Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja (47856 Views)

300 Men, 83 Women, Child Evacuated From UAE Arrive Abuja / Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners / This Is How Human Waste Is Evacuated From An Aeroplane. (photos And Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 10, 2020
dinggle:
If you reside in NY where coro is catching every thing that moves, wont you self-deport? They preserved their lives to fight another day.

I get it, NY is a Mega slum.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Slowg02: 12:45pm On May 10, 2020
They came back to the zoo :DThey came back to the zoo
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by EjaikreTheViper(f): 12:45pm On May 10, 2020
i don't think these ones have legal permit to stay in the US. if they did, they wouldn't come back to this hell
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by drakeli: 12:46pm On May 10, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
Jesus Christ, why would someone willingly coming back to Nigeria from Yankee, I will rather die there.

Trust me. Those are Nigerians with travel plan already to visit their families in Nigeria. Who will see opportunities of free transport and not take advantage of it? That’s the true picture

For Buharis mind now, he thinks he was evacuating people fleeing covid 19
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Mizwisdom(f): 12:46pm On May 10, 2020
southniyikaye:
I don't understand. Is it the same USA so many Re dying to get into? Abi na another unknown USA?

You're poor, when you become rich you will know that Nigeria is sweet grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by K4daniel: 12:46pm On May 10, 2020
Some of them have dual citizenship and they may want to relax at home and escape the deadly desease untill corona virus is over in The USA.

While others don't have legal means to stay too long in the USA, so it's better to come home and die rather than dying in a strange land without paper. You can decipher the outcome of such death. I know a friend who came the last day of border closure from the US he told me he would rather die in Naija than the US. After the 14days isolation he is perfectly ok in his house eating the best food waiting for corona to go.

Wisdom is needful at this level. May God heal the world as this too shall pass ijn.

2 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Koolking(m): 12:46pm On May 10, 2020
nairalandankrah:
Evacuating your Nationals in other countries with foreign airlines,
While foreign nationals in your country are being airlifted by their own domestic airlines...
Our politicians are EVIL

It doesn't matter which airlines the govt use. Foreign nationals or Returnees all pay for their respective flight tickets.

Nigerian govt negotiated good deals for the Returnees. Govt took advantage of the empty foreign airlines coming to Nigeria to evacuate their citizens. Give credit for once when deserving.

9 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Originalsly: 12:47pm On May 10, 2020
I guess most of them were here on vacation/business/schooling and got stranded. Schools are on lockdown .... most businesses closed.... those opened staff reduced.... those returning know it is bad in Nigeria but worse for them. Then those who came to hustle and got trapped.... little hope for normalcy this summer and winter is coming.... maybe more flu... they would find it better to bail out. This is the worse I've seen..... hardship has hit the land even for those that are legal and receiving palliatives. The homeless is another level... they are being driven out from their places of rest....mainly the warm subways and stations at nights... I just hope they are not rounded up and used for COVID-19 drug experiments.

Homeless.... trying to catch sleep between doors of an apartment building during the day.

2 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by martineverest(m): 12:47pm On May 10, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
Jesus Christ, why would someone willingly coming back to Nigeria from Yankee, I will rather die there.
they are mostly students and business men that are stranded

u think it's easy to stay indoor without source of income??

3 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Coolcalmcollect(m): 12:47pm On May 10, 2020
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by eyinola: 12:47pm On May 10, 2020
Fejous:
We should remember that some Nigerians travelled to various countries around the globe for business or other purposes before the outbreak of coro. They never intended to stay back in those countries because they have business and/or family ties in Nigeria that require attention. The returnees are not those who are habitual residents, but Nigerians who travelled and intended to return home, but were stranded abroad. Not every Nigerian wants to live abroad and no one hustling in America �� will like to come back.
u hv sense too much, most of the people coming back went on holz and r now stranded, i hv a friend who plan on spending 3 weeks in Dubai before the virus outbreak hold her down thr, she was even crying because she has now over stayed, over spending on hotel and feeding..na from here sef we dey gather money send her..imagine sleeping in hotel in Dubai for more than 2 months

3 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:48pm On May 10, 2020
Wetin dem forget for our shithole?

