Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God (2953 Views)

Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / If You Get A Telescope, You Will Immediately Stop Believing The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 2:01pm On May 10, 2020
Hi readers, l'm a good Christian, one that truly believe in Jehovah God and his son Jesus Christ, but being a devoted Christian has brought a lot of scorning and mockery, people and peers say am stupid, foolish and a dumdum for being so devote as a Christian.
But nobody has given me a good reason to doubt my faith, so I ask you nairalanders who are atheist, to show me otherwise.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Solearr: 2:02pm On May 10, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5831576/atheists-get-here-share-reasons

The existences of Yahweh, Allah, Jesus, and all other religious/traditional Gods (even the supposed spiritual entities like Satan, Angels, Demons, Ghosts, Jinn, etc.) have no basis in reality ie. their existences have no proof/evidence.

--- Despite the loud noise about God's existence and great power, events always occur and always proceed as one would expect if there were no gods, no supernatural interventions, and mankind is left on its own to solve its own problems by itself. Events always follow the natural route.

--- Holy books are nonsensical, contradictory, and inaccurate.

--- There is no sign of a supernatural intervention in human life.

--- The lives of believers and unbelievers are virtually not different. There are poor believers, there are poor unbelievers; there are rich believers, there are rich unbelievers. Believers and unbelievers are virtually subject to the same tragedies (rape, mental illnesses, untimely death, terminal illness, poverty, etc), misfortune, and fortune. What difference do God and religion really make?

--- Subconsciously, most religious people don't even believe the holy books. They don't even take them seriously.

--- If nothing is too hard for God, why are atheist still without any proof for God's existence? Why can't there ever be a miracle? Why are Christian amputees never made whole? Why are Christians still dying from cancer and other terminal diseases? Why do some Christians suffer mental illnesses like unbelievers?

--- How come all the supposed miracles in churches are always those that can be faked? Why not those that cannot be faked such as amputees and a severed heads being restored?

8 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by HappyPagan: 2:02pm On May 10, 2020
What is God?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Enoch07: 2:03pm On May 10, 2020
you don't need any reason, asking for reasons alone is enough reason

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 2:04pm On May 10, 2020
HappyPagan:
What is God?
the creator of the universe
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by kingxsamz(m): 2:12pm On May 10, 2020
Solearr:

The existences of Yahweh, Allah, Jesus, and all other religious/traditional Gods (even the supposed spiritual entities like Satan, Angels, Demons, Ghosts, Jinn, etc.) have no basis in reality ie. their existences have no proof/evidence.

--- Despite the loud noise about God's existence and great power, events always occur and always proceed as one would expect if there were no gods, no supernatural interventions, and mankind is left on its own to solve its own problems by itself. Events always follow the natural route.

--- The lives of believers and unbelievers are virtually not different. There are poor believers, there are poor unbelievers; there are rich believers, there are rich unbelievers. Believers and unbelievers are virtually subject to the same tragedies (rape, mental illnesses, untimely death, terminal illness, poverty, etc), misfortune, and fortune. What difference do God and religion really make?

--- Subconsciously, most religious people don't even believe the holy books. They don't even take them seriously.

--- If nothing is too hard for God, why are atheist still without any proof for God's existence? Why can't there ever be a miracle? Why are Christian amputees never made whole? Why are Christians still dying from cancer and other terminal diseases? Why do some Christians suffer mental illnesses like unbelievers?

--- How come all the supposed miracles in churches are always those that can be faked? Why not those that cannot be faked such as amputees and a severed heads being restored?

Op, if you can read this person's post and reply logically, then I'll know you have sesne.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by HappyPagan: 2:14pm On May 10, 2020
Mbataku96:
the creator of the universe
Many creation tales exist - with different actors we call God or gods. Some Gods have no Sons; yours does.... Why do you believe in yours? And is your belief your reality, or our reality?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Daroldigits: 2:15pm On May 10, 2020
I read what you posted here but make no sense at all. If you believe there is no God, then you have mental illness.
Solearr:

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 2:16pm On May 10, 2020
Solearr:

No one has faked the glory of God yet, it is the only miracle that has eluded to fake .
Moreover I have seen amputees healed, it takes a high level of spirituality & faith to perform.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Solearr: 2:20pm On May 10, 2020
Daroldigits:
I read what you posted here but make no sense at all. If you believe there is no God, then you have mental illness.

Fvck off except you have something meaningful to add to the thread

I'm tired of convos with the numerous fools littering this forum

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Solearr: 2:20pm On May 10, 2020
Mbataku96:

No one has faked the glory of God yet, it is the only miracle that has eluded to fake .
Moreover I have seen amputees healed, it takes a high level of spirituality & faith to perform.
Post a clear video here and let's see. If not shut the fvck up!!!

8 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 2:22pm On May 10, 2020
HappyPagan:

Many creation tales exist - with different actors we call God or gods. Some Gods have no Sons; yours does.... Why do you believe in yours? And is your belief your reality, or our reality?

Christianity is not just a belief, it's a spiritual experience an intimacy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 2:25pm On May 10, 2020
Solearr:

Post a clear video here and let's see. If not shut the fvck up!!!
go to hppt//sidroth/it's supernatural.com, a lot of videos there to see
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Solearr: 2:28pm On May 10, 2020
Mbataku96:
go to hppt//sidroth/it's supernatural.com, a lot of videos there to see
[/b][/i][/color]There are a lot of videos of Chris oyakhilome performing miracles doesn't mean I don't see them as the bullsheet they are[b][i][color=#770077]

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 2:29pm On May 10, 2020
I've seen any good reasons, lalasticalala help us
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by HappyPagan: 2:31pm On May 10, 2020
Mbataku96:

Christianity is not just a belief, it's a spiritual experience an intimacy
Christianity is a belief. Your Faith is based on belief in Christianity.
Of course, those beliefs can create an experience in your mind, and there is nothing more intimate than a personal experience.

