Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? (7678 Views)

Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? / Loss Of Taste And Smell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Prettybhoy(m): 3:54pm On May 10, 2020
Hello nairalanders I need you all help... I suddenly lost my sense of smell and taste about 3days ago.... I am not having any chronic catarrh or any nasal problems... What could be the cause of this please? Now whatever I eat don't have taste in my mouth,even if a house is burning I can't smell it too... Please help me on how to get rid of this ailment... Who else has experience this? I need your advice please

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by emmyboy162(m): 4:05pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:
Hello nairalanders I need you all help... I suddenly lost my sense of smell and taste about 3days ago.... I am not having any chronic catarrh or any nasal problems... What could be the cause of this please? Now whatever I eat don't have taste in my mouth,even if a house is burning I can't smell it too... Please help me on how to get rid of this ailment... Who else has experience this? I need your advice please

Go to a doctor especially when you don't have any nasal problem.
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by oluwanimoduroty: 4:06pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:
visit a hospital cus thats one of the symptoms of the virus. Ensure to tell them before they touch you pls to avoid exposure in case it's the virus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Lorazepam(f): 4:15pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:
Sudden loss of smell and taste is a symptom of covid 19, go and get tested. Happened to my friend, and he eventually tested positive for the covid 19, and those were the only symptoms he had.

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:15pm On May 10, 2020
U have picked corona call
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by rtdCivilservant: 4:37pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:
Go for test, though there are few other ailments that could cause these, but at this time Covid-19 is the most likely suspect. Pls self isolate and ensure to tell them (when u go for the testing) so that u don't expose more people incase it is Covid-19. Wish u well and quick recovery.
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by rtdCivilservant: 4:38pm On May 10, 2020
Lorazepam:

Sudden loss of smell and taste is a symptom of covid 19, go and get tested. Happened to my friend, and he eventually tested positive for the covid 19, and those were the only symptoms he had.
Is he ur bf?
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by spafu(m): 4:57pm On May 10, 2020
Call NCDC
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by spafu(m): 4:57pm On May 10, 2020
oluwanimoduroty:
visit a hospital cus thats one of the symptoms of the virus. Ensure to tell them before they touch you pls to avoid exposure in case it's the virus.
He should rather call or send someone to help visit the hospital to tell them to call NCDC for him because going to the hospital may put others at risk.
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Prettybhoy(m): 5:12pm On May 10, 2020
Thank you so much
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Prettybhoy(m): 5:26pm On May 10, 2020
I just called the NCDC toll free number... They said they won't get me test just like that... They said what I had is a minor that since I'm not feeling sick that I don't need to go to NCDC for a Corona virus test... They said I should just go to the normal hospital for a medical check up.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by switosman(m): 5:29pm On May 10, 2020
While you wait for the call, boil ginger and garlic and inhale the steam through your mouth and nose, 4 times a day. Put lime or lemon into the boiled water and drink also 4 times a day. It will shorten the virus lifespan in you.

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:
I just called the NCDC toll free number... They said they won't get me test just like that... They said what I had is a minor that since I'm not feeling sick that I don't need to go to NCDC for a Corona virus test... They said I should just go to the normal hospital for a medical check up.

You go dey alright bro

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:
What? shocked shocked shocked

Dude, are you lying?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Prettybhoy(m): 5:43pm On May 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:

What? shocked shocked shocked

Dude, are you lying?
I swear to God almighty

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Prettybhoy(m): 5:45pm On May 10, 2020
switosman:
While you wait for the call, boil ginger and garlic and inhale the steam through your mouth and nose, 4 times a day. Put lime or lemon into the boiled water and drink also 4 times a day. It will shorten the virus lifespan in you.
okay bro I'll try this... Thank you so much
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:
I swear to God almighty
Please find the nearest Covid-19 test center and go get tested. Hopefully, from there some contact tracing can begin. Also ask those who live with you to go get tested as well.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by amakadlite(f): 5:57pm On May 10, 2020
it could be another flu, my cousin had exactly the same case last month, went to the hospital and was given some drugs. she regained her sense of smell and taste after taking the drugs. I forgotten the name of the illness the doctor called it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Prettybhoy(m): 6:11pm On May 10, 2020
amakadlite:
it could be another flu, my cousin had exactly the same case last month, went to the hospital and was given some drugs. she regained her sense of smell and taste after taking the drugs. I forgotten the name of the illness the doctor called it.
thanks so much for contributing your own idea... Could you please tell your cousin to show you the drugs she/he took? If the carton are still with her

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by amakadlite(f): 6:22pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:
thanks so much for contributing your own idea... Could you please tell your cousin to show you the drugs she/he took? If the carton are still with her
I will get back to you when I hear from her this night, still trying to reach her. the name of the flu is anosmia.
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Pandev(m): 6:25pm On May 10, 2020
shocked Orisirisi. God help us o
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Prettybhoy(m): 6:27pm On May 10, 2020
amakadlite:
I will get back to you when I hear from her this night, still trying to reach her. the name of the flu is anosmia.
Google showed me this also... Please help me get in touch with her let me see the drugs that was prescribed for her
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Bringback9ja: 6:35pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:

I keep saying NCDC stats doesn't reflect situation on ground. Mynd44 said am alarmist

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:

Please try to make sure you confirm whether it is Covid-19 or not first. The lives of those around you could be in danger.
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Prettybhoy(m): 6:52pm On May 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Please try to make sure you confirm whether it is Covid-19 or not first. The lives of those around you could be in danger.
that what I wanna do but... Since the person I spoke with on the toll free number didn't tell me the center in bayelsa yenagoa where I can go for a test.
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Prettybhoy(m): 6:54pm On May 10, 2020
Bringback9ja:

I keep saying NCDC stats doesn't reflect situation on ground. Mynd44 said am alarmist
if I'm positive of this Corona... Then I believe many people are positive also without knowing... I am not feeling any symptoms of being sick... Or this virus has it own special camouflage tactics? I'm confused oh
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by amakadlite(f): 7:00pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:
Google showed me this also... Please help me get in touch with her let me see the drugs that was prescribed for her
white vitamin c and warm water. desist from cold drinks. within two days you will be okay.
I was so scared for her life when she told me she was having those symptoms and visited the hospital in Kano. I thought she had contracted the coronavirus since Kano became an epicentre, but fortunately, it wasn't it.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:
if I'm positive of this Corona... Then I believe many people are positive also without knowing... I am not feeling any symptoms of being sick... Or this virus has it own special camouflage tactics? I'm confused oh

It does that is why over 80,000 people here in the US are dead. 25% to 50% of those whp are infected show no symptoms at all(asymptomatic) and they are the ones who have probably done the bulk of the job spreading it around.
You at least showed two symptoms, so please shelter-in-place (your family as well) until you find a place to go get tested.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:
that what I wanna do but... Since the person I spoke with on the toll free number didn't tell me the center in bayelsa yenagoa where I can go for a test.

Please keep trying them until you get answers.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by Prettybhoy(m): 7:05pm On May 10, 2020
amakadlite:
white vitamin c and warm water. desist from cold drinks. within two days you will be okay.
that what your cousin took?
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by amakadlite(f): 7:07pm On May 10, 2020
Prettybhoy:
that what your cousin took?
yes and she became okay after two days.
Re: How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? by tuborme: 7:08pm On May 10, 2020
NCDC , hehehhe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Can’t A Matron Take Instruction From Doctor? – Lawmaker / Acne Sufferer: Help Needed Asap!!! / #coronavirus: See How Much Each Breathing Machine ICU Ventilator Costs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.