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by YungLasaint(m): 12:48pm On May 10, 2020
masterP042:

Just hustle to be rich.. When you're rich in Nigeria, you'll enjoy more than in abroad. You'll be like a demi god here, with lots of convoy, security personel, houses and cars. In abroad, you can't achieve such luxury. Our rich men like obasanjo, ibb, atiku and the rest even enjoy more than bill gates, Zuckerberg, ortega and the rest.
Your type dey make abroad look too easy while it's not so. U dey uk no really be achievement o, some of u guys over there no get shishi. Whereas some carpenters and mechanics here in naija live in their own houses.
Good talk... Those wealthy guys are the ones enjoying Nigeria...

3 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Mizwisdom(f): 12:49pm On May 10, 2020
sefce:
these guys are not dumb as you think.many of them have green cards,they will certainly return back after the pandemic. it was just a free ticket ride back home.

Free ticket? they paid from their pocket

3 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by cooljide(m): 12:50pm On May 10, 2020
Welcome back home.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by winj: 12:50pm On May 10, 2020
frying pan to fire?
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Mizwisdom(f): 12:50pm On May 10, 2020
drakeli:

Trust me. Those are Nigerians with travel plan already to visit their families in Nigeria. Who will see opportunities of free transport and not take advantage of it? That’s the true picture

For Buharis mind now, he thinks he was evacuating people fleeing covid 19

They paid for their ticket
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Dpaulie(m): 12:50pm On May 10, 2020
ObafemiAwoIowo:
God bless you for the clarification
You nailed it bro
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by AdaoraNK(f): 12:54pm On May 10, 2020
dayleke:

Good point.

Air Peace airlifted stranded Nigerians for free in South Africa and a to and fro for Chinese doctors. But now they want to pay to airlift stranded Nigerians they now remembered British airways, Emirates airline and more too.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Donwoosky: 12:54pm On May 10, 2020
I taya o where men de find visa travel UK this ones de come back they no ask the people whe come back from Dubai wetin dem de see for lag I rather stay there than come back naija at this time.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Litmus: 12:55pm On May 10, 2020
Only a monumental fool calls their homeland shithole while praising another mans land.

10 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by bedfordking: 12:55pm On May 10, 2020
southniyikaye:
I don't understand.
Is it the same USA so many Re dying to get into?
Abi na another unknown USA?

There are some people who run successful businesses and where on business trip or the ones who were just on holiday they should not return
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by YungLasaint(m): 12:55pm On May 10, 2020
Welcome back guys... You make a wise decision in coming back home... No place like home... After the pandemic you can still return back.

1 Like

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by ChyjoskyJ: 12:56pm On May 10, 2020
This aircraft is not Boeing 747.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by big7: 12:57pm On May 10, 2020
southniyikaye:
I don't understand.
Is it the same USA so many Re dying to get into?
Abi na another unknown USA?

Don't be deceived, this once can easily go back when everything is cooled down... They might posses the US passport..
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Investnow2017: 12:57pm On May 10, 2020
May I ask an honest question please. What accounts for the rising Covid-19 related death rate in Nigeria?

In my opinion, 128 deaths out of some 4k cases is no good omen going forward. It's scary. What if it turns later that patients will have to pay for their own treatment, what will life look like. Because I seem to see that coming, my fears may be unfounded though.

1 Like

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by omobaTm(m): 12:57pm On May 10, 2020
No be lie..
masterP042:

Just hustle to be rich.. When you're rich in Nigeria, you'll enjoy more than in abroad. You'll be like a demi god here, with lots of convoy, security personel, houses and cars. In abroad, you can't achieve such luxury. Our rich men like obasanjo, ibb, atiku and the rest even enjoy more than bill gates, Zuckerberg, ortega and the rest.
Your type dey make abroad look too easy while it's not so. U dey uk no really be achievement o, some of u guys over there no get shishi. Whereas some carpenters and mechanics here in naija live in their own houses.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by YungLasaint(m): 12:57pm On May 10, 2020
Litmus:
Only a monumental fool calls their homeland shithole while praising another mans land.
Leave them... Na people like them dey drag this country back.

3 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by delvzy(m): 12:57pm On May 10, 2020
I do want to know why this country keeps doing the bidding of the westerns.
We need to make decisions on our own; not because we don't love our own but for a better and clean society we need to have our own identity.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by kingthreat(m): 12:58pm On May 10, 2020
Air Travel is responsible for making coronavirus a pandemic
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by id911(m): 12:58pm On May 10, 2020
Welcome back brethren! Thank God for safe journey. God bless us all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport / Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons / Bandits Attack Kaduna Airport, Stop A Lagos-Bound Aircraft. Kill One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.