Your personal experience doesn't define someone else's experience - the man who is Muslim believes in God just as much as you do... Your Gods aren't the same, but they both offer some rules and guides on how to spend your life on earth. Many Gods exist, some Gods have died, Gods will come and go. For they are just ideas.

6 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 2:43pm On May 10, 2020
HappyPagan:

Christianity is a belief. Your Faith is based on belief in Christianity.
Of course, those beliefs can create an experience in your mind, and there is nothing more intimate than a personal experience.

Your personal experience doesn't define someone else's experience - the man who is Muslim believes in God just as much as you do... Your Gods aren't the same, but they both offer some rules and guides on how to spend your life on earth. Many Gods exist, some Gods have died, Gods will come and go. For they are just ideas.
My God (Jesus) is not just any god, he is the Truth, the Way and the Life.
He has proven to be the greatest by come down to us and giving he life, and death didn't stop him from rising like the sun in all Glory.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by CAPSLOCKED: 2:44pm On May 10, 2020
Mbataku96:
Hi readers, l'm a good Christian, one that truly believe in Jehovah God and his son Jesus Christ, but being a devoted Christian has brought a lot of scorning and mockery, people and peers say am stupid, foolish and a dumdum for being so devote as a Christian.
But nobody has given me a good reason to doubt my faith, so I ask you nairalanders who are atheist, to show me otherwise.

AS LONG AS NIGERIA IS CONCERNED NOBODY DOES THIS, NOT MUSLIMS, NOT TRADITIONALIST, NOT EVEN THE IRRELIGIOUS.

LOOK FOR ANOTHER FORMAT IF YOU WANT TO TREND.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Pentasoft1978: 2:46pm On May 10, 2020
For those of you loosing your brain that God does not exist. Go and carry out a research why the book called the Holy Bible was never put into extinction despite the several attempts. Fear God. believe it or not he exit. I am talking about Jehovah.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 2:53pm On May 10, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

AS LONG AS NIGERIA IS CONCERNED NOBODY DOES THIS, NOT MUSLIMS, NOT TRADITIONALIST, NOT EVEN THE IRRELIGIOUS.

LOOK FOR ANOTHER FORMAT IF YOU WANT TO TREND.
you've not answered my question.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by kingxsamz(m): 3:24pm On May 10, 2020
Daroldigits:

You read and concluded that it doesn't make any sense. Why don't you come up with your own counter opinion to prove that what be said doesn't make sense, rather than throwing empty words?

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by kingxsamz(m): 3:27pm On May 10, 2020
Mbataku96:

He has proven to be the greatest by come down to us and giving he life, and death didn't stop him from rising like the sun in all Glory.

You're quoting your bible...
Why do you people always dodge points being thrown at you. undecided
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by HappyPagan: 3:44pm On May 10, 2020
Mbataku96:

Your Jesus was killed by three nails.
Your Jesus had a virgin mother..
Your Jesus died over 2000 years ago.

Your Jesus? Really? What makes him your Jesus? He is a foreign character. Not one word in the Bible was written by anybody that like you. Colonization brought you Jesus and this language you type . That's like saying 'Your English' because you speak English.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by HappyPagan: 3:45pm On May 10, 2020
You don't need a reason to 'not' believe in God - you are just here to advertise yours. Tm

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Heathen777(m): 5:32pm On May 10, 2020
Mbataku96:

Your question is misdirected, because the burden of proof regarding your faith lies on the believer and not on the unbelievers. So OP, give us a good reason why we shouldn't doubt your faith...
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:40pm On May 10, 2020
Mbataku96:

your holybook clearly states that:

Matthew 7:7-8
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

... so why dont you pray for ANYTHING you have always desired in life and see if it will happen today, this week, this year or even this century....if it doesnt then you will clearly have a confirmation that religion is BS.

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 6:09pm On May 10, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

your holybook clearly states that:

Matthew 7:7-8
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

... so why dont you pray for ANYTHING you have always desired in life and see if it will happen today, this week, this year or even this century....if it doesnt then you will clearly have a confirmation that religion is BS.
what if I pray that you die, do you want my God to answer.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Omar09(m): 6:11pm On May 10, 2020
Mbataku96:

You don't need any reason to stop believing in God. You want to stop, you could do it in your house and no one will notice, you wanna continue you can go ahead and still no one will notice. Stop being stůpid on social media.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by HappyPagan: 6:12pm On May 10, 2020
Mbataku96:
Your God is dead already, how can he answer?
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 6:28pm On May 10, 2020
HappyPagan:

Your God is dead already, how can he answer?
my friend he is alive, I encountered him this very Sunday.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 6:30pm On May 10, 2020
Omar09:

You don't need any reason to stop believing in God. You want to stop, you could do it in your house and no one will notice, you wanna continue you can go ahead and still no one will notice. Stop being stůpid on social media.
what exactly is making you angry, just give your opinion go.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:35pm On May 10, 2020
Mbataku96:

i dare you to do it now and we will all see if your god is just a pile of garbage or not... I DARE YOU TO PRAY FOR MY DEATH, RIGHT NOW!!!!

your god is rubbish! focus on the millions of innocent people who are dying, that your god does not save...focus on the millions of innocent people that are sick destitute hungry, that your god does not save. your evil god hasnt saved anyone but you really think he will now kill innocent people? only an evil good for nothing bastard god would do that.

use your brain!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

⚫⚫After the first rapture the second coming of Jesus is Going To be The Last Day / Why I Became An Atheist / A & Z Attributes Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.