repatriated $311m is about to vanish...

The worry is not even about the corrupt initiatives anymore, it's the fact no one listens to our outrage no matter the quarters it's coming from..

I know first hand, the Saraki led senate would never have taken this alongside the outrage from the general masses...

People screamed against having a rubber stamp senate, they said the 8th senate was a stumbling block to progress....... progress to what really?..

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by helinues: 9:55am On May 10, 2020
Schools that are still closed or are they confused?

18 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by Racoon(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2020
This woman should let Nigerians be with all these her stupid inconsistent lies. angry

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by Beremx(f): 10:26am On May 10, 2020
How do they intend to feed the children house to house?

Some things are just unimaginable and senseless

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by CodeTemplar: 11:08am On May 10, 2020
What!
The APC bigwigs are only after getting their paper inflow running again.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by olucephas(m): 11:13am On May 10, 2020
scammers everywhere

3 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by emeijeh(m): 11:31am On May 10, 2020
ldiots.
When pupils are still in their homes.

Audio government.

7 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by Staro: 11:32am On May 10, 2020

These people are extremely confused, I swear !
I have never seen such a useless set of so-called leaders

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by heykims(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2020
Is it only me that think this school feeding program is a waste of money and resources?

43 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by TheStarsAlign: 11:32am On May 10, 2020
They have seen this formulae as an effective method of stealing money (money that cannot be accounted for). It has worked before and so must work again. Okafor's law says once de be, always de be grin

All hail the great Sinzu & Oshi Bobo AKA 'The Sidekick'.

18 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by DigitB: 11:32am On May 10, 2020
shocked
Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by Slawormir: 11:32am On May 10, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
helinues:
Schools that are still closed or are they confused?
obembet:
The pupils at home or where?
emeijeh:
ldiots.
When pupils are still in their homes.

Audio government.
Damnnnnn
See them
We nor dey read at all for this country
Isoright

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by Judolisco(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2020
Audio government... U can't feed d Nation for jst a week... Lockdown d country again and see massive protest, school feeding program at home grin

6 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by DEHVEHLOP(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2020
Audio states

Audio feeding

Audio government

2 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by chiefolododo(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2020
Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by obembet(f): 11:32am On May 10, 2020
The pupils at home or where?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by YorubaNinja: 11:32am On May 10, 2020
Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by datola: 11:32am On May 10, 2020
How

E-fooding?

4 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by JBoy9(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2020
Next news is FG spent 6BN to feed school children. SCAM!!

Abeg who do us laidis?

Some headlines make me wonder if we have sane leaders in this country.

8 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by ogawriter(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2020
Which children are in school? When all primary, secondary, and tertiary institutions are closed as a result of the Covid-19.

I know they have been plotting how to loot EU Funds and the "Abacha's Asset" that was repatrated some days ago. They should just say they want to loot money.

11 Likes

Re: FG To Commence School Feeding Programme In Four States Next Week by Slimdaddy2: 11:33am On May 10, 2020
LibertyRep:
Since the schools are closed and the pupils are at home, I will advise that the ministry in charge change the name of this WONDERFUL intervention to home- feeding programme.

However I wish the NASS is paying attention to this and they stop the wasteful spending about to get down, if they're not complicit.

There has to be a limit to how much the scarce resources can be frittered away, not even now that recession is staring us in the face.

you took the words out of my mouth

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Edo Election: INEC Staff Take Cash From APC, Claim They Have Not Been Paid - AIT / Saraki Is Technically Out Of Office! / Dele Momodu Writes A Letter To Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.