Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God (2954 Views)

Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / If You Get A Telescope, You Will Immediately Stop Believing The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:13pm On May 13, 2020
odinson1:

hmmmm interesting
so you mean you've seen and spoken to God before? and he actually answered you,asin you heard clearly with your ears?

we know them.... after smoking weed and losing their damn minds, they usually see god na!

[img]https://media1./images/db2401d3fcc88dbb665057c771fc4cc1/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mirriamvic(f): 1:28am On May 14, 2020
Solearr:
https://www.nairaland.com/5831576/atheists-get-here-share-reasons

The existences of Yahweh, Allah, Jesus, and all other religious/traditional Gods (even the supposed spiritual entities like Satan, Angels, Demons, Ghosts, Jinn, etc.) have no basis in reality ie. their existences have no proof/evidence.

--- Despite the loud noise about God's existence and great power, events always occur and always proceed as one would expect if there were no gods, no supernatural interventions, and mankind is left on its own to solve its own problems by itself. Events always follow the natural route.

--- Holy books are nonsensical, contradictory, and inaccurate.

--- There is no sign of a supernatural intervention in human life.

--- The lives of believers and unbelievers are virtually not different. There are poor believers, there are poor unbelievers; there are rich believers, there are rich unbelievers. Believers and unbelievers are virtually subject to the same tragedies (rape, mental illnesses, untimely death, terminal illness, poverty, etc), misfortune, and fortune. What difference do God and religion really make?

--- Subconsciously, most religious people don't even believe the holy books. They don't even take them seriously.

--- If nothing is too hard for God, why are atheist still without any proof for God's existence? Why can't there ever be a miracle? Why are Christian amputees never made whole? Why are Christians still dying from cancer and other terminal diseases? Why do some Christians suffer mental illnesses like unbelievers?

--- How come all the supposed miracles in churches are always those that can be faked? Why not those that cannot be faked such as amputees and a severed heads being restored?
we are still practicing religions, until we embrace Christ, and be true Christians. I am a living witnesse

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by IamMichael(m): 5:05am On May 14, 2020
Mbataku96:
odinson1 HappyPagan Enoch07 Solearr IamMichael whitelotus MrBrownJay1
I was hoping you guys will give me very reasonable cause to be an atheist, but you all failed woefully.
So I did some research on atheist, and I realized that atheism is an ideology birthed out of fear, hate and stupendous ignorance.
[qoute]MBakunin, "the idea of God implies the abdication of human reason and justice; it is the most decisive negation of human liberty, and necessarily ends in the enslavement of mankind, in theory, and practice." He reversed Voltaire's aphorism that if God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him, writing instead that "if God really existed, it would be necessary to abolish him."[qoute] after I saw this, I realized that the issue with you guys is not that God does not exist, but you know he does exist but you are too much a coward to admit it that you decided to abolish him for your lives and the lives of others. I rest my case, God is able and willing, but man is not. Glory to the ancient of days.
When i first saw your topic, i thought you actually wanted to learn, but then someone pointed out something to me here, and i listened to him.

The simple truth though is that you should be seeking for reasons to believe there is a God, not the other way round... because I am 100% certain your belief in God was as a result of indoctrination from when you were a child like most religious enthusiasts in this part of the world.

From your comments here, obviously you are out to ridicule rather than to seek. The first rule of thumb when seeking for new knowledge is to keep an open mind, and forget about everything you think you know prior to the journey.

From my experiences here on nairaland, one of your colleagues here called @southniyikaye when questioned thoroughly by me even categorically had to lie that one of the ways he confirmed God exists as a christian when he grew up was that God saved him from a snake...
The other one called @shadeyinka simply employed a diversionary tactics, his way of avoiding simple questions...and when i decided to ask him specific questions, he had nothing to say and ran away.
The other one @aadoiza wanted to make a joke of me, i also asked him simple questions... again he ran away...
The other one called @elated77 or something was using lightning as his proof of God's existence, I simply told him he is just on nairaland to make a fôol of himself...he has been running around since then, raving like a lunatic and cursing me in the name of Yahweh...

Only @shadeyinka is the christian here who never resorted to insult in our discuss when he had nothing else to say... something obviously rare among christians all the christians in this forum. It seems like insulting people comes naturally to them, especially when they no longer can defend the lie, they turn to insults.

So, here are questions for you:

1) - Have you found God?
- Have you seen God?
- Have you heard from God before in your
entire life? If yes, how.
- Have you felt God before in your entire life?
- If you have felt God, what exactly did you feel?

2) - How did you find God?
- What did he look like when you saw him?
- What did he sound like when you heard him?
- How did you realise what you are feeling was
God?
- how did you know who you saw was God?
- how did you know the voice you heard was that of God?

3) - In what ways does God manifest himself in
your life?
- What is the most visible thing that is a direct
resultant of your meeting with God?

I'm sure you don't need a Bible to answer the above questions seeing as you claim that you know God exists and you have a personal relationship with him and his son called Jesus Christ.

If you cannot answer the above questions, it's better you quit deceiving and filling your brain with imaginary fantasies.

Regards!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Nobody: 7:35am On May 14, 2020
FAITH is benefitial but there is a tin line between FAITH and CREDULITY!

Most people are just credulous thinking they have FAITH, first of all you need to know the meaning of FAITH and since you claim to be a Christian i'll quote the Christian Greek Scriptures for you.

