Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

How To Live Life On Your Terms And Feel Fulfilled Selling Your Skills - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Live Life On Your Terms And Feel Fulfilled Selling Your Skills (626 Views)

Terms And Conditions: The Shadiest Scam In Tech / Whogohost Free Domain For Life On Every Hosting Account Plus Promo Code / Let Me Write A Unique Copyright, Terms And Conditions, Or Disclaimer For You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Live Life On Your Terms And Feel Fulfilled Selling Your Skills by Nichesiteseo(m): 4:46pm On May 10, 2020
Tired of having that depressed feeling that you are wasting your potential?

Tired of having life punching you around?

Fret not.

I’m going to show you a simple way anyone can take to live life on their terms, live a happier life and make more money selling their skills.

Don’t start a business. Don’t build stuff.

Don’t look for problems you can solve. Don’t copy what someone has already done and add to the noise.

So what should you do?

Just help people.

That’s the secret.

No route is easy in business but what we need to do is simple: “Add value. Get paid”.

Go help folks doing something that you know others get paid for.

That’s step 1. Then you can figure out step 2 and get paid.

I wish spammers will just get this.

Have been reaching out to total strangers on twitter during the lockdown. Mostly business owners.

Asking them what they need help with. And just helping them without asking for anything in return. When I can’t, I point them to who can.

I built a website for a local agency in Lagos and helped them host it online.

They have been finding it hard to do marketing for their service. So they reached out for help again. I drew up a proposal showing how I could help them.

They said yes to the proposal.

Now they have hired me to run marketing for the whole firm.

On a retainer.

Here’s your homework for the next couple of weeks.

1: Go online and look for who you can help. Truly help without asking for anything in return.

2: Forget selling to people. Instead ask: how many people can I help this week. Help as many as you can.

At least help one person a day. It could be doing a 5 minutes task for them. It could be answering a question and helping someone get unstuck. Nothing is too small.

3. Put your ears to the ground. When you help people something magical happens. You help people so you can learn. That’s the benefit.

Here’s how it works:

If you come on Nairaland and open a thread selling your services or product two things can only happen.

People buy or they don’t.

It feels good when people buy.

But what happens when they don’t?

The problem with this selling approach is that you don’t know why people don’t buy. The feedback is binary. A yes or no.

When it’s a no you should know why.

This is why helping first helps.

It makes you learn what exactly people are struggling with and what they are willing to pay for.

If I had just approached the agency selling them a website they probably wouldn’t have bought the website. And I wouldn’t know that the thing they really want to pay for is marketing.

Here’s what I promise you if you do this to a T.

You are going to feel you are wasting your time and just doing all this stuff and not getting paid.

But that’s just the first step. That’s the whole point. You do that ‘nothing work’ so you get close enough to the potential customer to really understand what they are struggling with and what they will pay for.

The second step?

Now sell them a solution to that big problem they are willing to pay for.

That’s it.

That’s the secret.

Do this and you’ll make more money from your services, feel fulfilled helping people solve their problems and forming deep connections and network that will take you places you couldn’t have imagined you would go.

Who are you going to help?

P.S. If this content resonates with you and what to see more sign up for my newsletter in my signature.

4 Likes

Re: How To Live Life On Your Terms And Feel Fulfilled Selling Your Skills by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 01, 2020
Bro I need your number asap. There's an urgent business for you. Please reach me via hamisahmed10@gmail.com asap. It is very urgent.
Re: How To Live Life On Your Terms And Feel Fulfilled Selling Your Skills by James39: 8:18am On Jun 14, 2020
Nichesiteseo:
Tired of having that depressed feeling that you are wasting your potential?

Tired of having life punching you around?

Fret not.

I’m going to show you a simple way anyone can take to live life on their terms, live a happier life and make more money selling their skills.

Don’t start a business. Don’t build stuff.

Don’t look for problems you can solve. Don’t copy what someone has already done and add to the noise.

So what should you do?

Just help people.

That’s the secret.

No route is easy in business but what we need to do is simple: “Add value. Get paid”.

Go help folks doing something that you know others get paid for.

That’s step 1. Then you can figure out step 2 and get paid.

I wish spammers will just get this.

Have been reaching out to total strangers on twitter during the lockdown. Mostly business owners.

Asking them what they need help with. And just helping them without asking for anything in return. When I can’t, I point them to who can.

I built a website for a local agency in Lagos and helped them host it online.

They have been finding it hard to do marketing for their service. So they reached out for help again. I drew up a proposal showing how I could help them.

They said yes to the proposal.

Now they have hired me to run marketing for the whole firm.

On a retainer.

Here’s your homework for the next couple of weeks.

1: Go online and look for who you can help. Truly help without asking for anything in return.

2: Forget selling to people. Instead ask: how many people can I help this week. Help as many as you can.

At least help one person a day. It could be doing a 5 minutes task for them. It could be answering a question and helping someone get unstuck. Nothing is too small.

3. Put your ears to the ground. When you help people something magical happens. You help people so you can learn. That’s the benefit.

Here’s how it works:

If you come on Nairaland and open a thread selling your services or product two things can only happen.

People buy or they don’t.

It feels good when people buy.

But what happens when they don’t?

The problem with this selling approach is that you don’t know why people don’t buy. The feedback is binary. A yes or no.

When it’s a no you should know why.

This is why helping first helps.

It makes you learn what exactly people are struggling with and what they are willing to pay for.

If I had just approached the agency selling them a website they probably wouldn’t have bought the website. And I wouldn’t know that the thing they really want to pay for is marketing.

Here’s what I promise you if you do this to a T.

You are going to feel you are wasting your time and just doing all this stuff and not getting paid.

But that’s just the first step. That’s the whole point. You do that ‘nothing work’ so you get close enough to the potential customer to really understand what they are struggling with and what they will pay for.

The second step?

Now sell them a solution to that big problem they are willing to pay for.

That’s it.

That’s the secret.

Do this and you’ll make more money from your services, feel fulfilled helping people solve their problems and forming deep connections and network that will take you places you couldn’t have imagined you would go.

Who are you going to help?

P.S. If this content resonates with you and what to see more sign up for my newsletter in my signature.

Please bro can you help me with the proposal letter on upwork.

Please my email is Slimm6448@ Gmail// com
Re: How To Live Life On Your Terms And Feel Fulfilled Selling Your Skills by Nichesiteseo(m): 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
James39:

Please bro can you help me with the proposal letter on upwork.

Please my email is Slimm6448@ Gmail// com

Check my newsletter in the signature. I have a post where I gave out five free personal samples I have used.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Sell And Buy Links? / I Have No Job, Please Suggest To Me Any Well Paying IT Skills I Can Take / Self-taught Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.