Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries (24106 Views)

Fix Nigeria’s Porous Border - Alaba Lawson Tells FG / NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants / Resignation: Kemi Adeosun Hands Over To Perm Sec., Mahmoud Isa Dutse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by References: 6:45pm On May 10, 2020
‌Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has ordered a one-month working suspension of the state’s Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Chief Samuel Okoronkwo, over alleged boundary security compromise and negligence.

Umahi gave the order on Sunday in a statement he personally posted on the social media and confirmed by the state’s Commissioner for Information, Mr Uchenna Orji.

He said the suspension meant forfeiture of one month salary.

The governor also ordered a one-month working suspension of the Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Dr Augustine Nwuzor.

The governor expressed dismay over an alleged high level of compromise and negligence of duty he witnessed on May 9, while inspecting the state’s boundaries at Afipo North and Ivo LGA.

He threatened to sack them if there were no improvements.

He said, “All development centre coordinators of Afikpo North and Ivo LGA’s are hereby suspended from office and should handover to the ‘Member One’ in their various development centres including their official vehicles.

“All political appointees from these councils are to remain on half salary until normalcy returns including all traditional rulers from both councils.

“Commissioner for LGA and Permanent Secretary of LGA are to serve one-month working suspension without salaries and if there is no improvement in the running of LGA, they will be removed.

“The chairmen and leadership of town unions in Ebonyi are hereby suspended and I will dissolve all town unions this May if situations do not improve.”

He further threatened that all health workers in the state absent from their duty posts from Sunday will be sacked, pledging to do more in the coming days to secure the peoples’ lives.

“What I saw on Saturday at Ivo LGA left me worried about our people’s honesty in doing this job.

“I was disappointed with what I saw there and also at Afikpo North LGA between 6.30 pm and 12.am.

“I ‘arrested’ over 10 passenger-buses with over 50 passengers coming from Abia, Rivers and Lagos.

“People manning the roadblocks ‘took’ bribes and allowed them to pass and I had no option than to arrest those said to be doing the work but were only taking bribes.

“They are presently at the Abakaliki quarantine centre and there was no presence of town unions in those locations,” he said.

The governor stated that there was no form of monitoring by the LGA and internal security commissioner, council chairmen, development centre coordinators, describing the situation as a ‘shame’.

“The LGA commissioner is hereby directed to account to me before Wednesday, May 13, the expenditure of 15million released to each LGA chairman for this pandemic.

“I must see if I can raise boys in each of the 140 communities to do this job and then review all appointments in line with those who can help in this fight to save our people.

“I, however, observed that good work took place in the day, but at night only the army in one location and local boys stayed.

“I am still depressed with the commitment of our security agencies despite my efforts in paying allowances,” he said.

https://punchng.com/lockdown-umahi-suspends-commissioner-perm-sec-others-over-porous-boundaries/

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by Ezennwa(m): 6:46pm On May 10, 2020
hmm!

Action Governor.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by NwaNimo1(m): 6:51pm On May 10, 2020

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by Slawormir: 7:14pm On May 10, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
This Corona viruse don cause many problems already

Imagine a real niggarrr is plus +1 today

But can't do anything because he is damnnnnn broke because of corona viruse

am still going to try and drop recharge cards of two thousand naira right here in my subsequent comments but it is going to be hundred naira recharge card up to 2 thousand naira

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by medTechworld(f): 7:14pm On May 10, 2020
ok
Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by justi40(m): 7:15pm On May 10, 2020
Let me sit here and get better view to watch
Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by YoungLionken(m): 7:15pm On May 10, 2020
Too much corruption in high places. Wike had to monitor the lockdown situation by himself... sad

16 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by Coldie(m): 7:16pm On May 10, 2020
Umahi, you are not a wicked man, no follow wike footsteps abeg

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by bosschinalu(m): 7:16pm On May 10, 2020
WHAT THE FEDERAL GANG REFUSED TO DO...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 10, 2020
Lt.Gens everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by Jestin: 7:16pm On May 10, 2020
He should use the one month of his suspension to observe the stay at home period. Nothing spoil afterall
Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by PROPHETmichael: 7:16pm On May 10, 2020
That's the way to go. The reason we are the way we are in this part of the world is because people don't pay pay for their negligence.
Well done Umahi.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by Millennialaku(m): 7:16pm On May 10, 2020
damnnnn niggarr

isoright

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by airminem(f): 7:16pm On May 10, 2020
That's an achievement
Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by Jakemedg(m): 7:16pm On May 10, 2020
Commendable but what do people achieve by compromising

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by SavedbyGod: 7:17pm On May 10, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by karashita: 7:18pm On May 10, 2020
Lagos and Ogun State governments should learn from this.People shuttling anyhow between the 2 states.Hian.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by nwamabo247(m): 7:18pm On May 10, 2020
Working governor but the security agence are to be blame.please see my proflie to help
Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by NwaAro: 7:18pm On May 10, 2020
Wike and Umahi must be twins, those two governors take no nonsense grin

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by christm386: 7:19pm On May 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 10, 2020
Better, this is time for work not time for political foul play.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by Reference(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2020
Guv. Perhaps you shouldstary knocking houses down and auctioning those curfew breaking vehicles to be taken seriously. Test! Test!! Test!!! says the WHO. Everyone is Nigeria is failing the test of righteousness this pandemic.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by tolugar: 7:19pm On May 10, 2020
Enugu should be more serious

As the gate way from the north and still people pass through on daily basis

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 10, 2020
shocked
Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by murphyibiam15(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2020
Nawa oo.. between Umahi and Wike I don't know who's more dictatorial..but I think is Wike..PDP govs have gone mad ooooooh
Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by 4four(m): 7:20pm On May 10, 2020
We still never ready to fight this virus, if we are ready we have to keep humans right for one corner, because average Nigerians need iron fist to obey simple instruction

14 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries by raylandmark: 7:21pm On May 10, 2020
Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) / Keyamo Called Yaradua A Man With "Half-Liver And Half-Brain" (Throwback Video) / Food Prices In Governor Sanwo-Olu's Subsidised Market Higher Than Actual Market'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.