@Hebrew 11:1 Apostle Paul defined FAITH as the assured expectation of things that we hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities even when we've not seen it!

So in a nutshell, FAITH brings benefits to those having it.

For instance, the man who designed the aeroplane have never seen a flying vessel carrying people before, never had of it but after a thorough research discovered it is possible. So what did he do? He began putting his thoughts into action and telling people around him that this thing is possible! Of course many of his contemporaries will take him for an insane but because he never gave up today people now travels through air! smiley

That's what FAITH means! James 2:18-26

So if truthfully you believe in God, then you should have a purpose at which you're working to fulfill as one of God's co-workers! 1Corinthians 3:9 compare to Philippians 4:3

Well God promised that he will make this earth a Paradise for all it's inhabitants {Psalms 37:7-11, 67:6-7; Isaiah 25:8, 35:5-6, 65:21-23} he also promised to gather faithful people from all the corners of the earth to join him in fulfilling this dream! Isaiah 2:2-4

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Nobody: 8:17am On May 14, 2020
Don't mind the ATHEISTS!

They've been blinded by Satan! 2Corinthians 4:4

They claimed to be advocates of freethinking yet they're restless, they can't leave others to make their own choices.

If there is no God (Supreme Being) then why must you ask me what i believe?

If you believe i should be free to decide what i want to do with my own life, then why bother about how i live it?

Well only God has the right to set standards for right and wrong thoughts.

Humans can arrest you when you do what affects others negatively but nobody has the right to arrest you for what is still in your brains except God! Matthew 5:28

So if ATHEISTS are now worried over what people are thinking in their own minds, are they truthfully advocating for freethinking?

That's how ATHEISM became a complete failure! Job 5:13 wink
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by CAPSLOCKED: 8:20am On May 14, 2020
IamMichael:
@southniyikaye when questioned thoroughly by me even categorically had to lie that one of the ways he confirmed God exists as a christian when he grew up was that God saved him from a snake.

ME THAT GOD SAVED FROM A RAT. MAYBE IT'S TIME TO GIVE THIS TESTIMONY IN CHURCH.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by IamMichael(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

ME THAT GOD SAVED FROM A RAT. MAYBE IT'S TIME TO GIVE THIS TESTIMONY IN CHURCH.

I'm telling you o... Ant almost bit me this morning, but i shouted "Jesus Christ!" and God saved me from getting bitten by that ant. Who knows what would have happened if i was not quick enough to shout my God's name... that ant would have bitten me. Praise God!!!

God will never allow ant or anything to bite me or any other person in Jesus name!!!

And the Amens will start flowing in!!!

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Solearr: 11:36am On May 14, 2020
Mbataku96:
odinson1 HappyPagan Enoch07 Solearr IamMichael whitelotus MrBrownJay1
I was hoping you guys will give me very reasonable cause to be an atheist, but you all failed woefully.
So I did some research on atheist, and I realized that atheism is an ideology birthed out of fear, hate and stupendous ignorance.
[qoute]MBakunin, "the idea of God implies the abdication of human reason and justice; it is the most decisive negation of human liberty, and necessarily ends in the enslavement of mankind, in theory, and practice." He reversed Voltaire's aphorism that if God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him, writing instead that "if God really existed, it would be necessary to abolish him."[qoute] after I saw this, I realized that the issue with you guys is not that God does not exist, but you know he does exist but you are too much a coward to admit it that you decided to abolish him for your lives and the lives of others. I rest my case, God is able and willing, but man is not. Glory to the ancient of days.

My guy you set us up na. You should have said you were a die hard christian, I would not have replied you.... Instead you wrung an answer from me through deceit. Like your pastors do.

Liars and thieves
Spits

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 10:03pm On May 15, 2020
IamMichael:

So, here are questions for you:

1) - Have you found God?
- Have you seen God?
- Have you heard from God before in your
entire life? If yes, how.
- Have you felt God before in your entire life?
- If you have felt God, what exactly did you feel?
Ans
1 yes, I have
° No, but I've felt his presence
°Yes I've heard him, now by my faith I swear, you know how a satellite decoder receives info, just like that God passes info to my medular, you probably say am mad.
°like I said Yes I've felt his presence and it has two major feeling for me, love/joy and conviction of guilty.
[/quote][/color]
2) - How did you find God?
- What did he look like when you saw him?
- What did he sound like when you heard him?
- How did you realise what you are feeling was
God?
- how did you know who you saw was God?
- how did you know the voice you heard was that of God?
[/color][/quote]
2 found him in an encounter, when I cried for the depth of my heart.
°Light, image of unapproachable light
° after the encounter, I got a powerful and burning desire to study the Bible and my studying gave clearly too my confusions on the encounter.
[/quote][/color]
3) - In what ways does God manifest himself in
your life?
- What is the most visible thing that is a direct
resultant of your meeting with God?
[/color]
3 God manifests himself in multiple ways, like once when I and my family were due for rent and couldn't pay up, the landlord was about to kick us out, and I cried to God, and he answered in a miraculous way and now we live in our own house
°the phone and laptop I have now is a result of a seed in church.

I hope this answers are good enough lamMicheal

Regards!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share Ur Dreams 4 Interpretations / ⚫⚫After the first rapture the second coming of Jesus is Going To be The Last Day / Is This Convetousness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.